PDA

View Full Version : Tokens aren't showed to players...sometimes.

azamboni
February 24th, 2019, 00:13
Hi guys,

I'm going mad here.

I've two identical modules (or this seems), but tokens showed correctly on DM side, aren't showed on player side...just for one module, the other is working fine and is able to show the token in the map.

I've attached the 2 modules, so if someone would like to reproduce the error, maybe can help me.

This is the log line for the error:

[23.02.2019 23:58:39] Network Warning: Unable to locate requested file 'tokens/guarddog01.png@notworking'

Steps to reproduce the error:

1) Create a new campaing
2) Load the fantasy grounds default map module
3) Load the 2 modules
4) Open a map
5) Open combat tracker and drag the token from each module
6) Enable visibility on tokens on Combat Tracker
7) Share the map with the player

This is driving me really insane.

I've aldo tried to see if the files are saved with different encoding, but seems not.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A very frustrated guy

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2019, 00:52
It's got something to do with the token, that's all I can say without seeing the original campaigns that you exported from. If I change the token on any of the NPCs in the notworking module to anything else the token shows up on the players map and CT. However the original token doesn't show and all I get is a red square where the NPC should be with no token in it. I'm not getting any errors.

valeros
February 24th, 2019, 01:35
It seems to be how it is zipped/compressed. Using Windows 10, if you unzip the "notworking" module and zip it again using "<select files><right click>Send To->Compressed (zipped) folder", then it works for me. It also works if you do not have it zipped (just unzipped in the modules directory.)

I saw this same thing (sometimes FG would not see the images) with my decal tool when I zipped it using the .NET built-in zipping functionality. That is why I left the extension it creates as unzipped.

Xemit
February 24th, 2019, 06:10
.Net Zip has known bug in versions prior to v4.6.1. It doesn't change the path slashes to the correct character and then when read later on by other zip libraries, they fail. There is a coding fix that can be applied to work around this, or just move your project to a newer version of .Net.

See: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/27289115/system-io-compression-zipfile-net-4-5-output-zip-in-not-suitable-for-linux-mac

We used the third solution on that page and it worked great! We were limited in solution as we were confined to .Net v4.5.