PDA

View Full Version : Oops... can I retract a map? Sent the wrong map to the players. :(

connivingsumo
February 26th, 2019, 07:12
I searched the 5e forums for: retract map, shared wrong map, etc. and I could not find the answer to this question. I also couldn't figure out by messing with the software.

Thankfully, I've not done this (yet) in an actual game with actual players. With the DM screen on the left and the Player screen on the right, I could see I accidentally shared the wrong map. I shared The Sword Coast map with all of the locations on it, such as Cragmaw Castle, Cragmaw Hideout, Agatha's Lair, etc. when I meant to share the player's version that just shows the 'civilized settlements' such as Neverwinter, Leilon, Phandalin, etc.

I noticed my mistake, one that I've made more than once now, and started to work on troubleshooting "what to do" if I ever do this during a live game with actual players. The only thing I could figure out to do was to 'mask' the entire map. I am really hoping there is a way to redact, or recall a shared image/map/etc.

Is there a way to unshare or retract a mistakenly shared item?

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 07:16
There is a circled P icon (public) or circled S icon (shared individually) shown in the campaign Images list that let's you know when an image record is being shared. Just click on the circled P/S to unshare that content. Alternately, you can also right click on the record in the campaign Images list to "unshare" the record as well.

Regards,
JPG

damned
February 26th, 2019, 11:45
Also get in the habit of masking all maps before sharing.

connivingsumo
February 26th, 2019, 14:40
Also get in the habit of masking all maps before sharing.
Ha! Good advice... don't mask after sharing. ;)

There is a circled P icon (public) or circled S icon (shared individually) shown in the campaign Images list that let's you know when an image record is being shared. Just click on the circled P/S to unshare that content. Alternately, you can also right click on the record in the campaign Images list to "unshare" the record as well.

Regards,
JPG
Thanks for the info. I'm going to give this a try today.

Trenloe
February 26th, 2019, 14:49
Unsharing is common with all campaign data. More details in the user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List

connivingsumo
February 26th, 2019, 20:49
Unsharing is common with all campaign data. More details in the user guide here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Campaign_Data#Campaign_Data_List

I gave it a try with the maps window and see the 'P' for public. Thanks all.