PDA

View Full Version : SW Enhanced Library

Ikael
February 25th, 2019, 23:10
THIS EXTENSION IS DEPRECATED

...and replaced by new Module Maker extension, see

Module Maker Forge item (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1144/view)
Module Maker forum thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77403-Module-Maker)

---
Savage Worlds Enhanced Library (SWEL) is tool for creating SavageWorlds library modules.

You can either use the Fantasy Grounds UI to create the module in WYSIWYG-mode or you can use the SWEL markdown and content importer to create fully fledged library modules. This tool was used to create official SWADE rulebook modules.

Ask more how to use the tool from me in Fantasy Grounds Discord server!

FGU version is available in Forge, see https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/107/view

Quick demo how to use SWEL markdown

Download the extension and install it into your extensions folder
Launch SavageWorlds ruleset with Enhanced Library extension enabled
Download attached content_importer_sample_lorem_ipsum.txt file. Copy the whole content of the text file into your clipboard memory (CTRL+A and CTRL+C)
Use /importlib slash command in the Fantasy Grounds
New library module is created!

This thread is continue for the this closed thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19202-Savage-Worlds-Enhancement-Extensions).

Mortar
March 4th, 2019, 20:10
Well...

GunnarGreybeard
March 5th, 2019, 05:51
Well...

I got him for you.

Mortar
March 7th, 2019, 16:05
Thanks!!

Talen
August 10th, 2019, 11:53
Thank you for this tool Ikael!. I'm just starting to dig under the covers and found Mask of Winters earlier video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzmGaBgP1OY) on the tool which was helpful. Love the WYSIWYG creation of gear charts. I am lost on how to modify the reference manual however (the Author tool is my only successful experience to date in creating reference manuals). 2 questions.

1. Can I edit the reference manual without editing the content importer text or underlying xml?
2. How do I add pictures so that they appear in the rteference manual without truly understanding the xml code (again, Author is my only prior experience to date).

morgurth
November 10th, 2019, 14:50
Any chance of adding in a "header" blocktype with a string text type?

Talyn
November 10th, 2019, 19:20
Any chance of adding in a "header" blocktype with a string text type?

It's already there.

@@blocks.*.blocktype::header
@@blocks._.text::Blah Blah Blah

Mortar
November 19th, 2019, 20:45
Ikael, ran into this today. The little check box for Player Module needs to be shifted to the right slightly.

Pikup
November 23rd, 2019, 00:58
Do we expect this type of extension to work under the new Unity version? Was kicking around creating some VBA that would parse a document table into this format, but was not sure what the future is for this tool. Its an amazing tool btw. Thanks for your effort in developing it.

Pikup

Mortar
November 23rd, 2019, 03:37
Yes, it will work in the Unity client.

Slagmoth
November 26th, 2019, 22:21
I don't see races added into this book. Is there a shortcut for that? Looking to make my own for my setting, looks like this does everything I need except that.

Ellspeth
November 26th, 2019, 22:53
Easier to show than tell.

Slagmoth
November 26th, 2019, 23:44
Easier to show than tell.

Looks like I found the drop down. Thanks.

Slagmoth
November 30th, 2019, 20:23
So I have been playing around with this and it seems that combined with the NPC Generator it will save me a great deal of time... however one thing that is really starting to annoy me is wanting to get rid of things that have no place in my setting.

Item categories that don't belong like "Futuristic" anything. Is there a way to get rid of those. I can add all I want but can't seem to remove them.

Also, is there a way in SWADE FG to implement damage types and immunity/resistance akin to what D&D5E has?

StoryWeaver
December 8th, 2019, 04:13
This module is fantastic!

I've created a number of reference manual modules in various ways. But after trying this out tonight I have to say that this is by far the fastest way I've come across after figuring out the details of the markup.
And as the SWADE reference manual is one of the best looking and formatted ones out there, there seem to be few limits to what it can do.

I put together a short starting "core" guide. Might be a good idea to have something like that in addition to the demo file, by the first post. Sort of command reference manual. :)

Main structure of your document should be as follows:

============================================
#### Reference Manual :: This is My Reference Manual Name

--------------------------------------------
[[###Chapter Title/Name goes here
@@chapter::Chapter Name
@@subchapter::Subchapter Name

Some text content here. To make a paragraph in the reference manual,
make a paragraph in the text here to import.

Like this.
]]

[[###Chapter Two
@@chapter::My Main Chapter
@@subchapter::My Subchapter

This is my second chapters content. You can call the chapters and subchapters anything you want.

Anything with the same chapter name will be put under that foldable chapter heading.
Anything with the same subchapter name, will appear under that sub-chapter heading
under the chapter heading.

Chapters are displayed in order as per your document.

The [[ ]] brackets, tell the parser that it is the beginning and the end of that chapter entry.

The -------------------------------------------- does nothing, but is a good idea to keep
in the document to help readability. Making it easier to see where each chapter starts.
]]

Editing commands:

**bold**
//italic//
__underline__
##Title Text in the Content
--Bullet point
<<Name to Appear by Text Bubble::Text to output to chat when chat bubble pressed.>>

How to create reference manual in Fantasy Grounds:

1) Load the extension. (SW Enhanced Library from https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library)
2) Select and copy all the text you want to import.
2) Type '/importlib' and press Enter in the chat box. This will create the module from the copy text held in memory.
3) Edit the name and other details of the module by pressing the appropriate lines and typing them in. By the new module in the Library.

Doswelk
December 10th, 2019, 10:28
This is all built into the Enhanced library module already. I reference it all the time :)

kronovan
January 7th, 2020, 06:05
Forgive my n00bness if my questions are very obvious.

I'm guessing that since I need custom Races and custom Character Sheets for my campaign, this Enhanced Library import tool can only get me part of the way there?
And that I'm still faced with learning how to create/edit extensions?

Not too much of a problem if that's the case, as I have and are working through Jeff Redding's excellent tutorial. It's just that all the examples are based on CoreRPG, whereas I'd really like to learn by playing with SWADE tags/nodes - hope I got the correct terms there. Any chance there's a list of them somewhere?

k410
February 9th, 2020, 15:47
Fantastic! What a great idea. I am just starting to explore some campaign settings that have their own stuff to be added to the SW base, and this will be very useful.

rgk13
February 25th, 2020, 01:12
Hi, Anyone know what the savage worlds expression would be for multiplication? example 2d4 x 10... IF there is one? Thx

Dandersonjr32
March 21st, 2020, 23:02
Hey everyone,

My continuing journey into noobness with FG, I'm trying to get these extensions to work because it would be a part of my experience. I followed all the instructions and put the .ext file in the extensions folder. When I fire up FG (5.1) it doesn't show as an extension. Do I have to do something to enable it?

I've attached a couple screen shots to show what I've been doing.

Dandersonjr32
March 21st, 2020, 23:03
Any help would be appreciated.

Ikael
March 21st, 2020, 23:20
Hey everyone,

My continuing journey into noobness with FG, I'm trying to get these extensions to work because it would be a part of my experience. I followed all the instructions and put the .ext file in the extensions folder. When I fire up FG (5.1) it doesn't show as an extension. Do I have to do something to enable it?

I've attached a couple screen shots to show what I've been doing.

In general this looked ok setup but your Fantasy Grounds appData directory does not look ok. Have you done tweaks where the FG AppData directory is because by default it does not exist there. Easiest way to detect your AppData folder is to start FG in launcher and clicking the folder icon on top right side of the view. There you should have ruleset, modules and extensions folders that are used to load these resources.

Mortar
March 21st, 2020, 23:25
Definitely in the wrong location. The Savage Suzerain and Savage Mojo visible on the launcher aren't in the folder that you are showing for your extensions. You'll need to move that Fate extension if you want to use it as well.

Dandersonjr32
March 22nd, 2020, 00:04
You have any idea how much you guys rule? Ikael and Mortar, you're both right. I fixed with a simple click. I didn't even see that little folder on the upper right. Moved, restarted, fixed!

Now to figure out how to use it. My buddy Eric L put up a video about it. I'm going to give that a good watch. Thanks!

I downloaded the other extension, (Contacts, Global Effects, Roll Statistics, NPC Maker) as well. I gots learnin ta do.

Ikael
March 22nd, 2020, 00:17
You have any idea how much you guys rule? Ikael and Mortar, you're both right. I fixed with a simple click. I didn't even see that little folder on the upper right. Moved, restarted, fixed!

Now to figure out how to use it. My buddy Eric L put up a video about it. I'm going to give that a good watch. Thanks!

I downloaded the other extension, (Contacts, Global Effects, Roll Statistics, NPC Maker) as well. I gots learnin ta do.

Savage Worlds Enhanced Library (SWEL) allows you to create library content. Savage Worlds NPC Maker allows you to generate NPCs from text sources. However you can combine power of them both in making modules. I have used them both to make official SWADE modules.

Dandersonjr32
March 22nd, 2020, 19:54
Quick question. Playing with the Enhanced Library utility here, and I'd like to edit a library that I've already created and exported. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks.

mac40k
March 23rd, 2020, 16:30
Quick question. Playing with the Enhanced Library utility here, and I'd like to edit a library that I've already created and exported. Is there anyway to do that?

Thanks.

If you mean a module. Just open the campaign you created it in, make changes, re-export. Best practices in case you weren't aware of it is to create module(s) in their own separate campaign that you don't have players connect to, then start a separate campaign that uses the module(s) you created to play in. This keeps changes made in game from getting into your module by mistake by maintaining a separate dev campaign.

Talyn
March 23rd, 2020, 16:32
Quick question. Playing with the Enhanced Library utility here, and I'd like to edit a library that I've already created and exported. Is there any way to do that?

If you mean created stuff within the UI, then just load back into your creation campaign, make the changes, then re-export.

If you mean created stuff using the SWEL markdown, then make the changes in your markdown file, paste into the content importer then export.

Xeonen
March 30th, 2020, 15:06
Hello,

First of all, thanks for the awesome tool! I'm having a bit of problem using it, when I try to create a blank module and add parts to it, upper section of the list gets cut out. I can not seem to be reach anything above Campaing: Battles (Random). I'm attaching an image of the situation.

Dandersonjr32
April 3rd, 2020, 21:53
I've started working on my upcoming Tyrnador campaign for SWADE on FG. I want to import most of the stuff from the Tyrnador PG & DMG. I've got the Enhanced Library all fired up and ready to start importing all of the gear.

I started GEAR lists for all the different types, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the gear in there. I have my lists all ready to go, now how do I get gear into them.

I'm sure it's really simple and I'm just missing it.

Thanks in advance.

qdwag
April 6th, 2020, 14:14
Does anyone know how I can use this template to write up and import story modules?

Panzermeyer
April 16th, 2020, 20:54
Greetings all,

I have a question about Module creation.
It seems from my digging around that if I use the content importer and add library items for like skills and hindrances, or even use the SWEL to import skills and such, that it does not actually add these skills to the skill tab on the right had side. That those also need to be added separately.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Ikael
April 16th, 2020, 20:56
Greetings all,

I have a question about Module creation.
It seems from my digging around that if I use the content importer and add library items for like skills and hindrances, or even use the SWEL to import skills and such, that it does not actually add these skills to the skill tab on the right had side. That those also need to be added separately.

Is this correct or am I missing something?

Records will only appear to sidebar after you have exported the created module.

Panzermeyer
April 16th, 2020, 21:01
But I added them to a module exported the module. However they are still not showing up on the right hand side.

Panzermeyer
April 16th, 2020, 21:34
I am hoping that by using the content importer and then the Enhanced Library to add things into the Library pane that they will then show up in the various tabs on the screen for the module when I export it and then load that new module. Is that not quite how this works?

Ikael
April 16th, 2020, 23:34
That's how it works. For instance SWADE rulebook modules were created with with SWEL. Everything that you find in SWADE is what you can get with SWEL.

Tommycore
April 17th, 2020, 03:28
I tried adding a Gear: Cyberware page, and was able to get such a list, but I'm unable to view it after exporting/importing. Even though other stuff like weapons work. Do I need the SciFi Companion, or is there some way to activate Cyberware that I have to do first?

Edit: I mean I don't see a Cyberware category in the sidebar. And I found nothing in the items menu.

Ikael
April 17th, 2020, 05:11
I tried adding a Gear: Cyberware page, and was able to get such a list, but I'm unable to view it after exporting/importing. Even though other stuff like weapons work. Do I need the SciFi Companion, or is there some way to activate Cyberware that I have to do first?

Edit: I mean I don't see a Cyberware category in the sidebar. And I found nothing in the items menu.

You are correct.

Core ruleset support cyberware records itself but does not have implementation for list or way for characters to equip them. You need to have Science Fiction Companion to have full support.

Tommycore
April 17th, 2020, 12:24
Ah, that explains that. So the SciFi-Companion unlocks Cyberware, Super Power Companion unlocks HQs, and the adventure deck unlocks... well, the adventure deck, obviously. Is there anything else that offers new functionality? Or is the rest "just" new content?

Also - Mad respect on how flexible you made the system. I was really afraid I'd have to dig deep in order to cull out things that I don't want for my setting, until I saw your post about the SW API. That makes my life SO much easier. I can just unregister everything to a bare minimum of content, and add it back in bit by bit, as my group and I learn the rules. Love it. Both as a GM and Coder - This is a piece of art, and I admire your work.

deepdivered
April 19th, 2020, 22:59
how do i include images in the text i add? i added a race and i want an image of it in there like it already does in the purchased 50 fathoms

Idar12
April 20th, 2020, 15:22
I have been attempting to create a few modules now for a couple of different games, and I keep encountering this error sooner than later: Script execution error: [string "scripts/new_library_module_export.lua"]:878: attempt to index a nil value.

I am using Fantasy Grounds Unity and everything is the most updated.
In this module, I have created some powers, a few armor pieces, a couple of ranged weapons. I am not too sure where to go from here.

Talyn
April 20th, 2020, 15:35
I am using Fantasy Grounds Unity and everything is the most updated. I am not too sure where to go from here.

SWEL is NOT approved for use in FGU yet. Unity breaks several things, as you're noticing.

Idar12
April 20th, 2020, 16:25
That makes sense.

Is it possible to create the module using FG classic and then loading it in FGU?

Mortar
April 20th, 2020, 16:32
Yes it is.

Ikael
April 21st, 2020, 19:53
New version is available!

This update makes the extension compatible with newest SavageWorlds v5.2

Tommycore
April 21st, 2020, 22:35
Woohoo. Just saw the huge update. I'm excited to see what's new =D

Teotimus
July 15th, 2020, 16:19
First and foremost, thanks a bunch to Ikael for this amazing extension. I have been playing with it and I'm amazed at how flexible and complete it is. However, I got stuck with a couple problems when I started playing with the Importer (understandably, since I'm a total noob with it).

Edit: Nevermind, I found the "Import pages from Importer" button, that solved most of my problems. However, I'm having a strange problem with Gear pages in SWEL. When exporting a module with several separate pages of the same type of Gear, the exported module lists them all in a single window. See enclosed screenshots. Any idea of how this could be solved, please?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Doswelk
July 22nd, 2020, 08:29
FG will display all items with same catname in the same table.

Teotimus
July 22nd, 2020, 18:10
FG will display all items with same catname in the same table.

Nice, thanks for claryfing. I'll have to change the catname for the items to separate them.

kneverwinterknight
July 23rd, 2020, 13:04
Hi,

I don't know if this really has an impact on anything, but I get the following error whenever I load a campaign in FGU. I am running on MacOS Catalina version 10.15.5 and updated my FGU yesterday.

dstuffle
August 12th, 2020, 17:56
Has anyone else encountered an issue with powers that have mods?
I created a Mod that has new powers (some with modifications), but when I export it and open it in a different campaign, the powers in that grouping all show up empty.

I experimented with it further and it seems the cause of the issue is having a group named "Seasoned" that you add powers to.

Using Enhanced Library v1.6, SWADE v5.2.6, and FG-Classic

Hayt
August 19th, 2020, 09:01
The Enhanced Library module generates this error in the new version of Fantasy Grounds [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sourcefont). [SW Enhanced Library_v1.60] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]. Is there a fix for this?

Ikael
August 19th, 2020, 09:07
The Enhanced Library module generates this error in the new version of Fantasy Grounds [<color="red">ERROR</color>] font: Missing TTF tag for font (sourcefont). [SW Enhanced Library_v1.60] [graphics/graphics_fonts.xml]. Is there a fix for this?

SWEL is not compatible with FGU yet. I have update the extension for my personal use but no plans yet when it is released for public.

Savage Riggs
August 27th, 2020, 23:59
First of all, thank you so much to Ikael for all your hard work. It's very much appreciated, and I don't take it for granted.

I am having a problem with the extension recently which I'm hoping someone can help with. I get the following error in both FG Classic and FG Unity with the latest version of the extension when attempting to load a campaign with a modele I've previously been working on.

Script Error: [string "library_booklistentry"]:1: bad argument #-1 to 'getModuleInfo' (string expected, got nil)

All these are campaigns which I use exclusively to work on a module and previously worked fine. Unfortunately I no longer have the second-last version of the extension (which worked fine for me with Classic at least) and I'm kicking myself now for deleting it before checking the new version worked. I do still have a v1.32 which loads up without giving me that error, so I know it has something to do with the latest version. Is there a fix for this I can implement?

Thanks in advance for any help you might be able to give!

EDIT: Never mind. I figured it out and it was a dumb mistake. I just forgot to re-enable the new version in the extensions list on the launch screen. My bad!

Slagmoth
August 28th, 2020, 04:44
Just got the latest version and now my import of the NPCs is working however it would appear that if I do another import it doesn't do a merge but rather an append to the existing list.

Don't suppose there could be an option added to upsert if desired? Not sure how LUA handles that only just recently started looking into the language.

Reason I ask is that I added all my NPCs then realized I had to go through and update all the Keywords to include the damage types I wanted... or should I be updating from the list directly perhaps?

Slagmoth
August 30th, 2020, 04:48
So something weird happened when I was using SWEL today to play with making a reference book for my custom setting.

I exported the library generated when using the lipsem template and now "Testing" shows up in my SW Library... but it does NOT show in my "modules" folder so now I can't get rid of it. Any suggestions?
I have restarted as well on the off chance it is the Win10 directory's issue.

Sgain
September 17th, 2020, 20:09
OK I guess I'm really dense, because I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to add an image to my Reference Manual. All the instructions say is ":Image is missing because it cannot be added programmatically". Which doesn't explain anything to me at all.
Is there someone who can just post a section from their reference manual with an image in it that I can see?
Thanks.

Doswelk
September 18th, 2020, 22:36
OK I guess I'm really dense, because I cannot for the life of me, figure out how to add an image to my Reference Manual. All the instructions say is ":Image is missing because it cannot be added programmatically". Which doesn't explain anything to me at all.
Is there someone who can just post a section from their reference manual with an image in it that I can see?
Thanks.

https://youtu.be/AeHDsC-qNgw?t=2092

This was me adding a cover to reference manual for Flash Gordon.

Sgain
September 19th, 2020, 00:33
I figured out how to use the link and record functions of the SW library to find the right paths/information so that I can put images into my reference manual. I figured it out after watching Doswelk editing his stuff for about 2 hours.
Thanks for the help Doswelk!

Sgain
September 26th, 2020, 00:17
How do I export my reference manual so that it can be attached to my campaign? Or even so that I can get it in another adventure? All I get when I use As Module is a blank module (which I can edit), but is it exportable? I don't seem to be able to do that.
Oh and this is for FGU.

YggBjorn
September 26th, 2020, 03:35
I have only created modules in FGC so I can use them in FGC or FGU so I may be telling you wrong, however if it works anything like it does in FGC:

Click on the little brown circle with a white forward slash in it that is near the bottom of the left window of the Library window. If you hover over the little brown circle the tooltip says 'Edit List'
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39716&stc=1&d=1601087437

That will add a blue circle with a white arrow pointing down, next to your reference manual. The tooltip for that says 'Export Library Module'
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39717&stc=1&d=1601087446

Add the information for the name of the file, an image location (optional), and author name (optional). Then you can click if you want it to be read-only and/or accessible to players by default. However that is for FGC, YMMV.

YggBjorn
September 27th, 2020, 22:01
I use Notepad++ for creating the Reference Manual and looking at the Lorem Ipsum import txt file to get the proper syntax. It would be nice for it to be color coded. Is there a common or uncommon syntax that the Enhanced Library uses? If not has someone created a Language and Style config for Notepad++? Is there a better editor? I could create my own color coding syntax I suppose but it would help me out if someone already has created one.

Ikael
September 27th, 2020, 22:08
I use Notepad++ for creating the Reference Manual and looking at the Lorem Ipsum import txt file to get the proper syntax. It would be nice for it to be color coded. Is there a common or uncommon syntax that the Enhanced Library uses? If not has someone created a Language and Style config for Notepad++? Is there a better editor? I could create my own color coding syntax I suppose but it would help me out if someone already has created one.

I have created syntax highlight for Sublime Text 3. Notepad++ was not good for my personal purposes so I didn't want to do the syntax there.

YggBjorn
September 27th, 2020, 22:48
Downloaded and installed Sublime 3. I installed 'Package Control' and 'PackageDev'.
Is there a predefined syntax file that you would be kind enough to share?

Talyn
September 28th, 2020, 04:58
For Notepad++ and VS Code you can select language YAML and/or rename your source file with a .yml extension rather than .txt for some color coding. It's not perfect, as SWEL is not actual YAML, but it's something to work with for free. If you use Sublime then I'd highly suggest Ikael's syntax highlighting.

YggBjorn
September 28th, 2020, 05:17
Where can I find Ikael's syntax highlighting?

Ikael
September 28th, 2020, 19:32
Here is the syntax definition

In Sublime Text 3,

Tools -> Developer -> New Syntaxt
Paste the content of the attached file into the file opened for you, and save it with name SWEL.sublime-syntax

After that when you have SWEL Markdown file open, from bottom right corner, click the syntaxt and select SWEL

YggBjorn
September 28th, 2020, 21:02
Thank you!

That is perfect! Easy on the eyes and the color choices really pop. That helps immensely!

Sgain
September 28th, 2020, 21:41
Any chance we'll see an update to this module? It seems to load really slow in FGU.

YggBjorn
September 28th, 2020, 22:46
Check post #53 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library&p=535510&viewfull=1#post535510) in this very thread.

Sgain
September 29th, 2020, 01:19
Yep, read it, and that was over a month ago. There's been loads of updates for FGU and it would be nice if we could get some updates for our favorite modules and extensions. I understand Ikael is busy, but if he's already got it updated why not just fire it out?

Sgain
September 30th, 2020, 18:16
So here's a problem I just ran into. When I create a reference manual it generates its own images - so when I load it and my module in a game the reference manuals modules don't sync up with maps/images/story of the module.
Do I have to tag all the images/story to the module name before exporting the reference module?
This is a huge problem.

Talyn
September 30th, 2020, 18:43
From my understanding, you need to first have all the images dropped into the Images window on the sidebar in order for SWEL to use them in both the Preview and the export. I don't do my projects this way because I nearly always have images display in my reference manuals that I do not want in the master Images index. (That's for Classic anyway; last I heard Ikael say anything about Unity, neither SWADE nor SWEL was working there until some specific documentation was provided. So, use SWEL with FGU at your own risk.)

Sgain
September 30th, 2020, 19:42
That's what I did - I used the images from my images folder, then created the reference module and exported it. Then created a module for the campaign and exported that.
When I open the reference manual it looks fine - but when you click on any pins or other linked images - it creates a new reference for them. It also creates its own images folder.
Dang. And yep, I'm using FGU cause why bother to spend 100+ hours writing/editing something for classic?

YggBjorn
September 30th, 2020, 21:54
If you create it in FGC it can be easily used in FGU. Just drop the module in the \module folder.

YggBjorn
October 1st, 2020, 00:41
Is there a way to program in the roll modifiers that appear in the Notes section of the Edge, or do I add those by hand after the Reference Manual is imported?

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=39843&stc=1&d=1601509148
Top window shows an Edge from SWADE with the roll modifiers in the Notes section. Bottom window shows a freshly imported Edge with no roll modifiers.

Sgain
October 5th, 2020, 05:04
seems I added a space in the name somehow.

Sgain
October 24th, 2020, 05:32
anyone else having issues with images after the latest update to FGU? All my reference manual work is now not functioning.

Doswelk
October 24th, 2020, 13:33
anyone else having issues with images after the latest update to FGU? All my reference manual work is now not functioning.
The tool was built and designed to work with FGC, if a change has been made to FGU that alters the way images work I would suspect that will be the cause.

I do all my product creation in FGC as I need it to work in FGC and FGU will it will not do if I built in FGU, I think officially FGU is not supported it just used to work.

Talyn
October 24th, 2020, 13:46
I think officially FGU is not supported it just used to work.

True statement. Ikael has repeatedly said that SWEL is not Unity-ready and won't be until provided with some specific documentation he's requested. Plus, I think he's "on break" right now?

Sgain
October 24th, 2020, 22:58
I don't really want to step back to FGC to create my modules and reference manuals. This kinda sucks for me big time. Especially since I'm not ever sure that anything I make in FGC will work in FGU or if all the work I've done in FGU can be put into FGC so that I can make a reference manual for it.
Oh well, screwed.

Talyn
October 24th, 2020, 23:21
Backward Compatibility.

Anything you make in Classic works in Unity. The reverse is also true with the exception of the Line of Sight and Dice markup from Unity will crash Classic.

Moon Wizard
October 27th, 2020, 00:01
Not quite.

Any FGC data should be read into FGU without issues, including modules, campaigns, etc.

However, opening FGU data in FGC is not supported; and any FGU data opened in FGC will be missing information, including image and dice field data.

Regards,
JPG

MrShipments
November 13th, 2020, 01:43
Is linking broken when using SWEL with Unity?
The markup below just does not want to work for me, even though the example "Reference Manual :: Quisque Player's Guide" copy/paste works just fine in Unity.

{{[email protected] Black Paw}}
Maybe I am missing something?

YggBjorn
November 13th, 2020, 23:06
I usually put a double semicolon and the name I want for the link, like this:

{{[email protected] Black Paw::The Black Paw}}

Post the link that you are trying to call. Maybe there is an error there? I spent an hour trying to fix 8 links last night only to realize I left out the '@@group::' for the items I was trying to create and link in the Ref Man.

Ikael
November 14th, 2020, 21:49
FYI, FGU compatible SW Enhanced Library version has not been published live. I plan to publish FGU compatible version as soon I have tested it properly

MrShipments
November 16th, 2020, 05:09
Im just trying to link to another page

The Black Paw
chapter::TOC Settlements
subchapter::6: Homes and Shops

BTW: Thanks for the feedback.
Please note that the forum wouldn't let me post the markup like "#" and "@"

UPDATE:: I figured it out.... I had pages listed like "1.1" and so on. This broke the links.

Ikael
November 16th, 2020, 21:47
Initial version of Enhanced Library (v2.0.0) for FGU is available. Download it from the first post.

Ellspeth
November 16th, 2020, 22:04
So do we need both? One for FGC and one for FGU?

Ikael
November 16th, 2020, 22:10
So do we need both? One for FGC and one for FGU?

I have tested v2.0.0 slightly with FGC and it worked at least on surface level. However further development will only focus on FGU and little by little FGC support is dropped. The extension might work on FGC but it won't have dedicated support nor testing on it.

EDIT: This does not apply anymore. FGC has the primary support. FGU compatibility was added but development focus will be on FGC

Ikael
November 17th, 2020, 22:03
Changelog:

[Fixed] FGU images caused script errors. Fixed
[Updated] Gear table columns updated to match SWADE standard

Ikael
November 18th, 2020, 22:12
Changelog

[Fixed] Export to file does not work. Fixed
[Updated] Content importer will auto-encoding &

Ikael
November 19th, 2020, 06:42
Changelog

[Added] FGC compatibility
[Updated] FGC is primarily supported. FGU support is secondary

This is total flip on what was originally planned. FGC has the primary support because Smiteworks has stated that when using SWEL official modules should be build in FGC. SWEL works in FGU but it will not get further development attention until it can be used to build official modules.

This also means that SWEL 1.60.0 is deprecated and will be removed in the future. You are recommended to update SWEL to 2.0.3

Ikael
November 19th, 2020, 22:16
Changelog

[Fixed] FGC vs FGU encoding issues. Fixed
[Removed] Record availability options
[Removed] Record sorting options

Ikael
December 28th, 2020, 20:23
Changelog

[Added] FGU warning message

gogots
December 29th, 2020, 02:40
Thank you for adapting this great extension for FGU.
I noticed a rather important Bug. When you want to move up or down an element that you have just created, it gets erased or merged with another element.

Talyn
December 29th, 2020, 03:04
Thank you for adapting this great extension for FGU.

As noted a few times above, it's highly recommended to not use SWEL with FGUnity unless it's purely for your personal projects that you don't plan on sharing.

fubeca150
January 11th, 2021, 16:55
As noted a few times above, it's highly recommended to not use SWEL with FGUnity unless it's purely for your personal projects that you don't plan on sharing.

Or if you're a relative newcomer to FG and only have FGU. :)

I've run into several issues. Time for me to pony up for FG Deprecated.

I was probably also using it wrong. I couldn't get the export to work. It game me an error:

[string "scripts/new_library_module_export.lua"]:864: getType: Invalid parameter 1

I'd created NPCs manually, linked them to encounters, then linked to the encounters. I'll spend some time tonight Alt-Dropping them into the source instead of linking. The module it built works fine in the campaign I built it in, but just doesn't export.

Ikael
January 11th, 2021, 17:03
The main reason why SWEL is not fully supported for FGU is because the extension is used by some (including me) to produce commercial Fantasy Grounds modules. You need to use Fantasy Grounds Classic to produce modules that are compatible with both Fantasy Grounds Classic (FGC) and Fantasy Grounds Unity (FGU). Commercial modules that we produce are still for both platforms.

You can still use SWEL in FGU but remember to use the latest version. At least in my tests, it has worked ok. I just don't promise full compatibility for FGU because FGC is the main development platform which we need to use to produce cross-platform compatible products.

fubeca150
January 11th, 2021, 17:04
I accept that. And once I managed to figure out most of the syntax, I'm really happy with it. I do want to get it working so that I can generate reference materials for my own stuff.

Thanks for making the tool, it is really awesome.

Ikael
January 11th, 2021, 20:48
This is fix update. Several extension names were changed and SWEL did not know if they are enabled anymore.

Changelog:

[Fixed] Extension names does not match. Fixed

ddbrown30
February 6th, 2021, 03:42
There's a large text warning in the chat log when launching that says "Enhanced Library extension is not fully compatible with Fantasy Grounds Unity." Is that normal?

Talyn
February 6th, 2021, 05:02
There's a large text warning in the chat log when launching that says "Enhanced Library extension is not fully compatible with Fantasy Grounds Unity." Is that normal?

Yes. Despite repeated mentions here, users still did not get the point so @Ikael put extra code to detect if you're using FGU and display the warning.

ddbrown30
February 6th, 2021, 17:06
Ah, I see. It might make sense to add that disclaimer to the main post here. I looked before asking, but I sure wasn't going to go through 11 pages of replies, one by one.

fubeca150
February 6th, 2021, 17:16
I've been using it in FGU and it works fine, so long as you're building for FGU. The problem is only if you want it compatible with FGC then you have to run it in FGC.

There is one other major issue, but it's FGU, not SWEL. The issue is that if you happen to have stuff in the importer text box when the campaign saves then FGU takes 10x-15x as long to save as FGC for the exact same content. So if you're running in FGU, paste your stuff, run the importer, then delete it really quickly or you'll be waiting for several minutes every time the auto-save happens.

ddbrown30
February 7th, 2021, 23:23
Is there a way to export to SWEL? It will be easier for me to just write it all in SWEL and import it, but I'm not sure the exact formatting of links. I'd like to add a link and then export it so I can see what the system is expecting.

fubeca150
February 8th, 2021, 04:08
Is there a way to export to SWEL? It will be easier for me to just write it all in SWEL and import it, but I'm not sure the exact formatting of links. I'd like to add a link and then export it so I can see what the system is expecting.

There is an option in the options section when the SWEL extension is enabled that will show the SWEL tools. You drag and drop the item you want a link to onto the Link tool, an item you want a complete record for onto the record tool, and so forth.

ddbrown30
February 8th, 2021, 22:52
There is an option in the options section when the SWEL extension is enabled that will show the SWEL tools. You drag and drop the item you want a link to onto the Link tool, an item you want a complete record for onto the record tool, and so forth.

That's great. Thanks.

Sgain
February 14th, 2021, 20:55
Here's something I've found that's annoying when I export my library module - it deletes the images from the module I was using to create it. So if I have to go back and edit the module I have to re-import all the images, and they don't have the same image.id #'s anymore. So then I have to re-edit my entire module and update all the image.id's.

That's really annoying. Is there some way to fix this?

Talyn
February 15th, 2021, 16:27
I think that is an intentional limitation of FG export capability to prevent duplication of copyrighted artwork.

Ikael
February 15th, 2021, 21:35
Here's something I've found that's annoying when I export my library module - it deletes the images from the module I was using to create it. So if I have to go back and edit the module I have to re-import all the images, and they don't have the same image.id #'s anymore. So then I have to re-edit my entire module and update all the image.id's.

That's really annoying. Is there some way to fix this?

Using images from other modules doesn't sound right. However could you provide me step by step instruction how to reproduce this?

Sgain
February 15th, 2021, 23:20
I create a reference module.
I add images such as:
@@blocks.block000.blocktype::image
@@blocks.block000.align::center
@@blocks.block000.size::480,400
@@blocks.block000.image::&images/IMG Mushroom garden.jpg
@@blocks.block000.imagelink::@imagewindow::image.i d-00008

I then export the finished reference library as a module. When I export it all of the used images go into the module (which is what I want) but - all the ones in the images folder that I'm creating the module with are also erased! So if I want to edit/change the module I have to re-import all the images again (screwing up their image.id #'s) and it's a royal pain.

I'm using FGC for this.

Ikael
February 16th, 2021, 19:22
I create a reference module.
I add images such as:
@@blocks.block000.blocktype::image
@@blocks.block000.align::center
@@blocks.block000.size::480,400
@@blocks.block000.image::&images/IMG Mushroom garden.jpg
@@blocks.block000.imagelink::@imagewindow::image.i d-00008

I then export the finished reference library as a module. When I export it all of the used images go into the module (which is what I want) but - all the ones in the images folder that I'm creating the module with are also erased! So if I want to edit/change the module I have to re-import all the images again (screwing up their image.id #'s) and it's a royal pain.

I'm using FGC for this.

I cannot reproduce the issue. I re-generated SWADE modules with SWEL and no such issue occurs. Images are still intact in campaign and their database node ids remain the same. Remember that SWEL itself does not store images. You must have campaign that is dedicated for storing and hosting any images you reference in SWEL markdown. You should keep the campaign separated from your play campaign.

Sgain
February 17th, 2021, 01:47
I wish I knew why this happens. I'm using Enhanced Library v2.0.6 and no other modules except the SWADE rules.
I'll be creating another reference manual in a few days if work goes well and see if it deletes every image again.

Talyn
February 17th, 2021, 15:56
Unless something has changed, FG will not copy images like it will other record types (due to the aforementioned legal reasons) so if that is still the case, images from some other .mod (which is what I thought you said you were doing above?) are not "in your campaign" for SWEL to work with. If you're importing local image files into your campaign image window, everything should work fine. If that's not the case, please post steps (not markdown) to reproduce.

Sgain
February 19th, 2021, 20:01
I create a module for my reference manual. The only extension is enhanced library.
I add images to the images folder of this module.
I add those images to my reference module.
I then export the reference manual as a module.
I then click on the 'export' button in the Library. Add the name of the reference manual and export it.

The images in the images folder are deleted.
They are in the new .mod file.

This is all done in Fantasy Grounds Classic.
If I have to update/edit my reference module I then have to re-import all the images and re-number them as their ID numbers have changed.

It's not a 'game breaker' but it's a pain cause I have to edit and update stuff.

Doswelk
February 19th, 2021, 20:50
I cannot recreate have this problem, either though I think Tayln did say once he had something similar...

Mortar
February 19th, 2021, 21:04
Shouldn't you be adding the images to your campaign not the module?

Talyn
February 20th, 2021, 15:03
I cannot recreate have this problem, either though I think Tayln did say once he had something similar...

Indeed, but I never put images in my campaign, I leave them in the /images/ folder and manually handle them (two reasons: 1) i dislike the way FG plops everything into the root folder of a module which is messy, and 2) I nearly always have several images I will display in the reference manual but do not want in the master Images window) but in doing so, when I /importlib either SWEL or FG itself deletes the images so I have to set each one to read only permissions to avoid that.

YggBjorn
February 20th, 2021, 23:03
Do the images need to be numbered though? I thought we can use a wild card. Eberron does it like this:

@@blocks.*.blocktype::image
@@blocks._.image::&images/Cover.jpg
@@blocks._.size::535,827
@@blocks._.imagelink::@imagewindow::..
@@blocks._.name::Eberron for Savage Worlds
@@blocks._.nonid_name::Eberron for Savage Worlds

As long as the @@blocks._.image:: line is pointing to a specific image, can't it be done like this?

macDsinfo
February 24th, 2021, 02:59
Is there any way to make this compatible with unity?

YggBjorn
February 24th, 2021, 07:26
Not at the moment, see this post:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library&p=557689&viewfull=1#post557689

Jiminimonka
June 12th, 2021, 10:19
But hopefully soon - now the sun is setting on Classic ;)

Ikael
July 2nd, 2021, 07:51
Version 2.1.0 available
This update provides FGU compatibility and starts the sunset of FGC support, ie. from this version onwards development is planned and tested in FGU. Changes are not tested in FGC anymore.

Jiminimonka
July 2nd, 2021, 08:19
Version 2.1.0 available
This update provides FGU compatibility and starts the sunset of FGC support, ie. from this version onwards development is planned and tested in FGU. Changes are not tested in FGC anymore.

Yes!!!!

gogots
July 2nd, 2021, 12:24
Version 2.1.0 available
This update provides FGU compatibility and starts the sunset of FGC support, ie.
Thank you!

GunnarGreybeard
July 3rd, 2021, 14:04
Awesome! Time to get to work creating content . . . and playing. :)

Kyler
July 3rd, 2021, 15:03
Great news! Time to shift the content development to FGU.

Ikael
July 6th, 2021, 18:46
Version 2.1.1 is available. This is patch update that fixes one small issue

Changelog
[Fixed] Gear's type is not converted to markdown. Fixed

Kyler
July 18th, 2021, 15:28
Potential Bug.

When exporting the module using the blue export library module button next to the SWEL document one creates, you cannot select a thumbnail from a file location using the browse button. When selecting the file for the thumbnail, it writes "ok" on the line with no path to the actual file.

Work Around:

If you use the export button at the bottom of the library window, you can browse and select the file. This results in the correct file path to the desired thumbnail. You can then copy that file location, and then past the location in the window that pops up from the blue export library module export button. It then adds the thumbnail to your module.

Forgot to add:

This is using version 2.1.1 in FGU.

GunnarGreybeard
July 18th, 2021, 16:22
Here is the syntax definition

In Sublime Text 3,

Tools -> Developer -> New Syntaxt
Paste the content of the attached file into the file opened for you, and save it with name SWEL.sublime-syntax

After that when you have SWEL Markdown file open, from bottom right corner, click the syntaxt and select SWEL

Just confirming . . . is the linked copy in Post #67 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library&p=545653&viewfull=1#post545653), the current/latest version we need to be using? Thinking about switching to Sublime.

Ikael
July 20th, 2021, 19:48
Version 2.2.2 is available!

Changelog
[Added] Arcane Background record support
[Added] SWPF support

Talyn
July 20th, 2021, 22:19
You putting this on the Forge? :) pwetty pweez? :)

Ikael
July 20th, 2021, 23:17
You putting this on the Forge? :) pwetty pweez? :)

I don't know what that means :)?

Doswelk
July 21st, 2021, 08:23
Announcing the FG Forge (fantasygrounds.com) (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?69713-Announcing-the-FG-Forge)

Ikael
July 23rd, 2021, 13:43
FGU version is available in Forge: https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/107/view and updates are no longer uploaded as forum attachment.

Jiminimonka
August 8th, 2021, 16:58
Just confirming . . . is the linked copy in Post #67 here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48111-SW-Enhanced-Library&p=545653&viewfull=1#post545653), the current/latest version we need to be using? Thinking about switching to Sublime.

I don't think the markup has changed so this should still be fine.

Jiminimonka
August 13th, 2021, 22:04
Initial version of Enhanced Library (v2.0.0) for FGU is available. Download it from the first post.

The bug from pre-FGU SWEL that creates a NEW EDGE when you click on a Edge link in a character sheet is still happening in this new FGU version. Also with NPC sheet edges.

EDIT: Just tried in the FGU Test build and it works fine there. I don't know if Ikael has patched it since last night though.

TomtheBu
September 13th, 2021, 20:00
Hi,

after exporting into a library modul and load into a brandnew campaign, the Powers List (e.g. New Powers), opens as "untitled Powers List" while the Link on the right page of the module is still labeld correct. :confused:

This error seems to be related to the powers list only. Other lists and groups I exported were labeled correct so far.

TomtheBu
September 18th, 2021, 10:40
I have another little problem. Is it possible to create gear lists for Melee Weapons or Armor and Shields in a library module? I can't find any appropriate list with the formatted fields for such items in the dropdown menu. Just Ranged, vehicle or special weapons work.

I use the latest version of enhanced library from the forge.

Thanks in advance

Ikael
September 18th, 2021, 15:26
I have another little problem. Is it possible to create gear lists for Melee Weapons or Armor and Shields in a library module? I can't find any appropriate list with the formatted fields for such items in the dropdown menu. Just Ranged, vehicle or special weapons work.

I use the latest version of enhanced library from the forge.

Thanks in advance

No. You cannot combine different record types by default.

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 09:14
No. You cannot combine different record types by default.

Sorry, when I expressed myself a bit unclear. I don't want to combine different record types in one page. I want to add one record entry for Melee Weapons, another for armory etc. But there is no appropriate record entry (something like gear: melee) for Melee Weapons in the dropdown to create a list with the correct formatted fields matching Melee Weapons. I am missing something like the Melee Weapon list like the one found in the SWADE players guide. The same for Armor.

So my main question is, how to create a record entry for Melee Weapons using SWEL? Which record entry do I have to use from the dropdown menu?

Jiminimonka
September 19th, 2021, 10:15
Sorry, when I expressed myself a bit unclear. I don't want to combine different record types in one page. I want to add one record entry for Melee Weapons, another for armory etc. But there is no appropriate record entry (something like gear: melee) for Melee Weapons in the dropdown to create a list with the correct formatted fields matching Melee Weapons. I am missing something like the Melee Weapon list like the one found in the SWADE players guide. The same for Armor.

So my main question is, how to create a record entry for Melee Weapons using SWEL? Which record entry do I have to use from the dropdown menu?

I will repeat what Ikael told me recently (thanks Ikael btw :) ) - drag one pre-made item onto the Desktop Tool and use the markup it creates for your own SWEL. Drag the link to Record and voila!

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 11:25
Thank you for this good tip. Also good to know :)

But I don't want to use the item in my reference manual. What I want to do is to create a new Gear Page/List with all available Melee Weapons in the module. Maybe it gets clearer with the two images attached.

What I want to do:

1. Create Library Module
2. Click the green plus symbol in the right window of the library to add an item.
3. add page by selecting one...
4. Choose the appropiate item from the dropdown.

There I have the choice to add Gear: Ranged Weapons, Special Weapons, Vehicle Weapons or Mundane Items

But I want to add a new page for Gear: Melee Weapons. And another one for Gear: Armor. With formatted fields for Name, Damage, AP, Cost, Weight, Avail and Notes for Melee Weapons - (and Name, Armor, Cost, Weight, Avail and Notes for Armor respectively Shields)

Both Gear Pages exist in the SWADE Players Guide but are not directly available via SWEL dropdown menu.

It doesn't work to drag the newly ceated Markup (from the premade item) to the pages section of the module to create a new Gear List out of it. You can't even add it to an existing page.

Maybe I make something wrong at all. What do I have to do, to add these pages to my module?

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 17:45
Is it planned to add support for Gear: Melee Weapons and Gear: Armor to the SWEL Dropdown Menu in the future, to have all weapon and armor types available?

Ikael
September 19th, 2021, 18:09
Make your library window bigger. There are alot more options on that combobox but they are cut in your case because your window is to small

Talyn
September 19th, 2021, 18:11
From the SWADE Player Guide SWEL file:

#### Hand Weapons :: Melee Weapons
@@catname::Melee Weapon

Then each melee weapon is defined below that.

#### Ranged Weapons :: Ranged Weapons
@@catname::Ranged Weapons

Then again, each ranged weapon defined below this.

Make sure you're looking at the Help tab for the Importer too see all the usable record types, etc.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=49197&stc=1&d=1632071454

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 19:05
Make your library window bigger. There are alot more options on that combobox but they are cut in your case because your window is to small

Hi Ikael, thank you soo much, what a beginner`s mistake I made. Shame on me... Now I see all record types available :)

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 19:14
Thank you again @Talyn. Now I slowly begin to understand the context.

But where in the content importer can I add these items? Just below the last chapter of my reference manual or above before the reference manual begins?

Ikael
September 19th, 2021, 19:16
Thank you again @Talyn. Now I slowly begin to understand the context.

But where in the content importer can I add these items? Just below the last chapter of my reference manual or above before the reference manual begins?

Both are valid. That will determine page order in your module. Best practise is to define reference manual first then othet records

TomtheBu
September 19th, 2021, 19:25
Ok I will try to play around a bit with this new knowledge. I want to make more with the content importer in the future because it seems to be more flexible.

Thank you for your help with this :)

TomtheBu
September 29th, 2021, 12:29
Is it possible to export maps and maintaining the functionality of shortcut links on ithem using SWEL?

I wasn't able to do so. After loading the exported module into a new campaign, the shortcuts were still visible on the maps (the red pins) but opened into empty pages.

Exporting the Maps containing shortcut links using the normal library export function works as intended. But that's no what I need. I want to create an adventure Modul as a reference manual.

I think I need some help with this.

Thanks in advance

Doswelk
September 30th, 2021, 16:24
You have to double export (as I call it).

Basically I create the module with the maps etc in SWEL.

Then I export the module.

Then I delete the SWEL module I just created.

Then restart FGU (FGU loads available modules on startup)

Select the new module you have built and load it.

The following is the tricky bit (made this mistake more than once):

Open the map from the CAMPAIGN NOT THE MODULE!

Drag the story links/encounters/etc. from THE MODULE NOT THE CAMPAIGN

Once you have created the links unload the module.

Import SWEL again and export it creating a new module (that overwrites the old module)

Now the links will work.

Talyn
September 30th, 2021, 16:40
Good lord that's totally not confusing at all... :(

Doswelk
September 30th, 2021, 19:08
It is but it makes sense (in a way)

When you drag a link to an image, it "hard codes" the link, so if you create links from a campaign to an image then create a module, the links in the module are linked to the campaign not the module, so by creating a module and then linking from that, the links are "hard coded" to the module, then even though you re-create the module the links still work (unless you do something that causes the module to change drastically so the linked data order changes)

I'll make a video: https://youtu.be/B6fz4kN6zL4

TomtheBu
September 30th, 2021, 20:16
Thank you so much! At first it seemed a bit confusing, but following your instructions step by step finally worked for me :)

Now I can start with my adventure modul.

mac40k
November 14th, 2021, 14:26
Was trying to use the GUI editor as I've always done, but in FGU and it seems to be missing Gear: Armor from the drop down list of sections that can be added.

GunnarGreybeard
November 30th, 2021, 22:52
I have a question for "those who may know". :bandit: With this new, soon to be released Builder thingy I keep hearing about that's currently in the Test Channel, is that something that will replace SWEL or will SWEL still be the best tool for making new SW content/reference manual?

Moon Wizard
December 1st, 2021, 02:47
More than likely, SWEL will actually cause issues with the new code; and should not be used in conjunction with the coming update until Aki decides whether an update is needed or whether to retire it.

Regards,
JPG

GunnarGreybeard
December 2nd, 2021, 00:46
More than likely, SWEL will actually cause issues with the new code; and should not be used in conjunction with the coming update until Aki decides whether an update is needed or whether to retire it.

Roger that.

Moon Wizard
December 15th, 2021, 22:16
Note: This extension will currently cause problems with the most recent ruleset releases today; and should be disabled. Additionally, a reference manual "Builder" option is now available via the Modules window in the latest version which is built into the core system without any extensions.

Regards,
JPG

Doswelk
December 16th, 2021, 07:22
Note: This extension will currently cause problems with the most recent ruleset releases today; and should be disabled. Additionally, a reference manual "Builder" option is now available via the Modules window in the latest version which is built into the core system without any extensions.

Regards,
JPG

Oh well there goes me making any more modules (including ROTRL book 6) for some time, as making modules with SWEL is considerably quicker, also this means I cannot fix all my exisiting SWEL modules, and would have to re-do EVERY module from scratch :(

I'll just have to wait for Ikael to fix it.

Moon Wizard
December 16th, 2021, 17:37
You may be able to edit existing development campaign reference manuals with the builder tool (depending on where Aki stuck the reference manual data in his tool). Have you tried?

JPG

Doswelk
December 16th, 2021, 23:30
SupperTeddy has given me a crash course and it looks hopeful :)

Apart from the fact it ruins all the layouts of my modules (as image sizing seems to be ignored) it looks very impressive

Jiminimonka
December 16th, 2021, 23:36
You may be able to edit existing development campaign reference manuals with the builder tool (depending on where Aki stuck the reference manual data in his tool). Have you tried?

JPG

Err .... am I missing something. I've not had any time with the Live version but have used the Test one to build a few store products and didn't see a way to edit existing modules.

Moon Wizard
December 17th, 2021, 01:24
You have to edit them in the development campaign where they were created.

While you can edit any reference manual exported as non-read-only as well, you will be editing module data at that point, which is not exportable and only available for that campaign.

Regards,
JPG

rlorite
December 19th, 2021, 14:09
Are there any documentation for the new builder? I don't know if some stuff I've doing with SWEL is not implemented on builder or if I just don't know how to do them. Indent, for example.

Jiminimonka
December 19th, 2021, 14:55
Are there any documentation for the new builder? I don't know if some stuff I've doing with SWEL is not implemented on builder or if I just don't know how to do them. Indent, for example.

There is no documentation at present. You can't do indents from the UI (yet, but I have mentioned this to Dom) but you can edit the db.xml file in the exported module and add indents in the <refmanualindex> section.

example:

<name type="string">The Priest, The Helmet and The Masks</name>
<indent type="number">1</indent>
<order type="number">2</order>
The higher the number the bigger the indent.

rlorite
December 19th, 2021, 16:07
Ok, thank you Jiminimonka

I'm happy to read that this functionality is being taken into account.

krypticz
January 29th, 2022, 04:08
I just freshly installed FGU and created a new campaign for the sole purpose to create a new module. The only ext loaded is the Enhanced Library. When i try and import anything i get the following error, "[1/28/2022 9:01:02 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/updated_library_list_book.lua"]:33: attempt to index a nil value"

Trenloe
January 29th, 2022, 05:09
I just freshly installed FGU and created a new campaign for the sole purpose to create a new module. The only ext loaded is the Enhanced Library. When i try and import anything i get the following error, "[1/28/2022 9:01:02 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "ref/scripts/updated_library_list_book.lua"]:33: attempt to index a nil value"
MODERATOR: Moved this post to the SWEL extension thread. It's always best to post issues with an extension in the thread for that extension - it will get the attention of the extension developer.

Jiminimonka
January 29th, 2022, 11:28

SWEL has not been updated to work with the latest version of Fantasy Grounds. The developer has stated he will get around to the update when he has more time and energy.

FrodoB
July 30th, 2022, 11:33
The big guy just pushed an update to v2.3.1. From my understand there are still a handful of things that nee touching up, but overall it's alive again.

Jiminimonka
July 30th, 2022, 13:49
Doswelk made a tutorial video for SWEL a while back - here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjT81sJgT9E

Jiminimonka
July 30th, 2022, 15:23
The big guy just pushed an update to v2.3.1. From my understand there are still a handful of things that nee touching up, but overall it's alive again.

At the moment, loading the SWEL extension while you have an active Reference Manual build going on, wipes the Reference Manual (and disabling SWEL doesn't bring it back) - so be cautious, and make sure you have a backup of db.xml.

Surely this will get fixed soon enough, but be warned.

Ikael
July 30th, 2022, 18:56
At the moment, loading the SWEL extension while you have an active Reference Manual build going on, wipes the Reference Manual (and disabling SWEL doesn't bring it back) - so be cautious, and make sure you have a backup of db.xml.

This issue has been addressed in version 2.3.2, thank you for reporting this!

Jiminimonka
July 30th, 2022, 19:02

Thanks!

FrodoB
August 15th, 2022, 10:02
A few minor things I noted:

When using the exporter on a Reference Manual entry, @@chapter and @@subchapter do not get set correctly.
When using the exporter on a Reference Manual entry, @@indent does not get set correctly.
When using the exporter on an item, Linebreaks in the Description get swallowed completely. They are not replaced by a space, they are just gone.

Doswelk
August 17th, 2022, 12:59
I would point out the fact it works was a lucky happenstance rather than something that was intended, if you using SWEL to create modules you do not need Builder, if you want to load something into Builder to Tweak it you can, but given that Builder and SWEL are not designed to work together quirks are the price (not saying this will not be fixed it just was an unexpected bonus at this time).

I have never exported an item (I code them by hand in SWEL, it's quicker) but that does not sound right, I would think this is a new issue as no-one has mentioned it before :s

FrodoB
August 17th, 2022, 18:41
Just to be clear: I'm not talking about the Builder specifically, I'm talking about general Reference manual entries. Including those generated with SWEL (as I assume the core SWADE rulebook was).

FrodoB
August 27th, 2022, 11:33
I cannot figure out how to add a thumbnail to my module. Can someone advise? My header looks like this:

@@name::My Modulename
@@categoryname::
@@export_author::The original PDF's author
@@export_file_name::my_file_name
@@export_readonly::#1
@@export_playervisible::#1
@@export_thumbnail::

But I cannot figure out how to set the thumbnail, FG always just yells at me when I put down a path:

[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] windowcontrol: Database type mismatch on path (export_thumbnail) in control (export_thumbnail) in class (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control () anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control () anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (thumbnail_chooser) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (thumbnail_chooser) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (export_author) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)
[8/27/2022 12:25:55 PM] [ERROR] window: Control (export_author) anchoring to an undefined control (export_thumbnail) in windowclass (library_module_export)

When leaving it out and setting the Thumbnail manually I exports fine, but still yells at me that the thumbnail file is wrong and has no thumbnail:

[8/27/2022 12:28:55 PM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/new_library_module_export.lua"]:576: export: Unable to load thumbnail file (ok)

Can someone give me a hint where I'm going wrong?

Also, I did a little thing for Sublime so that I can use CTRL+B, CTRL+I and CTRL+U to make text bold/italic/underlined by surrounding it with **, // or __:

[
{ "keys": ["ctrl+b"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "**${0:$SELECTION}**"}, "context":
[
{ "key": "setting.auto_match_enabled", "operator": "equal", "operand": true },
{ "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": false, "match_all": true }
]
},
{ "keys": ["ctrl+i"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "//${0:$SELECTION}//"}, "context":
[
{ "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": false, "match_all": true }
]
},
{ "keys": ["ctrl+u"], "command": "insert_snippet", "args": {"contents": "__${0:$SELECTION}__"}, "context":
[
]
}
]

FrodoB
August 28th, 2022, 21:54
Doswelk pointed me in the correct direction:

To set a thumbnail SWEL seems to expect an absolute Path, not a relative one.
Once I set it to "C:/Users/Frodo/AppData/Roaming/SmiteWorks/Fantasy Grounds/images/MyCampaign/CoverImage_smallest.png" it went fine.

However, a new issue has arisen:

I am in the process of creating Pregenerated Characters/Archetypes. To do that I create a new Pregen from within an editable SWEL module, add a Pregen and drop my Race onto it. When using the SWEL Desktop Tool, this creates links in the form of:

@@special.*.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Adaptable
@@special._.name::Adaptable
@@special.*.description::Humans start the game at Seasoned rank.
@@special._.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Experienced
@@special._.name::Experienced

However, once I use that to re-create the module (this time with the Pregens for which I created the code) SWEL gets annoyed that it can't find the link.
Now, I assume I could hard-code the link like this:

@@special.*.link::@sw_referencefeat::reference.rac es.human.abilities.adaptable@My Campaign Module

But I wonder if that's the "right" way to do it or if there is a way to get the smart lookup to work?

EDIT: Inspiration struck! It seems liket he exporter does it "wrong". The correct way to reference it is:

@@special.*.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Human.Adaptable
@@special.*.description::Humans start the game at Seasoned rank.
@@special._.link::@?@Races (Racial Packages).Human.Experienced
@@special._.name::Experienced

In other words: The exporter outputs the link as
?@$RACELIST.$ABILITYNAME
when in fact it should be
?@$RACELIST.$RACENAME.$ABILITYNAME

Nothing ab bit of manual fiddling cannot fix.

EDIT2: I have been mistaken. If you do it like that, it only links to the Race, not the Ability...dang.

Baron Ken
November 28th, 2022, 18:32
Just getting started using SWEL. I noticed that with the SWEL extension loaded, the module names display differently.
When it's not loaded, in the Modules page and the Module Activation page, the modules display using their "displayname" (@export_displayname::<displayname>).

When SWEL is loaded, the Module Activation still displays the displayname, but the Modules list now shows the "name" (@name::<name>).

If I unload SWEL, the Modules list will go back to displaying the "displayname"s.

I looked through this thread and the previous one to see if this was documented as expected behaviour but didn't find anything. Not saying this is a bug, just that i noticed the Module name's being (unexpectedly) different.

Also,
I get a message: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." if I include more than 2 "at" symbols total in my post. Not sure why.

Jiminimonka
November 28th, 2022, 20:24
Just getting started using SWEL. I noticed that with the SWEL extension loaded, the module names display differently.
When it's not loaded, in the Modules page and the Module Activation page, the modules display using their "displayname" (@export_displayname::<displayname>).

When SWEL is loaded, the Module Activation still displays the displayname, but the Modules list now shows the "name" (@name::<name>).

If I unload SWEL, the Modules list will go back to displaying the "displayname"s.

I looked through this thread and the previous one to see if this was documented as expected behaviour but didn't find anything. Not saying this is a bug, just that i noticed the Module name's being (unexpectedly) different.

Also,
I get a message: "Post denied. New posts are limited by number of URLs it may contain and checked if it doesn't contain forbidden words." if I include more than 2 "at" symbols total in my post. Not sure why.

I did post about this a while back, it is just a side effect of having SWEL loaded. SWEL should not be used on live games, just for building.

Dunno about the Post denied message.

Lonewolf
January 31st, 2023, 14:23

Any on going Reference Manual build will still be deleted when the SWEL export function is used - so still be cautious, and make sure you have a backup of db.xml.

Ikael
April 8th, 2023, 09:24
This extension is deprecated

...and replaced by new Module Maker extension, see

Module Maker Forge item (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/1144/view)
Module Maker forum thread (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?77403-Module-Maker)