PDA

View Full Version : The Tinkering Goblin's conversion: First release

TheGoblinIntheCorner
February 24th, 2019, 01:34
Hey everyone, I've been using fantasy grounds for a few months now, and I've seen a big lack of one thing in particular: Conversions of cool and unique homebrew classes.

I regularly browse r/UnearthedArcana and other sources of homebrew, and every time I see one I really like I think the same thing "Why can't that be in fantasy grounds??
So I took it upon myself to fix this issue, with a module of my own creation; I present to you

TINKERING GOBLIN'S CONVERSIONS[/SIZE]

Included in this 1.0 version is a single class with as much automation as I could muster.
This class is The Warclad and it's base three subclasses (With Treatise of the Thousand Plates coming later if enough interest is shown...or if I feel like it)

The original class by /u/fatchalupa can be found here:
https://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/Hkt30BFSZ

As it stands at the moment, I will only add in homebrew classes/items I show interest in,such as the soul binder, which I would like to add in by the 3.0 release
(Soul Binder Here: https://www.gmbinder.com/share/-L18SKkEVbPvsfynoEZZ)

If you have any suggestions and/or quality of life improvements for me, message me or reply to this thread

TheGoblinIntheCorner
February 24th, 2019, 01:35
V 1.0 patch notes:

Most of the "add on X dice roll to the original roll" could not be automated to the best of my knowledge and thus, must be done manually
Created all basic subclasses, five additional subclasses coming in v.02
I have automated this class to the best of my knowledge,if you know of any ways to improve automation, let me know!

----------------------------------------------------------
CONVERTER'S NOTES
I added in most class features into spells to remind players more actively of what they can do...
While remaking Warclad armor, create new copy of the base armor and rename it something unique. then put it into the forge
Remember to create a player shared npc to track the hp of the warclad armor, I favored this over a power tracker akin to my tip for power dice because later levels have huge hp blocks and that could bog down the action menu and could get confusing when counting.
Starting Equipment automation/picking from list is beyond me at the moment..

LordEntrails
February 24th, 2019, 20:07
Welcome to the forums :) Thanks for sharing!

Have you checked out the classes available on the DMsGuild? This search will get you some of them; https://www.dmsguild.com/browse.php?keywords=class&filters=0_0_0_0_0_0_45545_0&x=0&y=0&author=&artist=&pfrom=&pto=

Also, I haven't downloaded your mod, but please make sure all the classes are based off of the SRD classes and not the PHB classes, and that you include a copy of the OGL as required by the license. Also make sure that even though those classes are published on reddit, doesn't mean they can be redistributed without permission. So please verify you have permission to redistribute.

If you wish to publish on the DMsG, you then have a different sent of license requirements. In some ways more generous, but in others more restrictive.

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2019, 22:29
I've removed this module for the moment since it includes several items which are copyright WotC and may not be distributed. If you wish to include these items you will also need to include a copy of the SRD in the module (assuming that the items are in the SRD in the first place). Once you have done that (and you should also obtain the original author's consent to distribute their work which I don't see has been done either) then you can resubmit the module.

Additionally your module doesn't open in Fantasy Grounds because the module name is different from the name in the definition file.