PDA

View Full Version : LFP AD&D 1e Mon, Wed, or Thurs 8pm EST (NEW GAME)

taoistpunk
February 26th, 2019, 15:14
I'm looking to round up a few players (aka 'Old Heads') for a deep delve.

There's gonna be a solid mix of dungeon crawl meets role-play with no well defined borders or boundaries.

The world is homebrew but recognizable. This isn't the magic-soaked Forgotten Realms friends, but finding that +1 sword or Healing Potion isn't gonna be too tough.

I'm looking for 3-5 players to inhabit the game-space.

When: Day to be determined, but Mon, Wed, or Thurs works best for me (Thurs my most solid) from 8pm est until 10pm or so (with some email play between games if folks are up for it!)

Ruleset will be the one developed by Celestian here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37777-Project-AD-amp-D-Core-Ruleset
(https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?37777-Project-AD-amp-D-Core-Ruleset)

Please respond here on the thread or PM me for more details!

Thanks

taoistpunk
February 28th, 2019, 12:00
Wow. Post up for days and so far only one taker. Do I smell? :)

2-3 slots open. Help me fill them! Reach out, ask questions, let’s play.

celestian
February 28th, 2019, 13:15
Another place to seek players would be somewhere like Dragonsfoot. (https://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/index.php) They are focused on AD&D.

taoistpunk
February 28th, 2019, 14:07
I will post there. Usually I've found that cross posting on forums, twitter, etc. yields me lots of players who use Roll20, but few (usually none) FG players.

That said, I'll throw up a post and see what it gets me.

wrandalljr4
March 1st, 2019, 02:09
Hello

I can play on monday?

HooplazaitheMongoose
March 1st, 2019, 03:44
I was also looking to play with some people but I am new to Fantasy Grounds but not to D&D. I'm unsure if my character I have is suitable. He's a godly character kinda overpowered but new to the world of D&D. I will be happy to learn the basics and play for myself. My email is [email protected] if you want to message me. I'm all ears.

Dave0910
March 1st, 2019, 06:35
Somewhat oldie here, looking to jump in. I started in 2E, but I always wanted to try out the original. I’ve been through the core manuals and seberal expansions, so I shouldnt be totally lost (that and the 1E and 2E rules are nearlt identical). Is there any restriction on the core races/classes? Also, is this long term enough that I should avoid using demihumans (be a real bummer to stop advancing because of level restrictions).
I can play any night but Thursday, when I have my own campaign going.

damned
March 1st, 2019, 07:06
Wow. Post up for days and so far only one taker. Do I smell? :)

2-3 slots open. Help me fill them! Reach out, ask questions, let’s play.

You post had been up for less than 2 days, mid week and in a quiet week....

Vhok
March 1st, 2019, 07:25
never played 1e but if you're ok with teaching someone as we go i'm down to play.

taoistpunk
March 1st, 2019, 14:06
Yeah..I know. You know how it is...eager to get things going. I know that playing 1e is a seriously declining niche :)

I've managed to wrangle a few folks together so all is good. It was a slow week, seems like everywhere.

You post had been up for less than 2 days, mid week and in a quiet week....

taoistpunk
March 1st, 2019, 17:04
It looks like it's falling on Wed. If your schedule opens up, please let me know. I very much appreciate your answering the Call

Hello

I can play on monday?

taoistpunk
March 1st, 2019, 17:07
never played 1e but if you're ok with teaching someone as we go i'm down to play.

I don't mind teaching, nor generally do other players. It's a fairly simple system, but less flexible than 5e. I'm not sure what you've already played.

I've had a few other responses via mail, and I'm trying to build out the group based on a '1st come' priority. I have 5 but that could obviously change and I will keep you in the loop as things move forward/change. I really appreciate your applying to play...

HooplazaitheMongoose
March 1st, 2019, 21:43
I'll be happy to join. Thursday is fine with me. The other days I won't be available. Still would like some help with my character but otherwise I'll be waiting for the first game.

Dareus
March 1st, 2019, 23:45
If this happened on Thursday, I'd be interested. Haven't played 1e since the 80's!!

Jaystewy
March 2nd, 2019, 03:01
Hey there, if your still looking for players I am most interested in a player position for your campaign. Grew up playing AD&D, but it has been a solid minute since I have played the good ol old school edition. Anyways, let me know!

Jaystewy
March 2nd, 2019, 03:04
Hey there, if your still looking for players I am most interested in a player position for your campaign. Grew up playing AD&D, but it has been a solid minute since I have played the good ol old school edition. Anyways, let me know!

HooplazaitheMongoose
March 6th, 2019, 05:35
Are there slots still open? I've been looking forward to play on Thursday but I haven't heard any news about what's happening yet

taoistpunk
March 6th, 2019, 12:02
Are there slots still open? I've been looking forward to play on Thursday but I haven't heard any news about what's happening yet

Sorry I didn't reply sooner...been a bit of a crazy week for me.

Looks like play is happening on Wednesdays. If your wed night schedule frees up, lemme know.