PDA

View Full Version : Question about life cleric

crazychrismc
February 21st, 2019, 11:35
I am a lvl 5 life cleric and a lvl 1 fighter. The question I have is how many spell/cantrip slots should I have. I am still learning fantasy grounds so I am a noob at it. Also should I go in to fighter more?

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2019, 11:45
Since you are a level 5 Cleric you'll have four 1st level slots, three 2nd level slots and two 3rd level slots. (If you created your character properly via Drag and Drop FG will know how many spell slots you should have an automatically allocate them). Note that Cantrips don't require slots and as a 5th level Cleric you'll know 4 Cantrips.

As to your second question that's entirely up to you. There's no real right or wrong answer to that.

crazychrismc
February 21st, 2019, 11:54
In my current party we don't really have a tank. Wolud a life cleric/fighter make a good tank?

crazychrismc
February 21st, 2019, 11:57
Is there a way that I could make a copy of my character and have someone check it out and make suggestions on where I can fix it/make itt better

Zacchaeus
February 21st, 2019, 14:29
In my current party we don't really have a tank. Wolud a life cleric/fighter make a good tank?

Is there a way that I could make a copy of my character and have someone check it out and make suggestions on where I can fix it/make itt better

Character creation and progression is really a personal choice. If you are having fun playing your character then continue playing them in whatever way you want. There's no need to have a tank or any other particular class in a party. My players went through Storm King's Thunder with a Bard, a Ranger, a Warlock and a Rogue. No heavy armour or much in the way of healing in sight!

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2019, 05:31
I agree with Mr Z on this. Their is no right or wrong and 5E is very capable of allowing good/succesful/fun play with any group consistency.

That said, if you want opinions I would either ask at https://www.enworld.org/forum/forum.php or https://www.giantitp.com/forums/ but be forewarned that you are likely to get many very strong and very differing opinions there about what I consider trivial considerations. Lots of optimizers on both sites that have strong opinions.

Nylanfs
February 22nd, 2019, 19:03
Gamers, strong opinions? Tell me it isn't so! :)

GavinRuneblade
February 23rd, 2019, 19:15

depending on the party and DM you might not need a tank. I am running two campaigns in 5e right now and neither one has either a tank or a healer and not having any problem with encounters beyond what a normal party would have. They use control effects (hold, charm, confuse, walls, darkness, bless, bane, etc) to minimize incoming damage instead. 5e is super flexible this way.