PDA

View Full Version : Aetherlux Descendent

ronlugge
February 27th, 2019, 19:30
FG License: None needed, DM has ultimate
Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Pacific
Day of week and time: Mondays at 5:00 Pacific (8:00 Eastern)
Planned start date: March 4th
Planned Duration & Frequency: Weekly 4 hour session
Term: My plan is for this to be a long-term campaign, if I can get a regular, reliable group together

Text or Voice: Primarily voice, over Discord
Voice software used: Discord -- will provide link to personal discord server
Streaming: I don't intend to stream, but players are welcome to

Roleplay & Combat mix: Probably about 50/50 roleplay / combat, but that will depend on party -- a party that uses stealth and diplomacy to solve problems will naturally see less combat than a murderhobo group
Number of Players in game & needed: I currently have 3 players . I want 2 more, and am considering going for a 3rd to bring the total up to 6.
Character starting level & equipment: 3rd level, bonus feat at 1st level, extra starting gold. See Homebrew Rules (https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-L5I2l7MbGzh_KAWLg_5) for details. I have a collection of pre-approved homebrew (https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-LVfyb32HmqN4ZfK6jc0) for those who are interested.
Character restrictions: Strong preference for 'common' races (Human, Elf, Halfling, Dwarf, and Half-Elf) and monstrous races (Orcs, Kobolds, etc) are outright prohibited. Rare races (Tiefling, Dragonborn, Tabaxi, Genasi) are allowed, but may have consequences. No wild magic sorcerers -- due to setting details, they're killed on sight in most areas.

Details of your scenario: Aetherlux, the City of Air and Light. A mountain top city of scholars, wizards, clergy, craftsmen, and more. The home of an empire that ruled unchallenged and unchanged for literally centuries. All roads led to Aethurlux, and in the end, it's fall was felt everywhere. The spell that preserved that empire was never released, and the backlash when it finally fell destroyed not just Aetherlux, but an entire world. The entire world, even empires that had never heard of Aetherlux, saw their societies unravel for no reason at all as the energies that once preserved Aetherlux ripped them to pieces, twisted and distorted when the spell they'd fueled collapsed. Magic itself was twisted awry and no longer worked quite the same. The earth heaved, the seas raged, the skies fulminated, and fires erupted out of control. As the apocalypse reached it's climax, as it seemed certain that life itself could not continue, a soft, gentle light wrapped itself around a few places here and there in the world. Life continued, preserved by that light, even as the world itself was destroyed, chaotic magical energies ripping and tearing until nothing of the old world remained.

A thousand years later, life is sustained in small enclaves, fortified towns that wrest a hard living from a harder world. Each town boasts their own patron god or goddess, that exacts a toll for the protection they provided in the moment of the apocalypse. Monster raids are a regular occurrence, and the deer you hunt may well be hunting you right back. A tree may be a tree, or it may be a bloodthirsty carnivore hoping you'll walk into range of it's vines. That soft bed of grass may just be carnivorous, and your dinner may be a loaf of bread literally plucked off a tree. Contact between towns is maintained by heavily armed and armored 'trading' caravans, whose prices are as exploitative as their expenses high -- and who often vanish, never to be heard of again.

Link to Game Calendar page: Link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3402) Not sure if I'll continue to use this tool. My intent is for the game to be weekly.

Edit:

Game is now filled, thank you everyone who contacted me.

DanBookman
February 27th, 2019, 19:51
I wish the time of this game was later. It sounds like it will be loads of fun.

ronlugge
February 27th, 2019, 20:03
I wish the time of this game was later. It sounds like it will be loads of fun.

That's one problem with weekday night games -- trying to split the difference between people's schedules. As it, it lasts until midnight eastern, which is just too late for a lot of people.

Jathos
February 27th, 2019, 22:48
I'm interested in this group for sure. I'm a new player to FG and just starting out in 5E as well. I would be open to it being a bit later as DanBookman also mentioned but understand how schedules all mesh is probably the hardest part of getting these groups going. I'm PST as well. I'd love to chat more on Discord before joining if you want. PM me if you'd like to set something up.

DanBookman
March 1st, 2019, 18:04
That's one problem with weekday night games -- trying to split the difference between people's schedules. As it, it lasts until midnight eastern, which is just too late for a lot of people.

I totally get that. But with my schedule it just doesn't work. I don't get off work until 6 pm pacific.

Mantak
March 1st, 2019, 18:30
If you have someone drop your time slot works perfectly for me, and your game sounds really interesting.