PDA

View Full Version : Looking to find a group of players to team up and look for a DM

linkwtf
February 26th, 2019, 06:32
Hey everyone,

So I am having a hell of a time finding a group to play with or find a DM during my availability. I am a single parent of 3 so my time, I guess, would be pretty specific. So I have an idea. I am looking for a group of people that want to join forces on discord. We would get a bunch of people that can play at a specific time and hopefully we can find a DM or we can try to DM ourselves. This way we can sort of hunt for groups/DMs together.

This may seem self serving, and honestly it is, but there has to be others out there in a similar position.

I am available Tu,Wed,Fri,Sat, or Sun from 8:00pm - 1:00am CST

If you are available during any of these time slots PM me.

If you are interested send me a PM with your Discord details and I will add everyone to a server. Hopefully with our powers combined we can organize some long term games and make it a little easier to game while adulting.

Also, this will not be specific to any games, because I do not mind learning new systems. As a group we can share resources to learn, so new players are welcome.

This is will be a server for adults so 16+ please...no squeakers/no snowflakes/no drama

damned
February 26th, 2019, 12:11
hey linkwtf

I would seriously try the rotating GM option.
Set the guidelines - something like this:

1. Everyone must have standard or ultimate license
2. The GM of the moment chooses the system and the adventure that she will run
3. Each GM must run something on their turn even if it is a one-shot adventure lasting one session (but 2+ sessions would be better)
4. Everyone needs to support the GM of the moment and help them rather than pick on any shortcomings
5. Aim for 5 people in total - maybe 6 - no more. Smaller groups are easier for new GMs
6. Agree on the day and time and providing at least three of you are available the game goes ahead

Once you get thru everyones turn it is very likely that one of you will want to volunteer to go around again - and hopefully more than one of you.
You will all get better at playing and GMing and you will probably get to experience at least one new system.

linkwtf
February 26th, 2019, 22:52
I am going to wait until we get a bit more interest in the server, but please hit me up on discord if you are interested linkwtf#8852

Dobby the Wise
February 26th, 2019, 23:59
I am interested. Those times work for me. Discord is: DobbytheWise (UTC -5)#1953

linkwtf
February 27th, 2019, 03:10
thanks damned sounds like a good idea. But it really depends on if our group wants to spend money, I dont mind but I also have yet to play a session, so I really don't want to spend any if i cant even find a damn game lol

linkwtf
February 27th, 2019, 03:11
Hey Dobby that Discord name did not work

Dobby the Wise
February 27th, 2019, 03:20
Hey Dobby that Discord name did not work

Sorry just switched it and took out the brackets and UTC new dis: DobbytheWise -5#1953
I added you @linkwtf

linkwtf
February 27th, 2019, 15:37
I've created the discord server. Please PM me your Discord name or add me linkwtf#8852 and I will add you to the server. Here we will coordinate times, GM, game, etc.

Ray522
February 27th, 2019, 16:58
Hey guys.
I am a experienced GM that took a break from gaming and want to return.
I am currently contemplating getting ultimate and offer games on FT...
BUT ... Lol... I dont do DnD.... Heres the games i could start with a very short notice.
Legends of the five rings, 4th ; A medieval Samurai world. A superb universe.

Tribe 8: A post-apocalypse gritty and dirty game. Mature subjects are omnipresent. Honestly, one of my all time favorite universes, but not for everyone.

If you guys are interrested, im available in the original posters times. Almost forgot... I would be aiming for 3-5 players....

linkwtf
February 28th, 2019, 15:13
Our Server, natural 1, has grown to 12 people and games are already being scheduled. We are looking for players and DMs looking to game around 2:00 UTC and later. please send me a message if you are interested.

Dobby the Wise
February 28th, 2019, 15:46
Natural 1 is growing into a helpful, friendly group. If you are available around 2:00 UTC and looking for a good group, msg if interested!

Kyuss11
March 3rd, 2019, 03:37
I'm a gm with ultimate license and looking to start a game on Thursday nights at 7-10pm eastern time. Please send me a link to the server on discord.