PDA

View Full Version : License Conflict Only with Hamachi

LordEntrails
February 21st, 2019, 01:07
I've got two players that are in the same house/network with each other and different house/network from me. They each have different Standard licenses, and I (the host) have an Ultimate license. About half our sessions we use Hamachi. Whenever we use Hamachi (but only when using Hamachi) the second one of them that logs in gets a "License Conflict" error.

We've tried them both on the same and different Hamachi networks. This shouldn't be happening, but how do we prevent this or otherwise enable us to play?

Here's the message;

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2019, 20:11
License conflict means that at least two of the machines have the same license key. License keys can only be used by one user.

To fix, you need to remove the license key from one of the machines and run a new Update.

Regards,
JPG

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2019, 05:00
I know what it means, but I am assured that the two license keys are not the same. I won't post screen shots here, but can send them to support if you want to to verify.

Also note that the conflict does NOT occur with the same exact computers, using the same setups/users/etc when I am not using Hamachi. But, as soon as fire up hamachi and have the users connect to Hamachi and then to me, the conflict starts. Since we use hamachi every other week (I travel every other week) this is a recurring issue that we have duplicated multiple times now.

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 07:59
I dont know if this is even possible but could the two players be using the same Hamachi login?

Moon Wizard
February 22nd, 2019, 15:48
I’m not sure what’s going on then. That error just says that the key reported by one of the players, either matches the GM key or another player key.

Regards,
JPG

Xemit
February 22nd, 2019, 16:49
Just a guess but could that happen if the license check can't connect to SW?

The three can connect to each other inside the VPN, but maybe inside the VPN can't see out to the Internet and blocks the license check?

I don't use Hamachi, but maybe a setting to allow/deny a bridge out to the Internet?

I've used other VPNs before and they can limit outside connections.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 16:57
Just a guess but could that happen if the license check can't connect to SW?

The three can connect to each other inside the VPN, but maybe inside the VPN can't see out to the Internet and blocks the license check?
The Internet connection is only needed for free/demo licenses joining an Ultimate license. LordEntrails mentions that the players have standard licenses, so there isn't the need for an Internet connection.

@LordEntrails - The only thing I can think of is that somehow Hamachi is mixing up communication for two connections coming from within the same local network. Is there any way one of the players could test on another network - maybe a wireless hotspot from a phone or something similar? So that Hamachi gets it's Internet connection from a different source to the other player.

LordEntrails
February 23rd, 2019, 01:43
I dont know if this is even possible but could the two players be using the same Hamachi login?
Good thought. Here's my Hamachi panel at the moment. (no one connected). The two players are moneky2 and monkey3. I'll ask if they are otherwise using the same userid or such.

The Internet connection is only needed for free/demo licenses joining an Ultimate license. LordEntrails mentions that the players have standard licenses, so there isn't the need for an Internet connection.
Other players in the group are using demo accounts, but not those two.

@LordEntrails - The only thing I can think of is that somehow Hamachi is mixing up communication for two connections coming from within the same local network. Is there any way one of the players could test on another network - maybe a wireless hotspot from a phone or something similar? So that Hamachi gets it's Internet connection from a different source to the other player.
Not sure, will investigate.

Thanks all, any more ideas appreciated :)

Bidmaron
February 23rd, 2019, 03:42
Pure VPN

DerjaegerBill
February 23rd, 2019, 23:45
Hi - I’m the player in question (my son and I). We each have separate Hamachi logins.
Last week I tried connecting myself through cellular hotspot and left my son on the home WiFi. We got the same error message though.