PDA

View Full Version : Method to connect Homebrew content to Modules?

JetEnduro95
February 20th, 2019, 06:25
New user here. I am trying to create some homebrew sub-classes / archetypes for some of the classes. I have already created one for the Fighter Class, a more active combatant version of a Samurai.

Is there a way for this specialization to appear as part of the choices during the level up?

More specifically to appear if I were to level up using a PHB module's Fighter. So far Im seeing only XGE, SCAG and PHB archetypes.

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2019, 09:28
Hi JetEnduro, welcome to FG.

No, there isn't. Modules exported from FG are in a different format from those in the books so they're not picked up in the choice box.

JetEnduro95
February 20th, 2019, 10:10
hmmm okay thanks

esmdev
February 20th, 2019, 13:31
Are you talking about creating your class so that it works like the standard 5E classes in FG? If so you might check out this link. It is a step by step method for creating classes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0vH1eeUZM&feature=youtu.be

JetEnduro95
February 20th, 2019, 13:37
Are you talking about creating your class so that it works like the standard 5E classes in FG? If so you might check out this link. It is a step by step method for creating classes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rV0vH1eeUZM&feature=youtu.be

No. Im trying to make it appear in here, irregardless of what module of Fighter Class i picked as in the case like SCAG's Archetypes, Cavalier, Samurai, Arcane Archer will appear in here.

esmdev
February 20th, 2019, 15:33
The only real way to do that would be to rewrite the class in its entirety and then add your custom mods to that and then export it to a module with.some sort of naming like MyPHB and then tell players to use that instead. It would be a whole lot of work and you couldn't likely distribute it for legal reasons but you could use for yourself. It would be a lot of work. I usually just tell players to pick the right class for their specialization but can see the benefit.

JetEnduro95
February 20th, 2019, 15:38
Well for now, all I can do is to tell my players to choose the homebrew content on specialization. Using other modules to content leveling still works, displaying the homebrew content's features

Zacchaeus
February 20th, 2019, 16:12
Well for now, all I can do is to tell my players to choose the homebrew content on specialization. Using other modules to content leveling still works, displaying the homebrew content's features

Make sure that you create all your homebrew classes in the same campaign and export to just one module. If you have multiple homebrew class modules open then you'll get all of the archetypes from every class across all of the open module.