PDA

View Full Version : Question about bumping Threads

Aack Aack
February 21st, 2019, 21:05
Sorry -- if this isn't the right place for this....

I'm new to Fantasy Grounds (and of course this forum). Made a post looking for a group back in Sept of 2018....assuming that it is buried now. What is the best way to "bump" it to get more visibility. I'm really wanting to find a group to use the Fantasy Grounds VTT love the interface better than roll20. It's just harder to find a group than on roll20 IMO. :(

Trenloe
February 21st, 2019, 21:16
If the original post is still relevant, then just reply to it with any more info - at the least something like "Still looking for XX players".

Aack Aack
February 21st, 2019, 21:17
Ok.....thanks

damned
February 21st, 2019, 23:36
Hey Aack Aack if you are LFG and not LFP you should consider apply to LFP posts.
Most GM ads will get enough applicants that the GM never needs to reply to any LFG posts... The players are going to the GMs.
LFG posts are not irrelevant but they are less likely to get you a game than you actively seeking out the GMs...

Good luck!

Aack Aack
February 21st, 2019, 23:41
Thanks for the Advice, Damned. I have been doing that but having found a Pathfinder group to really fit in my timeframe....unfortunately. I will continue doing that though. Also, I did register with the College so I can sign up with some classes and/or games that way to get some first time real experience with FG before I find a game.

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 00:38
There will be a bunch of PFS tables at FGCon in April. Even if PFS is not your main type of Pathfinder that you are looking for, playing in One Shots etc will help you meet other players and GMs and this can help you find other gaming opportunities.

Aack Aack
February 22nd, 2019, 00:39
Yeh.....I meant to look up that FGCon today.....

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 00:44
GM registrations dont officially open for another 12 hours and player registrations for 4 weeks but do keep an eye on it and jump in as soon as bookings open.

Aack Aack
February 22nd, 2019, 00:47
Yeah.....I just checked it out.....I'm on vacation so I might be able to squeeze in a Friday or early Saturday PFS game. But go back to work on sunday at 2am (UTC-8) so I'll just have to see how Sunday might go.....but I'm surely putting it down on the schedule.