PDA

View Full Version : GMW Campaign Toolkit - A Theme Builder for Fantasy Grounds

Wintermute
February 23rd, 2019, 03:24
UPDATED: September 29, 2019 - Version 1.2.7.231 Released - Added Support for Starfinder and Pathfinder 2

Introducing the GMW Campaign Toolkit, a theme builder for Fantasy Grounds.
Currently supported rulesets: D&D 2e, 3.5e, 4e, 5e, Call of Cthulhu, CoreRPG, Cypher System, GURPS, MoreCore, Numenera, Pathfinder, Pathfinder 2, Starfinder, Savage Worlds, The Strange

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgPRbodUMN8

Screenshots:

Features:

Easy to create Fantasy Grounds Themes
No XML editing or coding necessary
Supported rulesets: D&D 2e, 3.5e, 4e, 5e, Call of Cthulhu, CoreRPG, Cypher System, GURPS, MoreCore, Numenera, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, The Strange, Starfinder, Pathfinder 2 (more in development)
Use your own images
Quickly make and publish changes to your theme
Work on multiple themes at the same time
Add up to 15 decals to your theme
Add the name of your campaign to the combat tracker
Keep track of the current game with combat tracker session number
Make your own sidebar buttons
Compact sidebar buttons supported
Change the chatbox image
Update your dice tower
Sample jpgs and Photoshop files provided to get you started
Video help tutorials
Free, for personal use only

Where to Get Help:

Read the FAQ available under the help menu.
Video Tutorials: https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/sg53
Have a question not answered by the tutorials, ask your question on this forum post.

Have you found a bug or error in the generated theme files?
Post any bugs, or feature requests here on this post. Please be as informative as possible.

Current Version

Current version is v1.2.6.221
Changelog

v1.2.7.231 - Added support for Pathfinder2 and Starfinder
v1.2.6.221 - Added support for Compact Sidebar Buttons, added Combat Tracker Checker, Fixed CoC7E Ruleset Error
v1.2.5.206 - Added Decal Extension Maker, Background Theme Maker, Added Chatbox Checker, bugfixes, Added Drag/Drop and Image resizing to Decal Extension Maker, Recent Files list, Create Project Screen, Shortcut Keys, Added GM Token and Ruleset Logo to Basic Editor, D&D 2e support, bug fixes, Added build number to version number, Switched to Clickonce Installer, Automatic Updating
v1.2.4 - Added Support for MoreCore
v1.2.3 - Added support for Call of Cthulhu 7e
v1.2.2 - Added support for Savage Worlds and GURPs, Software Update Checking
v1.2.1 - Fixed bug in Chat Box. Thanks to Steffen de Wolff for reporting.
v1.2.0 - Added support for 3.5e, 4e, 5e, PFRPG, CoreRPG, Cypher, Numenera, The Strange
v1.1.2 - Added Combat Tracker, Background Sidebar Small Icons, and Hot Bar image selection, Larger Font, Changes to entry forms, Currency Calculator
v1.1.1 - Initial publication

System Requirements:

Windows 10 OS (I personally have not tested any other OS than Win10)
Linux using wine

Sample Images Updated
I have expanded the sample images to include buttons (regular and compact), chatboxes, solid color backgrounds and more. All images have been released as public domain and you may use them however you wish. You can download the images as a zip from https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/gkum (Link towards bottom). Sample images are also available from the resources section of my website: https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/fzzz

File Download

Download by clicking here (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/gkum)

Wintermute
February 23rd, 2019, 03:25
reserved

Zacchaeus
February 23rd, 2019, 09:29
Nice

Torment
February 23rd, 2019, 10:41
Nice one!!
Awesome!!
Great!!
Thank you!!

GunnarGreybeard
February 23rd, 2019, 11:02
This looks nice!

GarthGiantbane
February 23rd, 2019, 15:50
Wow - that's really cool and looks super simple to use.

Thanks!

And good work.

Garth

st4lk3r87
February 23rd, 2019, 21:48
OMFG, Gonna try asap!!!! Last week I thought "It would be cool to have a Theme editor". And now you're here!!! Nice!

Kelrugem
February 24th, 2019, 00:50
very cool :)

mhorgunn
March 1st, 2019, 04:16
I have been trying to do this ever since I started playing on Fantasy Grounds ever since I started 4 years ago. A big thank you!!! Still working things out but here is my first attempt. These are all found images that have been modified, but my players were quite pleased with the results. This is for my current campaign that revolves about adventurers with a ship. 26507

Valyar
March 1st, 2019, 15:57
This is extremely nice. When do you plan to support the CoreRPG?

Wintermute
March 1st, 2019, 20:16
@mhorgunn Pretty cool theme. I'll have a new version out shortly that allows you to change the combat tracker background, chat box, hot bar and etc. Glad your enjoying it.

Wintermute
March 1st, 2019, 20:43
@Valyar Thanks. CoreRPG support will be coming in the next couple of weeks for the demo version. Here's the planned updates, release period, and features contained in them. Everything is subject to change

1.1.1 Current Version
1.1.2 (First week of March) 5e chat box, combat tracker, and hotbar replacement added to Demo Version
1.2.0 (Last 1/2 of March) CoreRPG, and Pathfinder added to Demo Version
1.2.1 (After April) Advanced Editor for 5e with icon replacement, more in-depth theme editing
1.2.2+ Every month after release of 1.2.1, a new ruleset will be available for the advanced editor.

ddavison
March 1st, 2019, 21:33
Great job!

Wintermute
March 2nd, 2019, 01:15
Thanks Doug

rob2e
March 2nd, 2019, 05:30
Sweet! #FantasyGroundsFriday tip IMMINENT... (3/8)

Wintermute
March 3rd, 2019, 05:41
Cool. Thanks Rob2e

GunnarGreybeard
March 3rd, 2019, 08:11
I can see this being a real boon to those of us using MoreCore once/if it gets supported.

GunnarGreybeard
March 5th, 2019, 10:17
This was surprisingly easy, even for me. :)

i3ullseye
March 5th, 2019, 21:04
A tangential question maybe. I have heard it said that Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition IS Core RPG. Are these two separate rule sets? Is CoC just Core RPB with a different name and images? What is the difference? And as it relates to this question, with this soon work for CoC7e?

Wintermute
March 5th, 2019, 22:51
I'm sure that someone else can add to this, but here's how I understand it. CoreRPG is the foundation ruleset that all the others are built on. It defines items such as the chat box, basic combat tracker and etc. The game rulesets like CoC7e, 5e, etc expand on this foundation. They contain the actual game mechanics, character sheet layouts, and everything that makes each ruleset different. Yes, CoreRPG and CoC7e are two different rulesets, that work together.

Yes, I will be supporting CoC7e in the next few months.

Wintermute
March 5th, 2019, 23:00
@GunnarGreybeard Looks great. Might want to start thinking about the chatbox and combat tracker background now. Version 1.1.2 is going to allow you to change out the sidebar icons at the top, the combat tracker background, and the chatbox. I was hoping to publish tonight, but due to work commitments, it'll be Friday or Saturday.

rodney418
March 6th, 2019, 13:46
This is excellent! I need a Savage Worlds version immediately!!!!

Sgain
March 8th, 2019, 19:09
please do one for Savage Worlds. We have more buttons than 5e (vehicles, edges, hindrances, skills) and it would be awesome to be able to personalize my game table.
There seems to be two kinds of FG GM's - 'right out of the box' folks, they use what's there and are happy with it, and 'tweakers', who are always looking at ways to tweak and play with the tabletop, make it work more the way they desire it to.
I think that this is one of the best things about FG - it works great 'plain Jane' but it also allows you to really personalize your games if you want.
Thanks for doing this.

iotech
March 9th, 2019, 04:43
Thank you for this, GMW! I was starting to do this myself, now I don't have to! Looking forward to the remaining frames (and top buttons) being editable! Do you have a Paypal Donate or Patreon we should know about?

mac40k
March 9th, 2019, 12:25
please do one for Savage Worlds. We have more buttons than 5e (vehicles, edges, hindrances, skills) and it would be awesome to be able to personalize my game table.
There seems to be two kinds of FG GM's - 'right out of the box' folks, they use what's there and are happy with it, and 'tweakers', who are always looking at ways to tweak and play with the tabletop, make it work more the way they desire it to.
I think that this is one of the best things about FG - it works great 'plain Jane' but it also allows you to really personalize your games if you want.
Thanks for doing this.

Seconding the request to make a version for Savage Worlds a priority. It is my system of choice, I am currently running two campaigns and have a third prepped and ready to go.

NitroTurtle
March 9th, 2019, 14:07
Any recommendations on where I can build buttons etc? I’m not a great artist so making them myself seems unlikely

Wintermute
March 9th, 2019, 16:59
@iotech Your quite welcome. No, no paypal or patreon yet. :)

Wintermute
March 9th, 2019, 17:22
@nitroturtle You've seen my demo buttons, I'm right there with you. lol. There are tons of sites on the internet (free and paid) where you can easily obtain artwork to start with. You might even want to check out fiverr.com I use it from time to time for graphics. It's amazing what people will do for $5-$10. You might also want to ask around in the FG forums, you may find someone there that would be willing to assist. Hope this helps.

Crawling Chaos
March 9th, 2019, 20:49
Look forward to giving this a try!!!

Wintermute
March 10th, 2019, 06:35
Version 1.1.2 has been released. Sidebar mini buttons (Combat Tracker, Party Sheet, Etc), Combat Tracker Background, and Hotbar support has been added. Sorry but it's still just 5E only.

Download on Post #1 (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427)

ivell
March 10th, 2019, 10:05
Wow! That's cool. I think we may finally have great themes for our games. You should think about place to store peoples work also, so they can share their themes with others :)

Good job! Respect!

NitroTurtle
March 10th, 2019, 13:53
snip

Is there any possible way to make it so you can change the orientation of the sidebar buttons? Like how the curse of Strahd theme does it? Or am I missing something?

Wintermute
March 10th, 2019, 13:57
Thanks. There are several places on the Fantasy Grounds forums where you can share themes and etc. Just remember that you can't upload copyrighted material to the forums, so you must either use licensed images or create them yourself. :)

Thanks again, and enjoy the software.

Wintermute
March 10th, 2019, 14:29
@NitroTurtle I love Damned's COS Sidebar. I have been using a modified version (5e & pfrpg) of it for over a year. Between that theme and being color-blind is what led to this entire project. Fantasy Grounds is a great program but the default themes can be hard to see for color-blind people. Map pins and grid lines are the worst for me, so I started replacing those things I couldn't see easily, and here we are. lol

Currently the "Damned" Sidebar is not supported, but is in the works. Most likely it'll come out in v1.3.0, which will be out in a few months.

Wintermute
March 11th, 2019, 18:12
Added a poll so everyone could vote for the next supported ruleset.

NitroTurtle
March 11th, 2019, 18:18
Would you be able to share your modified version? Or at least a screenshot? Just curious as to what it looks like lol.

Wintermute
March 11th, 2019, 19:05
I'll generate some screenshots and post in a bit.

Wintermute
March 11th, 2019, 19:57
Here's a screenshot one of it's many iterations. There are roughly 120 icons I replaced across CoreRPG, 5e, and PFRPG. I had started on character sheet icon for both 5e and PF. I've experimented with font replacements and roughly a dozen color schemes. My plan was to gather all my elements that I wanted to change and call my graphics guy and say make them match. lol.

All the elements I'm using in that there are either my creations or free open-licensed artwork from the net. There's alot out there under Creative Commons, GPL and more.

Snippels
March 13th, 2019, 20:21
I'd love to see PFRPG support.

Btw, why is this wonderful tool dependent from rulesets? Are the themes in different formats for 5E, PFRPG, etc?

LordEntrails
March 13th, 2019, 21:16
I'd love to see PFRPG support.

Btw, why is this wonderful tool dependent from rulesets? Are the themes in different formats for 5E, PFRPG, etc?
Different rulesets have different components. The easiest is the buttons that are available on the right. But they also have different window types (i.e. items, images, stories, etc). Though most/many are similar and many are shared between rulesets, they are not identical (i.e. PC sheets have different fields).

Because of that, GMW has to make at least small tweaks for each ruleset.

Erin Righ
March 13th, 2019, 23:02
Wow, definitely following this thread and I'll beta test with PF and MoreCore when they become available

Wintermute
March 14th, 2019, 01:21
Pathfinder will be supported in the next release.

Erin Righ
March 14th, 2019, 01:35
Pathfinder will be supported in the next release.

Sweet

Giddoen
March 14th, 2019, 16:29
Also Esper Genesis for 5e would be awesome....

Silversteel
March 21st, 2019, 03:09
This looks fantastic. Can you have different themes for different campaigns which come up automatically when you load the campaign?

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2019, 03:19
This looks fantastic. Can you have different themes for different campaigns which come up automatically when you load the campaign?
Yes, create 2 themes and name them uniquely. Each campaign remembers what extensions it loaded last time you used it and will start with those extensions enabled by default.

Silversteel
March 21st, 2019, 04:01
Thank you

GunnarGreybeard
March 26th, 2019, 12:42
If/when you start to work on the version that supports MoreCore let me know. Would gladly help test that.
In the meantime, definitely following this thread since I also run D&D 5e games.

Wintermute
March 26th, 2019, 14:30
Great! I do intend on supporting MoreCore, and should have a beta version out for testing in 2-3 weeks.

Wintermute
March 30th, 2019, 15:50
UPDATED: March 30, 2019 - Version 1.2.0 Released - Now Supports 3.5e, 4e, 5e, PFRGP, CoreRPG, Cypher System, Numenera, The Strange (Savage Worlds is NEXT!)

See post #1 to download. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427)

dmbrown
March 30th, 2019, 16:05
Thanks. Any Mac/Linux users out there I was able to get this to run using wine 4.0.

LordEntrails
March 30th, 2019, 18:12
Nice work!

GunnarGreybeard
March 30th, 2019, 22:09
Looking forward to putting this to use.

Wintermute
April 13th, 2019, 17:04
Version 1.2.1 has been released. This version fixes an issue with the chat box for all rulesets. You will have to uninstall the previous version before installing v1.2.1

I have also moved the download to Bitbucket. See post #1 or click here to download from Bitbucket (https://bitbucket.org/gmwintermute/gmw-campaign-toolkit-dl/downloads/).

esmdev
April 21st, 2019, 05:09
Now that it's out and official, I wanna change my vote to AD&D 2E. :)

Wintermute
April 21st, 2019, 05:43
I will add it to the list. I've been working on a script that will extract the data from the rulesets and generate the datasets that I need. Once I'm done with that, new rulesets will be supported at a quicker pace.

btw: The Savage Worlds Beta Test is out. See this post for details (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48337-Theme-Designer-Beta-Testers-Needed&p=434730&viewfull=1#post434730).

Wintermute
May 1st, 2019, 19:06
Version 1.2.2 is officially out with theme support for the Savage Worlds and GURPS Rulesets. See Post #1 or download from bitbutcket (https://bitbucket.org/gmwintermute/gmw-campaign-toolkit-dl/downloads/)

DM Veitch
May 7th, 2019, 04:31
Add another user to test MoreCore version when ready good sir!
Amazing work! Can’t wait to get my hands on it!
Cheers!

James G. Patrick
May 12th, 2019, 18:48
Version 1.2.2 is officially out with theme support for the Savage Worlds and GURPS Rulesets. See Post #1 or download from bitbutcket (https://bitbucket.org/gmwintermute/gmw-campaign-toolkit-dl/downloads/)

The bennies section needs a clear image button. Also needs clarification on which stacks are being changed. Right now it is like shooting in the dark to change the stacked benny image.

Teotimus
May 15th, 2019, 11:24
The bennies section needs a clear image button. Also needs clarification on which stacks are being changed. Right now it is like shooting in the dark to change the stacked benny image.

+1 to this. In fact the stacked benny thing is quite a puzzle... I tried everything and it always shows the same, original image. The rest works quite fine, however. Thanks for this!

hawkwind
May 20th, 2019, 12:47
a vote for 2E

ProfDaemon
June 3rd, 2019, 14:54
Was just about to try to figure out xml / script coding and such then found this. You are doing god's work, thank you.

taoistpunk
June 3rd, 2019, 16:49
2E pleeeeeaaaasseeeee

thanks

ProfDaemon
June 3rd, 2019, 17:22
Also, my vote is for MoreCore if possible. Would make setting up WoD Campaigns so much easier.

YAKO SOMEDAKY
June 5th, 2019, 14:00
Thanks for add the GURPS!

Valyar
June 5th, 2019, 16:44
Is there possibility the program to be available as portable app without installer and using its own directory for all configuration and temp data (if any)?

EX0stasis
July 6th, 2019, 05:35
Hmm, I just might use this because the only theme I can bear to look at right now is the Simple Gray theme because it's the only one that doesn't have something bulging out from the top of the window taking up valuable screen space. Also, skeuomorphism is old and archaic.

Bidmaron
July 6th, 2019, 15:18
Also, skeuomorphism is old and archaic.

Perhaps you aren't, but most people use this program to play a game that takes people back to the old and archaic. Just sayin'....

Wintermute
July 7th, 2019, 03:44
Is there possibility the program to be available as portable app without installer and using its own directory for all configuration and temp data (if any)?

Sorry for the delay, I missed your post. I will check into making it portable. Got any recommendations for a starting point?

Wintermute
July 7th, 2019, 03:48
Also, skeuomorphism is old and archaic.

I learned something new today. I learned what skeuomorphism means. :)

Valyar
July 11th, 2019, 06:28
Sorry for the delay, I missed your post. I will check into making it portable. Got any recommendations for a starting point?
As I don't know how you compile the application and what and where you are writing information to when it comes to settings, the best solution for me is to have all files into a .zip. If you need to write config files to do it in files in the same directory as the executable (similar to the old .ini files). This will allow any user, even without admin rights to use the program from location in its profile.

kilma.ard.venom
July 12th, 2019, 20:49
This is awesome!
One more for MoreCore. Want to make something simple for the Expanse RPG.

graziano.girelli
July 13th, 2019, 20:44
Another one for MoreCore!

Wintermute
July 15th, 2019, 05:38
I'm about to make some people happy. MoreCore and CoC7E Support Have Been Added!

I've released two new updates over the weekend. Version 1.2.3 included CoC7e support, and I was able to get out Version 1.2.4 which has support for the MoreCore rulesets. Currently I am only supporting the graphics set by the ruleset only. If your MoreCore extension adds any additional buttons or graphics not defined by the ruleset, those images will not be changed. Support for MoreCore extensions is scheduled for a later update, so let me know what you would like to see next.

See Post #1 (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427) for full details or click here to download (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/download/)

graziano.girelli
July 16th, 2019, 13:35
I'm about to make some people happy. MoreCore and CoC7E Support Have Been Added!

I've released two new updates over the weekend. Version 1.2.3 included CoC7e support, and I was able to get out Version 1.2.4 which has support for the MoreCore rulesets. Currently I am only supporting the graphics set by the ruleset only. If your MoreCore extension adds any additional buttons or graphics not defined by the ruleset, those images will not be changed. Support for MoreCore extensions is scheduled for a later update, so let me know what you would like to see next.

See Post #1 (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427) for full details or click here to download (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/download/)

That's fantastic!!!!!
Thanks

damned
July 16th, 2019, 14:22
Nice work Wintermute

GunnarGreybeard
July 16th, 2019, 19:55

Sweet, now I can give my sorta, kinda HarnMaster ruleset some Harnic imagery and at least make it look good. ;)

kilma.ard.venom
July 17th, 2019, 19:03
Awesome sauce! Thank you for your work and efforts! Gonna try it out and wait for MoreCore extensions support.

Trenloe
July 17th, 2019, 19:48
... and wait for MoreCore extensions support.
See post #74 above!

garrion_sw
July 22nd, 2019, 19:41
This is a great product and has made making themes so easy. Thanks for all your work. I have a quick request if it has not been mentioned yet. How about adding support for GM Portrait and Character Sheet Logo (particularly for MoreCore)? I have been working on a couple MoreCore themes and adding those in manually is easy enough, but if you could add the function to this program I can see it being used frequently.

GunnarGreybeard
July 22nd, 2019, 19:51
This is a great product and has made making themes so easy. Thanks for all your work. I have a quick request if it has not been mentioned yet. How about adding support for GM Portrait and Character Sheet Logo (particularly for MoreCore)? I have been working on a couple MoreCore themes and adding those in manually is easy enough, but if you could add the function to this program I can see it being used frequently.
I would add a second vote for that. I had to create a 2nd extension and load both to get those extra images in my theme. Still, this tool is awesome.

Wintermute
July 22nd, 2019, 23:44
Glad your enjoying the software and thanks for the feedback. I've added your request to my issue tracker, and I will include it to the next release. The next version has several new features including support for drag and drop images.

Lets talk specifically about MoreCore for a moment. How do you use it? Running games like Doctor Who? Creating your own? Am I better off spending my time supporting existing MoreCore rulesets, or providing you the utilities to theme your own custom stuff?

garrion_sw
July 31st, 2019, 18:07
Glad your enjoying the software and thanks for the feedback. I've added your request to my issue tracker, and I will include it to the next release. The next version has several new features including support for drag and drop images.

Lets talk specifically about MoreCore for a moment. How do you use it? Running games like Doctor Who? Creating your own? Am I better off spending my time supporting existing MoreCore rulesets, or providing you the utilities to theme your own custom stuff?

I typically use MoreCore when running a generic system that does not have a created ruleset but Damned has created rollers for, such as AGE or PbtA games. The requested feature would also come in handy when making themes for various Savage settings. I tend to scour the web for graphics (wallpapers, banners, logos, etc.) for existing settings and use those when crafting a theme by cropping and resizing as needed. I don't spend much time in GIMP (or alternative) making up a bunch of custom or original graphics.

I hope that answered your question adequately.

yougotnick
August 23rd, 2019, 18:04
This looks great, thanks for the hard work! Does anyone know if it will work with the DCCRPG ruleset?

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2019, 03:55
This looks great, thanks for the hard work! Does anyone know if it will work with the DCCRPG ruleset?
Well according to the second sentence in the very first post;
Currently supported rulesets are 3.5e, 4e, 5e, PFRPG, CoreRPG, Cypher, Numenera, The Strange, Savage Worlds, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu 7e, MoreCore

yougotnick
August 24th, 2019, 03:57
Well according to the second sentence in the very first post;
Currently supported rulesets are 3.5e, 4e, 5e, PFRPG, CoreRPG, Cypher, Numenera, The Strange, Savage Worlds, GURPS, Call of Cthulhu 7e, MoreCore

Thank you - I saw that, of course. Didn't know if there'd been an update in the last month.

LordEntrails
August 24th, 2019, 03:59
Thank you - I saw that, of course. Didn't know if there'd been an update in the last month.
If it had been updated, then the first post would have been updated :)

Wintermute
August 26th, 2019, 19:10
To answer the question, No, DCC is not currently supported however I will add it to the wish list. There is an update coming in the next day or two. v1.2.5 adds 2e ruleset support, a chatbox utility, combines a couple of my other apps in one program, automatic updating, and lays the foundation for future and advanced features. :)

Wintermute
August 28th, 2019, 18:20
Version 1.2.5.206 is has been released. Added Decal Extension Maker, Background Theme Maker, Added Chatbox Checker, bugfixes, Added Drag/Drop and Image resizing to Decal Extension Maker, Recent Files list, Create Project Screen, Shortcut Keys, Added GM Token and Ruleset Logo to Basic Editor, D&D 2e support, bug fixes, Added build number to version number, Switched to Clickonce Installer, Automatic Updating

Currently supported rulesets: D&D 2e, 3.5e, 4e, 5e, Call of Cthulhu, CoreRPG, Cypher System, GURPS, MoreCore, Numenera, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, The Strange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NB6NV-APayw

I had to switch software installers, so you will need to uninstall any prior version before installing v1.2.5.206

Download here (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/gkum) or see post #1 (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427)

mattekure
September 4th, 2019, 03:08
Thank for you for this great tool. Does the current version support the sidebar style from the Curse of Strahd theme? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?36678-Curse-of-Strahd-Theme

I love the side bar without the images, just the names of the data types.

Wintermute
September 4th, 2019, 03:42
Thanks for the feedback, glad you find it of use. The most current version does not support it, however it's been on the to-do list since the beginning. I am currently adding support for the skinny sidebar to the toolkit. A new version should be out in a week or two depending on my work schedule. Stay tuned, it's coming!!

Can anyone tell me if that style of sidebar has a real name?

mattekure
September 4th, 2019, 14:04
Glad to hear it. Thank you for your work. For the name, the first I saw it was in Damned's CoS theme, so in my head I've always thought of it as the "damned sidebar". I am not aware of any other official name.

damned
September 4th, 2019, 14:18
Curse of Strahd theme was the first time it was used but Moon Wizard unlocked/opened up that api so it really should be his :)

Wintermute
September 4th, 2019, 14:31
I've called it the Damned sidebar a few times my self. And since Moon Wizard was responsible, we'll let him decide a name. lol

Wintermute
September 8th, 2019, 00:17
New Update: Compact sidebar buttons are now supported in v1.2.6.221 , added combat tracker image checker, Bugfix on CoC7E

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgPRbodUMN8

That's right, the Damned Moon Wizard compact style sidebar buttons made popular by the Curse of Strahd theme are now supported by my theme builder. Reclaim your sidebar and make skinny buttons.

The GMW Campaign Toolkit only supports compact sidebar buttons (110x26px) as images. Text labels are not supported at this time due to font licensing issues. Sorry, but you have to create your buttons in an image editor. Font support may be added in a later version.

damned
September 8th, 2019, 02:13
Awesome work. Nicely done.

Wintermute
September 8th, 2019, 02:33
Thanks

RavenSaint
September 11th, 2019, 12:53
Sadly, I am unable to download this application. Even though I am Admin to my own computer. It claims that the Admin has blocked this program from being installed from update.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com
While this does not make any sense, since so many others have been able to use this. I've tried turning off all of my security programs and even white listed the address. Nothing allows this program to download to my computer. I wish I knew what has changed since the first time I got one of the programs.

Wintermute
September 11th, 2019, 14:14
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Uninstall the current version and try to reinstall. If this doesn't resolve your problem, let me know.

Thanks.

Wintermute
September 16th, 2019, 20:41
I have updated the sample images available for download with the toolkit.

Samples images now include:

Solid-Color Backgrounds
square chatboxes
rounded chatboxes
hotbar images
square fullsize buttons
rounded fullsize button
square compact buttons
rounded compact buttons

Every sample image is provided in 467 colors. That's right, 3,736 files to get you started customizing your theme. All images are solid color with a black border.

You can download the new images by clicking here (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/4ots). Download link at bottom of page.

LordEntrails
September 16th, 2019, 21:22
Awesome! I hope you were able to automate that.

Wintermute
September 16th, 2019, 22:48
Oh yeah it was automated. Imagemagick and I are old friends. :) Image generation only takes a few minutes on the archaic laptop I used. I looped thru a list of named colors imagemagick supports and used convert to make the images.

Wintermute
September 29th, 2019, 17:35
Just Released v1.2.7.231 with Starfinder and Pathfinder 2 support. See post #1 (https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48071-GMW-Campaign-Toolkit-A-Theme-Builder-for-Fantasy-Grounds&p=427427&viewfull=1#post427427) for more details or download here (https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/gkum).

New Sample Images Available

I have expanded the sample images to include buttons (regular and compact), chatboxes, solid color backgrounds and more. All images have been released as public domain and you may use them however you wish. You can download the images as a zip from https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/gkum (Link towards bottom). Sample images are also available from the resources section of my website: https://www.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/fzzz

Conall
February 22nd, 2020, 12:24
Sorry to bump an old thread, I figured this was the right place to post. I just got into FG recently and already want to make my own theme with some tweaks so finding this program was great. :) I think I'm doing something wrong and I can't figure out what. I have tried looking in the FAQ and forums without figuring it out, so I was hoping someone could help.

I'm making a theme for Pathfinder 2e based on some open source themes I found, and have put in all the icons and pictures and things I want. When I load it into FG it seems like it's loading both my theme and the default pathfinder 2 theme on top of each other almost. The sidebar showing up (I left it blank) and the text covering my side buttons specifically. Anyone have an idea what I'm messing up?

Here's a screenshot to show what I mean. 31712

damned
February 22nd, 2020, 13:27
The Pathfinder 2E theme uses what I call the Curse of Strahd style theme which overlays the text on wider buttons.
I dont recall 100% but I think that the theme make can also make that style of button - i dont know if it can over ride them...

Dark_Soul
March 16th, 2020, 01:04
I haven't been through the full thread yet, but I have two questions about the sidebar buttons:

1: Does this allow small sidebar buttons for all rulesets? 3.5/PF1 in particular. EDIT: This appears to be possible?

2: How does this handle additional buttons added by Extensions? Are you able to make them small buttons as well?

damned
March 16th, 2020, 03:16
I haven't been through the full thread yet, but I have two questions about the sidebar buttons:

1: Does this allow small sidebar buttons for all rulesets? 3.5/PF1 in particular. EDIT: This appears to be possible?

2: How does this handle additional buttons added by Extensions? Are you able to make them small buttons as well?

You will need to experiment with loadorder I think....

Neal
March 21st, 2020, 14:25
Running into an issue during install. Windows 10 on a home PC. Google has been no help. I've tried turning off UAC and the Firewall.

LordEntrails
March 21st, 2020, 23:05
Running into an issue during install. Windows 10 on a home PC. Google has been no help. I've tried turning off UAC and the Firewall.

You are going to have to go into your security settings and allow unsigned applications to install. Not sure where :( and might be related to any security software you are using. I can't find the setting on my computer (just updated to Win 10 a week ago) so can't tell you more, sorry.

Neal
March 23rd, 2020, 00:43
You are going to have to go into your security settings and allow unsigned applications to install. Not sure where :( and might be related to any security software you are using. I can't find the setting on my computer (just updated to Win 10 a week ago) so can't tell you more, sorry.

Found the answer!
https://superuser.com/questions/1252575/unable-to-install-clickonce-application-due-to-security-settings-windows-10

LordEntrails
March 23rd, 2020, 04:44
Found the answer!
https://superuser.com/questions/1252575/unable-to-install-clickonce-application-due-to-security-settings-windows-10
Awesome! Thanks for posting the answer and happy gaming!!!

Xanderghul
March 24th, 2020, 17:42
It is compatible FGU ?

Wintermute
March 26th, 2020, 19:33
Everything should work with unity. If you have any issues, post them here and I'll get the corrected.

Wintermute
March 26th, 2020, 19:37
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes it will handle compact sidebar buttons in the supported rulesets, including PF1/35e

Currently it does not handle additional buttons added by the extensions. I am adding support for the DOE suite. What extension are you using?

Dark_Soul
March 31st, 2020, 06:36
Sorry for the delay in replying. Yes it will handle compact sidebar buttons in the supported rulesets, including PF1/35e

Currently it does not handle additional buttons added by the extensions. I am adding support for the DOE suite. What extension are you using?Damned's Player Agency extension(s): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

And the NPC Factory extension from the Pathfinder Advanced Bestiary. The extension itself is available in this thread, post #4: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46793-Advanced-Bestiary-NPC-Factory-for-3-5

damned
March 31st, 2020, 09:26
Hola Wintermute - what info do you need for this re: Player Agency?

Trenloe
March 31st, 2020, 09:30
I am adding support for the DOE suite.
I wouldn't recommend doing that - these are no longer publicly available or supported by the developer.

Wintermute
March 31st, 2020, 20:51
Great, these are no problem to add. I'll have them in the next release.

Damned's Player Agency extension(s): https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?54284-Player-Agency-Extension

And the NPC Factory extension from the Pathfinder Advanced Bestiary. The extension itself is available in this thread, post #4: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?46793-Advanced-Bestiary-NPC-Factory-for-3-5

Wintermute
March 31st, 2020, 20:54
Howdy Damned, Just the button names, but I was able to find them from graphics_icon file. Congratulations on the new extension.

Hola Wintermute - what info do you need for this re: Player Agency?

Wintermute
March 31st, 2020, 20:56
Thanks Trenloe, I've been away from the forums for a bit and that was brought to my attention.

I wouldn't recommend doing that - these are no longer publicly available or supported by the developer.

daddystabz
April 6th, 2020, 22:46
Is it possible to leave everything to the default for a ruleset but just change the background? I'd like the Savage Worlds default look to load when I run Savage Worlds but when I run a pirates game in SW I want it to load the jolly roger background I created.

daddystabz
April 6th, 2020, 23:00
Thank you for all the hard work, btw!

Mortar
April 6th, 2020, 23:03
All themes go in the extensions folder

LordEntrails
April 6th, 2020, 23:36
Is it possible to leave everything to the default for a ruleset but just change the background? I'd like the Savage Worlds default look to load when I run Savage Worlds but when I run a pirates game in SW I want it to load the jolly roger background I created.
Why not just make a decal? If this tool doesn't make one, there is a simple tutorial about half way down this page; https://www.fg-con.com/free-downloads/

Wintermute
April 6th, 2020, 23:57
There are two ways to do it.
1. Create a basic theme and just set the background image. When you create the theme, only the items you change will get overridden.
2. Use the background theme maker function of the toolkit. Quick and easy background replacement.

daddystabz
April 7th, 2020, 03:12
Thanks!

Does anyone have any nice semi-transparent buttons for the side buttons where the library and things are?

daddystabz
April 7th, 2020, 04:24
Is it possible to open a .pak file and extract the buttons from a ruleset I own and like into another one I am working on in the theme maker program?

LordEntrails
April 7th, 2020, 04:35
rename it to .zip and then open it

rgk13
April 8th, 2020, 20:38
Hi Wintermute,
I would love to be able to use your tool kit but I have tried to install and it just does not want to... I'm running win10 and I even tried to close my bitdefender not to interfere with the software install... Can anyone shed some light on this? When I try to run the .exe file it just gives me the hourglass and freezes. I can still access other windows and software on my PC but that window is just stuck in an ethernal loop. The only way to shut it is ctl+alt+del. Help anyone?

Wintermute
April 8th, 2020, 22:29
Replying to your private message.

Hi Wintermute,
I would love to be able to use your tool kit but I have tried to install and it just does not want to... I'm running win10 and I even tried to close my bitdefender not to interfere with the software install... Can anyone shed some light on this? When I try to run the .exe file it just gives me the hourglass and freezes. I can still access other windows and software on my PC but that window is just stuck in an ethernal loop. The only way to shut it is ctl+alt+del. Help anyone?

RavenSaint
April 9th, 2020, 17:05
Hi Wintermute,

The way I handle this most times on my Win10 system is try running the .exe file(s) using admin. I'll set the properties to run as admin, then right click the .exe to run it as admin. That way it allows a few other aspects of protection that is not immediately seen by even the admin to be removed from the process. If that does not work, then it might be a file that is missing in the installation folder. Other choice is to run it in compatibility with one of the other OS. I'd start with 8.1 and work my way backwards until one of them allow you to run as admin. With Win10, it will usually be 8.1. I hope this works. Make sure you are not trying to do compatibility with a shortcut.

rgk13
April 9th, 2020, 17:09
The way I handle this most times on my Win10 system is try running the .exe file(s) using admin. I'll set the properties to run as admin, then right click the .exe to run it as admin. That way it allows a few other aspects of protection that is not immediately seen by even the admin to be removed from the process. If that does not work, then it might be a file that is missing in the installation folder. Other choice is to run it in compatibility with one of the other OS. I'd start with 8.1 and work my way backwards until one of them allow you to run as admin. With Win10, it will usually be 8.1. I hope this works. Make sure you are not trying to do compatibility with a shortcut.

Thank you RavenSaint. I was talking with Wintermute and that is what he sugested but you are also right in saying that when I created a shortcut it would not start so I need to go directly in my start menu and start as admin and it works fine.

daddystabz
April 12th, 2020, 07:00
Every time I try to open a project I've already done, it cannot open an Extension. When you save the project, it save as an extension. Does it also save as one of other file types somewhere by default that allows you to open?

daddystabz
April 12th, 2020, 07:41
I guess I should have been saving the projects separately after saving the extension. I just learned this, LOL.

Mortar
April 12th, 2020, 09:24
An extension file is just a zip file. Change the .ext to .zip and unpack it.

When you are done, make sure to zip up the contents of the folder, not the folder itself. Rename it to a .ext file.

If you use 7zip make sure to use the zip format and not 7zip's format. FG can't read a file in that format.

Wintermute
April 12th, 2020, 13:07
This is correct. You will need to save your theme as a project file in order to make changes in the future. The theme builder will not import themes from .ext files.

I guess I should have been saving the projects separately after saving the extension. I just learned this, LOL.

GunnarGreybeard
April 12th, 2020, 15:20

LOL, I've had to redo multiple theme projects because I forgot to do that. I make that mistake a lot less now.

phillgamboa
April 14th, 2020, 21:00
I have a SQL error, the program close and dont work.

Wintermute
April 14th, 2020, 23:00
Sorry to hear that you are having issues. Providing the error message that pops up before the program closes would be most helpful.

Without know the specific error, you might want to try running as administrator and see if that fixes the problem.

I have a SQL error, the program close and dont work.

Loko
April 26th, 2020, 19:27
Hello,

I am so excited to use your Toolkit but unfortunately, it does not want to work for me. I have followed your tutorial videos to the letter, but when I launch FG Classic, I get an error code (FGC Error 1).
I am running no other extensions except 'Windows Saver' and my Theme made from the toolkit. I am even running it on the sample 5e campaign in Fantasy grounds.
I saw that you asked another user to include the error message after FG Classic booted up. I have included that as well. (FGC Error 2)

I look forward to fixing this issue and using your awesome toolkit

Loko

Wintermute
April 26th, 2020, 22:09
At first glance, try taking the ' out of the theme name and see if that works. If not, email me (sent it via PM) a copy of your ext and I'll see what's up.

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 03:30
Tried downloading. Keeps failing due to network error. Not on my end. I'm able to use other sites just fine.

damned
May 12th, 2020, 04:02
Downloads fine here.

Wintermute
May 12th, 2020, 04:34
I just checked the download and it works fine. Try downloading it again.

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 14:20
So I did some digging. Actually your site is being blocked due to infected web resource at your domain pages for download and the kit itself according to my network security stuff. Is your site secure? I even got a notice directly from our ISP.

Wintermute
May 12th, 2020, 15:52
I have ran a complete check on the website and my wordpress security software is showing no infections or deviations from the wordpress core files. I have downloaded the entire site, along with all software related files and they are showing clean. So a little more information would be great. Can you send me output from your network tool and the notice from your isp? My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

So I did some digging. Actually your site is being blocked due to infected web resource at your domain pages for download and the kit itself according to my network security stuff. Is your site secure? I even got a notice directly from our ISP.

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 17:59
I have ran a complete check on the website and my wordpress security software is showing no infections or deviations from the wordpress core files. I have downloaded the entire site, along with all software related files and they are showing clean. So a little more information would be great. Can you send me output from your network tool and the notice from your isp? My email address is [email protected]

Thanks

Hi Wintermute,

I can't send you the notice from the ISP because it came from their app. However the security software simply states "infected web source". Attached a screenshot. Similar messages appear when I try to navigate most other areas of your site.

Wintermute
May 12th, 2020, 18:03
What security software are you using?

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 18:05
What security software are you using?

BitDefender. ISP is COX. Notifications came from both sources independently. Just an FYI.

LordEntrails
May 12th, 2020, 19:39
FYI, I use Cox (but with their Advanced Security turned off) and Avast. Cox has not given any issues (but it sound like the notice is coming from AS) and Avast scanned the downloaded files as clean.

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 19:52
FYI, I use Cox (but with their Advanced Security turned off) and Avast. Cox has not given any issues (but it sound like the notice is coming from AS) and Avast scanned the downloaded files as clean.

Good to note. I won't be turning off any security features though. 99% of everything I need to do works perfectly fine. Rather than open myself up to complete risk, I'd rather the isolated site or server look into whatever their issue is or perhaps find another alternative to distribute their content.

Wintermute
May 12th, 2020, 20:44
Thanks. For everyone following this thread, here is what I have found out.

I have been on the phone with our hosting company for a couple of hours while investigating this issue. They have performed numerous scans and checks on our server equipment and have said that the website and server are clean. I have checked the site with Wordfence security (Premium version) and the scans have come up clean. I have also checked all toolkit and website files with the following anti-virus programs: Kaspersky, McAfee, Trendmicro, Clamav, Avast, Windows Defender, F-secure, and Bitdefender. All showed clean except for bitdefender when accessing the site, however bitdefender scanning the files locally showed that the toolkit itself was clean.

Bitdefender does not show enough information to futher investigate the issue. Since all the other anti-virus programs show no issue, I have to conclude that this is a false positive and not an actual problem. Our hosting company, and myself, will continue to monitor this situation. Should anyone have any problems/notifications from other virus programs please let me know.

Thanks

Wintermute

VFXTobias
May 12th, 2020, 23:06
Thanks. For everyone following this thread, here is what I have found out.

I have been on the phone with our hosting company for a couple of hours while investigating this issue. They have performed numerous scans and checks on our server equipment and have said that the website and server are clean. I have checked the site with Wordfence security (Premium version) and the scans have come up clean. I have also checked all toolkit and website files with the following anti-virus programs: Kaspersky, McAfee, Trendmicro, Clamav, Avast, Windows Defender, F-secure, and Bitdefender. All showed clean except for bitdefender when accessing the site, however bitdefender scanning the files locally showed that the toolkit itself was clean.

Bitdefender does not show enough information to futher investigate the issue. Since all the other anti-virus programs show no issue, I have to conclude that this is a false positive and not an actual problem. Our hosting company, and myself, will continue to monitor this situation. Should anyone have any problems/notifications from other virus programs please let me know.

Thanks

Wintermute

Thank you so much for all your work looking into this. At least know we know for sure. I have disabled BitDefender and downloaded the toolkit. I feel more confident that it's safer to do so after your efforts. Thank you again!

damned
May 12th, 2020, 23:27
There are three ways to handle executable files from a security stand point.

1. You only allow known good executables
2. You only block known bad executables
3. You run unknown files in a sandbox to test before allowing access

Your ISP seems to have gone with option 1, or there is an issue with the file that no one else has reported, or there is a false positive being detected.

VFXTobias
May 13th, 2020, 14:38
Wintermute, where is your server based? Is it in Ireland?

Helstaag
May 14th, 2020, 05:53
Please help, how can I fix this?

damned
May 14th, 2020, 07:59
Make it as a DECAL instead of a background.

Helstaag
May 14th, 2020, 23:11
That worked for a full image. But what is causing the background image to stretch like that?

damned
May 15th, 2020, 05:07
it looks like it is tiling the last pixel on the right and bottom edges.

heathanking
June 9th, 2020, 18:14
Ok so I've been using this and most of it is working great, the decal, buttons, dice tower...however the background is becoming a garbled nonsensical mess....its the ONLY one i can't get to look right....I'm just trying to do a textured background and it continues to tile and distort....any advice? I'm having the same issue Helstaag is having

Wintermute
June 10th, 2020, 22:30
I'll be happy to take a look at it and see what the issue is. Can you send me your background image either thru discord (Wintermute#3538) or email ([email protected]). Thanks

heathanking
June 10th, 2020, 22:44
Ok I will send it. However I think I know what the issue might be. I have a newer monitor, with ultra HD, now when I lower my display setting to 1920 x 1080 it worked fine....but when I reverted back to higher display setting it warped it.

Tycandus
June 14th, 2020, 00:27
Is anyone else having issues with virus protection. Bitdefender jumps all over both the site (which I bypassed bitdefender on), and then the install.

here is the error that BD is sending:

Online Threat Prevention

We blocked this dangerous page for your protection:
https://update.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/
Accessed by: dfsvc.exe
Dangerous pages attempt to install software that can harm the device, gather personal information or operate without your consent.

This is the error that the installer threw; Seems like BD cut the connection, and wouldn't let it be downloaded:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 10.0.18363.0 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
clr.dll : 4.8.4180.0 built by: NET48REL1LAST_B
dfdll.dll : 4.8.3752.0 built by: NET48REL1
dfshim.dll : 10.0.18362.1 (WinBuild.160101.0800)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///D:/themebuilder/GMW%20Campaign%20Toolkit.application
Deployment Provider url : https://update.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/updates/GMW%20Campaign%20Toolkit.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of D:\themebuilder\GMW Campaign Toolkit.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ Downloading https://update.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/updates/GMW Campaign Toolkit.application did not succeed.
+ The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
+ Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
* The manifest for this application does not have a signature. Signature validation will be ignored.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [6/13/2020 6:32:23 PM] : Activation of D:\themebuilder\GMW Campaign Toolkit.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [6/13/2020 6:32:23 PM] System.Deployment.Application.DeploymentDownloadEx ception (Unknown subtype)
- Downloading https://update.gmwcampaigntoolkit.com/updates/GMW Campaign Toolkit.application did not succeed.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadAllFiles()
at System.Deployment.Application.FileDownloader.Downl oad(SubscriptionState subState, X509Certificate2 clientCertificate)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadManifestAsRawFile(Uri& sourceUri, String targetPath, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Foll owDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.Down loadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl, Uri& deploymentUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatch Info.Throw()
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .PerformDeploymentActivationWithRetry(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator .ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Net.WebException
- The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at System.Deployment.Application.SystemNetDownloader. DownloadSingleFile(DownloadQueueItem next)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.IO.IOException
- Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
- Source: System
- Stack trace:
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBefore NextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(B yte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBefore NextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessReceivedBlob(B yte[] buffer, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(B oolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication (LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(Exec utionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionCon text executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Net.TlsStream.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsy ncResult result)
at System.Net.TlsStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Write(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.ConnectStream.WriteHeaders(Boolean async)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.

Tycandus
June 14th, 2020, 00:38
The dfsvc.exe process is what's triggering the error. It's a no longer used process in the windows Operating System that is often used by people who write malware, they co-opt it, write in their code, and let it be distributed. Since the file is a windows OS file, most systems don't recognize it as an issue.

Wintermute
June 14th, 2020, 03:38
Bitdefender has given some issues in the past, look at post 152 in this thread. The files are clean, and dfsvc.exe is part of the .net framework which this application is built in, so I am not sure how to correct this issue for bitdefender users.

Tycandus
June 14th, 2020, 04:47
Saw that and I'm moving past it, just thought you may like to know exactly what file is causing it, to see if you can work with BD or something of that sort, with that information.

ArrowKnow
August 10th, 2020, 21:26
Hello, I have been enjoying your wonderful theme maker but I have run into an issue. I was able to change all of the sidebar buttons except for the assets button. I do not see anything named that in the list and when I change the button_tokencase images nothing happens. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using version 1.2.7.231 with the savage worlds basic theme.

cboillot
August 17th, 2020, 18:29
Has there been any word on the background image issue? I'm wondering, does FG not repeat the image if the image is smaller then the screen resolution?

cboillot
August 17th, 2020, 18:46
Has there been any word on the background image issue? I'm wondering, does FG not repeat the image if the image is smaller then the screen resolution?

I think I found the answer, FG will tile a 1920×1080 image, but if its smaller than that, you get the repeated last pixel, until it hits the 1920×1080 size, then it will repeat that 1920×1080 section.

Ranzaad
October 2nd, 2020, 20:46
Cant use the app. 39891

Wintermute
October 3rd, 2020, 16:15
Try running as administrator and see if that fixes it.

Ranzaad
October 13th, 2020, 06:11
I can run setup.exe as administrator, but GMW Campaign Toolkit.application I cannot. For some reason the file just doesn't have the option. However setup.exe as admin didnt change anything, same error. Thanks for the reply anyhow.

zombietots
October 17th, 2020, 10:59
I am using FGU and I am very new. I was wondering why I can't get the spells and background buttons to appear on MoreCore? I was able to change the color of one of the buttons, so I know that part works. Please help

Wintermute
October 18th, 2020, 17:49
Can you post a screenshot of what you are seeing? Thanks

zombietots
October 19th, 2020, 13:29
40326 It doesn't appear, and I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do.

damned
October 19th, 2020, 14:18
Spells and Backgrounds do not exist in MoreCore

guyriessen
December 18th, 2020, 21:21
Hi, thanks for the fun tool!

I was able to change all the sidebar buttons except the Assets button. There doesn't seem to be an entry for it so there's no way to assign a new graphic

thanks!

Theodar
December 27th, 2020, 10:15
Hi, very great work. Is it possible to load the images from the DnD 5e Ruleset and export it for an other Ruleset? If not, can anybody tell me where I can find the images of the DnD Ruleset?
Thank you very much!

damned
December 27th, 2020, 10:34
The D&D rulesets are in your /rulesets folder
If you are after the wizards theme you cannot access those images

GunnarGreybeard
February 17th, 2021, 14:53
Am I correct in guessing the GMW Campaign Toolkit will need a rewrite in order to accommodate the new text based sidebar buttons? Just asking as I'm starting to work up my next campaign and like to make a theme to fit each campaign I run.

Draconism
October 10th, 2021, 08:49
Hello there! First of all, thank you for prodiving this beautiful software to us having visual customization on our games! I really love the functionality!
But right now, I have a weird problem with the software which I don't have any knowledge to resolve.
I was using the application months ago with no any issues, but right now, when I try to install it, I encounter these issues:
https://prnt.sc/1vjn3yt this happens when I try to run setup.exe
https://prnt.sc/1vjn9pz this happens when I try to run application

All I understood is there's a SQL Database/Server connection issue, but I don't know how to fix that. Anyone knows anything about it?

ChrisRevocateur
October 10th, 2021, 09:52
Download the installer for SQL Server Express 2016, run it, "Download media to install Later," choose the "LocalDB" option for what you're downloading. After it's downloaded, open the folder, run the SQLLocalDB.msi. That will install the prerequisite.

Draconism
October 10th, 2021, 10:14
Thank you alot! This solved my issue. Never had to do that before, but I guess I had it via another installment maybe.

ChrisRevocateur
October 10th, 2021, 17:42
The installer for the Campaign Toolkit seems to be pointing to the wrong place for the prerequisite. Not surprised that Microsoft moved it somewhere else and broke this.

Wintermute
October 11th, 2021, 16:37
I've been working on a fix, and Chris was right, microsoft changed the link. I have posted a new upload and the problem should be fixed.

chatty
December 21st, 2021, 23:23
I've been working on a fix, and Chris was right, microsoft changed the link. I have posted a new upload and the problem should be fixed.

Is there a way to log the install? On my Win10 laptop it's failing silently. And when I try to install the SQL thing from the zip file, the installer is in Spanish for some reason. I have an earlier version on a VM I might be able to use, but I'd love to get this working.

Thanks

CRH

Wintermute
December 22nd, 2021, 04:29
Ok, the spanish is a new bug, thanks for letting me know I'll check into it.

You need .net v4.6.1 (Copy in the zip file you downloaded), and you can download SqlLocalDB from here: https://download.microsoft.com/download/9/0/7/907AD35F-9F9C-43A5-9789-52470555DB90/ENU/SqlLocalDB.msi

If you have any other issues, contact me directly on discord. Wintermute#3538

Fot5
January 14th, 2022, 23:36
I just downloaded this tool, and I successfully installed it and used it to create a theme. Very nice! However, I cannot figure out how to save a project. I can save the extension, but where do I save a project so that I can open it later? The "Make Theme" button only saves my work as an extension, but "Open Project" seems to be looking for files that have a different extension. I cannot figure out how to save files so that they have that extension.

Thanks in advance.

FrodoB
February 6th, 2022, 16:42
On the top left corner you have a "File" option where you should be able to save and load.

However, that seems to not always work - my program crashes whenever I use that to load a project, so try it out before creating an extensive project! I've sent a crash report to Wintermute.

guyriessen
February 11th, 2022, 18:48
I updated the GNW Campaign Toolkit with a new BG image (call of cthulhu) but I can't find a way to remove the generic Chaosium Call of Cthulhu decal from the center of my FG play area. Are we stuck with the decal in the center? I tried adding my own 600x600 decal in an attempt to replace it, but that didn't seem to do anything at all. Anyone know how to remove the center decal?

Meliath1742
March 1st, 2022, 11:01
I know it just hit the market, and it's something of a niche market, but any chance of adding ICONS Assembled to the list of rulesets?

similarly
October 16th, 2022, 02:28
I know it just hit the market, and it's something of a niche market, but any chance of adding ICONS Assembled to the list of rulesets?

I would second this. I would like to try making a theme for ICONS.

frozzzt
October 24th, 2022, 02:37
1) Anyone else is having a issue that decals created by toolkit doesn't load on the "background decal" feature? right now, I can't create decals because doesn't load FG.

2) About background size, I was trying to edit the "graphics_frames.xml" to allow images bigger than "1920x1080px", changing the sizes here. Anyone have a idea to make it work? not worked for me. (after I zip the files in a pack, the "file.ext" doesn't get recognized by FG)

<framedef name = "desktop" >
<bitmap file="graphics/frames/wall_spelljammer_02.jpg"/>
<top rect = "0, 0, 1920, 1080" />
<middle rect = "0, 1080, 1920, 200" />
</framedef>

damned
October 24th, 2022, 03:04
You no longer set Decals via extension. You can load any image that FG can see as a Decal now.

When you zip up the extension dont include the parent folder, start at the the level of the extension.xml file.
Make sure you only use ZIP compression and you rename the file correctly - eg its not called mytheme.ext.zip

frozzzt
October 24th, 2022, 05:09
Thank you! I just found the thread explaining how use decals. https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?66111-Love-the-new-option-to-set-custom-decal/page2

and I missed the compression before, now I got this. Thx!

Wintermute
October 27th, 2022, 18:02
I will check into adding ICONS support.

similarly
October 28th, 2022, 00:01
I will check into adding ICONS support.

Thank you! Much appreciated!

DeDiceManCometh
February 3rd, 2023, 19:35
The website is not initiating a download. Screen flashes and reloads (floaty buttons move into place). Tried three different browsers. Am I missing a key step?

EDIT: Found a way to do it. Had to use Edge browser, hit F12 for developer mode, and then I could see the actual *.zip file. So I manually downloaded from that. But, yeah, you should look into the web page... the download buttons don't automatically work -- and the zip file itself is not
very prominent at all.

Wintermute
February 4th, 2023, 02:37
No, we've made some web hosting changes lately, and this site was low priority. Your not missing anything, thanks for letting me know. I'll redo the download links.

The website is not initiating a download. Screen flashes and reloads (floaty buttons move into place). Tried three different browsers. Am I missing a key step?

EDIT: Found a way to do it. Had to use Edge browser, hit F12 for developer mode, and then I could see the actual *.zip file. So I manually downloaded from that. But, yeah, you should look into the web page... the download buttons don't automatically work -- and the zip file itself is not
very prominent at all.

SmackDaddy
February 4th, 2023, 17:31
Mind sharing the download link via PM if not here? Might take some time for them to fix the website (the same thing happened to me but I hadn't a clue where Developer Mode" is concerned). Thanks.

Wintermute
February 4th, 2023, 19:06
I have updated the website. Downloads are now valid.

Mind sharing the download link via PM if not here? Might take some time for them to fix the website (the same thing happened to me but I hadn't a clue where Developer Mode" is concerned). Thanks.

UrsaTeddy
February 5th, 2023, 13:54
On your downloads page you show the three icons for the different OSes (Windows, Mac OS, Linux), however the download seems to be Windows only.

Is this correct? Why are the icons there? Or am I missing something?

Wintermute
February 5th, 2023, 15:03
Several users have verified the windows app will run on Mac using the Crossover app. For linux, you have to run it under Wine.

UrsaTeddy
February 5th, 2023, 15:05
Okay ... so it only runs under Windows (emulated or otherwise).

That clears up the confusion.

Thank you.

Hjorimir
March 6th, 2023, 18:36
I downloaded the toolkit this morning, but it seems like I'm denied from opening it. I don't think this is on my side (I can open other ZIP files). Is there a chance that you locked this by accident?

Trenloe
March 6th, 2023, 22:14
I downloaded the toolkit this morning, but it seems like I'm denied from opening it. I don't think this is on my side (I can open other ZIP files). Is there a chance that you locked this by accident?
I've just downloaded from the link in post #1 and can open it fine. You've probably got some security software marking downloads from unknown sites as requiring additional steps to be able to use - check under the right-click options for the file to see if there is a security option you need to select to allow you to open it.

Hjorimir
March 6th, 2023, 22:28
Huh, okay. I'll keep working on it. Thanks, Trenloe!

Wintermute
March 7th, 2023, 12:23
I just checked the zip file and it opened without any problems. As Trenloe pointed out it, it could be your security software.

pat
October 28th, 2023, 18:51
What happened to the site? It looks like the domain expired or the hosting account was suspended.

SmackDaddy
November 4th, 2023, 16:50
What happened to the site? It looks like the domain expired or the hosting account was suspended.

Says the site has been suspended: This Account has been suspended.

johnecc
November 5th, 2023, 07:24
I contacted the site owner back in Sept to advise him that the site was infected with a virus. Last I heard from him was that he was trying to fix it.

pat
December 24th, 2023, 23:51
That's a shame. I can't use the app anymore because it can't verify application requirements (looks like it's trying to do an update) and then the app just shutdown.