PDA

View Full Version : Can't Unsubscribe

Nashoba
February 22nd, 2019, 16:57
I am trying to unsubscribe from my Ultimate subscription, but when I send the email to unsub it returns a failed delivery that says "Leave failed, not a member." I still have full access to everything in the Fantasy Grounds application and was still charged $10, so I assume I'm still a member. The subscription also isn't linked to my paypal. How am I supposed to unsubscribe?

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 17:02
Welcome to the FG forums!

Sorry you're leaving so soon. :(

Subscriptions are handled 100% through PayPal - there's no way to do this via en email, it needs to be done visa PayPal. Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/faq.php?faq=license_and_purchasing_issues#faq_canc elsub

If you can't access the PayPal link in that FAQ entry, please get in touch with PayPal to try to sort it out for you. Sorry, but there's not much that can be done from the SmiteWorks end - PayPal do all the collection of funds and only tell Smiteworks (Fantasy Grounds) when a subscription is cancelled or a payment fails.

Nylanfs
February 22nd, 2019, 19:01
Note your sub is canceled the minute you tell Paypal. So you might want to set a reminder for the end of the month sub to cancel it.

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 21:03
If you are trying to cancel and you just got charged you can email [email protected] and they can refund you if it has just happened.
The link to cancel your paypal sub is here: https://www.paypal.com/myaccount/autopay/ or https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_manage-paylist

dberkompas
February 22nd, 2019, 21:26
But he said his account isn't linked to PayPal.
Then does the user have to do it through Steam?
(Since that's the only way I can think of besides PayPal that does payments for SW.)

Just a guess.

Dave

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 21:30
But he said his account isn't linked to PayPal.
Then does the user have to do it through Steam?
You can only do a FG subscription through PayPal.

It's not in an obvious place, it can be quite hard to find on the PayPal site - that's why the direct links are in the FAQ and damned's provided them as well.

dberkompas
February 22nd, 2019, 22:04
I need to go work for PayPal, and make sure I keep hiding the unsubscribe page on a weekly basis.

Dave

Necrobone
March 1st, 2019, 10:57
Sorry but I have the same problem and I have an objection.

I did the subscription without any paypal account and I need to cancel it and I still receive that message.

Also this is from your website and it says clearly that you can do it by email. I have in my inbox the automatic payment from paypal details without any paypal account, as I don't have any.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/unsub.xcp

This is what I did.

Please, help.

damned
March 1st, 2019, 12:56
That link says:

Unsubscribing without a PayPal Account

If you chose to checkout without using PayPal, then you should send us an email to [email protected] and provide your name and email address so we can unsubscribe you. Please note that any subscription that is terminated will immediately deactivate the license key and will not remain active through the remainder of the month. If you have a need for the software prior to this, please delay cancelling it until after you are done using the software. If you get billed and want to cancel it, let us know and we would be happy to refund any over-billing that results, within reason.

I would suggest you follow those directions and see what happens.

Necrobone
March 1st, 2019, 13:11
I did that, and I receive that email message "Leave failed, not a member." However I did the subscription without a paypal account, just with a credit card.

I'm trying to get some help as Paypal said to me that I needed to handle it with you, as I don't have an account that handles that.

damned
March 1st, 2019, 13:18
As a test I just tried the pay with paypal and no account.
At the bottom of that form it asks for an email address - is that the address you supplied to support?
What email address did you receive your license key to?

Necrobone
March 1st, 2019, 13:27
Hi Damned,

Yes that's correct, As I showed you on the attached images. I sent to support with the same email I used on the credit card payment and smitework account, etc. Same email for everything, and I still receive that failed message.

I received the license key on my email [email protected], I can give you any detail from the automatic payment on the credit card or smitework order if you need to.

Trenloe
March 1st, 2019, 14:05
I did that, and I receive that email message "Leave failed, not a member."
You emailed [email protected] and you got this reply? That sounds like some automated mailing list response - which I don't think Fantasy Grounds do on that email address. What subject did you use in the email you sent to [email protected] ?

Moon Wizard
March 1st, 2019, 16:17
All messages to [email protected] are answered by David, Doug or myself. We don’t have any automated messages like that. So, perhaps double-check that you sent your message to the write email address?

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
March 1st, 2019, 16:21
So, perhaps double-check that you sent your message to the write email address?
Yep, very easy to do a typo. ;)

TMOYD
March 24th, 2019, 22:56
This is terrible. PayPal is making it very difficult to cancel my subscription. I'm going to tell everyone I know not to buy this product because (in addition to being lame) it takes a lot of work to get PayPal to cancel your subscription. You should be ashamed of your customer service.

TMOYD
March 24th, 2019, 23:13
FYI: I've now been trying to get PayPal to unsubscribe me for half an hour. This is not how I wanted to spend my Sunday afternoon.

ddavison
March 24th, 2019, 23:37
We should be able to get your subscription canceled and refunded within 24 hours. No need to coordinate with PayPal since you chose to subscribe without linking it to your PayPal account.

We will email you from [email protected] once it is completed.

FG_Dave
March 25th, 2019, 06:56
Hello TMOYD

Your request has been taken care of and an email was sent to you.

David

Moon Wizard
March 25th, 2019, 17:03
For any future users who are attempting to unsusbscribe, and who did not link their subscription to a Paypal account, please contact [email protected] with the e-mail address you used during the subscription process, and we will get you squared away.

Regards,
JPG