PDA

View Full Version : BUG (?): PC Tokens on Map Not Saved Between Sessions & Other Observations

JohnD
February 25th, 2019, 16:21
I had some interest expressed among some of the long term people I've played with for some Rolemaster, so I fired up the ruleset again for the first time in ~ 2+ years.

Normally I would continue to comply with the directive I was given back in late December or early January, but I have found something "wrong" with the Rolemaster ruleset that did not exist before (as far as I can remember).

The "Before" picture is the CT and map status at the end of a session. You will see the PC (Artis), a friendly dog and a hostile undead are on the map.

The "After" picture is the CT and map status at the start of the following session, having done nothing other than loaded FG, opened the CT and then the map. You note that the friendly dog and the hostile undead are still present. What is missing is the token representing the PC (although the square is still green indicating to me that FG still knows where the PC is, but for some reason the token is lost between sessions. I also noted that the dog and the undead were defaulted to "not visible" in the CT when I opened it this time, so visible / not visible is also not being saved between sessions.

Is this something that can be looked at and fixed? It doesn't seem possible to me that I am somehow causing this, but if there is anything I can do to help rule out possible causes, I'm happy to do that.

Please and thank you.

Moon Wizard
February 25th, 2019, 17:17
The visibility issue will definitely need to be answered by the developer.

For the missing token, that may not be a RMC ruleset issue, but not sure. Is the token missing on the GM side or the player side? If the GM side, then it would need more investigation. If you still have the campaign with the issue intact, you can zip up and send over. If the player side, then it could be a caching issue. Clearing the cache on the player side, and re-downloading, usually fixes that. Missing graphics are sometimes caused by network inconsistencies (usually due to noisy wireless connections).

Regards,
JPG

JohnD
February 25th, 2019, 17:44
It is both GM and player side. I will compress the campaign and send it to support later today.

JohnD
February 26th, 2019, 05:15
Campaign sent to support email.

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 07:32
John,

Thanks for sending that over. Using your example, I was able to recreate. It's related to using the tokens auto-generated from portraits.

In RMC, there is no way to set a different token on the character sheet. So, the workaround is to specify a different token in the combat tracker for PCs before adding to the map.

I have also generated a new build of the Test version (v3.3.8) that should address the issue in the long term. You can switch to the Test version to try it out if you like. We don't currently have a timeline for v3.3.8 release, but I'm keeping it as an ongoing bug fix version for stuff I find on the side while working on FGU that I'll probably push in late March to early April.

Regards,
JPG

damned
February 26th, 2019, 11:42
John,

Thanks for sending that over. Using your example, I was able to recreate. It's related to using the tokens auto-generated from portraits.

In RMC, there is no way to set a different token on the character sheet. So, the workaround is to specify a different token in the combat tracker for PCs before adding to the map.

I have also generated a new build of the Test version (v3.3.8) that should address the issue in the long term. You can switch to the Test version to try it out if you like. We don't currently have a timeline for v3.3.8 release, but I'm keeping it as an ongoing bug fix version for stuff I find on the side while working on FGU that I'll probably push in late March to early April.

Regards,
JPG

Ahem... FG Con April 12... not too close if possible!

JohnD
February 26th, 2019, 13:50
Will this address the issue of NPCs being reset to not visible between sessions?

My planned work around for that is to take a screenshot before ending the session and re-revealing at the start of the next time, which isn't all that elegant, especially if there are a lot of people on the map.

Moon Wizard
February 26th, 2019, 16:02
No, the NPC visibility is a separate issue, most likely ruleset specific.

I’ll forward to Dakadin via email to look at as well.

Regards,
JPG

Dakadin
February 27th, 2019, 04:23
Hi JohnD,

The visibility issue has occurred since I took over the ruleset. I checked all the versions back to 1.2 which is when I took it over. I think I might have introduced the bug with the first version, 1.3.11, that I provide to Smiteworks. I will try to track down the issue to get it resolved. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Dakadin

Dakadin
March 3rd, 2019, 02:39
Hi JohnD,

The fix for the NPC visibility is on the Test mode now and I think it will be pushed to Live on Tuesday.

Dakadin

JohnD
March 3rd, 2019, 19:39
Thanks for the FYI. I'll try to give it a try the next evening the group gets together.

Ardem
March 4th, 2019, 03:00
Hmm Dakadin what change did you make? Sorry just trying to work out if I need to change FRP as well.

Dakadin
March 4th, 2019, 03:16
Hi Ardem,

In the ct_combattracker.xml file, I changed the <script> section for the button_global_visibility checkbox to the following:

function onClickDown( button, x, y )
if super and super.onClickDown then
super.onClickDown();
end
window.list.toggleVisibility();
end

JohnD
March 10th, 2019, 19:04
OK this does seem to work for the visibility (or lack thereof) of NPCs on the map and in the CT.

The loss of the PC token still takes place, but my understanding is that this will need to be addressed in the test version of 3.3.8 which I have not yet updated to.