PDA

View Full Version : FG crashes when try updating of going into settings, Mac OS

Sekator
February 19th, 2019, 15:14
Hi,
So, the FG crashes everytime I try to update/go to the settngs of FG. It runs normally otherwise - loading games, etc.
When I try to update/click settings I get this (in a "windows styled" window) error message about FGupdaterEngine.exe (see a screenshot). Any ideas how to resolve it?

I have FG 3.3.6, Mac OS 10.14.3.

LordEntrails
February 20th, 2019, 04:04
I don't know what to suggest, but I know what questions the gurus are going to probably ask first :)
How did you install FG? Did you use the Mac installer from the website here? Install via Steam? or perhaps install the Win version in a WINE or Parallels environment of your own?

Sekator
February 20th, 2019, 08:19
I don't know what to suggest, but I know what questions the gurus are going to probably ask first :)
How did you install FG? Did you use the Mac installer from the website here? Install via Steam? or perhaps install the Win version in a WINE or Parallels environment of your own?

I solved the problem by completely re-installing FG. Took the time but now it's fixed. For the history: I had installed it through the Mac installer from the web-site, but I used a lic key from STEAM.

LordEntrails
February 21st, 2019, 02:06
Glad you got it working, that's what's important :)