PDA

View Full Version : Ghosts of Saltmarsh?

Atreides Ghola
February 26th, 2019, 18:05
Now that they've announced the new D&D supplement/adventure, is there an ETA for it's arrival in Fantasy Gounds?

Sorry if this is in the wrong place - wasn't sure where to put it.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2019, 18:13
Smiteworks aim to have the FG version in the store at the same time that Wizards Play Network (WPN) stores have the product available. So, Ghosts of Saltmarsh should be available in FG whenever the usual WPN release date is.

Atreides Ghola
February 26th, 2019, 18:16
Smiteworks aim to have the FG version in the store at the same time that Wizards Play Network (WPN) stores have the product available. So, Ghosts of Saltmarsh should be available in FG whenever the usual WPN release date is.

Looks like May 21st. Is going to be an expensive day for me, between book and FG mod. Can hardly wait.

GarthGiantbane
February 26th, 2019, 19:21
Funny - I started a conversion of module U1 - Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh (followed by U2 & U3) a couple years ago when I first wanted to translate a module to FG & 5E. I only got about 1/3 of the way through it - skill checks were a lot different back then =/ I look forward to see how they worked it up for the new book.

As a side note - I had also started on Forges of Fury before Tales of the Yawning Portal came out. I got stuck on the HUGE play maps for the dungeon.

But I played - actually DM'd - both back in the 80's. Both were fun adventures.

Garth

Atreides Ghola
February 26th, 2019, 21:31
I've DM'd U1-U3, and a handful of the others; never played as a PC. But as I recall, all were great adventures, and I'm really looking forward to the release.
Looking forward to giving my players some Pirates of the Caribbean, D&D style.

However, some higher level love would have been appreciated. DotMM is the only thing out right now that serves for high level characters without a boatload of extra work and time.