PDA

View Full Version : LFP: 1 Player for ongoing 5e Campaign - 8pm EST Thursdays

groggert
February 17th, 2019, 18:38
LFP: 1 Player for ongoing 5e Campaign

FG License: Standard
Game System: Dungeons and Dragons 5e

Time Zone: US EST

Day of week and time: Thursdays - Starting around 8pm US EST (UTC - 5h)

Planned Duration & Frequency: ~3 hour sessions, weekly

Term: Long-term

Text or Voice: Both text and voice

Voice software used: Discord

Role-play & Combat mix: Dependent on player preference, but likely 50/50

Number of Players needed: 1 player

Character starting level & equipment: Level 6, standard equipment, we can figure out some good magic items to start with depending on class

Character restrictions: Standard array, Classes From PHB: No Monks. Multi-class: Only max 1 other class. Races: No monsterous/animal races. Sub-races: from any official source except those specific to a particular campaign setting (e.g. Drow). Backgrounds: Any except those specific to a particular campaign setting (may require slight flavor changes based on the starting campaign scenario). Alignment: Those who murder party members or random people indiscriminately would not be a good fit.

Details of the scenario: The campaign is homebrew/sandbox/published material campaign. I like to remix shorter published scenarios and various adventure hooks into a custom setting, allow players to pursue whichever of the plot threads that interest them most, and mold the campaign, over-arching story, and future scenarios based on which threads were followed and the player's actions during that time.

XP is awarded in a hybrid milestone/challenge/player reward format.

Wishlist for players: Friendly and respectful of everyone. Everyone is looking to have fun and treating everyone with respect is required for that to happen. Rules-lawyers are probably not a good fit as I tend to err on the side of entertainment and moving the game along when possible. Min/maxers are probably not a good fit.
Novices to Dungeons and Dragons or 5e are probably a good fit (let's master 5e together).
Old-school players looking to return to the game (like myself) or wishing revisit some classic scenarios as well as experience some new ones are likely a good fit.
Kind, friendly people are always a good fit.

We are a party of 4 looking to replace 1 player who left the campaign. The current party makeup is: Ranger, Paladin, Rouge, Bard. If you think you would be a good fit, PM me and I can answer any question you may have.

*If interested and our schedules align, please let me know what type of class you would likely want to end up playing so we can ensure a certain amount of variety in party makeup.

Ghuulk
February 18th, 2019, 00:43
I could be interested. Can I ask the age of the players?

dfresh11
February 18th, 2019, 18:14
I would be very interested in joining your group as well. I would probably be interested in running some type of warlock. I’m laid back and just looking to get back into DnD. I’m not a meta gamer. Send me a message if you’d like to go over some more details with me.