PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5E AL - Hardcover Campaign - Waterdeep Dragon Heist!

InvaderXion357
February 22nd, 2019, 04:52
Good Day All!

***I am currently setting up to run a new run of Waterdeep Dragon Heist - Adventurer's League - and I am looking for 2 - 3 more Core Cast players who can dedicate the time to complete the module and attend each session. Please see below for length and expectations, etc.

FG License: Ultimate - All are welcome and can join! I am a very newbie-friendly DM and don't mind helping people learn to play this awesome game!

Game System: D&D Adventurer's League - 5E - Season 8.

Time Zone: Mountain
Day of week and time: TBD by player group once initially formed ; More than likely Mondays starting at 6 pm MST but not concrete.
Planned Duration & Frequency: 4 to 6 hour sessions once weekly, or twice weekly if the desire is there to play more. Once module is completed, possibly plan to run Dungeon of the Mad Mage but more likely at that point will end up running Ghosts of Saltmarsh content.

Term: 6 - 8 weeks, depending on how long it takes to complete the hardcover. All players that sign up are expected to attend each session of the campaign all the way to completion. It will not be railroaded though, and I definitely include bonus objectives

Text or Voice: Both
Voice software used: FG app and through Discord or FaceBook calling.
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed? If the group is open to it, I am happy to setup a stream or recording for Twitch, etc.

Roleplay & Combat mix: AL - Module specific - I try for a good balance, but ultimately that is more player driven.
Number of Players in game & needed: Have 2 PCs, need 2 to 3 more.
Character starting level & equipment: For new AL Players - Level 1. All others up to lvl 5 are welcome as well!
Character restrictions: Adventurer's League Compliant. I have all core books except Mordenkainen's or the SCAG, but you may reference them if you own them yourself AND that is your +1 from character creation.

Details of your scenario: Hardback Adventure - Waterdeep: Dragon Heist! AL Game Code: DDHC-WDH

Quoted -

"WELCOME TO WATERDEEP!
A fantastic treasure trove is yours for the taking in this adventure for the world's greatest roleplaying game.

Famed explorer Volothamp Geddarm needs you to complete a simple quest. Thus begins a mad romp through the wards of Waterdeep as you uncover a villainous plot involving some of the city’s most influential figures.

A grand urban caper awaits you. Pit your skill and bravado against villains the likes of which you’ve never faced before, and let the dragon hunt begin!"

Link to Game Calendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3391

***NOTE: PLEASE do not just apply on my game calendar, as I would like you to send me a PM or a response on this thread expressing interest and giving me some information about your character. This is a great opportunity to try out a new character build at level 1 and end at level 5, ready for Tier2 content!

Lilly Fireblade
February 22nd, 2019, 05:59
What is the current APL of your group and are you far into the Hardcover? Also is your group lacking in any particular role? I am comfortable satisfying any type of role.

InvaderXion357
February 22nd, 2019, 11:35
Hey there!

The APL right now is level 4. We are about halfwayish through Chapter 3, so not too far. The group currently consists of a Ranger, a Fighter/Warlock, and a Warlock, lol. Honestly you can play whatever you would like, as this module is built to allow more flexibility in the creativity of your character rather than forcing the Tank > Healer > DPS archetypes. My goal is to try and get this and DMM done before the end of this season in May.

InvaderXion357
March 12th, 2019, 21:53
I am looking for additional PCs to join the ongoing campaign :) ! 2 - 3 more would be ideal, giving us 5 - 6 players. Primarily I am looking for people to continue playing on a weekly or bi-weekly basis (sometimes real life happens, I have children and a full time job, please be flexible!)

The next session is this evening @ 7PM MST - please check the calendar if interested!

-Xion

Antharial
March 12th, 2019, 23:29
Hey. If you’re still looking then I’d love to join in. My only problem is that I wouldn’t be able to tonight. I won’t be off work until about 8:30PM MST

InvaderXion357
March 13th, 2019, 03:29
Heya @Antharial!! Yes I am still looking for some actively communicative players :)! I've decided to just nix tonights game to give some time for new players to make room on their schedules. Normal time as stated in the advert will now be followed for the next session, Friday 03/15/2019.

How familiar are you with the FG systems?

-Xion

Antharial
March 13th, 2019, 03:34
I’m not too familiar with it. I just downloaded it last night so I haven’t had time to look at it but I’d love to join in if you’d have me

Hydrogen
March 13th, 2019, 04:00
I would definitely be interested in the group. New to FG but not DnD. If spots still open let me know and would love to chat more. Time is good with me, even for this weekend. Once learn FG looking to do some campaigns myself or at least some one shots here n there.

-Hydrogen

InvaderXion357
March 14th, 2019, 17:03
Absolutely, looking forward to meeting some new players :)! Please apply on the game calendar if you haven't done so yet, and I will send you the server ID and a link to my discord !

-Xion

DocStockton
May 11th, 2019, 07:27
Still looking for players?

InvaderXion357
May 11th, 2019, 15:32
Hey there! I am actually looking to start running this group regularly again, I took some time away myself to DM some AL games at a convention locally in my city :). It will either be Dragon Heist, Autumn Season (my favorite, I've run all 4 now) or dive into Dungeon of the Mad Mage!

-Xion

Sirjohn2
May 12th, 2019, 04:45
I'm glad someone responded to this recently. Are you still looking for more people? I'm interesting in joining.

DocStockton
May 12th, 2019, 06:51
Sounds like fun.

InvaderXion357
May 13th, 2019, 16:11
For the next run of this campaign, I am looking for 3 - 4 people, I will update the original post with this as well. I intend to run this start to finish, once per week for 6 - 8 weeks, so I need players who are able to dedicate that much time to finish the whole campaign. It's a lot of fun, I make sure to include bonus objectives for extra rewards and faction renown :).

If you'd like to vote, Dragon Heist or Mad Mage?

-Xion

Sirjohn2
May 13th, 2019, 17:31
Well I would def love to join this session. I can def dedicate the time. Can fill any role needed as I'm not too picky, just wanna play some d&d.

InvaderXion357
May 13th, 2019, 18:11
Excellent! Please sign yourself up on my game calendar , looking like Mondays are going to be the best. Not sure if we will begin tonight or next Monday to give players time to prepare, but I am open for either one. :)

Looks like i've got 4 Players now, but I am open for a few more if there are any others who would like to play this storyline!

-Xion

Sirjohn2
May 13th, 2019, 19:13
So i went to the game calendar but i don't see anything for today or next monday. Unless i'm looking at it wrong or at a wrong area. Or do i use the link from your very first post on this thread?

InvaderXion357
May 13th, 2019, 19:38
Please use the link from the first page to sign up on the calendar :)! I have now updated that as well.

-Xion

QueDaPayne
May 13th, 2019, 20:21
Hi there still looking for players?

InvaderXion357
May 13th, 2019, 21:04
Yes, we are still looking for a few more players that can play Mondays or Fridays :), still debating the final day now.

Thank you!

-Xion

Sirjohn2
May 13th, 2019, 23:08
So I applied as a player on the calendar. Anything else I need to do to make sure I'm all signed up?

Cannimal
May 13th, 2019, 23:15
@InvaderXion357 I am new to Fantasy Grounds and 5E, but I played primarily 1E and 2E and a little 3E for a couple decades. I would love to join your game if you need any additional players. Mondays work best for me, but occasionally I am on call for work (once every 3-6 weeks) but don't usually have calls that late on a Monday. Of course, I also have a family. (Uhg, the trappings of adulthood) At worst, that means I may occasionally be a late arrival, but I will make every effort to minimize those instances. If this is acceptable, please let me know.

Thanks,

Cannimal

I'm building a 1st lvl AL compliant Bard just in case

Skratching
May 13th, 2019, 23:40
I would love to play in your campaign. I'm a semi experienced player with some time spent as a DM. Currently have two AL characters a level 1 rogue that will be Rogue/sorc and a level 5 Divine Soul Sorcerer.

QueDaPayne
May 14th, 2019, 03:22
Sent you a DM Invader. Im in LOL

InvaderXion357
May 14th, 2019, 15:37
Hello all!

Based on feedback from the group as selected so far, the winning day looks like it will be Fridays instead of Mondays. This is fine. Based on the rules for AL, I can only have a maximum of 7 players in this campaign. I have potentially 1 more slot open, so I will reach out to those who have applied here to see if Fridays will be good.

To those who may not get to participate in this campaign, my deepest apologies. I will be running a bunch of one shot AL modules in the meantime, so there will be plenty of opportunity to flex your character muscles :).

Look for more info on a special preview AL module from Ghosts of Saltmarsh on Sunday the 19th, I will make a different post for that though :). Get your tricorne hats ready, it's gonna be a spooky high seas adventure!!

-Xion

QueDaPayne
May 14th, 2019, 15:59
I noticed the time changed from 8 pm to 1 am?

InvaderXion357
May 14th, 2019, 16:02
Nah, sometimes the calendar is super weird. The time for start will always be 6 PM Mountain Time, playing 4 - 6 hour sessions. :)

-Xion

QueDaPayne
May 14th, 2019, 16:26
Ok thanks for the quick clarification, look forward to it.

Rob Strebor
May 14th, 2019, 18:54
Hello,
I am very interested in joining. I am new to both FG and 5e, but I am a long time player / DM. I would be willing to play whatever race/class combo the party needs (or the DM wants).

Naughtydread
May 17th, 2019, 11:42
Hello, I would like to join and have sent you a private message.

doc ketamine
May 17th, 2019, 23:50
I'd definitely be interested in joining. Very flexible on role, and can definitely dedicate the time.

I've applied as a player. I currently have a Dwarf Forge Cleric 1 / Fighter 1 but can make a different character if a different role is needed. All of my other AL characters are T2.

InvaderXion357
May 20th, 2019, 00:31
Hey all!

Looking for a few more for the Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Preview module :)! Get your sea legs ready, its a high seas adventure on the search for a ghost ship! Tier 1 - levels 1 - 5 content.

Start time @ 7PM Mountain tonight!

-Xion