PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk – Open Game: Sat 1200-1630 PDT.

Griogre
August 23rd, 2006, 03:35
Rappan Athuk is a con open gaming room style campaign. Object is just to “sit down” and have fun exploring a huge old style dungeon. This is a dungeon crawl with “pick up” characters and players. Different character every session? Fine. Can only commit to one session? Great.

I’m looking for 4-6 players a session. Right now I still have one slot open. If you are free and just want to play some D&D this Saturday - jump on over to Four Ugly Monsters and checkout the details here (https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/fumcomm/index.php?f=51).

Griogre
August 26th, 2006, 00:55
Saturday's session is full I will probalby run another one next week, though maybe not on Saturday.

Griogre
September 3rd, 2006, 07:21
Yesterday, a group of four adventurers were the first group to enter the shrine and vanished - four hours later they would reappear. They told the waiting priests of Heronious and Pelor that they had indeed confirmed they had been transported to Rappan Athuk. They left the city of Tsar immediately, telling the priests they were representatives from the Adventurer’s Guild located in the City State of the World Emperor. They assured the priests that members of their guild would start arriving as soon as the news was spread to their members.

Shortly after the first four adventurers returned, a heavily armed group of nine adventurers entered the shrine and added their names to the slowly growing spiral of names of those who had been transported by the shrine. These nine… did not return.

Today, five more brave adventurers: Arnblas, Jahkra, Jillian Gateopener, Thrim and William Tanner added their names to the growing roll of names magically inscribed on the round table in the center of the shrine. Three hours later four of the five returned with the body of their cleric Arnblas being left on the battlefield. Most were wounded – literally snatched from battle. The returning William Tanner was heard to exclaim: “I'm going to heal up in town and advise adventurers to steer clear of Rappan Athak.”

Each of the surviving characters earned 240 XP the hard way. If you choose to run the same character again it will start with 6,240. New characters will start at 6,000.

Things did not go as well for our intrepid adventurers as I’m sure the players would have liked. The session turned into very tough fight with success being measured by simple survival. The characters have now seen “the elephant” and only time will tell if they return. Hopefully things will turn around for the next group to enter. I enjoyed running the game and while things didn’t go well for the party, all of the players are welcomed to play the next time they can.

If possible, I would like “Arnblas” to PM me a 12-15 word piece of advice from “beyond the grave” that he would like to give to a group of adventurers newly arriving at Rappan Athuk. Please do this in character.