PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-13: On the Trail of History Sun February 24 @ 1.30 PM GMT

stephan_
February 19th, 2019, 13:08
Tier 3-6, subtier will depend on the players.

Please be aware that according to the reviews, this is a challenging scenario.

In light of this, I would ask everyone to please reserve five hours for this game and to look over starship actions your character is likely to take (as well as your regular actions of course).

No game next week. Most likely #1-21: Yesteryear's Sorrow (tier 3-6) and #1-22 The Protectorate Petition (tier 1-4) after that. If all goes well followed by the first tier 5-8.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3–6.

Now possessing key information about the mysteries of the Scoured Stars, the Starfinder Society sends the PCs to a distant star system in the Vast. The idea that the non-spacefaring natives of this system have any connection with the distant Scoured Stars seems unlikely, but it's up to the PCs to confirm if a connection does exist. Other factions complicate the situation by having their own unique agendas relating to the distant world and its peaceful inhabitants.

Content in On the Trail of History also contributes to the ongoing goals of the Second Seekers (Luwazi Elsebo) faction. Content in this scenario also contributes to the ongoing year of the Scoured Stars storyline.

Written by Christopher Wasko

Scenario Tags: Faction (Second Seekers [Luwazi Elsebo]), Starship

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3388), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

Time change! 3 PM GMT!

chrisnhurd
February 19th, 2019, 14:00
Great, looking forward to continuing this storyline. Wex can fill any starship roles except captain (Pilot +12; Computers +13; Engineering +12, Gunner +8).

stephan_
February 19th, 2019, 14:09
Characters so far (4 out of 6):

Level 5 technomancer Wex

Level 5 technomancer Tash

Level 4 Operative Kang

Level 4 Soldier Cao

APL will be close again.

tahl_liadon
February 19th, 2019, 15:10
applied, if there’s open slot for late-appl lol

stephan_
February 19th, 2019, 15:26
Plenty of time to spare.

A Level 4 MC Envoy/Mystic joined the party.

APL points towards the lower tier at the moment.

Five spots filled, one spot still open.

Malkavian_Andi
February 19th, 2019, 16:09
I'm in, too.

Will have to look through my characters what I can add to the party.

stephan_
February 19th, 2019, 17:53
Alright, looks like we have a full party with six players then.

Should there be any other applications, I'll ask the other players how they feel about a 7th player. Be aware that this will lower the difficulty (for better or for worse).

Malkavian_Andi
February 19th, 2019, 18:09
I took a quick look, and here's what I can bring:

- Level 5 Solarian (more tanky than offensive)
- Level 4 Solarian (melee)
- Level 3 Soldier/Operative

I'm tending towards one of the Solarians. The 5th level character might be able to push us into high subtier, although at the current party layout we'd still able to choose to round down to APL 4.

stephan_
February 19th, 2019, 21:34
As it is a rather early start time for two players and I could in this particular instance also run the game a little bit later: Would a start time around one hour or one and a half hours later also work for everyone? If not, don't stress about it but they would appreciate it if it were possible.

chrisnhurd
February 20th, 2019, 02:47
The later start time would be fine with me.

Malkavian_Andi
February 20th, 2019, 14:51
Works for me. I won't have to work the following week, so I wouldn't mind if it gets a bit late.

stephan_
February 21st, 2019, 22:06
As there were no objections: Time change to SUN 3 PM GMT (1 1/2 hours later).

SirTristan
February 22nd, 2019, 02:09
I would like in the group

stephan_
February 22nd, 2019, 12:06
As we already have six players, I would leave it up to the players whether they want a 7th player for this scenario. I mentioned it previously but for better or worse, it will lower the difficulty.

SirTristan
February 22nd, 2019, 23:39
7 is to much all,its ok. maybe next time

stephan_
February 23rd, 2019, 20:52
Alright. As far as I'm aware, two regular players won't be able to attend the next month so there is a possibility of getting into a game even if you apply later in the week.

@Everyone: The bad news about two regular players possibly not being able to attend next month is that we might have delay the tier 5-8 scenarios a bit. I'll double-check how many level 5 players we'll have however.

Also a reminder again that the game will start at 3 PM GMT.

If anyone needs to server open today just let me know.

Malkavian_Andi
February 24th, 2019, 11:25
Guys, how's everybody's preference regarding subtier for today? I still have several possible choices for which character to play, and would like to get as close as possible to the desired subtier.

stephan_
February 24th, 2019, 14:31
The server is up (I've prepared both tiers just in case).

stephan_
February 25th, 2019, 00:26
Chronicle drafts sent (after the longest session so far).

Probably no game next week, at most #1-02 Fugitive on the Red Planet as it is really short.