PDA

View Full Version : LFP GM-UL LF 4-5 players for Saturday game of Lost Mine of Phandelver

Afearthenrut
February 23rd, 2019, 01:58
FG License: Ultimate

Game System: D&D 5E

Time Zone: Pacific Time Zone (UTC-8)

Day, frequency, time: Saturday starting March 2nd, 8pm - 12am

Term: Module, possibly beyond depending on group cohesion

Voice: Discord

Livestreamed: Not to start, maybe after I get a session or two under my belt

Recorded: Yes, if I have the storage available

Roleplay vs. Combat: 50/50

Number of Players: GAME FULL

Starting level and EQ.: As 1st level character, background and class determined

Characters: You can take one of the premades available from the module on game day, roll up a PC before the game session with me, or make a 27 pointer on your own

Scenario: Forgotten Realms, Lost Mine of Phandelver module. I expect the players to commit to the game (vacations and emergencies aside), have no prior module information, newbs are a-ok.

Link to Gamecalendar page: Send me a DM to get discord server info <-- game full join anyway for future fun

timwglass
February 23rd, 2019, 04:25
I've signed up for this. I'm going to post my backstory here for others to peruse. I'm really looking forward to fully jumping into the D&D realm. We've gotta great group beginning!

Celeif's a 23-year-old human ranger.

Celeif Jenel's backstory:
As a boy, he had never imagined anywhere but his little his little village. He would work the farm like his father. Maybe he would learn to mend leather.

The little village of Kinallen sat south east of Murann, on the peninsula of Velen that crept out into the sea. To the northeast, far beyond The Small Teeth, lay the city of Athkatla, the gemstone of Amn. He would walk along the shores of the Tarseth Bay, north of the village, and he would imagine what lay beyond the horizon, would try to imagine what Athkatla might look like, and other sights he would never see.

But Celeif Jenel had talents that were too big for a small village.

He was only eight when he first lifted a bow. The village was celebrating the harvest with a fair. There were many games, but something about the bow called to him. When he lifted it to shoot at the straw goblin with the painted red angry face, the world seemed to stand still. The bow felt a part of him, an extension of his hand and mind. Celief had barely aimed before he released the arrow. He simply knew where he wanted it to go, and when he let loose the string, it went there.

“Can you do that again?” his father asked. And Celeif did.

And that was that. The harvest ended. The games ended. Life went back to normal. Celeif practiced with the bow.

But the bow was not Celeif’s only talent.

He was 11 when the lean summer came. Crops refused to yield their treasure. The animals thinned. The villages thinned. Some newborns died.

It was that summer when the wolves came. Sneaking into the village in the wee hours of the morning, or as twilight of dusk came, wolves began taking the animals the villagers needed. The men of the village tried to hunt the wolves, but could not track them.

They laughed when Celeif said he knew where the wolves were. How could this young boy possibly know what the men did not? They laughed when he said he was going to track them and kill them. Celeif’s father did not laugh. He knew the strength of his son’s will.
Armed only with a bow and a hammer the family had for repairing farm tools, Celeif left his village with the laughter of old fools ringing in his ears.

After eight days, the old men no longer laughed. They consoled Celeif’s father. They talked of death.

The old men, half-starving from the lean summer and half cursing the gods for their cruelty, were gathered at the large fire in the village square as the sun began to fade behind the horizon when Celeif returned. He dropped five wolf pelts on the ground before them. A sixth lay on his shoulders, the wolf’s head resting on Celeif’s left shoulder. In his hand he held firm the bow. The hammer on his belt was bloody. The determination in the boy’s eyes was an unmovable mountain reaching the heavens.

Whatever Celeif had thought his life in the village might have been when he was younger, the gods had called him for something different. He was the youngest archer the village had ever turned to for defense.

He was 14 when the soldiers from Murann came.Fourteen when the villagers praised his skills before the soldiers, and he was tested, and he was taken from the village.

“You have gifts,” his father told him. “You must use them to aid those who cannot aid themselves.”

By 21, Celeif was highly regarded among the Harbor Guard of Murann. There were no shortage of skirmishes and enemies to track in The Small Teeth. It was in his twenty-first winter that Celeif left the city of Murann and its army ranks. His talents could not be abandoned. Before long he found himself putting his them to use for others.

tuxfoo
February 23rd, 2019, 04:40
I have also signed up for this,

My character is Mirfal Benosel, human wizard.

Backstory:

Mirfal Benosel grew up in Baldur's Gate in a middle class merchant's family with his father(Ovir) and older sister(Birala), his mother died of a illness when Mirfal was just a baby.

Growing up Mirfal was interested in history, music and magic. His father encouraged this and hired Rehner Remmo, one of the best tutors in Baldur's Gate for an education. From Rehner he learned about the world, practical skills and some instruments. Rehner did not know a lot about magic but did teach Mirfal how to go about learning magic and it turned out Mirfal had a natural knack for it.

Rehner liked to form study groups for his most learned students and so when Mirfal was 12 Rehner formed a small group for Mirfal to study in. The group consisted of 6 students; one of which was Ava Anila from a Noble family. Mirfal fell in love with Ava. Mirfal did not get along with his study group but Ava was always very nice to Mirfal, she was nice to everybody. He tried to keep his feeling to himself, waiting to make something of himself before trying to court her. Mirfal waited too long, Ava married a guard named Baf Dheko. Heartbroken, Mirfal left Baldurs Gate at age 20 to live by himself.

During Mirfals time in isolation, he mostly studied. Sometimes his sister would visit him and bring supplies. Mirfal only returned to Baldurs Gate once to check up on Ava Dheko while using a disguise he got from a spell, she was very happy and had 2 children.

At age 35 Mirfal had enough of his life of seclusion and decided to search for adventure. What adventures await him?

Afearthenrut
February 24th, 2019, 01:26
Bumping due to the new game start and end time: 8pm-12am

Have two people guaranteed with characters fully fleshed out as you see above, have two tentative (may play) who haven't done anything yet. All other info is the same.

Happy Gaming,
GM M.

Afearthenrut
February 24th, 2019, 20:27
One spot left available in the game, preferably a healer class.

FaulteringElf
February 25th, 2019, 00:07
im looking for a game tonight i can quickly get a healer going. i do have the DM Points to do a lvl 3 (AL Leagal) if you play AL

Afearthenrut
February 25th, 2019, 00:10
im looking for a game tonight i can quickly get a healer going. i do have the DM Points to do a lvl 3 (AL Leagal) if you play AL

Pleast read the first posting in the thread as it has all of the details about the game, time / date start, etc... The module is for characters just starting out at 1st level; I am not apart of AL, this is my 1st game.

cmilesjr
February 25th, 2019, 01:02
I'm interested in playing if you have room for one more?

Mirikal
February 25th, 2019, 02:05
DM sent, with requests for assorted bits of information. One Cleric (Life) of Lliira, Goddess of Joy awaiting the call to arms.

1bighammer
February 25th, 2019, 18:03
Please no more requests or private messages for spots. When this happens the player list is full.
Thank you everyone who posted and showed interest.