PDA

View Full Version : Ruleset Error Pop Up windows

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 03:31
For the past few weeks every time I use Fantasy Grounds to play a game (regardless of the game) I get pop up windows with ruleset errors.
It isn't always the same error, and they show up for seemingly unrelated reasons. These are the ones I've gotten tonight.

Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (sub) in windowclass (imagebackpanel)
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (sub) in windowclass (imagefullpanel)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:577: ringBell: No permission to call ringBell
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_chat.lua"]:577: ringBell: No permission to call ringBell

Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (sub) in windowclass (imagebackpanel)
Ruleset Error: subwindow: Could not find windowclass () for control (sub) in windowclass (imagefullpanel)

damned
February 20th, 2019, 03:41
hey Nuclearspatula

What game system are you playing?
What extensions do you have loaded?
What versions of rulesets and extensions are reported in Chat please?

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 04:03
I also just got this pop-up when I opened a battle map

Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find sharing status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find shortcut status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_image.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'sub' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find sharing status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find zoom status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Ruleset Warning: imagecontrol: Could not find shortcut status icon () for control (image) in windowclass (imagewindow)
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_image.lua"]:46: attempt to index field 'sub' (a nil value)

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 04:07
Tonight D&D 5e, last week it was Pathfinder both got error pop-ups
I don't know what extensions I have loaded, how do I find out
5E ruleset v3.3.7A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2019, 04:10
Script errors are almost always due to broken community extensions.

Once you select your campaign but before you clisk Start, their is a window in the bottom left that list all of your available extension with radio buttons for those that are selected. You will also see in the chat window immediately after you start a set of messages saying what version of FG and what extensions were loaded.

The ruleset errors might be from an extension or might be from an unpacked (and therefore not updated) ruleset. The chat window might tell us that as well.

damned
February 20th, 2019, 04:13
I think you are running Advanced Kombat or an old version of Combat Enhancer....

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 04:26
And now I just got this one

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2019, 04:30
Ok, but what extensions are you using? Please provide a screen shot of the chat window immediately after starting your campaign.

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 04:43
I don't see a box on the bottom left that shows what you're talking about, sorry.

I don't know if I'm running an old version of anything i just ran an update.

Trenloe
February 20th, 2019, 04:45
You select extensions on the Start Campaign screen - before you load your campaign.

Provide a screenshot of your chat window immediately after loading - so we can see details of the extensions you have loaded.

But this is just to help us help you right now. In the long run you will need to be aware of what extensions you have loaded, and check that they are compatible with each other and the current FG version - you will need to check the forum thread of each extension you are using to get this information,

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 05:07
unfortunately I can't as game has ended and since I'm not the host I can't log onto it anymore.

I did copy this from the chat window earlier though:

5E ruleset v3.3.7A for Fantasy Grounds Copyright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC
CoreRPG ruleset v3.3.7 for Fantasy Grounds Copright 2015 Smiteworks USA, LLC

These were the only things printed in the chat window when I logged on that were not from players talking.

Nuclearspatula
February 20th, 2019, 05:10
Since its midnight where my GM is, I will talk to him tomorrow about logging on so I can take a screen shot for people

Trenloe
February 20th, 2019, 05:26
When you start Fantasy Grounds, what version number if shown in the top right corner of the start screen?

damned
February 20th, 2019, 06:00
If you are not the host/GM you need to ask them to check this info out.
What version of 5E and CoreRPG are they running?
What extensions are they running?

Moon Wizard
February 21st, 2019, 20:23
Make sure that you are running the same version of FG as the GM. There is a live version and a beta test version; ask your GM what they are running.

Regards,
JPG

Nuclearspatula
February 22nd, 2019, 05:08
We should both be running the live version of FG. We've been playing for almost a full year and these pop-ups didn't start showing up until a couple weeks ago.

LordEntrails
February 22nd, 2019, 05:12
We should both be running the live version of FG. We've been playing for almost a full year and these pop-ups didn't start showing up until a couple weeks ago.
Your using the live distribution channel, but are you both running 3.3.7a?

And, as stated, these types of errors are almost caused by the GM loading community extensions that are not up to date or by loading two or more extensions that conflict with each other. This can all be identified if the GM takes a screen shot of the chat window right after they start the campaign. The chat window of the GM will show the rulesets, versions and extensions that are laoded.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 06:10
At this point don’t assume anything. Something's changed that couple of weeks ago and we need to track down what it is.
- Double-check that both of you are indeed using the live setting.
- double check that you and the GM both show the same version in the top right corner of the main FG start screen.
- do other players get the same errors?

Nuclearspatula
February 22nd, 2019, 06:26
I'm the only one in the group who's been getting error messages (5 players and a GM)

damned
February 22nd, 2019, 09:10
I'm the only one in the group who's been getting error messages (5 players and a GM)

What operating system are you running?
64 or 32bit?
How much RAM is FG using when the errors occur?

Nuclearspatula
February 22nd, 2019, 16:17
Windows 10
I have no idea
I have no idea

sorry,not the most computer savvy, I don't even know how to find out the answers to the last 2 questions.

Trenloe
February 22nd, 2019, 16:52
@Nuclearspatula - I doubt if the errors you reported earlier in this thread are related to memory use.

Can you investigate the first two items I listed in post #18?

That is:

- Double-check that both of you are indeed using the live setting.
- Double check that you and the GM both show the same version in the top right corner of the main FG start screen.

You can check this on your side quickly - start up FG, and look at the version number in the top right of the main startup screen. Then, click the "Settings" button at the bottom of the FG start screen - check that the Updates -> Mode radio button is set to live.

Nuclearspatula
February 23rd, 2019, 00:08
v 3.3.7 free
live

Trenloe
February 23rd, 2019, 00:33
v 3.3.7 free
live
Thanks for that.

So we now need to confirm that is what the GM is running and also what extension they've enabled.