PDA

View Full Version : Creating custom libraries (skills, spells, etc) in extension for CoreRPG

Valyar
February 28th, 2019, 14:07
I would like some guidance here... I work on extension based on CoreRPG and I want to have few libraries that are not available in the base ruleset (so I can't modify and overwrite, need it brand new) - Skills/Spells/Races and others. I am not sure how to make the respective button appear in the list in the "Library" and later have it visible in the Sidebar.

I copied the record_skills.xml from D&D 5e for example, as it is exactly what I want along with the icons, strings and script files that are mentioned in the .xml (i think none). Adding it as include source in the extension.xml does not show it.

What am I missing here?

<!-- Additional Campaign Records -->
<includefile source="campaign/record_skill.xml" />

Valyar
February 28th, 2019, 17:19
I got an answer from Moon Wizard in Discord. I paste it here just in a case someone else needs this

In order to create a new record type that's understood by the CoreRPG layer, you need to add it via the LibraryData script. Check out the onInit function in the DataLibrary5E script in the 5E ruleset for some examples. (scripts/data_library_5E.lua)

Varsuuk
March 7th, 2019, 20:01
Awesome, glad you did this. It is always helpful as Damned said many times to ask here since the answer is often useful to many.

I too struggled with this and forgot what it was I was forgetting... as did look at Library but it was something else I think. Blast my memory.