PDA

View Full Version : Shadowrun 5e (MoreCore Extension)

superteddy57
February 23rd, 2019, 01:21
Hi Folks

NOTICE

It has been a pleasure working on this and seeing the many players enjoy it and have fun. rmilmine will be taking over as lead for this project moving forward.

You can access his thread moving forward here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58116-Shadowrun-5e-(MoreCore-Extension)&p=511129#post511129

I will be closing this thread so as to not complicate things. As always, happy gaming!

OLD UPDATES
I think this extension is in a state that will allow gameplay and the key elements are there* I just need some feedback* This one has taught me a whole bunch and I think it shows from my other attempts* I will be using what I learned from this one with my other extensions to help improve them* Well without further delay here is my newest contribution*

*ATTACH=CONFIG*28203**ATTACH*

***Things still needing work***
*Auto calculation of Essence loss from augmentations
*NPCs Limit on skill rolls
*Skill Groups
*CT

***2*24*2019***
v0*9*1
* Fixed export issue with all the new record types*
* Lowered size of link button on story records

***6*21*2019***
v0*9*2
Updated some ways of getting the data more visible for the GM to create NPCs and Items* This may break some created NPCs and Items* There are now drop down boxes for the types and subtypes* This should help when creating them and give you the fields for them*

**8*2*2019**
v0*9*3
Character sheet
*Made the text smaller for some of the frames to give more items per frame
*Added Defense to the Armor frame to give rolls during defense
*Added Perception roll to Ability rolls
*Added a new box for Edge to be tracked

Powers
*Added drop down box to help populate needed fields

General
*Setup rolls to accept modifier box results
*Modified how Limits are calculated

**8*8*2019**
v0*9*4
Fixed Metatype walking, run, and sprint rates (May need to create new Metatypes as the boxes have been changed)
Add new functionality to the weaponlist to change firemodes and track ammo from those modes * Thanks Refur
Re*arranged augmentations and qualities to notes tab and expanded armor and weapon lists
Fixed issue where duration wasn*t showing on complex forms
Fixed tab names on character sheet

** 8*26*2019**
v0*9*7
Added functionality that the inventory frame will now track equipped status of armor and weapons* This will allow players to swap gear out and and in when they need to* Armor frame is no longer used, but haven*t decided how I want to use this space and left it in for the moment* When dropping weapons onto the inventory frame it will populate the weapon into the weaponlist* This is for those items that are quickly tossed or picked up and quickly discarded* The weaponlist right now does not add items to the inventory frame* Clicking on the carried cycler will add armor and the weapon to the sheet* Armor will add up all armor gear to a total and weapons will populate the weaponlist as available* I will be looking for suggestions on what to do with this new space on the sheet and might move back augmentations back, but wanted to hear some feed back first* My next big update will likely be the Combat Tracker and then a port to a full blown ruleset* See keep up the suggestions and critiques*

** 9*5*2019 **
v0*9*7*2
Updated list of available spirits with help from Hasmo and fixed minor fixes pointed out by ezieger*

Still working on Frame placement and setting up a possible new tab* Just not liking the look and won*t be releasing those changes till I can see it working the way I would like*

**9-9-2019**
v0.9.7.3
Made change to deck condition modifier formula

madman
February 23rd, 2019, 01:24
Nice.... Thanks..
Madman

dstuffle
February 23rd, 2019, 13:51
Holy Smokes! That's a lot of work you did.

I look forward to trying this out.

esmdev
February 23rd, 2019, 15:53
Awesomesauce! Got it installed and was checking it out, really nice. :)

viresanimi
February 23rd, 2019, 20:43
This is very cool!

Been playing a little with making a module and seemingly Metatypes can't be exported. Also the links in Stories clip, as the graphics are slightly too large. Finally I can't seem to figure out where Programs are supposed to be made, so an extensive list of item types and so on, would actually be very nice.

Fantastic job so far. I can't wait to see what you do with this.

Vires Animi

superteddy57
February 24th, 2019, 02:05
Sure thing, thanks for the feedback. Will get those working and a new version up for you.

superteddy57
February 24th, 2019, 05:13
Updated first post with fixes.

Stx11
February 26th, 2019, 02:28
Impressive... VERY Impressive!!!

superteddy57
February 26th, 2019, 03:49
Glad to hear. Hope you folks enjoy

damned
February 26th, 2019, 11:53
We need to have a plan so that we know what we're deviating from!

viresanimi
February 26th, 2019, 14:59
Let's not deviate him from this. I like it, but I want mooore! *grins*

superteddy57
February 26th, 2019, 15:25
Haha, well, the next ideas and moves I want to make with this would be to crack open the CT and give DMs more of a streamline. Cut down on the window spam I have it at the moment.

Keep the suggestions coming and also the problems. I'll get to them as quickly as I see them.

Ramid
March 6th, 2019, 13:36
Looks great. My group has been waiting on a working shadowrun 5 set. I will setup a game and have them test this thanks so much

esmdev
March 6th, 2019, 14:42
I was adding some weapons to the items list. I entered all the information in the main tab, clicked over to the other tab and entered a description but it also requests all the information for the weapon a second time on that tab. It didn't seem to matter what I did with that section (adding weapon stats, not adding weapon stats), but it might be more self-explanatory if it just put the weapon data entry info on the first page and description on the second. Or even a description field on the first tab. Not really sure what would be best on your coding side but 2x the data entry stats is confusing. :)

superteddy57
March 8th, 2019, 20:21
Can you show me an image? I tested weapons and all I had to do was add the item type and it populated the boxes.

If you are referring to the inventory tab, then yes, you are right, they aren't linked. I would use the inventory tab for gear and populate the boxes with the other items. I don't have them linked and not sure when I will get them to do so.

esmdev
March 9th, 2019, 11:04
It works perfectly. There is just an area that is a little unclear (and caused me to double my data entry needlessly until I figured out it wasn't needed).

If you create a weapon (say an Ares Predator V) and type in all the stats on the main tab, then click to the other tab and add the description. A link icon pops up in the description window, if you click the link icon it brings up another window with the description but the weapon data isn't there (on the pop up window only, it is still there on the actual window and the item db). The pop up window doesn't really seem to do anything other than pop up and add a little confusion.

Now that I know to ignore, it I just ignore it. Just figured I'd drop in and point it out.

In general, the ruleset is rockin. :)

wjpennington
April 20th, 2019, 14:34
I'm so eager to try this out. Thank you!

nandogomes
May 31st, 2019, 04:47
I'm very excited to try this out! One question, how do I put modifiers to the rolls? Let say that when defending you gain a +2 because of cover, how do I add those positive or negative dices to the pool?
Thanks!

superteddy57
May 31st, 2019, 13:30
Great question and at the moment not implemented. The modifier box unfortunately is something I'm working on to increase or decrease the dice pool you roll. It's on my to do list. When I was running my one shots I would take away dice from the roll usually the last two and add dice by rolling them separately.

nandogomes
May 31st, 2019, 15:11
That's a great idea, to use the modifier box to increase or decrease the dice pool. I'll start a shadowrun's entire campaign on FG using your extension, I'll be glad to help on anything visual.

superteddy57
June 1st, 2019, 06:19
Damned helped with the current graphics. I'm not artistically inclined lol. I'm learning as I go so it may take some time for me to crack the modifier box and how to integrate it into the dice pool.

CthulhuHalo
June 12th, 2019, 23:24
I dunno if I'm just dumb but I can't for the life of me get this working. I'm aware this is an extension for MoreCore, and I've installed that as well, but literally nothing shows up in the menus. Metatype, Skills, Items, all empty. I had this problem years ago when I tried to use the World of Darkness system and nobody had an answer. Maybe I'll get one this time? I'm... Trying to get back into FG after my long hiatus and this being one of my alltime favorite systems I was hoping it'd work... But yeah. Hopefully someone can help here.

damned
June 13th, 2019, 02:19
All rulesets are frameworks only. They do not contain data. Modules contain data such as equipment, classes, manuals etc.

Rules and mechanics cannot be copyrighted hence we can make rulesets.

Text and names and images are mostly copyright protected hence we cannot make and share data without a license.

CthulhuHalo
June 13th, 2019, 18:04
I see. So all of that stuff in the screenshot was basically just... There to be there, and not actually showing what this does... That's fine I suppose. Thanks anyway.

superteddy57
June 21st, 2019, 08:22
Updated the first post with changes to NPCs and Items for GMs to create content. Added drop down boxes for the Types and Subtypes so fields and boxes pop up for that type. These were derived from the rulebook. Tell me what you think.

damned
June 21st, 2019, 08:23
What do I think?
I think you are freaking awesome!

Ramid
July 18th, 2019, 13:14
Just finished a test of the most recent update the drop down lists are great they helpa great deal wit data input.

One question drag and drop of equipment does not work on the npc sheet unlike the character sheet is it possible to
allow for similar functionality ? so if i drag and drop a blade and type in blades value X, in the skills field and you
can then click a dice icon to roll the stat+skill from the weapon ?

Also with melee weapons it still requires me to add in Ammo not a major deal but if i mark a weapon as type melee weapon
is it possible to leave the ammo field blank

Soak and Defense boxes would it be possible to have a defense and soak box on npc/pc autocalc the base statistic from the armor + stat
vaule of the user.

superteddy57
July 18th, 2019, 18:01
Sure, let me check on that for you. The thing about NPCs is I stuck with the Core Rulebook for easy copy paste into the blocks and was never meant for drag n drop. I'll see what I can do to improve on it for you. Now the ammo thing is a bug for melee weapons. That shouldn't ask for ammo. I'll get that sorted asap. As for the Soak and Defense boxes, that sounds like a great idea and sorry to over look that. I'll get these added to my list and get them sorted.

damned
July 19th, 2019, 00:08
Sure, let me check on that for you. The thing about NPCs is I stuck with the Core Rulebook for easy copy paste into the blocks and was never meant for drag n drop. I'll see what I can do to improve on it for you. Now the ammo thing is a bug for melee weapons. That shouldn't ask for ammo. I'll get that sorted asap. As for the Soak and Defense boxes, that sounds like a great idea and sorry to over look that. I'll get these added to my list and get them sorted.

Most rulesets dont do drag and drop equipment into attacks for NPCs.

Ramid
July 19th, 2019, 09:04
Btw Thank you for the work you have done on this the setup is great :) !

Ramid
July 26th, 2019, 09:17
other suggestions from my group having the perception roll on the front page would be great as its often one of the most used skills.
Having a modifier box for Edge being able to keep track of how much edge has been spent.

The Npc dropdown list and the item drop down list is a godsend for data entry great idea

btw we have been using the extension for the quick start Sr 6 rules and it works fine with minor tweaking :)

superteddy57
July 26th, 2019, 14:17
Great to hear and thanks for the suggestions. I'll look into adding them.

But where do i put them!? I'm running out of room. I think maybe removing one of the attribute rolls might be the best place. What do you think?

Ramid
July 28th, 2019, 14:11
Good question. looking at the main page would it be possible to split the armor box and have things like soak defense and perception in the yellow colored area

Or move the limits there and place defense soak and perception were the limits are today.
https://imgur.com/a/YlLgHKK see here.

superteddy57
July 28th, 2019, 20:37
Great suggestions. I'll toy with them and provide some images for you guys to decide.

Ramid
July 29th, 2019, 11:19
Great to hear. If it is of any help This is what we were using before https://imgur.com/a/Z0jztip which was a very basic edit of Iamwards Shadowrun 4e ruleset https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=10535&d=1436951765

superteddy57
July 29th, 2019, 15:37
Cool thanks for the visual. Helps get the ideas flowing. I think i might go back to the paper sheet and try to see if I can get that condition area into the sheet. Just like you did at the bottom.

Refur
July 29th, 2019, 19:56
Awesome ruleset.

I have been playing in Ramid's campaign since 2013 (and have been working on the ruleset that we used in the beginning), so I really appreciate the work you put into this. The lack of a decent ruleset was putting a dent in our willingness to play SR online (we are in 4 different countries spread over 3 timezones).

Incidentally, have you considered uploading your extension to GitHub? It would make tracking of any issues and wishlists a bit easier, and if anyone had any solutions or bugfixes, they could send in a pull request (so you would still be able to check the suggested changes before merging them). :)

/R

superteddy57
July 29th, 2019, 20:21
Sorry, haven't thought about it and never really used GitHub that much. It's something to consider as I'm tracking my 5 extensions as of right now. Might help keep track easier. Will consider it.

Nylanfs
July 29th, 2019, 20:30
We use it extensively for PCGen. Can highly recommend.

Bidmaron
July 29th, 2019, 23:41
If I played shadow run i’d Be bitching. GitHub is yet another account you have to add, yet more advertisements users have to suffer through. It has its place but it is a pita for users. Note that Dulux is moving all his stuff back to the forums.

It has its place for joint projects, but please don’t put your users through it.

superteddy57
July 30th, 2019, 02:01
Well I will be sticking to releasing my content the same way I have always done. So I will not be requiring people to sign up for another site to access it. I do like the idea of cloud saving my code and making branches to try things. I will play with it and see what I think about it. Sharing code is mute since anyone who downloads the extension can crack it open.

Refur
July 30th, 2019, 10:42
If I played shadow run i’d Be bitching. GitHub is yet another account you have to add, yet more advertisements users have to suffer through. It has its place but it is a pita for users. Note that Dulux is moving all his stuff back to the forums.

It has its place for joint projects, but please don’t put your users through it.

GitHub doesn’t require sign-in to retrieve the code, you can download it directly from the page. It is a good way to get input from others (and if you ask me, even if it’s just one man doing the coding, it’s still a good idea to have some form of version control system).

I suggest this, beause I would probably end up tinkering with the system on our end, and having the code on GitHub means that I (and anyone else who was interested) could make those changes/ available to Superteddy without requiring him to manually merge the changes). Teamwork makes the dream work :)

Best,

/R

Bidmaron
July 31st, 2019, 01:36
To each his own. As I said, for collaborative work, it makes total sense, but most extensions are one-man shows. Also, posting that back-and-forth for development on the forums has the benefit that interested parties can learn things by examining others' code. But whatever floats your boat....

superteddy57
July 31st, 2019, 02:00
I will continue to post and distribute my content through the forums and open to any contributions and suggestions made by the community. You aren't wrong, that most of this content is made by sole keyboard warriors to help the community. I do like the name community for this content because it is not just freely available for the community, but can be tweaked by the community. I am always open for someone to take what I've made and see how it could be done better or easier to make this game available to the community. The community certainly is craving for more than what is available and I'm trying my best to make these awesome rulesets available and available to play. I would also hope from my efforts new developers start to open the code and start to tinker with what has been done. I appreciate the suggestion for GitHub and like the backup aspect, but I won't be making public repositories as of yet till the need arises and welcome all to contribute to force this to be a need. I'm not saying, no, but not yet.

Refur
August 1st, 2019, 01:55
Issue: Dice Pool Modifiers (environmental, range, cover, etc.)

There are a lot of modifiers affecting the number of dice rolled for skills or attacks. In the ruleset we were using previously for SR5, we used the modifier box as input and added/subtracted dice from the rolls. This can also be done for the MoreCore ruleset:

By changing the performRoll functions in manager_action_skill.lua and manager_action_attack.lua, replacing:

local count = nSkillLev;

by

local modstack = ModifierStack.getSum();
local count = nSkillLev+modstack;

Once the wound modifiers have been fitted in, these could be calculated/retrieved in the same section of code and added to "count". Until we calculate this automatically, we can just add it to the total modifier and put it in the box.

superteddy57
August 1st, 2019, 03:54
Been working on that. That was easier than what I imagined. I will add it to the list. I wont have time to devout time fully till Friday. My off day. I will post pics with what I am going to do to the character sheet. Great input!

superteddy57
August 1st, 2019, 15:29
So, I have worked on it a bit this morning and made some changes to items to help streamline weapons and producing skills. I added the suggestion from Refur for use with the modifier stack and also the way limits are calculated (I must have mis-read that it rounded down). Perception is already listed as a skill and is located in the skill list. I would just link it to the hotbar for easy access. I could add a roll button to the ability rolls frame, but feels redundant. Health and Stun are tracked in the top part of the charactersheet. As for Soak and Armor are tracked form the Armor frame and when rolling defense it shows the calculation of the armor from the items in the frame. I might be mis-understanding what you proposed and just need some clarification. I added a middle box for Edge to keep track of current usage. As for the character sheet, I made the text a bit smaller for the items to help add more items to the frames. I will release it after testing it out a bit to see if my changes made any bugs.

Refur
August 2nd, 2019, 01:37
So, I have worked on it a bit this morning and made some changes to items to help streamline weapons and producing skills. I added the suggestion from Refur for use with the modifier stack and also the way limits are calculated (I must have mis-read that it rounded down). Perception is already listed as a skill and is located in the skill list. I would just link it to the hotbar for easy access. I could add a roll button to the ability rolls frame, but feels redundant. Health and Stun are tracked in the top part of the charactersheet. As for Soak and Armor are tracked form the Armor frame and when rolling defense it shows the calculation of the armor from the items in the frame. I might be mis-understanding what you proposed and just need some clarification. I added a middle box for Edge to keep track of current usage. As for the character sheet, I made the text a bit smaller for the items to help add more items to the frames. I will release it after testing it out a bit to see if my changes made any bugs.

The group ran it's first session using the MoreCore SR5 ruleset (with our old characters imported in), and great fun was had by all :D

Here is a little clarification for some of our feedback:

We had some confusion with the Defense rolls, as the button was not clearly labeled (me and Ramid had tried it before, so we just provided some clarification, and people got there in the end). What we'd really like is another button on the Armor panel that rolls the Soak check (Body + Armor), as this speeds up combat. What we did for the time being is roll a Body test and modify it with our Armor value. It worked, but it would be a little faster to have the two buttons (Defense and Soak) at the top of the panel. Having some way of selecting which armor pieces are worn would be nice, as some characters have different armor profiles for a night on the town vs. shadowrunning, but let's file that one under nice to have :)

Regarding Perception, you are entirely correct that it is already listed and one could hook it up to the hotbar. I'd still say it's not quite redundant, as it's one of the most used skills in the game (well, in our game at least :) ), and having it prominently displayed on the front page of the character sheet saves the players from having to look it up in the skill list or the hotbar. This is not a critical thing (as you said, there are workarounds), but would be nice to have in our opinion.

But apart from that, we had a blast (two flash-bangs and a frag grenade to be exact :D ). Thanks again for the work you have done (and are doing) on this extension, we really appreciate your efforts.

Best regards,

/R

damned
August 2nd, 2019, 02:14
Good feedback Refur

mozmonar
August 2nd, 2019, 08:23
***Powers***
Category - Use the types from the core rulebook and it will show the proper fields.
(Combat Spell, Critter Powers, Complex Form....)

I can get this to work for Combat Spells and Complex Forms but not Detection Spells, Health Spells, Illusion Spells, or Critter Powers. Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this doesn't work properly.

superteddy57
August 2nd, 2019, 14:15
Thanks for pointing that out. I might need to do drop down boxes for that as well. I'll look into it and see why those aren't working right for you.

superteddy57
August 2nd, 2019, 16:42
I took care of that issue for you by making a drop down list to make it easier.

Here is a pic of the new charactersheet. Still need to get the rolls to work right for defenses, but should be ready by tonight.

superteddy57
August 2nd, 2019, 18:04
Updated first post with updated version of the extension. I'm starting to think it might be time to port this over to a full ruleset. I think once I have the combat tracker automated and things smoothed out there, then I'll port it over to a full ruleset.

Refur
August 2nd, 2019, 23:33
Looks pretty cool! :D

damned
August 3rd, 2019, 04:01
Superb work superteddy57 - you are smashing this!

mozmonar
August 3rd, 2019, 07:17
Thanks! That did the trick.

mozmonar
August 3rd, 2019, 22:23
It seems that Complex Forms don't have a Duration field.

superteddy57
August 3rd, 2019, 23:57
You are correct. I can sort that out. Give me some time to get off work and I can do a quick fix for that.

mozmonar
August 4th, 2019, 00:09
No rush. Just pointing it out.

mozmonar
August 4th, 2019, 01:11
What is the proper formatting for the Walk Rate, Run Rate, and Sprint fields for Metatypes to have it populate on the Character Sheet? I have tried the phrasing from the book (Agility x[number], x[number], and just a [number]). None seem to work for me. Also I can get the Sprint number to populate though I can manually change that one.

superteddy57
August 4th, 2019, 01:34
Looks like I might have skipped over adding that into the character sheet. Good find. I'll add that to the list with the duration field

mozmonar
August 5th, 2019, 06:32
This isn't critical...but if it isn't too much difficulty could you add a separate drop down for Creature Weaknesses? Can put them under Creature Powers but might be helpful to separate out the beneficial from the detrimental.

Ramid
August 5th, 2019, 13:58
The new addition looks good couple of suggestions from my groups last play through

1. Move Qualities and Augmentations from the front page to notes since referencing both regularly is not required. Makes the
front page less cluttered and free's up real-estate for other objects.

2. The Defense setup is good the additional boxes come out well Would it be possible to have a check box in-front of
Armor so that you can choose which to roll along with Soak so if you own 2-3 pieces of armor you can check the boxes
which Get rolled
3. Stats mod box make it automatically add or subtract to the base stat helpful in many cases.
4. Combat Tracker Button to auto roll Initiative for all and or npc combatants.
Combat Tracker Button to subtract 10 from all initiative values at the end of each phase.
Combat Tracker Add Npc attack into attack would it be possible to add a line in the npc sheet for combat skills that the tracker picks up?
5. Effects. Because Shadowrun uses so many modifiers how would creating effects that modify rolls work ? @Refur Did some changes so
Modifiers work but that is only a single round effect and need to be re added to the next roll effects can be made to last multiple rounds.

Again just wanted to say how much i appreciate the work you have done its really re-awakened my groups love of play SR online :)

Refur
August 5th, 2019, 20:08
Hi again,

I've been playing around with some things, and I wanted to get your thoughts on the attached screenshot.

I've added a string cycler that selects different fire modes for weapons:

melee for Melee attacks (standard)
SS for single shot
SA for semi-auto
SB for semi-auto burst
BF for burst fire
LB for long burst (or simple action Full auto)
FA for complex action full auto
SF for Suppressive fire

Depending on the selected fire mode, the ammo consumption is tracked accordingly and the recoil is also tracked. The recoil penalty is applied directly. I also added a button to reset the recoil counter

PS: Just ignore the layout of the page, I was playing around with multiple things at once (including moving the qualities and augmentations over to the Notes page, as @Ramid mentioned earlier). If this is something you are interested in adding, I'll merge this into the latest release and share with you.

Best regards,

/R

Refur
August 5th, 2019, 20:50
The optimal solution would be to change the string selector dynamically based on which fire modes were available, I did have a go at that today using a database handler, but I had problems getting to the character sheet controls from the handler code (possibly because it is sheetdata and not fixed fields).

Refur
August 5th, 2019, 21:02
Hi again (again),

Just FYI, here is the proposal I had for moving qualities and augmentations to the Notes page. Whether they are best stored there or on the front page is a valid discussion, qualities are very related to the characters backstory. Bonuses, attacks, defense, etc. related to augmentations should be stored on the front (and in most cases, there are fields for that), but the actual augmentations themselves could IMO be stored with the characters background, languages and other notes.

This was just to free up some space for some of the more combat-oriented information on the front page. Weapons, especially, need a fair bit of space to show the information necessary to get a good overview of the different attacks.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think,

/R

superteddy57
August 5th, 2019, 22:48
Give me till thursday to implement some of these and get them working.

superteddy57
August 5th, 2019, 22:55
Hi again,

I've been playing around with some things, and I wanted to get your thoughts on the attached screenshot.

I've added a string cycler that selects different fire modes for weapons:

melee for Melee attacks (standard)
SS for single shot
SA for semi-auto
SB for semi-auto burst
BF for burst fire
LB for long burst (or simple action Full auto)
FA for complex action full auto
SF for Suppressive fire

Depending on the selected fire mode, the ammo consumption is tracked accordingly and the recoil is also tracked. The recoil penalty is applied directly. I also added a button to reset the recoil counter

PS: Just ignore the layout of the page, I was playing around with multiple things at once (including moving the qualities and augmentations over to the Notes page, as @Ramid mentioned earlier). If this is something you are interested in adding, I'll merge this into the latest release and share with you.

Best regards,

/R

That looks like its still using the old armor frame. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the code

Refur
August 5th, 2019, 23:04
That looks like its still using the old armor frame. I wouldn't mind taking a look at the code

I just merged my changes into v0.9.3 (the part that is working, at least :) )

I added the burst count/recoil and fixed the melee weapon ammo bug. I have some code that interprets the SR5 weapon fire modes (SS/SA/BF/FA) into possible attack fire modes (single, semiauto, semiauto burst, etc.) and creates a string cycler label/value string (pipe delimited string), but I couldn't manage to get the DB handler to actually find the fields in the weapons table (I tried the addSource method you used for statistics updates, but it didn't seem to work when in a table). So that part is not in there, but I can share that as well if you are interested.

Regards,

/R

Refur
August 7th, 2019, 19:21
We were discussing the naming of the PC character sheet tabs, and thought that since the content of the tabs is actually quite clearly defined (Skills on the MoreData tab, Magic on the Main tab and Matrix/Rigging on the Abilities tab), they could be made more clear by adding more descriptive tab names.

The relevant files are contained in the zipfile, the JPEG is a screenshot that shows the final result.

Regards,

/R

PS: I did not rename the tabs in the code itself, this is just a cosmetic, player-friendly tweak.

superteddy57
August 8th, 2019, 19:37
Updated first post with changes. Thanks to Refur for most of the work. Updated things to work on list for future updates.

mozmonar
August 8th, 2019, 19:52
Thanks, brother. Appreciate the heavy lifting on this.

superteddy57
August 9th, 2019, 02:52
No problem. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll keep pumping out updates. Working on the CT at the moment.

Refur
August 9th, 2019, 09:49
No problem. Keep the suggestions coming and I'll keep pumping out updates. Working on the CT at the moment.

Looks great!

I've attached a suggestion related to initiative:

manager_action_init.lua:
Two functions are added:
* adjustInitiative(charsheetid,val) - Called with a character sheed ID and a value (positive), reduces the initiative of the character down by val
* updateInitiativeOnChange(nodeOldCT, nodeNewCT) - Is added to the combat manager using setCustomInitChange, so it is called each time the "Next Actor" button is pressed. This automatically reduces the init level by 10 each time the characters turn is finished.

record_char_more.xml: For the Dodge, Block, Parry and Full defense interrupt action buttons, there is a call to adjustInitiative to adjust the initiative down by 5 or 10 (depending on the action).

One more thing: While playing around with this, I noticed that the CT initiative is not persistent when saving/reloading. I added a new line to handleApplyInit() that added the initiative values to the Charsheet, and after that the init value persisted. I removed it in the attached zip file, as you are already looking into the CT.

Keep up the great work,

/R

superteddy57
August 9th, 2019, 12:17
Well the great thing about MoreCore is there is already a link to the CT for initiative. I may have axed it from the code, but from the ruleset it can be manipulated to add initiative and also make changes to it from it as well. Great job on the new code, but it can be done much simpler and easier from these links. Check the MoreCore tab code in MoreCore's main code and you will see what I mean.

Refur
August 9th, 2019, 19:00
Well the great thing about MoreCore is there is already a link to the CT for initiative. I may have axed it from the code, but from the ruleset it can be manipulated to add initiative and also make changes to it from it as well. Great job on the new code, but it can be done much simpler and easier from these links. Check the MoreCore tab code in MoreCore's main code and you will see what I mean.

I had a look at it, and you are absolutely right. Here is an updated example that also updates the initiative result in the character sheet when "Next Actor" is pressed. As far as I can see, this persists across sessions (unlike my previous suggestion).

Best,

/R

GSKlein
August 9th, 2019, 22:15
Hello to all and a thank you for all of you working on this Shadowrun extension and a very big thank you to superteddy57.

Shadowrun is one of my favorite games and I'm no computer guru so I couldn't make an extension or do even a tenth of what and the others have helped to create. I've been dying for an extension for 5th edition to run a campaign for my buddies (ok...lets be real...for myself) for ages. This is fitting the bill and having my in gaming heaven. I've been a Shadowrun fan since 1st edition so a 5th edition extension for FG just made my year.

Please please...pretty please...keep the updates coming and making the extension even better !!

And once again...thank you all so much !!

superteddy57
August 10th, 2019, 16:04
My pleasure! I will keep this up as long as people play it. I should have some time today to work on initiative and maybe link my CT changes. I will keep you posted.

inawkwardscience
August 11th, 2019, 15:38
Thank you so much. Your work on this is greatly appreciated!

Ramid
August 16th, 2019, 17:14
We had another session yesterday and people were very happy with the changes. Amazing work you guys are doing and massive updates in just two weeks.
great job!

inawkwardscience
August 16th, 2019, 19:34
If only these sessions were Streamed!

GSKlein
August 17th, 2019, 21:07
I know supperteddy57...I say how great your work is and then say I want more. I can't help myself. I love Shadowrun. I want more !

I would love to see the limits (physical, mental and social) with the ability to modify them as some qualities change these outside of the normal limit levels.

I think, based on my games, that the Augmentation and Qualities sections should be on one page and split 50/50 for that page. It would allow more room for those heavily used areas and give the Notes section can then take there spot on the Notes tab letting players track more info on their characters.

Just a thought based on my roleplaying experience.

esmdev
August 17th, 2019, 22:18
I know supperteddy57...I say how great your work is and then say I want more. I can't help myself. I love Shadowrun. I want more !

I would love to see the limits (physical, mental and social) with the ability to modify them as some qualities change these outside of the normal limit levels.

I think, based on my games, that the Augmentation and Qualities sections should be on one page and split 50/50 for that page. It would allow more room for those heavily used areas and give the Notes section can then take there spot on the Notes tab letting players track more info on their characters.

Just a thought based on my roleplaying experience.

I agree with that assessment on placement. Not sure how much work moving all that around would be but my players take a dwarf-ton of notes and would be super happy, like jumping up and down flapping hands emoji happy, to have lots of space. Augmentation and qualities also seem to go together.

Also, I think that you've done a lot of really great work. The extension looks great, is presented well and is pretty intuitive. Is there a possibility of getting a full license?

superteddy57
August 19th, 2019, 06:41
Can I get an image or example of what you want? I am having a hard time picturing it. As for a full license, would need to finalize a lot of things first, but highly doubt one since 6e just dropped. Thanks for the kind words. Also, I just started a new shift and may take a week to get used to my new hours. If there is a lull, its due to trying to find time. Plus my other side projects. I sorta use them to test some things out. I also have found a way to combine Armor, Weapons, and gear back to one frame, but not lose their current functionality. Plus, help keep track of loadouts. Easy swap. That is incoming and will open a ton of space.

Nylanfs
August 19th, 2019, 15:31
The biggest hurdle to licensing is in this case it has to go through both Catalyst AND Topps.

superteddy57
August 19th, 2019, 17:55
Yeah, I wouldn't think it was a shinning prospect. Just glad people are using it and having fun.

GSKlein
August 21st, 2019, 04:18
Hey supperteddy57...I guess what I'm looking for and at least one other sees the value of...the two sections indicated being moved to a tab of their own so the entire page can be used for them

Players love lots of space for augmentations and qualities

This would also allow the Notes section to then expand in to the area where augmentations and qualities were on the Notes tab...since players love taking notes on their PCs to

Does that make sense? Did I explain that clearly?

P.S. I and my players are MAJORLY loving it...so many old memories coming back

lmontecosta
August 21st, 2019, 14:29
Hello there! What a great project. Just loving it! I'm really enjoying it and I have a horde of players who are too.

Well, I was trying hard to find a way to play SR5e. Now that I can, I'm making modules so I can prepare a good session.

I've just got stuck at creating Grenades/Missiles/Rockets cause I don't know what to do or where to put some things.

I was asking my self also where to put a kind of ammunition on firearms and how to make the roll system recognize its modifiers.

Just trying to give u feedback and help with your project in some way. Thanks a lot for this.

superteddy57
August 22nd, 2019, 01:01
@GSKlein I see what you mean now. You want those two elements to have more room and expand the notes section. I am not against it, but it would certainly add a new tab. If that isn't a big deal for the rest of the users, then I can certainly put that up easy. Do you guys/gals think that the appearance frame is necessary? I've never really been a fan of it and think it's taking up valuable real estate. What do you think of removing that and taking languages out of there as well? That would expand all three. Oh thanks for reminding me that I need to fix the overview frame there as well. I'll let you respond before jumping on it.

@Imontecosta Glad you and your players are loving it. As for Grenades those can be weapons in their own right and the Missiles and Rockets as ammo that can be tracked from the inventory frame. You touched on something I've been working on for the Weapon, Armor, and inventory lists. I cracked open 3.5 ruleset and have been seeing how they do it and trying to get it to work. I will show progress of it once I have it working somewhat. This is a big deal for me and my extensions. Once I get that backbone working, you can simply just drop the items into the inventory and they will populate where they should and pull the ammo and such. A lot of work for me with this, just need some time. Might not be a quick build. I've also wanted to get onto linking the CT to the sheets as well and this will help as well. So don't fret, more stuff on the horizon.

GSKlein
August 22nd, 2019, 01:20
Hello superteddy57...your understanding me just fine. I think another tab isn't a big deal but I'm sure how others are. For another tab and the room I'd get I'd be please. I like the appearance section but I'd lose the languages and let appear take over that area as well. My runners like the appear section but actually find it small. Language section isn't needed since for Shadowrun you list the languages separately in the skills section already...so the language box in the Notes tab is redundant.

I like Imontecosta's comment on the ammunition for firearms. I'm sure it would be more or a challenge but adding a spot on the weapons where we could change ammo modifiers (DV, recoil, AP, etc) would be cool...but that's wishlist sort of item for me.

superteddy57 I and my players just want to say you're killing it with this extension ! We haven't played in years and now don't wanna stop !!

superteddy57
August 26th, 2019, 01:52
Looks like we are on track to having inventory frame hold your gear and track the relevant stats. Just got armor setup and working tracking armor rating based on what is being equipped. Moving onto weapons. This now opens up the armor frame from the character sheet. I plan on keeping the weapon list for ease of use during combat for the players, but the whole bottom armor frame is of no use at the moment as you can manage your armor loadout from the inventory frame now. So more real estate to work with for your suggestions. Once weapons is working correctly, I will release the new update.

superteddy57
August 26th, 2019, 20:25
Updated first post with new version. Added inventory linking for both armor and weapons.

lmontecosta
August 26th, 2019, 20:42
Seems all good with modules I created before. Nothing change.

The function is working good. I tested with some Itens that I created here. Both weapons and Armors.

Thanks a lot!

superteddy57
August 26th, 2019, 21:34
Good to hear, always afraid it's going to mess with your saved content. Re-creating modules can be a pain. Glad to hear it's working out.

Refur
August 26th, 2019, 21:38
Updated first post with new version. Added inventory linking for both armor and weapons.

Looks great! Can't wait to see what you have planned for the Combat Tracker :D

GSKlein
August 29th, 2019, 03:09
Hey supperteddy57...looking great!

I still think Augmentations and Qualities should have they own joint tab that way they can spread out and Players just like lots!

If you reduce the Armor section and roll section (Surprise, Composure, etc) that would open up more space for Weapons.

I'd like to see Phys Condition & Stun Condition with modifier sections or allowed to be modified like the Attributes section (some qualities change them above and beyond normal computations) and I like to see all 3 Limits also with a modifier section or also to be allowed to be modified, as again qualities can change these from their normal calculated amounts.

Just a thought. Even without the changes the extension is rocking my gaming group supperteddy57.

ezieger
September 1st, 2019, 02:56
Do you have a patreon or similar means of showing appreciation for the work you've put into this (and to encourage continued efforts)? If this has been addressed, apologies, I was unable to find it.

superteddy57
September 1st, 2019, 15:12
No, your enjoyment is why I do it. Appreciate the offer, but not needed. Enjoy my work and I'll keep working on it.

GSKlein
September 1st, 2019, 19:59
superteddy57....its people like you why I game...literally...I couldn't pull of Shadowrun without you and your extension !!

By the way...I realized that keeping the "Language" section on the "Notes" tab is very important...at least to me. It seems this links to the "Language" section on the game Options area.

This allows you to use Languages in the chat screen and have only some of your players, the ones with the language, know what is being sent. Please don't get rid of the "Language" section in the "Notes" tab ! It is too useful to give information to just some Players and have the rest confused.

Hope that makes sense.

superteddy57
September 1st, 2019, 20:24
Yes, good call. I could see if I can combine it to the language skills section on the skills tab. Totally forgot about the languages being linked to the chat. I am still working on your requests. Just not liking what I'm getting and will get it working as quickly as I can.

GSKlein
September 1st, 2019, 21:15
superteddy57 don't rush on my account...I wasn't trying to make you rush. I love what you got...I just realized the language links last night when I was getting some Shadowrun stuff ready for my guys.

But thanks for following what I'm saying.

GSKlein
September 3rd, 2019, 21:32
superteddy57...yes its me again...I was able to setup the skills...but I didn't find Skill Groups setup as roll-ready skills. So a Player may have Pistols 5 and the roll works for Pistols...but I didn't see anywhere for them to roll just Firearms Skill Group for any firearm if you follow me. I think having the Skill Group roll-ready would be another good addition.

Just a thought.

Refur
September 3rd, 2019, 23:18
In my opinion, the skill groups take up space that would be more useful for getting a better view of the skills. It would be most useful to just tie it to each skill and possibly being able to hide it when not settlng it.

There are differing opinions on how much space to devote for different data in the ruleset (and to be fair, there are an awful lot of them in SR :) ). At some point, this is just a difference in charsheet layout and could be addressed with extensions.

Best,

/R

superteddy57
September 4th, 2019, 16:14
You are right Refur, and trust me that it was a place holder to allow skill groups to be tracked. I wanted to get them to eventually be tracked in the skill frame. I can certainly get rid of the Skill Groups frame to open more space for skills up and add a new skill groups box to the skill line for now. I'm not sure if I can get the functionality yet till I can devote some time to it.

mozmonar
September 4th, 2019, 20:54
When you have a chance could you possibly add Guardian, Guidance, Plant, and Task to the spirit types drop down in NPCs? They are from the Street Grimoire. Thanks in advance.

superteddy57
September 5th, 2019, 06:25
Will do!

ezieger
September 5th, 2019, 12:10
It appears as though the NPC Limits (physical, mental social) are rounding down instead of up. Not sure if it is in any other areas or not.
Also the skill when adding a firearm item is mapping in as " heavy weapon"; while the in the skills on the player sheet is "heavy weapons". This can easily be worked around by changing the player sheet skill but thought you might want to added it to the list.

superteddy57
September 6th, 2019, 01:11
Updated first post with minor changes. Still working on CT and making things a bit tidier and less messy.

ezieger
September 6th, 2019, 01:20
Sweet, Thanks!

superteddy57
September 6th, 2019, 01:29
If you downloaded it in the last few minutes, I uploaded the wrong one. I would do another download.

Mindfreezer
September 8th, 2019, 20:27
Cheerio!
Thank you so much for doing this. It's helping me immensely getting my campaign on track and finally starting after everybody waited for a year since I first invited my players to play. Due to the circumstances surrounding R20 I was set on using FG, but had a serious blockade stopping me from converting from the SR4 ruleset to SR5. Thank you, again. Great stuff, can't stress this enough.

And I don't know if it's been mentioned yet: The matrix condition for decks is calculated incorrectly. The formula is 8 + (Device Rating / 2), but it's currently calculating (8 + Device Rating) / 2. Since you cannot manually change the maximum either, we currently have to track it through the character's notes.

Best regards!

ezieger
September 9th, 2019, 14:34
I'm trying to setup DM scripts soI can run checks on each of the characters (Perception, judge intentions, etc) without them knowing how well/poorly they did. I am trying to use some form of the/srun4 dice script (I've got hot keys mapped using an outside app that enters text into the chat) but wondering if there is a way to actually reference the relevant skills/attributes/etc the way it does on the character sheets. Bonus points for a script that rolls all party members (3-4 ppl) at once.

The High Druid
September 9th, 2019, 15:07
*QUOTE=ezieger*452624*I*m trying to setup DM scripts soI can run checks on each of the characters (Perception, judge intentions, etc) without them knowing how well*poorly they did* I am trying to use some form of the*srun4 dice script (I*ve got hot keys mapped using an outside app that enters text into the chat) but wondering if there is a way to actually reference the relevant skills*attributes*etc the way it does on the character sheets* Bonus points for a script that rolls all party members (3*4 ppl) at once***QUOTE*

Picking apart this extension for D*D might help you figure how to do that*

https:**www*fantasygrounds*com*forums*showthread*p hp*45234*5E***Request*Roll*Extension***WIP

superteddy57
September 9th, 2019, 15:23
Updated first post with changes for how matrix condition for decks is calculated. It's also rounded up so if it needs to be changed, I can quickly change that.

ezieger
September 9th, 2019, 17:49
I appreciate your confidence in me. Will certainly try but on first glance of the code, I think it is unlikely.

mozmonar
September 9th, 2019, 19:52
While plugging in info from Rigger 5.0 I noticed a few additional rigger-centric Matrix actions. I added a choice for Matrix Actions in the Powers section. Not necessarily the best place for it but the groundwork was already laid. The base Matrix actions seem to be hard-coded and couldn't be added to. Adding them to powers allowed me add more actions as well as enter descriptive information about the action (marks need, action cost, test, and descriptive text).

I can share what I did if there is interest in this.

Mindfreezer
September 9th, 2019, 20:17
I cannot click the phys condition / stun condition values to edit them. What am I doing wrong?
Also why do NPCs not have a defense roll? And the armor field cannot be rolled either. Confused, what am I missing.

superteddy57
September 10th, 2019, 00:35
@Minfreezer
The first box is the calculated maximum from your stats for both phys and stun condition. The second box would be the damage to that maximum and is linked to the CT. I see where an issue could arise and see the mouse over tool tip suggesting it is editable. It's a hold over from re-using older code. I will get that removed to not add to the confusion. If you add your characteristics it will update the maximum box with the proper information. You are right, there is no defense for NPCs. Totally missed that and will add it to my list for the next version.

@mozmonar
What your saying is you would prefer that the actions would be better as abilities instead of static hard coded buttons?

mozmonar
September 10th, 2019, 00:56
@mozmonar
What your saying is you would prefer that the actions would be better as abilities instead of static hard coded buttons?
Not necessarily. It's nice having quick autocalculated rolls. I guess what I'm saying is that having them as abilities/powers/whatever let's you store more information about the action...if you new are new to the system you might want to see what each action is actually doing. I don't see why you can't have both.

The only reason I looked at it to begin with was because I came across a handful of new actions and had no other way to add them.

superteddy57
September 10th, 2019, 01:49
Not necessarily. It's nice having quick autocalculated rolls. I guess what I'm saying is that having them as abilities/powers/whatever let's you store more information about the action...if you new are new to the system you might want to see what each action is actually doing. I don't see why you can't have both.

The only reason I looked at it to begin with was because I came across a handful of new actions and had no other way to add them.

Well you are right, you can have both and I can set up a new frame for that. I can have it to where the base rolls show in the list and the ability to add new/custom ones if that would help. So in a way it is both on surface.

Mindfreezer
September 10th, 2019, 10:16
Could you perhaps make the conditions editable? I wouldn't know how to put qualities increasing or decreasing the physical condition pool to use otherwise atm.

All defensive rolls for NPCs I circumvented by adding skills called "soak 5" for example, but the proper buttons for armor / defense related rolls would be awesome!

Thanks again for your work. I'm merely bug reporting / giving constructive feedback, please don't take any of this with a negative notion. I'm so happy it's there!

superteddy57
September 10th, 2019, 12:53
Nope, good stuff. You are all good. Keep them coming. I'll try to get them sorted quickly for you.

Mindfreezer
September 10th, 2019, 14:20
You're amazing, got tears of joy coming up!

So yea, in case I forgot to make that clear: NPCs of course need both a soak and a defense roll. Perhaps other defensive rolls against magic or w/e, too. Maybe just have a new line working like the skill field, but for something like custom rolls, so you can insert them as needed.

Just found another issue: Block, Dodge, Parry and Perception rolls on the front character page do not use limits. They all have skills built in, so they need to have those. (Side note: Perception roll even says "ATTRIBUTE" incorrectly, the other three don't say anything about ATTRIBUTE or SKILL)

EDIT: And "Abilities" (part of the library to the right) should be called "Qualities", right? Or did I mess something up?

superteddy57
September 10th, 2019, 15:13
Yup, gonna work on that and thanks for pointing out. I will be adding these to the next release.

Mindfreezer
September 10th, 2019, 17:15
I'll keep updating my last post as to have an easy to follow feedback flow, since I keep adding stuff. Later, anyway.

Minor things: Vision Enhancement and Audio Enhancement, not Enchancement I think? Audio and Optical and Imaging could use a Capacity entry. Perhaps add two more slots though. One with a drop down menu to select if it's "level x something" capacity and then split the capacity into two slots, one for currently used and one for maximum capacity. Just an idea, otherwise all of this has to go into the notes. Alternatively simply make it a text field like with "cost", since there does not seem to be any software-side interaction with the capacity slot anyway. So may as well make it text, if you don't want to automatically subtract capacity etc. later on.

superteddy57
September 10th, 2019, 17:24
Well I wanted to get capacity/essence loss to be calculated by items to help update the character sheet as you added items. Cuts down on doing silly math. It's just on the back burner as the Combat Tracker is the real beast. If I can get a smooth Combat Tracker to help GMs the rest is just fine tuning. Another great find Mindfreezer. I can poke at these tweaks and get them fine tuned as we go. Since your spotting them, I'll add it to this next version. Shouldn't be much trouble making these minor changes and adding some ground work for future features.

Mindfreezer
September 10th, 2019, 17:46
Here's my comprehensive list of bug reports. I will update this going forward.

- The matrix condition for decks is calculated incorrectly. The formula is 8 + (Device Rating / 2), but it's currently calculating (8 + Device Rating) / 2. Since you cannot manually change the maximum either, we currently have to track it through the character's notes.

- Could you perhaps make the Phys / Stun Condition editable? I wouldn't know how to put qualities increasing or decreasing the physical condition pool to use otherwise atm.

- NPCs need both a soak and a defense roll. Perhaps other defensive rolls against magic or w/e, too. Maybe just have a new line working like the skill field, but for something like custom rolls, so you can insert them as needed.

- Block, Dodge, Parry and Perception rolls on the front character page do not use limits. They all have skills built in, so they need to have those. (Side note: Perception roll even says "ATTRIBUTE" incorrectly, the other three don't say anything about ATTRIBUTE or SKILL)

- Block, Dodge and Parry all add their TOTAL pools rather than just the skill value to the Defense roll.

- "Abilities" (part of the library to the right) should be called "Qualities", right? Or did I mess something up?

- Vision Enhancement and Audio Enhancement, not Enchancement I think? Audio and Optical and Imaging could use a Capacity entry. Perhaps add two more slots though. One with a drop down menu to select if it's "level x something" capacity and then split the capacity into two slots, one for currently used and one for maximum capacity. Just an idea, otherwise all of this has to go into the notes. Alternatively simply make it a text field like with "cost", since there does not seem to be any software-side interaction with the capacity slot anyway. So may as well make it text, if you don't want to automatically subtract capacity etc. later on.

- You can add skills via the library thing "Skills", but they do not seem to have any benefit yet, at least not for the knowledge / language section. This means I am forced to use the predefined "Academic Knowledge" etc. but since I cannot add the name of the actual knowledge type / language, I cannot add specializations without going way overboard with the tiny bit of space I usually have in that second bracket. If I add manually named knowledge / language skills and attempt to roll, even if the skill exists in the "Skills" library, I get the console error: Script Error: [string "total"]:1: attempt to index local 'sSkill' (a nil value)

- Shots fired with ranged weapons currently have a Limit of 0 instead of the weapon's precision. A button somewhere for Take Aim in order to choose between +1 to the attack or +1 to the Limit temporarily (stackable up to WIL/2) could be an idea for later perhaps.

- Injury modifiers or whatever they are called in English have to be added completely manually so far. We can do that ofc, but perhaps for later you may want to add a funcionality to add those in order to have all non-damage-resisting rolls be afflicted by injury.

- We need vehicles.

- You cannot add item links to the NPC Gear text field. May want to take a look at the other text fields as well for compatibility with cross-links to library entries.

GSKlein
September 28th, 2019, 04:27
Hello superteddy57 just wanted to say your updates have kept my Shadowrun game going. My Players have comments how its bringing back old memories of our tabletop games from years ago.

I must say Mindfreezer has really jumped into the ext and I give him credit for his thoroughness of his review of things.

Love the extension and love the new game I can bring to my players. Keep up the great work superteddy57 !!

superteddy57
September 28th, 2019, 18:54
Thank you. I am working on those things and will release them once I am happy with them. I am actually thinking of just porting it over to it's own ruleset. Trying both approaches and seeing what I like best. Just need to ask everyone patience on those fixes. Appreciate all of your comments and keep your suggestions coming. The addition of a new friend/foe tracker for meat/ar/vr/astral. So when the characters go on the combat tracker it will help track where they are in the world. I tried multi-tabbed combat tracker and that failed and felt clunky swapping between them during a combat phase. That should be the big release along with fixes to the issues relayed by Mindfreezer. Hansmo also is producing some cool things as well for the extension. So some neat things are coming.

GSKlein
September 28th, 2019, 19:43
Well okay supertedy57...I'm intrigued and excited about the coming updates !

esmdev
September 29th, 2019, 01:57
Thank you. I am working on those things and will release them once I am happy with them. I am actually thinking of just porting it over to it's own ruleset. Trying both approaches and seeing what I like best. Just need to ask everyone patience on those fixes. Appreciate all of your comments and keep your suggestions coming. The addition of a new friend/foe tracker for meat/ar/vr/astral. So when the characters go on the combat tracker it will help track where they are in the world. I tried multi-tabbed combat tracker and that failed and felt clunky swapping between them during a combat phase. That should be the big release along with fixes to the issues relayed by Mindfreezer. Hansmo also is producing some cool things as well for the extension. So some neat things are coming.

If you do port it over to its own ruleset do you think that an actual commercial license might be a possibility or would that be just wishful thinking?

mozmonar
September 29th, 2019, 04:23
Hansmo also is producing some cool things as well for the extension
I'm trying anyway. Most consistent products so far are frustration and headaches. But, I guess frustration and headaches are keeping within the unique experience of playing Shadowrun.

superteddy57
September 29th, 2019, 06:57
@esmdev Unfortunately that is something for the higher ups to look into. This is still a fan project and won't be licensed or supported by SmiteWorks. Changing over to a ruleset will simply make it easier for players to only keep track of one file instead of both the extension and MoreCore ruleset.

GSKlein
October 1st, 2019, 14:29
I like the idea of a ruleset...but not sure how much work that takes. I'm still loving it how it is. Shadowrun is just a cool system and its nice to be able to play it again with my friends.

Thanks superteddy57 !

joshuasilver
October 26th, 2019, 18:47
This is cool, thanks! To bad its so much work to get all the info in because copywrite issues. Since 6th edition is out think there is a possibility to make the 5th edition extensions publicly available?

superteddy57
October 26th, 2019, 21:40
It is public. Once you download the extension you can unpack it and see under the hood. Just ask to give credit if you use any of my stuff.

LordEntrails
October 27th, 2019, 01:52
As mentioned, the extension is public, but the content is not. Even though the content is 5E, it is still protected by copyright even though 6E is out. (copyright protection does not end because a new version is published).

superteddy57
October 27th, 2019, 02:50
Thanks for that. I meant from what is provided in the extension is available to the public.

Jancoran
November 24th, 2019, 18:38
Sorry for being stupid but I just started using this program and don't understand how to add this Shadowrun tool into Fantasy Grounds. Could someone walk me through what I should do? Where I should go. Etc..

LordEntrails
November 24th, 2019, 19:27
Sorry for being stupid but I just started using this program and don't understand how to add this Shadowrun tool into Fantasy Grounds. Could someone walk me through what I should do? Where I should go. Etc..
Welcome to FG and the forums :) No problem on not knowing what to do.

First, download the MoreCore Ruleset; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860-MoreCore-Ruleset
It goes in your FG Data/ Ruleset folder. You can find your FG Data folder by clocking on the folder icon from the FG launch screen.

Second, download the extension from the first post in this thread and put it in the FG Data/Extensions folder.

Launch FG, create a New Campaign, select MoreCore as the ruleset, activate the Shadorun extension.

After that, you will have to read the usage posts on MoreCore and for this thread. I've not used either so won't be able to help you setup the character sheet etc.

Shadows
November 26th, 2019, 19:24
Hi superteddy57 I love the Ruleset,

I have been working on translating this into German, so far with only having the Skills translated and some parts of the NPC´s

Comming to my question, would it be possible to add the same kind of logic to the NPC´s as you did for Spirits adding the NPC rating to Skill values like (Perception, Unarmed Combat, and so on) and to vary the value strength dependant on if it is a Grunt or a Lieutenant?
Also is it possible to add Technomancer sprits as a variant (NPC, Spirit, Vehicle +Sprits)?

Could you be so kind and reference all files that I would need to change the naming for the Attributes to change them to German? That would be a great help.

Keep up the great work.

BR
Shadow

superteddy57
November 26th, 2019, 19:45
I don't see why not, but I didn't see any solid mechanical changes between grunt's and lieutenants. If you can point me to how rating and type change a normal NPC I would be happy to add it. Technomancer sprites can be done like Spirits if you wish. For labels, you can find all the strings located in strings_morecore.xml. Just change the text after the tag and that will change the displayed name. For example:

<string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string> to
<string name="char_label_attributes">Attribute</string>

For the changes, it may take me a bit of time to get those out as my SmiteWorks projects are taking the front seat as of right now. I might even try to work on it this week end if I get the chance, but please be patient if it takes a bit longer.

Shadows
November 26th, 2019, 20:53
<string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string> to
<string name="char_label_attributes">Attribute</string>

If I change the name in the strings_morecore.xml would the the math still work? or would I need to change all refrences in the lau files as well? for instance the data_common.lua? I just tried it just changing the name in the xml does not work...

For the changes, it may take me a bit of time to get those out as my SmiteWorks projects are taking the front seat as of right now. I might even try to work on it this week end if I get the chance, but please be patient if it takes a bit longer.

Sure no problem I know as I have been working on this some time now.

but I didn't see any solid mechanical changes between grunt's and lieutenants. If you can point me to how rating and type change a normal NPC I would be happy to add it.

Well it would be more a faster way of creating NPC´s for a Campaign (for instance adding a default value for the attributes (Average of 3 for Grunts and higher average for lieutenants) and Skills like Perception, a Weapon Skill (Unarmed), or even dodge, do you get what I mean?
I tried to add this myself but could not get it to work. In the file I uploaded I changed the "Spirit of Task" to "Spirit des Task" and added a few Skills just have a look and you will see what I mean. thank you for the fast response.

BR
Shadow

Shadows
November 26th, 2019, 21:12
Ok it kind of works, it triggers the manuel dice roll...

Looks good, kind of except that "Geschicklichkeit" is now a bit long...

but it does not promt the Roll it goes to manuel dice roll, same with Skills... is there anything else I need to change?

superteddy57
November 26th, 2019, 22:46
It shouldn't go to manual rolls by default. I would go into your options and see if that is turned on. You aren't wrong that is a bit long and unfortunately made the width closer to the English spelling of the word. You might get more out of it by using a shortened version on those cases. As the result would be arranging the frames differently to accommodate.

I quickly scanned through the code and found these locations that require changing to display differently:
record_char_main.xml
record_char_more.xml

Those are code lines from your extension. Change the string within the <default> tags and it should display what you type in between them.

As for your project for updating things into German. Most of the work would be done within the string_morecore.xml. Leave the tag side alone and change the contents between the tags.

<string name="char_label_attributes">Attributes</string>

<string name="char_label_attributes"> </string> are the tags and should be left alone

Attributes is what needs to be changed to the desired name. Changing that shouldn't break any functionality within the extension. I did look over the rest of the changes you made and caution that you may need to be careful with the data_common.lua as my scripts may trigger off the naming of certain things. As you may have seen with the relationship between some of the actions and skills. The extension does look good and reach out to me if you have more questions.

Shadows
November 27th, 2019, 19:10
Attributes is what needs to be changed to the desired name. Changing that shouldn't break any functionality within the extension. I did look over the rest of the changes you made and caution that you may need to be careful with the data_common.lua as my scripts may trigger off the naming of certain things. As you may have seen with the relationship between some of the actions and skills. The extension does look good and reach out to me if you have more questions.

Yes did this and now most of the stuff is German. Unfortunatly I brocke the perception check on the Morecore page, the skill check "Wahrnehmung" (Germen Perception) Works fine. Also I tried to change the spacing with little sucess, but I will try to improve this.

Thank you for your insights help on this.
BR
Shadow

esmdev
January 2nd, 2020, 21:29
Hi. I know that your on a big project for Smiteworks (that is looking great btw) and was wonder if you plan to swing back to this project or shall we consider it completed? I ask because I am getting ready to run a game using the ruleset. So I was wondering if I still report problems here?

damned
January 2nd, 2020, 22:17
You shoudl post bugs still.

superteddy57
January 3rd, 2020, 08:38
Yeah, it's on cruise control at the moment due to Starship Combat taking a priority. I will however fix bugs that come up, but this won't see any new features for some time.

esmdev
January 4th, 2020, 16:05
Yeah, it's on cruise control at the moment due to Starship Combat taking a priority. I will however fix bugs that come up, but this won't see any new features for some time.

Hopefully the coolness from the starship combat system will eventually find it's way into the shadowrun vehicle system. :)

Anyways, I have a question about spells. Everything is pretty self-explanatory until I got to the part about drain/fade. What value should I be entering into the box? For instance, I entered mana bolt, which is F-3.

Also, is there anything specific that should be entered into keywords?

superteddy57
January 4th, 2020, 17:44
The keywords are just for display purposes. The only two pieces of spells that are absolutely needed are the bategory of spell and it's drain. Drain only needs the end of the equation from the rulebook and the proper category will display the proper fields for your spell. Using your example of Mana Bolt, you would choose:

Category Combat Spell,
Keywords Direct,
Type M,
Range LOS,
Damage P,
Duration 1,
Drain/Fade -3 (derived from the equation F-3)

Now when the the spell is placed on the Character sheet it will give two rollers one for casting and one from drain. The Drain roll will use the -3 part of it's calculation and do a drain roll.

esmdev
January 4th, 2020, 20:22
The keywords are just for display purposes. The only two pieces of spells that are absolutely needed are the bategory of spell and it's drain. Drain only needs the end of the equation from the rulebook and the proper category will display the proper fields for your spell. Using your example of Mana Bolt, you would choose:

Category Combat Spell,
Keywords Direct,
Type M,
Range LOS,
Damage P,
Duration 1,
Drain/Fade -3 (derived from the equation F-3)

Now when the the spell is placed on the Character sheet it will give two rollers one for casting and one from drain. The Drain roll will use the -3 part of it's calculation and do a drain roll.

Most excellent! So the keywords just reflect the type from the book and the drain number is just whatever is after force.

Thank you, thank you. :)

superteddy57
January 5th, 2020, 07:16
My design process is always to stay close to the rulebook as possible so what you see in the rulebook is in the ruleset.

ezieger
January 7th, 2020, 23:03
I have been working on an IP-free core content pack for this (weapon/items/qualities/etc). It was nearly completed and then got side-tracked due to life/holidays/laziness/squirrel!/etc. Give me a week and if I don't have it completed, I'll at least post what I have so as to prevent the need to hand-jam all of the core data.

zalak
January 12th, 2020, 00:33
Is there a way to edit defense test rolls on the player character sheet? My character has the adept power combat sense which adds +1 to dice pool to defense tests. Was looking through the code and it seems it's coded for only using reaction + intuition with no other modifiers (nDicePool = nRea + nInt; ). New to Fantasy Grounds so not sure if I'm just missing something basic when it comes to working character sheets.

superteddy57
January 12th, 2020, 00:44
The rolls accept modifiers from the modifier box. If there isn't an apparent way to add a misc bonus, then that would be the location to put it in before you roll. You can also can create a hotkey by typing 1 into the modifier box and then dragging it to the bottom row. Then when you attempt to do that roll you can hit the hotkey to add the modifier to add the additional dice. I could add a misc box after those rolls, but till I can complete that, it would be best to use the steps outlined above till it is implemented.

Delvaro
March 8th, 2020, 03:06
I can't get the shadowrun ruleset to show up when creating a campaign. Nor does it seem to show up under any of the available rulesets. What am i missing?

damned
March 8th, 2020, 03:29
Welcome Delvaro

This is a MoreCore Extension. You will need to download and install MoreCore and this extension.
Create a new MoreCore campaign and choose the Shadowrun 5e extension.

superteddy57
March 8th, 2020, 15:10
I can't get the shadowrun ruleset to show up when creating a campaign. Nor does it seem to show up under any of the available rulesets. What am i missing?

As damned has mentioned this is an extension for the MoreCore ruleset and won't show up as a ruleset when creating a new campaign.

You can get the MoreCore ruleset here: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860

You should download that and place it in the ruleset folder. Then have the Shadowrun 5e extension in the extension folder.

Delvaro
March 26th, 2020, 19:56
As damned has mentioned this is an extension for the MoreCore ruleset and won't show up as a ruleset when creating a new campaign.

You can get the MoreCore ruleset here: https://fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34860

You should download that and place it in the ruleset folder. Then have the Shadowrun 5e extension in the extension folder.

Apologies, I was not clear.

I can create the game, and can open metatypes as I can races or classes when using D&D 5E. The issue is that its empty. Do I need to enter all the Metatypes, abilities, spells, items, etc. myself? or did i miss a step?

1. Install moreCore (Confirmed I can create a morecore game)
2. Intall SR5e.EXT (Confirmed I can select it when creating a new game)
3. ????
4. Profit

Help me with step 3 please?

superteddy57
March 26th, 2020, 20:03
Yes, this helps in running and playing Shadowrun 5e, but is not licensed to provide trademark data. You will have to create your own modules with the data from the rulebook/supplements. I would suggest creating a development campaign (basically a separate blank campaign) to create your modules. Then export the campaign and then they will be available for game campaign.

Delvaro
March 26th, 2020, 21:31
Ah, this is what I thought. So players aren't allowed to share that campaign data around, even for free?

LordEntrails
March 26th, 2020, 23:48
Ah, this is what I thought. So players aren't allowed to share that campaign data around, even for free?
Copyright is not about commercialization, it's about distribution. So unless the Shadowrun material is released under some sort of permissive license or the company has a fan use policy, it can't be distributed (for free).

I'm not familiar with company or its policies, but hopefully someone is and can verify.

esmdev
March 27th, 2020, 03:25
Shadowrun is a property of The Topps Company and tabletop game development is licensed to Catalyst Game Labs which is a subsidiary of InMediaRes Publishing. Electronic rights to Shadowrun are held by Microsoft and currently sub-licensed to two game development houses. So depending on how the companies view VTT one or both of Topps and Microsoft would probably have to sign off on use of the intellectual property connected.

That being said, you could create your own items like 'Black Raven Heavy Pistol', 'Arcane Sphere', 'NetGenesis Cyber XII' and use equivalent game stats and your own custom description. That could be distributed but could not use names of anything connected to the official verse like Ares, Fuchi, Lofwyr, etc.

It would be great to see an officially licensed Shadowrun Ruleset but I'm not currently holding my breath.

DuderinoHamburg
March 29th, 2020, 17:50
Hi chummers,

I started with Fantasy Grounds Unity some days ago (thanks to Corona) and so I'm a rookie ;)
First of all - Thanks for this extension and all the time that was was spent to create and maintenance it.
Maybe someone can help me with my question / problem.
Everytime I try to host a campaign with Unity and this extension there is the error: 32769
Any idea how to fix it?

Many thanks in advance and best regards
Mike

superteddy57
March 29th, 2020, 21:09
This extension was never tested or built with Unity in mind unfortunately. I would suggest a regular MoreCore game on Unity till I am able to look at that issue.

damned
March 30th, 2020, 09:39
The errors should be cosmetic only. They will be patched in the next build of MoreCore

empusae
April 19th, 2020, 15:59
Just chiming in to say that I'm in the FGU boat, and as damned says, I'm mostly running into cosmetic issues that inconsistently appear. They vanish when I just wait a few minutes or open and close windows. Not a deal breaker in any way.

However, would you guys suggest I wait for further updates and patches before I launch into a headlong effort of adding campaign materials into MoreCore using this extension?

BTW I'm a first time Fantasy Grounds user, and I was so thrilled to see this extension. Serious props to both damned and superteddy57 for doing all this! You are the best.

esmdev
April 26th, 2020, 14:21
Superteddy57 was hired by Smiteworks to move along official projects (there was a huge backlog of things needing to be done) and as such that leaves him very little time for personal projects like this one.

If it is mostly working my advice would be go ahead and use it. Make note of what isn't working and figure out a work around. Maybe keep a log of what errors you see and post them here and maybe someone might come along and fix them. It never hurts to try.

rmilmine
May 17th, 2020, 22:33
Question, is there anything done to support the use of Edge? If there is how does it work? I saw while looking at the code that there appears to be some talk of edge, just not sure it was fully implemented or not.

Also, how would I go about supporting this with code? I sort of got spell casting, and summoning working. Not exactly how I want it working but it makes all the rolls in an automated fashion. Need to add combat spell support for hurting targets, but the basics of getting the dice totals rolled works. I'd like to add to the drain roll adding stun/physical damage to the character based on the drain roll.

superteddy57
May 17th, 2020, 23:41
No automation for edge. If your interested in taking over the project and adding in those features, please PM me and we can chat about it.

antaskidayo
May 19th, 2020, 09:52
you are a legend sir =)

rmilmine
May 19th, 2020, 19:25
I've talked with superteddy57 and I'm going to be taking over this project from this point on.
I've made a new thread for it and you can find it here.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?58116-Shadowrun-5e-(MoreCore-Extension)&p=511129#post511129

I will be slowly making changes. The first thing I'm going to do is get spell casting and spirit summoning/bdining working.
Then I'll work on getting edge working.
The first iteration of spell casting will not include targeting.