PDA

View Full Version : Savage Worlds 2019/February update

Ikael
February 25th, 2019, 23:17
New major update for Savage Worlds ruleset will be available on February 26th.

This update provides new features and improvements for the Savage Worlds Deluxe ruleset but also provides important groundwork for the Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (SWADE) ruleset release!

SWADE is new purchasable item, available in FG Store starting Feb 26th and soon in Steam Store. Read more about the product from the store's description page!
FG Store: Savage Worlds Adventure Edition (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PEGFGSWADE)

When you launch your existing Savage Worlds campaign after the update you will be asked if you would like to update the campaign to use SWADE rules. You can continue playing with Deluxe rules by declining. This will be asked only once for your campaign.

If you declined the SWADE update when it was asked the first time, you can manually apply the update by using /swade slash command in your campaign.

After the update, whether you have purchased SWADE or not, you will have two Savage Worlds related rulesets in Create New Campaign view: SavageWorlds and SWD.

To play with Deluxe rules you should use SWD ruleset and to play with SWADE use SavageWorlds ruleset. You can use any of your existing Savage Worlds products and modules with both of the rulesets!

Happy gaming!

Ikael
February 25th, 2019, 23:18
[SWADE] Core skills added to sheet when PC is created
[SWADE] New Modifierstack buttons: Multi-Action and Run
[SWADE] Load limit is automatically calculated
[SWADE] Brawny Edge rule regarding Encumbrance implemented
[SWADE] Power Surge Edge rule implemented
[SWADE] Hard to Kill Edge rule implemented
[SWADE] No Mercy Edge rule implemented
[SWADE] Tough As Nails/Tougher Than Nails Edge rules implemented
[SWADE] Iron Jaw Edge rule implemented
[SWADE] Obese Hindrance rule implemented
[SWADE] Very Young Hindrance rule implemented
[SWADE] Size Wounds threshold rules implemented
[SWADE] Hesitant Hindrance Action Card rule implemented
[SWADE] Carry Encumbrance affects Pace
[SWADE] Armor Encumbrance affects Pace
[SWADE] Encumbrance rules updated
[SWADE] Stunned rules implemented
[SWADE] Incapacitation and Bleeding Out rules implemented
[SWADE] Effect duration rules updated
[SWADE] Vehicle sheet updated
[SWADE] Joker's Wild rule implemented
[SWADE] Critical Failure rule implemented
[SWADE] Joker's Wild rules can be adjusted by changing new House Rules option
[SWADE] New option: "Auto-roll Effect recovery". When enabled Stun recovery is auto-rolled
[SWADE] XP field removed from PC sheet
[SWADE] /xp slashcommand removed
[SWADE] Change CT Tracker type option removed
[SWADE] Distracted, Vulnerable, Stunned, Entangled and Bound effect icons on tokens
[SWD] Races, Hindrances and Edges updated
[SavageWorlds] Racial Abilities list
[SavageWorlds] Elan Edge rules regarding Soak updated
[SavageWorlds] Dropping Edges, Hindrances and Abilities to PC sheet add modifiers to stats
[SavageWorlds] Effects can be referenced with # prefix. For instance [#Vulnerable]
[SavageWorlds] New option: Auto-apply Size modifiers
[SavageWorlds] Make Group Rolls by holding ALT down and rolling NPC Trait
[SavageWorlds] Cards can be dropped on images and maps
[SavageWorlds] Benny can be dropped on Power Points field to regain d6 Power Points
[SavageWorlds] Brave Edge rule implemented
[SavageWorlds] Giant Killer Edge rule implemented
[SavageWorlds] Resilient/Very Resilient ability rules implemented
[SavageWorlds] Anemic Hindrance rule implemented
[SavageWorlds] Yellow Hindrance rule implemented
[SavageWorlds] Dropping ability to sheet will remove existing requirements abilities. For instance adding "Great Luck" would remove "Luck"
[SavageWorlds] Run effect keyword support added. For instance [Run -1d, Run -1] to reduce running die by one die type and -1 when rolling it
[SavageWorlds] Size effect keyword support added. For instance [Size +2] to increase actor's size by two
[SavageWorlds] Extreme Range support added
[SavageWorlds] Add > at the end of the Attribute effect keyword to make it affect all linked Traits. For instance [Agility> -2]
[SavageWorlds] Size effect keyword affects Toughness
[SavageWorlds] CT Effect Tab-autocomplete support added
[SavageWorlds] Effect list remastered
[SavageWorlds] Effect list in Power sheet
[SavageWorlds] Modifiers list in Power sheet
[SavageWorlds] New Advances field in PC sheet
[SavageWorlds] New Advance button in Party Sheet. Gives an Advance to all PCs
[SavageWorlds] New /advance slash commands. Gives an Advance to all PCs
[SavageWorlds] Dealt cards can be browsed and selected in CT
[SavageWorlds] Drop Benny to CT card selection to draw additional card
[SavageWorlds] If combatant has more than one card to select from they will be shown on start of the round
[SavageWorlds] Smart Derived Stat layouting (3-in-row and 2-in-row)
[SavageWorlds] GM Bennies will reset when PC Bennies are reset in Party Sheet view
[SavageWorlds] When Wild Die replaces Trait die result, it is highlighted in chat
[SavageWorlds] Critical Failure rolls are highlighted in chat
[SavageWorlds] Ganging Up effect keyword renamed to Gang Up
[SavageWorlds] Action Card edges and powers are ignored when combatant is Incapaciated
[SavageWorlds] Running roll result show more information
[SavageWorlds] Parry effect bonuses in multiple equipped weapons does not stack, unless you have Ambidextrous Edge
[SavageWorlds] Minimum Strength field for melee weapons and armors
[SavageWorlds] Weapon Minimum Strength rule implemented; beneficial effects on weapons are ignored if minimum strength is not fulfilled
[SavageWorlds] CT default space value calculated from actor's size
[SavageWorlds] Default NPC faction is foe when dropped to CT
[SavageWorlds] Pace, Parry and Toughness Derived Stat value cannot be less than one
[SavageWorlds] Ranged weapon MinStr penalty is affected by Effects
[SavageWorlds] Ammunition counter is not displayed in attack list unless number of shots are defined
[SavageWorlds] Ammunition counter is shown in sub-attack entries
[SavageWorlds] Effects are searched from NPC weaponlist
[SavageWorlds] Non-power effects can only be applied to self
[SavageWorlds] Default effects and modifiers can be registered in the ruleset
[SavageWorlds] Race shortcut can be dropped to Abilities list
[SavageWorlds] Power effects are linked to PC
[SavageWorlds] CT pending damage results ignored altered Wounds threshold. Fixed
[SavageWorlds] Auto-center map could reveal hidden NPCs for players. Fixed
[SavageWorlds] Character summary tool did not count Major Hindrance points correctly. Fixed
[SavageWorlds] New /roll slash command added. Use /help to see more details
[SavageWorlds] Damage threshold effect keywords changed to "Wounds Threshold" and "Fatigue Threshold"
[SavageWorlds] New effect keywords: Natural Healing, Fear Check, Fatigue, Disruption, Bleeding Out, Knockout
[SavageWorlds] Effects can be written in Edges, Hindrances and Racial Abilities directly
[SavageWorlds] House rules option: "Effects: Duration proceeds on" removed
[SavageWorlds] Force Close Combat targeting options removed
[SavageWorlds] effect data path changed to effects
[SavageWorlds] modifier data path changed to modifiers
[SavageWorlds] Icon parameters removed from ArcaneManager.registerArcaneType function
[SavageWorlds] Regain Power Points API provided
[SavageWorlds] Minimum Strength API provided
[SavageWorlds] Actor Size API provided
[SavageWorlds] Benny right click context menu removed. Drag-and-drop to use Bennies

mghauber
February 26th, 2019, 00:18
Awesome. Thanks for the hard work. Great job!

Valyar
February 26th, 2019, 03:50
Sorry to say that, but this update completely broke all Deadland campaigns. Has this been tested at all with it and other settings? :(
Not only there was a LUA error when I opted out, but now operations related to bennies and the Deadlands poker chips fails and generates error (resetting chips for example). Also the chip bag for Deadlands is gone, Marshal Fate chips is replaced with the regular benny, the poker table is gone, drawing benny draws regular benny instead of the "Deadlands" specifics. Using the console commands to draw and reset chip does not improve the situation.

I have a second machine where I didn't run the updater and I hope I can salvage the vault and ruleset files and won't have to cancel the games.

PS: Also in my Launcher the SWD ruleset is missing, which is probably the reason for those failures?

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 04:13
If you updates during the half hour that the SW was partially prematurely released this morning (PST), then you only got partial update.

You can either delete the SacageWorkss.pak and run a new Update this evening to get the rollback, or wait until tomorrow 10am PST time zone for the full update to be pushed.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
February 26th, 2019, 05:26
So I managed to be one of the "lucky" guys? :)
I will got the pak and vault files from my second machine and once the game is over tonight I will sort this out and buy the SWADE ruleset.

hereander
February 26th, 2019, 10:59
Opening or creating a new campaign with the Beasts and Barbarians extension gives the following error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_arcane.lua"]:24: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Could not find link icon (button_dragtarget) for control (chat) in windowclass (chat)

GunnarGreybeard
February 26th, 2019, 11:32
Opening or creating a new campaign with the Beasts and Barbarians extension gives the following error

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_arcane.lua"]:24: bad argument #1 to 'pairs' (table expected, got string)
Ruleset Warning: chatwindow: Could not find link icon (button_dragtarget) for control (chat) in windowclass (chat)

If you did the update earlier, you may want to check Moon Wizard's previous message and are probably going to need to wait for the corrected update to be pushed out at about 10AM PST.

hereander
February 26th, 2019, 11:33
Ah ok, I thought this was allready the updated one. Got confused with the timezones. sorry

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 17:18
A big thanks to Aki for all his hard work on this project!

In addition to creating the new ruleset/modules for SWADE, he also updated 115 other Savage Worlds DLC to work with the new rules, as well as reviewing dozens of others for compatibility.

Please go out, buy the latest updates, and support his efforts.

Regards,
JPG

Valyar
February 26th, 2019, 17:52
A monumental effort indeed. Once the button is green I order :)

StoryWeaver
February 26th, 2019, 19:25
Quite the herculean task, great job Aki!
I'll be picking up SWADE as soon as it comes out on Steam.

dstuffle
February 26th, 2019, 19:40
When was this supposed to be available for purchase?

Savage Riggs
February 26th, 2019, 20:01
Thank you Aki for all your hard work! Awesome stuff!

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 20:08
The updates are in our patch system now; just coordinating store launch. Should be today.

Regards,
JPG

MartynJFogg
February 26th, 2019, 20:37
I entered "no" to update this evening's campaign to Swade and it's done it anyway. The old Explorer's Edition rules are gone from the library and no new rules have appeared. This is a disgrace. How do I get it back the way it was?

Trenloe
February 26th, 2019, 20:50
The old Explorer's Edition rules are gone from the library and no new rules have appeared.
As mentioned in the first post, the legacy ruleset should now be called "SWD" (Savage Worlds Deluxe). If you purchased the previous Savage Worlds ruleset (SW Deluxe) there are the "SW Deluxe GM Guide" and the "SW Deluxe Player Guide" in the library - if you're running a campaign with the SWD ruleset.

If your campaign is set for the "SavageWorlds" ruleset, this is for the new Savage Worlds Adventurers Edition (SWADE) and you won't see any SWADE library modules for that ruleset unless you purchase the new ruleset here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PEGFGSWADE

If your campaign has inadvertently changed to SWADE (SavageWorlds ruleset) then you can edit the campaign.xml file in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name> directory and change "<ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset>" to "<ruleset>SWD</ruleset>". Do this without FG running and after you've made a backup of your campaign files.

I've just done a test, and if I selected "no" to the prompt to convert to SWADE my campaign has the ruleset changed to "SWD" (which is correct behaviour) and I can see the "SW Deluxe GM Guide" and the "SW Deluxe Player Guide" in the library.

Peste
February 26th, 2019, 21:28
When are you going to launch on Steam?

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 21:34
SWADE has been released in the store.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.php?id=PEGFGSWADE

Regards,
JPG

MartynJFogg
February 26th, 2019, 22:02
If your campaign has inadvertently changed to SWADE (SavageWorlds ruleset) then you can edit the campaign.xml file in the <FG app data>\campaigns\<campaign name> directory and change "<ruleset>SavageWorlds</ruleset>" to "<ruleset>SWD</ruleset>". Do this without FG running and after you've made a backup of your campaign files.

I've just done a test, and if I selected "no" to the prompt to convert to SWADE my campaign has the ruleset changed to "SWD" (which is correct behaviour) and I can see the "SW Deluxe GM Guide" and the "SW Deluxe Player Guide" in the library.

Thank you for this helpful response. I am pretty sure I selected "no" but can I now be sure? Did I even have my reading glasses on? This is the danger if you are a minor GM without his finger on the pulse of daily events to do with the software. You can step right on a land mine if you don't suspect it's there. Big changes and the implications might be made a little more accident and idiot proof.

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 23:53
If you write to [email protected]; the developer just gave us an extension you can enable to switch your campaign to SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition) again.

Regards,
JPG

hereander
February 27th, 2019, 00:15
In my own custom extensions i have to change SavagaWorlds to SWD as dependency in extension.xml to make it work with a running campaign again, correct?

And I have to do the same with all other extensions like DOE?
Wouldn't it have been better to give the new ruleset a new name instead of messing up all the existing stuff?

esmdev
February 27th, 2019, 00:19
Hi. Bouncing through ETU and noticed that one of the Archetypes (Gamer) is listed as Novice, should be Freshmen. Haven't found anything else yet, looks great! :)

Moon Wizard
February 27th, 2019, 00:26
@hereunder,

It was a decision that was a compromise between providing new features and maintainability.

There are only a few extensions that should be affected (including DOE), since most of the popular SW ones are built-in now.

Regards,
JPG

mghauber
February 28th, 2019, 01:26

Thank You Trenloe... You super smart guy!!!! hahaha

YamaShintaku
February 28th, 2019, 14:50
Thanks for this AWESOME module, ruleset, or whatever you call it! It is fantastic!! I am new to all of this, so I might be missing something, but in the FG SWADE ruleset, when I select a few armor options, the Armor value seems to be off. E.g. Thick Leather Cap has an Armor value of 6 and a Chain Mail Shirt has an Armor of 8. Both of these are higher than Plate Mail and seemed off to me... I noticed I can simply edit the Armor value in the character's inventory tab and fix it, so it isn't a huge issue, but just wanted to point it out.

rodney418
February 28th, 2019, 15:13
Great work. Small but important bug: Chain Mail shirts should be armor 3, currently they are armor 8! That's some tough mail :-)

it would also be nice to someday get an update to the graphics too - this thing still looks archaic...

rodney418
February 28th, 2019, 19:34
More small bugs I think:

In the Effects section there's a listing for Shield, Large, but nothing for Shield Medium or Small. Also the values for the Large shield don't seem to be correct.
Also in the Effects section I am seeing two different listings for Wild Attack

Ikael
February 28th, 2019, 20:26
More small bugs I think:

In the Effects section there's a listing for Shield, Large, but nothing for Shield Medium or Small. Also the values for the Large shield don't seem to be correct.
Also in the Effects section I am seeing two different listings for Wild Attack

Are you using SavageWorlds or SWD ruleset? There are no Shields listed in Effect list anymore for SWADE. Is this campaign that you converted from SWD to SWADE? If so they are remnant from SWD times. This includes Wild Attack case as well.

Ikael
February 28th, 2019, 20:28
Thick Leather Cap has an Armor value of 6 and a Chain Mail Shirt has an Armor of 8.

They were mastercrafted, but I nerfed them now :) Values are corrected for upcoming update.

Ikael
February 28th, 2019, 20:34
it would also be nice to someday get an update to the graphics too - this thing still looks archaic...

New SWADE theme is planned. PEG has provided me awesome graphics that would make amazing theme! I decided to release SWADE without the theme first but when it is done, it will be available if you have purchased SWADE.

rodney418
February 28th, 2019, 21:02
Yeah, it's a converted campaign. What should be the correct setting for Wild Attack, or should it not be there at all any more?

I figured out the new shield mechanics - much better!

rodney418
February 28th, 2019, 21:03
New SWADE theme is planned. PEG has provided me awesome graphics that would make amazing theme! I decided to release SWADE without the theme first but when it is done, it will be available if you have purchased SWADE.

Fantastic! You are doing an amazing job sir!

Sgain
February 28th, 2019, 21:36
is there somewhere we can post errors? Last night in my fantasy game I noticed that chain shirts now have +8 armor! Boy was that player pleased...

Meliath1742
March 1st, 2019, 15:22
Great job Ikael!

StoryWeaver
March 1st, 2019, 21:13
The new SWADE book is looking fantastic, great job on it and its formatting and layout! Same goes with for the overall ruleset changes and data entries that go with SWADE.

ps. Look forward to seeing what the theme will be like whenever that is done.

Valyar
March 1st, 2019, 22:33
I think the cover could have been much better and eye catching...

Eru the One
March 1st, 2019, 23:06
I think the cover could have been much better and eye catching...

Compared to EE and Deluxe I think SWADE's is better :)

esmdev
March 3rd, 2019, 22:03
So we were running a test encounter on a battle map.

We were using facing indicators = on.

As the Dean I was able to change the facing of any token on the map, however the player's couldn't change facing for any token, even their own. Is this by design or is it a bug?

Eru the One
March 3rd, 2019, 23:12
Do you have Lock Tokens enabled? I believe clients can't rotate with that enabled.

esmdev
March 3rd, 2019, 23:55
Do you have Lock Tokens enabled? I believe clients can't rotate with that enabled.

That fixed it! Thanks. :)

Valyar
March 7th, 2019, 13:48
When usning the non-swade ruleset the Dice Tower stopped working. I use "Show GM Rolls" and sometimes I hide the rolls via the Dice Tower. It no longer works.

YamaShintaku
March 7th, 2019, 20:05
Hi,

We have a PC with the Hindrance of small, which I believe should be -2 modifier, but it is listing the modifier as "Very Small" and giving a -4 modifier. I double checked something else wasn't set, by removing the Hindrance and all modifiers went away.

Along the same lines, I noticed that when the small character is using a throwing weapon (dagger), the modifier gives her a bonus... I can understand why it would be a minus for being thrown at, but not sure why it would be a plus from the small person doing the throwing... Is this correct?

Thanks for the awesome module!

rob2e
March 8th, 2019, 17:45
If you upgraded a campaign to SWADE, how do you GO BACK?

YamaShintaku
March 8th, 2019, 18:09
If you upgraded a campaign to SWADE, how do you GO BACK?

This from Moon Wizard: If you write to [email protected]; the developer just gave us an extension you can enable to switch your campaign to SWD (Savage Worlds Deluxe Edition) again.

Valyar
March 8th, 2019, 23:33
The Dice Tower does not work in SW Adventure & Deluxe ruleset. None of the rolls I make in the tower are hidden.

edem
March 9th, 2019, 09:06
The Dice Tower does not work in SW Adventure & Deluxe ruleset. None of the rolls I make in the tower are hidden.

I have just tested this in SWADE and the dice tower worked fine (tried "vanilla" and with DLR loaded too). Do you have any extensions enabled?
Update: also tested in vanilla Deluxe, and it works fine. I've tested both with Show GM rolls on and off, in all three ways.

YamaShintaku
March 9th, 2019, 20:43
I have just tested this in SWADE and the dice tower worked fine (tried "vanilla" and with DLR loaded too). Do you have any extensions enabled?
Update: also tested in vanilla Deluxe, and it works fine. I've tested both with Show GM rolls on and off, in all three ways.

me too. All worked as expected.

YamaShintaku
March 9th, 2019, 20:53
Hey @Ikael,

I think the Rapier melee weapon might have an incorrect Parry (+2) in the FG SWADE module. In the core rulebook, it is Parry +1.

-V

Valyar
March 10th, 2019, 08:50
Regarding the dice tower (valid for Savage Worlds Adventure & Deluxe rulesets, no extensions loaded):
1. Desktop dice are not hidden anymore when dropped in the tower.
2. Dice Tower does not light up when you drag a roll from NPC sheet, combat tracker or character sheet.

The first is problem, the second minor annoyance.

edem
March 10th, 2019, 08:59
Regarding the dice tower (valid for Savage Worlds Adventure & Deluxe rulesets, no extensions loaded):
1. Desktop dice are not hidden anymore when dropped in the tower.
2. Dice Tower does not light up when you drag a roll from NPC sheet, combat tracker or character sheet.

The first is problem, the second minor annoyance.

The second is the "reason" for the first. Have you tried disabling any extensions? Is there any window close to the tower? Is the tower in its original position? Have you tried to move it? (Is it locked in position?)
I would try these first, or create a vanilla new campaign, and connect to it with a second instance and test if it works there.

Valyar
March 10th, 2019, 18:59
As I stated - there are no extensions. I know how to test bugs and what I report is done on clean campaign.

vvZODvv
March 10th, 2019, 19:18
I also selected "No" to upgrade to SWADE as I am in the middle of a campaign and it overwrote things. I seemed to have fixed most of it by following Trenloe's suggestion in post #17, but Dulux-Ox's Base and Sound extensions are no longer working (nor available to select on the campaign launch screen).

How can I get the DOE extensions working again with SWD?

mac40k
March 11th, 2019, 14:30
I also selected "No" to upgrade to SWADE as I am in the middle of a campaign and it overwrote things. I seemed to have fixed most of it by following Trenloe's suggestion in post #17, but Dulux-Ox's Base and Sound extensions are no longer working (nor available to select on the campaign launch screen).

How can I get the DOE extensions working again with SWD?

I have the same problem with DOE Sounds not working. I asked both in the DOE Sounds thread, which didn't get a response. I unpacked and altered the .xml files to add SWD as a valid ruleset, but this didn't resolved the problem. When I asked on the FG Discord I was informed that all of the campaign data, including any links will be stored in the db.xml file inside of your campaign folder, but if you have modified the extension, there is no guarantee that your edits will work properly. I unfortunately lack the knowledge to hack the db.xml file without more specific guidance, so I restored the extensions to the latest available version (sans my edits) and upgraded my campaign to SWADE. I still have nothing but a blank screen in the Sounds dialog box. I also created a new campaign in SWADE with the same results, so I'm thinking that Delux-Oz will need to update DOE Base and/or DOE Sound to work with the new ruleset. I know he had surgery recently, so I'm not sure when we can expect an update.
This is very frustrating because I spent a lot of money purchasing sound sets for Syrinscape, had all the weapons triggering sounds when used and furthermore have several adventures already created with additional sound links in the Story entries that no longer work. I'm doing me best to grin and bear it, but hope the situation gets resolved soon.

Sgain
March 11th, 2019, 19:36
You might need to update your versions of DOE: Base Extension (v3.2.1) and DOE: Sound Extension (v4.2.2) because my chatsounds work fine. Make sure sounds are turned on in the options tab - it may have reset after the update, I've had that happen before.

Trenloe
March 11th, 2019, 19:45
I have the same problem with DOE Sounds not working. I asked both in the DOE Sounds thread, which didn't get a response. I unpacked and altered the .xml files to add SWD as a valid ruleset, but this didn't resolved the problem. When I asked on the FG Discord I was informed that all of the campaign data, including any links will be stored in the db.xml file inside of your campaign folder, but if you have modified the extension, there is no guarantee that your edits will work properly. I unfortunately lack the knowledge to hack the db.xml file without more specific guidance, so I restored the extensions to the latest available version (sans my edits) and upgraded my campaign to SWADE. I still have nothing but a blank screen in the Sounds dialog box. I also created a new campaign in SWADE with the same results, so I'm thinking that Delux-Oz will need to update DOE Base and/or DOE Sound to work with the new ruleset. I know he had surgery recently, so I'm not sure when we can expect an update.
In the DOE extensions you can't see, add a ruleset tag in extension.xml for SWD

vvZODvv
March 11th, 2019, 19:48
I have the most recent versions for both DOE extensions, but the sound options isn't even available anymore in the Options Tab. How can this be fixed?

Would that be the reason the DOE extension options aren't showing on the campaign log-in screen?

mac40k
March 12th, 2019, 12:15
Doh! I missed the part where the latest version was no longer obtained via FG-Community-Devs/FG-REM-Repo so didn't have DOE:Sound 4.2.2. After downloading it, my sounds are back.

YamaShintaku
March 12th, 2019, 23:12
Perhaps I do not know how to properly create a magical item, so forgive me if I'm simply making a mistake.

I make it by adding the +1 into the field right below "Fumble." I simply add [Fighting +1, Melee Damage +1] into the field. I'm not sure what that field is, but I see some weapons with a Parry modifier use that field, so I snuck it in there... This seems to work fine when I add the weapon to an NPC. But, if I add it to a PC then the modifiers are not added.

Also, here's an oddity... When I have a magical +1 melee weapon (see attached image) on my NPC, the rest of the melee weapons all become +1 as well. Any idea why that would be?

YamaShintaku
March 13th, 2019, 16:49
Perhaps I do not know how to properly create a magical item, so forgive me if I'm simply making a mistake.

I make it by adding the +1 into the field right below "Fumble." I simply add [Fighting +1, Melee Damage +1] into the field. I'm not sure what that field is, but I see some weapons with a Parry modifier use that field, so I snuck it in there... This seems to work fine when I add the weapon to an NPC. But, if I add it to a PC then the modifiers are not added.

Also, here's an oddity... When I have a magical +1 melee weapon (see attached image) on my NPC, the rest of the melee weapons all become +1 as well. Any idea why that would be?

hmmm. I sort of figured this one out through trial and error. It looks like the field below "Fumble" is for Effects. Therefore, when the PC equips the item, it works. In order to not have the effect, they need to unequip it. For NPC, there is no equip option, so it is always on. This will work great, I just need folks to remember to equip the correct weapon for proper effect usage.

Thanks again for this fantastic ruleset module!! It rocks!!!

twistedtechmike
March 14th, 2019, 11:58
Ikael, I just want to say thank you for the substantial improvement in Savage Worlds automation! Its awesome!

That being said, there are a couple of questions/features I want to mention:

1. Would it be possible to automate the damage effects of the Brute edge?
2. Equipped shields, with effects loaded, only work vs NPCs and NOT vs PCs. Can this be updated to work vs either?
3. Can we add the ability for players to create/add/update/delete effects to themselves in the CT? Currently, it seems only the GM can create and manage effects, even if we add existing to our own characters.

Thanks again!

Eru the One
March 14th, 2019, 22:22
Ikael, I just want to say thank you for the substantial improvement in Savage Worlds automation! Its awesome!

That being said, there are a couple of questions/features I want to mention:

1. Would it be possible to automate the damage effects of the Brute edge?
2. Equipped shields, with effects loaded, only work vs NPCs and NOT vs PCs. Can this be updated to work vs either?
3. Can we add the ability for players to create/add/update/delete effects to themselves in the CT? Currently, it seems only the GM can create and manage effects, even if we add existing to our own characters.

Thanks again!

My campaigns are not having this issue. You don't need to make an effect on the CT anymore, just the item.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26716&d=1552598457

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26717&d=1552598461

You might need to re-drop the items if they don't have [Parry +1] already.

twistedtechmike
March 15th, 2019, 19:09
It works vs NPC/Monsters just like you've shown. Are you seeing these results for player attacking player @EruTheOne?

Eru the One
March 16th, 2019, 13:19
Yeah, that attack line was one PC attacking another.

Solden
March 17th, 2019, 08:41
Guys, are you also having problems with extensions in V4 (SWD)?

For some reason, extensions like Sound, DOE Base, DOE Weather, DOE OLE and the Themes Brown and Gray are missing when I try to create a new SWD campaign. They are all available for SWADE though.

I've checked the data folder and they are all in the proper folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

mac40k
March 17th, 2019, 12:18
Guys, are you also having problems with extensions in V4 (SWD)?

For some reason, extensions like Sound, DOE Base, DOE Weather, DOE OLE and the Themes Brown and Gray are missing when I try to create a new SWD campaign. They are all available for SWADE though.

I've checked the data folder and they are all in the proper folders.

Am I doing something wrong?

Had the same problem. None of those extensions have SWD listed as a valid ruleset, which is why they don't show up in the list. I tried manually adjusting the xml per another's suggestion to add it, but it didn't work as hoped, but I may have done something wrong since I'm no xml guru. You'll most likely have to do without until the various extension authors update them if you must run SWD. However, I'd recommend starting any new campaign in SWADE anyway since it is the future and (IMO) a better ruleset.

Alan Meranda
March 18th, 2019, 09:41
Had a complication in my SW FG game last night.

My friend did the Upgrade before joining the table. He is using a Mac.

Maybe an hour into gaming, his mouse froze up in FG. Worked fine outside of FG. He re-booted and his FG would not load completely. He reinstalled the FG software. It finally reloaded. Thirty minutes later, same circumstance.

He felt it might be something to do with Google Chrome. any thoughts on this?

vvZODvv
March 18th, 2019, 16:04
Had the same problem. None of those extensions have SWD listed as a valid ruleset, which is why they don't show up in the list. I tried manually adjusting the xml per another's suggestion to add it, but it didn't work as hoped, but I may have done something wrong since I'm no xml guru. You'll most likely have to do without until the various extension authors update them if you must run SWD. However, I'd recommend starting any new campaign in SWADE anyway since it is the future and (IMO) a better ruleset.

This seems to be correct in this case. In the DOE Sound extension thread Dulux-Oz indicated he would need to extension to include the SWD ruleset (I'm assuming he is aware of the split between Savage Worlds and SWD).

Zetesofos
March 19th, 2019, 01:08
Just wanted to chime in - I downloaded a space theme I was hoping to use, but it appears to not be available for the SavageWorlds Ruleset (but I can clearly see it when I tab over the the D&D ones).

Solden
March 20th, 2019, 07:02

That's an option. However, the problem is I'm one of the 5 people in the world who didn't like SWADE =( I'd rather stay with the deluxe edition and I also have an entire campaign based on the deluxe version. I did an update today and now the themes have been included. I hope the other extensions, especially the Sound extension can be included soon.

edem
March 20th, 2019, 09:09
That's an option. However, the problem is I'm one of the 5 people in the world who didn't like SWADE =( .

I've also found that for now it's way simpler to run a DLR campaign with SWD than SWADE (even though I love the changes), especially until the official update documents come out and maybe (hopefully) the DLR modules will be updated with them.

Reynard203
March 28th, 2019, 04:17
I may have discovered a bug with the ganging up modifiers tonight: even after enemies were defeated the ganging up modifies remained automatically incorporated. We thought maybe it was because we were using the defeated enemy token (the blood splatter) but did not have an opportunity to test it.

YamaShintaku
March 28th, 2019, 12:31
I may have discovered a bug with the ganging up modifiers tonight: even after enemies were defeated the ganging up modifies remained automatically incorporated. We thought maybe it was because we were using the defeated enemy token (the blood splatter) but did not have an opportunity to test it.

The same exact thing happened to my party last night.

esmdev
March 28th, 2019, 20:35
One work around I found is to switch defeated foes to the neutral faction, which obviously won't work if neutral is also a foe, but does for two faction combat. Seems to work well enough until a real fix comes along. I do this when I see incapacitation in the tracker but before I apply the damage. If for some reason the foe gets back up then just switch back to red and should go back to counting.

twistedtechmike
April 1st, 2019, 11:53
As mentioned in another thread, Weird Science seems to be handling Power Points differently than other Backgrounds in SWADE, but the ruleset appears to show Weird Science now works like all other ABs.

esmdev
April 1st, 2019, 12:59
As mentioned in another thread, Weird Science seems to be handling Power Points differently than other Backgrounds in SWADE, but the ruleset appears to show Weird Science now works like all other ABs.

Reposted from PEG forum.

QuotedOriginally posted by amerigoV View Post
Power Points: The update to WS looks to me to expand the core approach. But the wording in the example gave me pause (if Hanz makes the roll, and pays he power point cost vs. the device (although the wording oddly indicates that if it fails there is no PP cost - I presume they would lose points as normal)). I just want to confirm what the FG rules are doing is taking the Core rules and allowing a player to split up their PPs for a Power among multiple devices.

Example:
A PC has Deflection and Bolt as powers. The PC has 20 PPs. The PC could make one Deflection Device and one Bolt Device, each with a 20 PPs pool. Or (for example) they could make 2 Deflection Devices with 10PPs each, and 4 Bolt Guns with 5 PPs each. Mainly, I just wanted to confirm that FG was NOT changing the core such that you have 20PPs that you can spread across all devices regardless of Powers.
Nope. It's just the AB as listed in Flash Gordon. So a starting character has 10 PPs and could divide those as they wish between their two powers. They could put all 10 into one or split them between the two and even between multiple devices using those two, but they don't get 10 PPs to split between devices for each power.

Developer Reply
So a character with Confusion and Healing could make a 3 PP Confusion Medium Burst Template "neuro-gas grenade," a larger 4 PP Confusion LBT grenade, and a 3 PP Healing pack. Or two Healing packs and a LBT Confusion. Or a single "neuro-dart gun" with 4 shots (single target Confusion) and two Healing packs. Or any combination. And if they have an hour to "tinker," they can switch their points around.

Hope that helps and clarifies.

https://www.pegforum.com/forum/savage-worlds/official-answers-on-savage-worlds-settings-rules/12158-fg-weird-sciencet

Technomorphic
April 1st, 2019, 13:40
Accidentally replied about this in the other thread instead of here, I'll copy what I wrote there:

The PEG thread is referring to Deluxe. Adventure Edition handles Weird Science the same way it does the other ABs, in regards to Power Points. A Weird Scientist no longer assigns his points into devices unless he takes the Artificer Edge. That means we need Current and Max Power Points entries like the other Backgrounds, but currently there is only Max.

edem
April 1st, 2019, 14:56
Accidentally replied about this in the other thread instead of here, I'll copy what I wrote there:

The PEG thread is referring to Deluxe. Adventure Edition handles Weird Science the same way it does the other ABs, in regards to Power Points. A Weird Scientist no longer assigns his points into devices unless he takes the Artificer Edge. That means we need Current and Max Power Points entries like the other Backgrounds, but currently there is only Max.
If this is implemented, is it possible to make it an option or something? Personally I prefer the original way of Weird Science over the new one, which feels like just a recolored AB (Magic)...

esmdev
April 1st, 2019, 14:58

Ah, I see. My only experience with Savage Worlds is running ETU and Weird Science isn't available at all in that setting so I've not really looked much at powers. I saw that and thought it would be helpful, didn't look at the date, probably should have.

Technomorphic
April 2nd, 2019, 12:30
I'm curious how the Effect line "[Ignore #Dim|#Dark]" for the Low Light Vision racial ability is meant to work. If you put the Dim or Dark illumination effect onto a character (via the CT) with it, the modifier still effects them.

I also tried testing the syntax by creating an ability on a PC that said [Ignore #Vulnerable] and put the Vulnerable effect on the PC via the CT. Not only did it not ignore the effect, it actually doubled up. It interpreted it as if the ability had just said [#Vulnerable]. (Which I tested afterwards, to the same result.)

Notably, the Dim and Dark effects are called "Illumination, Dim" and "Illumination, Dark" and cannot be called with hashtags. [#Dark] doesn't work, unless you create an effect just called "Dark". [#Illumination, Dark] doesn't work, I assume because of the comma.

YamaShintaku
April 25th, 2019, 19:40
One work around I found is to switch defeated foes to the neutral faction, which obviously won't work if neutral is also a foe, but does for two faction combat. Seems to work well enough until a real fix comes along. I do this when I see incapacitation in the tracker but before I apply the damage. If for some reason the foe gets back up then just switch back to red and should go back to counting.

Good idea. I'll give it a go next session! Thanks for the tip, because this bug gets annoying when there's lots of foes and such all mixed together with blood spots...

One thing we've been doing is AFTER noticing the issue, we drag fighting factions away from the blood spatter... This isn't as good (nor clean) an option/fix as your suggestion.

Skellan
April 28th, 2019, 09:54
The blood splats and gang up are working fine for me, so i am a bit confused. Are you removing the incapacitated npc with the little red button on the combat tracker?

YamaShintaku
April 28th, 2019, 15:37
The blood splats and gang up are working fine for me, so i am a bit confused. Are you removing the incapacitated npc with the little red button on the combat tracker?

No, I didn't know about the little red button... I will that today. I remove them by right clicking the NPC in combat tracker and selecting delete NPC. This removes them from the map, and leaves a blood splatter.

YamaShintaku
April 29th, 2019, 18:54

No, I didn't know about the little red button... I will that today. I remove them by right clicking the NPC in combat tracker and selecting delete NPC. This removes them from the map, and leaves a blood splatter.

That worked perfectly. I had no idea that the red "delete item" button appeared after someone becomes incapacitated, so I've always right clicked and selected delete. Thanks for the tip!!

Reynard203
May 1st, 2019, 01:08
That worked perfectly. I had no idea that the red "delete item" button appeared after someone becomes incapacitated, so I've always right clicked and selected delete. Thanks for the tip!!

It seems like you would want the gang up rules to recognize incapacitated enemies as well, regardless of whether they were actually "dead."

EDIT: I just did a test and taking the enemies out of the combat tracker with the "red button" does work. It does seem weird that the "Incapacitated" status doesn't actually do anything, not even removing the enemies from contributing to gang up.

YamaShintaku
May 4th, 2019, 04:51
This "dead dudes still gang-up" bug reared it's ugly head in our last session. I posted a video to share. Here's a timeline of what is happening in there:

A PC, Rocky, does a Sweep attack and kills six thugs. You will see me individually accepting (apply) the incapacitate, then I click the red button twice for each bad guy, which leaves a blood splatter. Our game continues for a while until another thug runs up and attacks Rocky. He gets a +4 gang up bonus even though there are no bad guys anywhere near them. BTW - The G token is just a marker for an illusion and not an NPC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx0ptq_1iEI

Skellan
May 4th, 2019, 12:23
I think I see what is happening. Try setting the bad guys as enemies. It is the little square box with a face in it - it is showing as green for friendlies - it should be red for baddies.

YamaShintaku
May 4th, 2019, 15:40
I think I see what is happening. Try setting the bad guys as enemies. It is the little square box with a face in it - it is showing as green for friendlies - it should be red for baddies.

Thanks! I think they are neutral (or whatever "blank" is), I will try setting them to enemy for our next session and see what happens.

Arion
May 5th, 2019, 21:29

I still cannot get the Blood Spatter to appear for a defeated enemy. The token just vanishes and that is that.

I have the Map: Defeated Markers option set to On, the NPC's i test have the Defeated Marker: Blood set there and whether i remove the person from the CT by right clicking or using the red button, no blood spatter.

Any ideas?

Skellan
May 5th, 2019, 23:19
I am not sure. Are you running any extensions? If so, try turning them all off.

Arion
May 5th, 2019, 23:24
I am not sure. Are you running any extensions? If so, try turning them all off.

No extensions. It is a "Test" campaign i set up fresh with nothing else running. I might try creating a new one again tomorrow to see if that helps.

Arion
May 6th, 2019, 10:35
No extensions. It is a "Test" campaign i set up fresh with nothing else running. I might try creating a new one again tomorrow to see if that helps.

No, still nothing.

Skellan
May 6th, 2019, 10:56
If you want to invite me to your server I'll take a look if you like

Skellan
May 6th, 2019, 10:58
Are you dragging the token from the combat tracker onto the map?

Arion
May 6th, 2019, 11:12
If you want to invite me to your server I'll take a look if you like

I am good for that now?

Arion
May 6th, 2019, 11:28
And sorted. Thank you Skellan for that!!

YamaShintaku
August 8th, 2019, 19:19
FYI - I noticed that the description of Improved Frenzy is the same as regular Frenzy in the SWADE ruleset on Fantasy Grounds. In the rulebook Improved Frenzy has a different description.

Ikael
August 8th, 2019, 19:27
FYI - I noticed that the description of Improved Frenzy is the same as regular Frenzy in the SWADE ruleset on Fantasy Grounds. In the rulebook Improved Frenzy has a different description.

Could you read the description again. There is one word difference, which reflects how it differs from the normal Frenzy. In the actual books improved Edges have text "The same as above, except X". This does not play that well when you have the each Edge as independent record where you do not reference "above" like in normal books. Because of this, many improved Edges contain the same text as normal Edge BUT have minor changes in them to reflect the more powerful abilities they grant. For instance in case of Frenzy and Improved Frenzy, the difference is word "two" instead of "one" :)

YamaShintaku
August 8th, 2019, 19:46
Could you read the description again. There is one word difference, which reflects how it differs from the normal Frenzy. In the actual books improved Edges have text "The same as above, except X". This does not play that well when you have the each Edge as independent record where you do not reference "above" like in normal books. Because of this, many improved Edges contain the same text as normal Edge BUT have minor changes in them to reflect the more powerful abilities they grant. For instance in case of Frenzy and Improved Frenzy, the difference is word "two" instead of "one" :)

Oh, I totally missed that. Thanks for the explanation and amazing module/extension thingy. SWADE is awesome in Fantasy Grounds and you are so responsive!

Cheers!

-Vaughn