PDA

View Full Version : Fog of War not availible

War
February 16th, 2019, 04:48
I imported a map for the ambush in Lost Mine of Phandelver and the mask option is greyed out. I checked the radial menu and and there is no option for mask under layers either. Not sure what im missing here.

LordEntrails
February 16th, 2019, 06:04
Welcome to the forums, sorry you having a problem.

Can you post a screen shot? Myself, I've never seen Mask not available before. It's sounds like you are trying to access the command correctly, not sure what it might be.

Zacchaeus
February 16th, 2019, 08:33
HI War welcome to FG.

When you say imported what do you mean by that? It sounds like the image is locked and thus has been made uneditable. Either that or are you using any extensions - especially any of the layers extensions and if so are you on the right layer?

War
February 17th, 2019, 04:01
Thanks for responding, I figured it out shortly after posting. It was as Zacchaeus said I was using the Layered map extension and didn't know fog only worked oont the bottom layer.

Trenloe
February 17th, 2019, 19:56
Thanks for responding, I figured it out shortly after posting. It was as Zacchaeus said I was using the Layered map extension and didn't know fog only worked oont the bottom layer.
There are a number of limitation/gotchas with the layers extension - all documented in the extension thread. I’d recommend making sure you’re aware of them.