PDA

View Full Version : Wish List foir 1.0.10 (March 2019)

MadBeardMan
February 16th, 2019, 16:14
Folks,

As 1.0.9 comes to a close, it's time to discuss 1.0.10 which I aim to release end of March 2019. Do note that I'm due an operation at the end of this month, so that date might slip but not by much.

Also note that from March I'll be working mostly on MGT2E, so updates will be every other month, unless both versions share the 'same' rules.

This is my thinking for 1.0.10.

PSI Abilities (PSI Part III) - effects, cost and damage. - How do we implement this?
Ammo - Ranged weapons if they have an Ammo count listed, will show that on the Weapon Action (like in DnD5E) (already added in 1.0.9)
Player Initiative - Add an initiative button, when rolled it will roll the normal initiative roll plus any modifiers set (for skills such as Tactics, Leadership or the Haste action) (already added in 1.0.9)
Healing - Casting First Aid on a target, can apply healing, but how we do know if it's within 5 minutes (so is double effect), or within 1 hour (so is just effect).
Spaceship Data - Like Vehicles, have access to the Spaceships from the Core Rulebook - no builder.

Let me know what else you think we should add, remember we all play this (although differently) and what things do you 'need'.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
February 16th, 2019, 20:15
Great to hear about healing! Thx! And I'm really looking out for space combat, too.

Ok ... here are my picks:
1) Ammo
2) Rangecheck for weapons (the way DnD ruleset does it). Especially grenades, which deal different damages radially are difficult to play out atm.

About implementation of PSI, here are a few thoughts to your questions.
a) Effects:
The most prominent I can think of is "stunned", which means, that the char has to fail an END check (or INT in this instance?) and misses out on his round in the CT. Whenever it's his turn again and "stunned" has not worn off yet (1d6 minutes?), he does another check. If successful, stun breaks, if not, he stays down and has to wait for the next turn.
"Pyrokinesis" does fire damage, so "burning" would be an effect. It should appy damage each round (not sure right now, what the rulebook says).
"Send Thought" should make you able to take over a person. This should add the effect "charmed" and turn his ally status (if enemy, the unit becomes friendly, but if a friendly unit is taken over by an enemy, it fights for him)

b) Cost
...hmm. There is the range table in the rulebook ofc. Other than that, the player can decide how many points he can invest to boost his skill. So maybe this can be worked via a "Modifier" field like the one in the lower left corner, with the addition of it subtracting its value from the PSI attribute.

c) Damage
Well this would have to be specified in the abitlity that is the base of the action. Other than that, range would be an influence on damage (as it is on all actions).

So far my thoughts to that. Hope I didn't forgot anything.

Ardem
February 19th, 2019, 00:41
Well if anyone needs a starship builder I been working on a excel/sheets builder for my 1E campaign, it may not be 100% but it is something, until MBM gets there

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FcjsNFJKLKvlCNBSg-LY3JQNVpMuWMtQldOdG8koxRA

Also MBM you can use this for formula quick edits or to check it against your starship builder, might help provide you with inspiration <wink>

If anyone finds an error let me kno and I will update.

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2019, 08:23
Well if anyone needs a starship builder I been working on a excel/sheets builder for my 1E campaign, it may not be 100% but it is something, until MBM gets there

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1FcjsNFJKLKvlCNBSg-LY3JQNVpMuWMtQldOdG8koxRA

Also MBM you can use this for formula quick edits or to check it against your starship builder, might help provide you with inspiration <wink>

If anyone finds an error let me kno and I will update.

Nice work :)

Very useful, as Spacecraft will take some time to add into FG properly.

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
February 19th, 2019, 08:27
Great to hear about healing! Thx! And I'm really looking out for space combat, too.

Ok ... here are my picks:
1) Ammo
2) Rangecheck for weapons (the way DnD ruleset does it). Especially grenades, which deal different damages radially are difficult to play out atm.

About implementation of PSI, here are a few thoughts to your questions.
a) Effects:
The most prominent I can think of is "stunned", which means, that the char has to fail an END check (or INT in this instance?) and misses out on his round in the CT. Whenever it's his turn again and "stunned" has not worn off yet (1d6 minutes?), he does another check. If successful, stun breaks, if not, he stays down and has to wait for the next turn.
"Pyrokinesis" does fire damage, so "burning" would be an effect. It should appy damage each round (not sure right now, what the rulebook says).
"Send Thought" should make you able to take over a person. This should add the effect "charmed" and turn his ally status (if enemy, the unit becomes friendly, but if a friendly unit is taken over by an enemy, it fights for him)

b) Cost
...hmm. There is the range table in the rulebook ofc. Other than that, the player can decide how many points he can invest to boost his skill. So maybe this can be worked via a "Modifier" field like the one in the lower left corner, with the addition of it subtracting its value from the PSI attribute.

c) Damage
Well this would have to be specified in the abitlity that is the base of the action. Other than that, range would be an influence on damage (as it is on all actions).

So far my thoughts to that. Hope I didn't forgot anything.

1. Ammo is on the list, very useful.
2. I need to understand how it works in 5E and then 'steal it'. Still need to work out how Grenades should work in 1.0.9. (last thing to address).
3. PSI - we can automate certain things based on damage types, stunned making the end check.

Cost. Was thinking that maybe like DnD, add a section under all abilities (open/close with magnifying glass) that has the damage dice and the cost. So you can modify the cost there and then roll the attack dice. Something like that.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
February 19th, 2019, 18:44
Sounda great! Good work, mate!

Myrdin Potter
February 23rd, 2019, 01:01
For the heal question, the best is to just make 2 abilities. One is within 5 minutes, one is standard and then let the player choose the appropriate one. I do that in 5e for "off-hand" weapons that don't have attribute bonuses for damage or for spells that use a level higher than the base level.

MadBeardMan
February 23rd, 2019, 09:41
For the heal question, the best is to just make 2 abilities. One is within 5 minutes, one is standard and then let the player choose the appropriate one. I do that in 5e for "off-hand" weapons that don't have attribute bonuses for damage or for spells that use a level higher than the base level.

Hi Myrdin,

So your thoughts are to not use the Skill Roll (from the Skills tab), but to add a Healing roll into the Actions tab, one for 'upto 5 minutes' and another for 'upto 1 hour'?

Not a bad idea, cheers,
MBM

Myrdin Potter
February 23rd, 2019, 10:24
If the problem is deciding what the game does not track to end up with the right result, then either two “skills” or two action rolls seems like the easiest. I suppose you could have one skill and use something like holding down shift to do critical damage in the 5e ruleset could also be used and then just read if shift is being held down when applying the result of the roll would work as well.

LordNanoc
February 24th, 2019, 19:16
Sounds right to me. Something like "Battlefield Triage" action and a normal "First Aid" action.

Still, I stand by my point, that you will need a medikit to apply both and I would not make it some Harry Potter infinite bag, but instead appky charges (like ammo at guns).
In game I demand from my healers to get into melee range of their patients to apply first aid.
Oh and of course the medikit can be restocked in labs or medbays or hospitals if you come across one of these...else you have to make back for your ship.

��

MadBeardMan
March 9th, 2019, 18:32
Folks,

Initiative is completed. See this link (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?48155-Initative) for more.

Next up, Ammo.

Cheers,
MBM

LordNanoc
March 10th, 2019, 22:40
Great work, man!

MadBeardMan
March 10th, 2019, 22:42
Great work, man!

Ammo work is pretty much done, just need to tidy up a few things.

Ardem
March 19th, 2019, 12:43
Is there a reason why in the notes field there is a big traveller logo, which is hogging half the notes. Can we have the removed or reduced? Or is it a placeholder for something future wise.

MadBeardMan
March 19th, 2019, 22:37
Is there a reason why in the notes field there is a big traveller logo, which is hogging half the notes. Can we have the removed or reduced? Or is it a placeholder for something future wise.

Screenshot please, no such thing in the ruleset.

Here's the notes window on my desktop.

Cheers,
MBM

Ardem
March 21st, 2019, 00:42
Sorry i forgot to add this is in the NPC Notes

MadBeardMan
March 21st, 2019, 10:32
Sorry i forgot to add this is in the NPC Notes

Ah ok, no worries.

I'm about to head off and get my train, so will be offline until Monday.

However, what you are seeing is a placeholder, drag a token and it'll attach itself to the NPC.

See here:

Cheers,
MBM

Ardem
March 21st, 2019, 23:52
Oh I thought that what it might be but I was trying images not tokens and nothing happened.

Side note: If I was to make a 1 pixel toekn would it squish up to make more notes. I will test tonight to see i know your away. Thanks for all your work.

Ardem
March 26th, 2019, 01:43
Seems to be locked to a single size.

A change I would like to see is when there is no token that that size is minimised. To see more of the notes.

MadBeardMan
March 27th, 2019, 01:06
Seems to be locked to a single size.

A change I would like to see is when there is no token that that size is minimised. To see more of the notes.

Hi Ardem,

Ok I'll see what I can do, if there's no token attached, hide the section and expand the notes area to cover the full page.

Cheers,
MBM

esmdev
March 29th, 2019, 03:35
Speaking of resizing things, would it be possible to make the character sheet resizable? It would be really cool to be able to see more action tab and more notes at once. :) Not a priority but something that would be nice down the road.

MadBeardMan
March 31st, 2019, 11:16
Speaking of resizing things, would it be possible to make the character sheet resizable? It would be really cool to be able to see more action tab and more notes at once. :) Not a priority but something that would be nice down the road.

Hi Chap,

It's on the cards, especially since the action tab gets a lot of stuff in it! Some tabs are easy to resize, the main though isn't, but I'll do something.

Cheers,
MBM

Ardem
April 23rd, 2019, 02:05
Hmm is there something we can do about Initiative changes in combat.

As you know in combat a recoil or dodge or parry changes the initiative until the end of the turn. And you can do multiple dodges.

I thought of a way to do this and would make combat faster in the ruleset. At this stage i had a pain of a time changing this as the players could not change there own initiative.

The Combat Tracker, you could have multiple bubbles for dodge and parry for NPC and PC, when click it automatically deducts the negative from initiative. Now you could just when clicking next just remember if someone had a turn already, or have a finished turn flag that skips over you. This is activated when the play click end turn, if you want to be tricky for now I think just allow the players to say I had my turn and hope the GM keeps track of all the NPCs.

Now the tricky part is when does a player get back the initiative, if it was clicked before there turn they get it back at the end of the turn, if it is clicked after there turn they get it when it is there turn. As the rules states.

My thought you could just clear it at the end of the turn, and players or GM can further ticks to fudge what it should be when the turn starts, and untick once reaching there turn.

As for recoil this can be added automatically on an attack roll, by looking at strength, however there need to be an extra option to select burst fire or auto, which would help in bullet tracking as well in the action tab.

--------------------

I am sure this is clear as mud, but at the very least make initiative changeable for players. But some automation here would be good.

donpaulo
May 12th, 2019, 11:06
I find the targeting a bit counter intuitive. Clicking on my character first, then targeting the enemy seems a bit unnecessary ?

Its by no means broken and doesn't need any attention until other aspects get rolled out

MadBeardMan
May 12th, 2019, 13:12
I find the targeting a bit counter intuitive. Clicking on my character first, then targeting the enemy seems a bit unnecessary ?

Its by no means broken and doesn't need any attention until other aspects get rolled out

Normally I drag my attack dice over the icon who I'm attacking, if I don't want to do that, I open up the targetting tab (on the CT) and then drag the target icon over my target. So I'm a bit lost what you're trying to do.

donpaulo
May 12th, 2019, 13:17
No worries Ardem requires us to target the enemy before attacking.
So we first cllick on our character, then the enemy, finally roll to hit

I'll lobby to change the rule :)

LordNanoc
May 12th, 2019, 13:48
Normally I drag my attack dice over the icon who I'm attacking, if I don't want to do that, I open up the targetting tab (on the CT) and then drag the target icon over my target. So I'm a bit lost what you're trying to do.
I think he refers to
1. click on yourself in the map
2. strg+click on target in the map
3. attack

Ardem
May 14th, 2019, 04:25
Dragging your dice on the attack does automatically add the target. Which is all I need the reason I request you link to the target is because damage is applied directly to the opponent and armour values are taking into account. Also I am so used to Ctrl and Click for a target I forgot dragging dice on the target was an option.

Ruleset requires a target to take advantage of the damage and armour tracking

I am happy you do it any of the three ways donpaulo as long at there is a target in the Combat Tracker I do not care. Sorry if I had not made that clear. Lobbying confirmed <smile>

donpaulo
May 14th, 2019, 04:33
Dragging your dice on the attack does automatically add the target. Which is all I need the reason I request you link to the target is because damage is applied directly to the opponent and armour values are taking into account. Also I am so used to Ctrl and Click for a target I forgot dragging dice on the target was an option.

Ruleset requires a target to take advantage of the damage and armour tracking

I am happy you do it any of the three ways donpaulo as long at there is a target in the Combat Tracker I do not care. Sorry if I had not made that clear. Lobbying confirmed <smile>

Yes !

Drag and drop is my preferred method of attack and forcing rolls such as saves

But I suspect our combat is not being tied down on my part of the round to begin with :bandit:

Ardem
May 17th, 2019, 02:39
hahahah no comment.

Ardem
May 19th, 2019, 09:54
Here is another one for you MBM.

Change the Map grid 5' into 1 or 1.5m squares. The Link below is how it is done in 3.5. I would do an extension, however I do not know how this will effect your code since I cannot see your real code as it is encrypted.

If you can put an option in the GM Options section to allow a variable that would even be better, you could even use this down the track for range combat target numbers. I know even more work but no harm in me asking <smile>

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?22561-Map-units

LordNanoc
May 20th, 2019, 06:04
Hiya

Not sure, where we are Traveller-wise atm. There is an eerie silence here :D

What I just stumbled over are effects. The dialog to create effects (like "Poisoned" and "Burning" or similar) doesn't really work yet, does it? Or am I missing something?
I just found the description for DnD 5e effects here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Effects

I would like something like that. But at first it must not be that refined. Right now I would like very much toi have a way to apply an effect-based damage each round for a given duration.
There is already a number field that you can edit, which states the number of rounds the effect lasts (subtract one for the actual round). Now I'ld like to have a possibility to add damage, like "1d6 fire" or if the damage differs for each round something like "1d6 poison, 1d6-2 poison, 1d6-4 poison" ...

That would do nice for now.

Thx :)

@MBM hope you're allright.
cya,
Nanoc

ps: do we have "poison" as a damagetype yet? Asking for a friend :D :D

Ardem
August 1st, 2019, 05:21
MBM any chance the change to map scale I posted two posts above could be added it would be nice to have it in the 1.5m scale, in the next release. It would really make combat easier for those range check with the arrows.

MadBeardMan
August 1st, 2019, 07:39
Morning All,

I'll look at the poison issue, it 'should' work.

About the 'Map Scale', yes, I'll do that as well.

Cheers

MadBeardMan
August 3rd, 2019, 15:26
Folks,

Working on Traveller atm, last day of work yesterday, I'm taking some 'personal' time off working - lots of family issues and things, let's just say I got home last night after my leaving party and the Police turned up... I won't say why (nothing to do with my family) and I need some headspace, I can get that coding :)

Map and Damage Types will be sorted today.

Map is done, now in 1m squares:

Cheers,
MBM

MadBeardMan
August 3rd, 2019, 16:31
Folks,

Effects - there is no effects system atm. There isn't an effect list like there is in DnD5E. There was for WOiN so I added it to that.

If we can cobble together something I can work to add it, it's not difficult to do, just time-consuming and requires lots of testing.

Cheers,
MBM