PDA

View Full Version : LAE:ExpandedOptions v1.1 for 5E

deer_buster
February 15th, 2019, 07:43
This extension will provide some arguably better output on the attack rolls. See the image below for what the results look like for the settings chosen.

NOTE: This extension is now available exclusively on the Forge (https://forge.fantasygrounds.com/shop/items/716/view).

v1.5 output

Please let me know if you find any bugs with it. I've done some local testing, but have not yet run a session with it.

If you find it useful or want to suggest any changes, let me know as well.

Options and Usage: (NOTE: FGU does not have a Show Roll Total option as it is redundant)

Game (GM) Section

Chat: Show Attack Rolls in results

Off - No attack roll total appears in any attacks
On - Attack roll total appears in all attacks
Friendly - Attack roll total appear only if PC is the attacker

Chat: Show results to client

Off - No attack results show up in any attacks
On - Attack results appear for all attacks
Friendly - Attack results appear only if PC is the attacker

Chat: Use Attack Prettifier

Off - No change in existing functionality (default)
On - based on 'Chat: Show results to client' and 'Chat: Show roll totals' settings will give arguably better looking client output on attack rolls. (See ExpandedOptionsSettings.PNG attachment for settings and output)

Combat (GM) Section

NPC: Rolls (Variable, Fixed, or Max)

Variable - No change in existing functionality (NPC attacks rolls damage dice as players do) (default)
Fixed - No change in existing functionality (NPC attacks do average damage)
Max - NPC attacks do Maximum Damage (be careful with this one)

Add: All NPC numbering

On - If 'Add: NPC numbering' is set to 'Random', adds a random number to all NPCs (named and singles). If set to 'Append', appends incrementing numbers to the same.

House Rules (GM) Section

CT: Max Normal Die on Critical

On - All normal and effect die are maximized on a critical. Critical dice are rolled as normal

PC: Notify on level up available

On - When XP is awarded, checks to see if PCs have enough experience to level up and notifies everyone in Chat. Also, updates the XP needed for Next Level on the character sheet.

PC: Player HP per level

Default - No change in existing functionality (PC gains average, or fixed, hitpoints when they add a class level)
Hybrid - When a class level is added, player gets better of average or random hitpoints (default)
Random - When a class level is added, player gets random hitpoints

CHANGELOG
v1.0 - Initial Release
v1.1 - Fixed a typo
v1.2 - Eliminated Debug.chat output
v1.3 - Added option "Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" to the Game (GM) section to control whether or not to use "pretty" attack messages. Combined the Average HP option extension into this extension.
v1.4 - Modified option "NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)" to "NPC: Rolls (Variable, Fixed or Max)". With Max set, NPCs will deal maximum regular damage (will still roll critical dice).
v1.5 - Added option "PC: Notify on level up available" to House Rules (GM) section. Automatically updates XP for Next Level and notifies which characters are eligible to raise their character level (see v1.5.png for example output)
v1.6 - Bug fix for Adding Class Specializations such as Paladin Oaths
v1.7 - Simplified logic and code for NPC Max Damage option, as well as including an Houserule option to maximize normal dice on a Critical "CT: Max Normal Die on Critical", which defaults to "off". Although this shouldn't conflict with TheoGeek's Improved Critical, there should be no need for both. If you use his, keep this option off.
v1.8 - Added option "Add: All NPC numbering" to disallow players the ability to metagame which ones might be tougher or more important. Note: best way to use this is to use unidentified named creatures and use the base type of creature as the unidentified name. There is a chance that random numbers will duplicate, but appended numbers always will.
v1.9 - Bugfix for dragging and dropping attack rolls with no target
v2021-02-22 - Updated for CoreRPG changes v2021-02-01
v2021-02-23 - Updated for some missed changes for the CoreRPG for "friendly" show results.
v2021-02-23a - removed erroneous ).
v2021-03-14 - Fixed max normal die for criticals
v2022-07-20 - Updated for recent CoreRPG/5E changes, moved to distribution within the Forge
v2022-07-23 - Fixes for a bug submitted by MrDDT
v2022-07-24 - Returned output for Attack Prettifier back to previous layout. Added more flavor to results.
v2022-07-26 - Removed debug chat messages
v2022-07-27 - Fixed some issues surrounding Show Results
v2022-08-03 - Updated HP options (see above). Now takes advantage of new class manager

Slalom
February 15th, 2019, 08:09
Nice work ! I love it .

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2019, 08:53
You may want to say what ruleset(s) this works in.

Callum
February 15th, 2019, 10:18
That's an interesting extension - well done! It doesn't seem to offer an option whereby the players can see their own roll totals, but they can't see the DM's roll totals. That is the mode that I've seen in all the face-to-faced games I've played - the players roll their own dice, and see the results, but the DM rolls their dice behind the screen and tells the players the outcome.

Zacchaeus
February 15th, 2019, 11:03
That's an interesting extension - well done! It doesn't seem to offer an option whereby the players can see their own roll totals, but they can't see the DM's roll totals. That is the mode that I've seen in all the face-to-faced games I've played - the players roll their own dice, and see the results, but the DM rolls their dice behind the screen and tells the players the outcome.

That's already built into FG, Switch off Show DM Rolls and leave the other two options on. All that this extension does is change the output of the roll in chat. It doesn't change who sees what.

arkanis
February 15th, 2019, 13:05
Great extension. I'm probably asking too much, but let me explain:
The way we play, we like to show the players the GM's roll, that the result is a hit, but hide the bonus applied and the total result, so people that use spells or abilities similar to Shield would know that is a hit, but has to risk wasting a spell slot. Right now shield has no risk involved, just substracting which makes it extra powerful. And hiding GM rolls is not an option, hiding rolls from players always seemed shady to us and prone to fudging.

TLDR, is it possible to hide bonuses applied and total result, but show dice roll and if the attack is a hit or a miss?

TY

deer_buster
February 15th, 2019, 13:52
Great extension. I'm probably asking too much, but let me explain:
The way we play, we like to show the players the GM's roll, that the result is a hit, but hide the bonus applied and the total result, so people that use spells or abilities similar to Shield would know that is a hit, but has to risk wasting a spell slot. Right now shield has no risk involved, just substracting which makes it extra powerful. And hiding GM rolls is not an option, hiding rolls from players always seemed shady to us and prone to fudging.

TLDR, is it possible to hide bonuses applied and total result, but show roll and if the attack is a it or a miss?

TY

I understand what you are saying. You want to see the raw d20 and the result. I'll do some looking and see if there is anything I can provide in that realm.

deer_buster
February 15th, 2019, 13:54
You may want to say what ruleset(s) this works in.

I originally had it in the topic title, but when I did a quick advanced edit of the first post to fix a typo, it actually changed the topic title too....which I didn't think was possible (with only the post title being able to be changed). Could you possible change it to put it back in?

Trenloe
February 15th, 2019, 14:54
I've added 5E to the thread title.

deer_buster
February 15th, 2019, 14:57
Thanks Trenloe!

Three of Swords
February 15th, 2019, 15:40
Interesting extension. I like it. I can look at just the last line in chat to know what happened on an attack. If i need more details, I can look above.

Now it needs to include saves, if possible.

<target> saves [<value>] against <caster>'s <spell name>. [<result>]

Crocodile saves [17] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]

Bonus points if it can include all saves together at the end of the attacks rather than separated by target.

Crocodile 1 saves [17] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]
Crocodile 2 saves [6] against Bilbo's Fireball. [FAILURE]
Crocodile 3 saves [13] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]

Edit for 'bonus points' addition.

deer_buster
February 15th, 2019, 18:15
Interesting extension. I like it. I can look at just the last line in chat to know what happened on an attack. If i need more details, I can look above.

Now it needs to include saves, if possible.

<target> saves [<value>] against <caster>'s <spell name>. [<result>]

Crocodile saves [17] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]

Bonus points if it can include all saves together at the end of the attacks rather than separated by target.

Crocodile 1 saves [17] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]
Crocodile 2 saves [6] against Bilbo's Fireball. [FAILURE]
Crocodile 3 saves [13] against Bilbo's Fireball. [SUCCESS]

Edit for 'bonus points' addition.

Wow, SAVE VS is embedded pretty deeply...you have to branch out so far and deep that I don't know if it is a good ROI to do...if the ruleset would have passed along the rAction thoughout the Saves, it would have been fairly simple process...but as it stands, that would take a LOT of work, as far as I can tell.

Not discounting your suggestion...I can see the value of the added flavor, and I would very much like this as well.

Three of Swords
February 15th, 2019, 21:16
Well darn.

Was thinking an array might work. Save the data in the array as each save is made, then spit it out at the end of the function.

But I haven't looked at the code at all. And have never written an extension. So I can't say for certain how easily this is done.

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 06:30
Released v1.3 - Added option "Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" to the Game (GM) section to control whether or not to use "pretty" attack messages. Combined the Average HP option extension into this extension.

rpranger
February 18th, 2019, 10:55
I understand what you are saying. You want to see the raw d20 and the result. I'll do some looking and see if there is anything I can provide in that realm.

Add my name to the list of people who are hoping you can do it :)

deer_buster
February 18th, 2019, 20:15
v1.4 - Modified option "NPC: Rolls (Variable or Fixed)" to "NPC: Rolls (Variable, Fixed or Max)". With Max set, NPCs will deal maximum regular damage (will still roll critical dice).

deer_buster
February 20th, 2019, 05:28
v1.5 - Added option "PC: Notify on level up available" to House Rules (GM) section. Automatically updates XP for Next Level and notifies which characters are eligible to raise their character level (see v1.5.png for example output)

tstory30
February 20th, 2019, 05:32
I am loving your additions to the game deer_buster

deer_buster
February 20th, 2019, 05:36
I am loving your additions to the game deer_buster
Thanks. I'm glad you like them. I'm liking seeing the changes in our game!

Johnny Opie
February 21st, 2019, 16:51
Thanks deer_buster. I'll give these a roll in my next session.

stewartl42
February 24th, 2019, 07:13
I've found a bug in this extension. Somehow it messes with Paladin and third level abilities are not added to the character when leveling.

Steps to recreate:

1. Create a new campaign

a. 5e Ruleset
b. Extensions: LAE: Expanded Options
c. Screenshot: 26443

2. Load PHB (Not SRD, as it only has one oath)

a. Screenshot: 26445

3. Create a new PC

a. Add 3 levels of Paladin
b. Select your Oath
c. Check the "Abilities" tab and none of the 3rd level stuff is there.
d. Screenshot: 26446
e. Screenshot: 26447

4. Exit to Launcher

a. Uncheck LAE: Expanded Options
b. Start

5. Create a new PC

b. Select your Oath
c. Check the "Abilities" tab and all of the 3rd level stuff is there.

Zacchaeus
February 24th, 2019, 10:17
I've found a bug in this extension. Somehow it messes with Paladin and third level abilities are not added to the character when leveling.

I just tested this and it messes with archetypes of all character classes, not just the Paladin. Nothing is added to the character for any archetype

deer_buster
February 24th, 2019, 13:19

Steps to recreate:

1. Create a new campaign
a. 5e Ruleset
b. Extensions: LAE: Expanded Options
c. Screenshot: 26443

2. Load PHB (Not SRD, as it only has one oath)
a. Screenshot: 26445

3. Create a new PC
b. Select your Oath
c. Check the "Abilities" tab and none of the 3rd level stuff is there.
d. Screenshot: 26446
e. Screenshot: 26447

4. Exit to Launcher
a. Uncheck LAE: Expanded Options
b. Start

5. Create a new PC
b. Select your Oath
c. Check the "Abilities" tab and all of the 3rd level stuff is there.

Fixed with v1.6

deer_buster
March 4th, 2019, 04:07
v1.7 - Simplified logic and code for NPC Max Damage option, as well as including an Houserule option to maximize normal dice on a Critical "CT: Max Normal Die on Critical", which defaults to "off". Although this shouldn't conflict with TheoGeek's Improved Critical, there should be no need for both. If you use his, keep this option off.

deer_buster
March 13th, 2019, 05:43
v1.8 - Added option "Add: All NPC numbering" to disallow players the ability to metagame which ones might be tougher or more important. Note: best way to use this is to use unidentified named creatures and use the base type of creature as the unidentified name. There is a chance that random numbers will duplicate, but appended numbers always will.

Ckorik
March 19th, 2019, 04:37
When using this extension - if a player rolls to hit - but doesn't have a target - then drags the result onto an NPC - I get a script error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:171: attempt to concatenate local 'sLabel' (a nil value)

When I turn off the extension the drag and drop an otherwise unspecified attack works like it should.

tstory30
March 19th, 2019, 04:51
When using this extension - if a player rolls to hit - but doesn't have a target - then drags the result onto an NPC - I get a script error.

Script Error: [string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:171: attempt to concatenate local 'sLabel' (a nil value)

When I turn off the extension the drag and drop an otherwise unspecified attack works like it should.

I actually believe that has to do with the fact the prettifier is looking for weapon, enemy, etc. And by dragging, it loses all the info.

deer_buster
March 19th, 2019, 05:38
Thanks for the detailed bug report.

v1.9 - Bugfix for dragging and dropping attack rolls with no target - RELEASED

HuseyinCinar
May 24th, 2019, 21:23
This extension will provide some arguably better output on the attack rolls. See the image below for what the results look like for the settings chosen.

The two options for Chat exist in the game, right? I'm having trouble understanding the image. The image shows 6 possible settings already available in the base game I believe. If so, what does this extension change?

I'd love to see side to side results as I'm not sure I understand

deer_buster
May 25th, 2019, 03:36
The two options for Chat exist in the game, right? I'm having trouble understanding the image. The image shows 6 possible settings already available in the base game I believe. If so, what does this extension change?

I'd love to see side to side results as I'm not sure I understand

They are listed out side by side in the image you quoted...compare those results to what you get now...

The "Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" option is an option provided by the extension under the Game (GM) Section. It depends on what the settings of the "Chat: Show results to client" and "Chat: Show roll totals" options, also under that same section. With those settings shown in various positions, you would get output similar to what the line to the right of those settings show....depending on who rolls the attack. If the DM rolls the attack, you'd get output similar to the first one...if the client rolls the attack, you'd get output similar to the second one...these all depend on the option "Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" being turned on.

I'm not sure how to be any clearer on it.

HuseyinCinar
May 25th, 2019, 19:20
I've tried some options on and off to find the best settings for me.

I have a bard in the game this time so I'm trying to manage the information revealed on Attacks and Saves.

I set it up right now so that: When a player attacks they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. They can choose to add Bardic Inspiration.
I set it up so that: When a player is attacked they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. The bard can choose to use Cutting Words.

The problems is with the second portion. If I roll a 10 against a PC, and have a +4 on the attack; the chat shows "PC is attacked with 14". So now they already know the result which they shouldn't based on Bardic Inspiration and Cutting Word.

I'm looking for a way that in the same example it shows "Pc is attacked by 10" (reveal only the dice roll). Then they can choose to Cut it or whatever. If they do or don't then I say it hits or misses.

deer_buster
July 15th, 2019, 03:38
I've tried some options on and off to find the best settings for me.

I have a bard in the game this time so I'm trying to manage the information revealed on Attacks and Saves.

I set it up right now so that: When a player attacks they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. They can choose to add Bardic Inspiration.
I set it up so that: When a player is attacked they see a dice total but not [HIT]/[MISS]. The bard can choose to use Cutting Words.

The problems is with the second portion. If I roll a 10 against a PC, and have a +4 on the attack; the chat shows "PC is attacked with 14". So now they already know the result which they shouldn't based on Bardic Inspiration and Cutting Word.

I'm looking for a way that in the same example it shows "Pc is attacked by 10" (reveal only the dice roll). Then they can choose to Cut it or whatever. If they do or don't then I say it hits or misses.

That would take some doing I think. I think once Unity is released we will have more options available to us as to what we reveal to which client (at least I am hoping so)...

Yogel
November 4th, 2019, 07:39
On the alternate critical hit damage, is there anyway to max the weapon dice and not the effect dice?

For example, if I have a 3rd level rogue character that crits with a dagger they would roll 1d4+2d6(sneak attack effect). With this extension, when I have the "max normal die on critical" set to "on" it maxes ALL dice, and then rolls a new set of them. I guess I'm looking for an option to only max the weapon damage as it can be a bit much on stuff like Sneak Attack and Divine Smite

Other than that tiny thing, I'm really loving all these options. Nicely done!

LordEntrails
November 4th, 2019, 19:45
Vogel, not yet. But understand, RAW all the dice are supposed to be doubled.

deer_buster
November 4th, 2019, 20:24
On the alternate critical hit damage, is there anyway to max the weapon dice and not the effect dice?

For example, if I have a 3rd level rogue character that crits with a dagger they would roll 1d4+2d6(sneak attack effect). With this extension, when I have the "max normal die on critical" set to "on" it maxes ALL dice, and then rolls a new set of them. I guess I'm looking for an option to only max the weapon damage as it can be a bit much on stuff like Sneak Attack and Divine Smite

Thanks.

Not seeing a way to readily do this as the effects dice have already been added to the dice array by the time the damage is rolled.

Majestik Moose
April 29th, 2020, 23:20
Am I being silly or has the "Chat: Show roll totals" option disappeared in Unity? Love the extension but with the Prettifier on I can't display the total to the clients now.

tstory30
April 29th, 2020, 23:28
Am I being silly or has the "Chat: Show roll totals" option disappeared in Unity? Love the extension but with the Prettifier on I can't display the total to the clients now.

This extension was originally written with Fantasy Grounds Classic and not Unity compatibility. Maybe deerbuster will know how to fix it as long as he has Unity.

Majestik Moose
April 29th, 2020, 23:40
This extension was originally written with Fantasy Grounds Classic and not Unity compatibility. Maybe deerbuster will know how to fix it as long as he has Unity.

I figured that might be the case. My main reason for using this extension is to remove the average hp on level up though. That works fine still.

TheoGeek
April 29th, 2020, 23:45

Not to toot my own horn, but check out this extension:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?34431-New-Extension-TheoGeek-s-Improved-Critical

It has a bunch of different options for handling critical damage. There are issues with the LAE:Expanded Options extension though, but depending on which Expanded Options you use, they can be made to work together...that same thread shows one way.

deer_buster
April 30th, 2020, 05:03
Hadn't gotten around to making it work with Unity yet...just such a pain in the *** without the reload option working...

TheoGeek
April 30th, 2020, 05:28
Hadn't gotten around to making it work with Unity yet...just such a pain in the *** without the reload option working...

I hear that! :)

deer_buster
April 30th, 2020, 06:26
Not even going to consider updating extensions until the /reload command works...

Majestik Moose
April 30th, 2020, 09:04
While I can't say that it is completely compatible with FGU, I've tested most of the functionality and the extension seems to work fine.
The issue i have found is that the Chat:Show roll totals option has disappeared. I think this is an issue with FGU itself (the wiki says the option should still exist).

Jiminimonka
October 21st, 2020, 19:33
Hi, love this extension, however it breaks functionality with Elemental Adept Extension (on DMSGuild https://www.dmsguild.com/product/312867/Fantasy-Grounds-Automatic-Elemental-Adept) on FGU at the moment.

I think /reload works now in FGU btw :) (but not when players are connected)

SieferSeesSomething
December 12th, 2020, 02:39
This looks like it would be useful with Mattekure's Audio Overseer extension (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?53459-MK-Syrinscape-Sound-Links-module) to put more things in a single-line to better trigger sounds. Can anyone who has tried this on FGU recently confirm it works?

espanRebel
January 4th, 2021, 21:02
I loaded this and am unable to get the "use average hit point" when leveling a character. I tried both yes and no and both still gives the character the average hit points. What am I doing wrong? The option does comes up under settings.

SirMotte
February 21st, 2021, 21:56
Unfortunately broken with the 16th Update, as this extension still relies on the ActorManager2, which no longer exists. Any chance you will update this extension? /reload works in FGU now.

Majestik Moose
February 21st, 2021, 23:18
Confirmed that the extension no longer works.

deer_buster
February 22nd, 2021, 03:55
I will check into fixing it

SirMotte
February 22nd, 2021, 16:58
I will check into fixing it

Awesome, really love this extension, as it makes the texts sooo much better!

deer_buster
February 22nd, 2021, 20:12
I've done a quick fix for the CoreRPG update. I need to go through this with a fine tooth comb again and see if there are any other things I need to change from previous 5E updates, but it should work for those that want to use it now.

SirMotte
February 22nd, 2021, 20:13
Thanks a lot, testing now :).

MSW
February 23rd, 2021, 14:53
Hi, I could not found the following Settings: 'Chat: Show roll totals'
I use Unity and loaded only your extensions.
Thanks for your help.

deer_buster
February 23rd, 2021, 17:27
Hi, I could not found the following Settings: 'Chat: Show roll totals'
I use Unity and loaded only your extensions.
Thanks for your help.

I have a potential fix for that, but checking with Moon Wizard as to why that option was removed from FGU and not FGC before I roll it out.

deer_buster
February 23rd, 2021, 17:54
Show Roll Totals is redundant in FGU, that is why it was removed. No real point in showing roll total in the attack results if you already see the roll total on the dice.

deer_buster
February 23rd, 2021, 19:30
v2021-02-23 hotfix for "friendly" show results option. Note: FGU does not have a show roll total option as it is redundant to default functionality.

eporrini
February 23rd, 2021, 20:52
I get an error when loading this extension: "2/23/2021 3:48:13 PM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (5E) (LAEAttackPrettifier): [string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:180: 'then' expected near ')'".

deer_buster
February 23rd, 2021, 22:16
I get an error when loading this extension: "2/23/2021 3:48:13 PM] [ERROR] Failed to load script buffer (5E) (LAEAttackPrettifier): [string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:180: 'then' expected near ')'".

Yep, hotfixed

SirMotte
February 23rd, 2021, 22:20

Same here, removing the doubled ) fixes the issue.

NVM^^ already fixed...

Ozsome
March 14th, 2021, 17:40
Thank you very much for this option. I found this recently as a player wanted to use the house rule we use at the table for max of the normal weapon die and they roll the crit dice manually to make critical hits feel a little more significant (everyone hates rolling a pair of ones on a crit).
Last night in 5E Unity game (sorry I didn't screen capture it), a player rolled a crit, we saw the weapon die hit a one and the bonus crit die roll a 4. The program seemed to correct it because the damage display showed a 6 and a 4 in the added display dice. Everyone said NICE over the headsets when we realized the program did what it said. However, in looking at the results, it showed 6 (wpn)+4(crit)+5 (+1 wpn and 18 stat) = 10. So, it changed the dice but the total was what was originally rolled.
Has anyone else seen this that uses the house rule dice function?

deer_buster
March 14th, 2021, 22:43
Thank you very much for this option. I found this recently as a player wanted to use the house rule we use at the table for max of the normal weapon die and they roll the crit dice manually to make critical hits feel a little more significant (everyone hates rolling a pair of ones on a crit).
Last night in 5E Unity game (sorry I didn't screen capture it), a player rolled a crit, we saw the weapon die hit a one and the bonus crit die roll a 4. The program seemed to correct it because the damage display showed a 6 and a 4 in the added display dice. Everyone said NICE over the headsets when we realized the program did what it said. However, in looking at the results, it showed 6 (wpn)+4(crit)+5 (+1 wpn and 18 stat) = 10. So, it changed the dice but the total was what was originally rolled.
Has anyone else seen this that uses the house rule dice function?

Odd...worked recently, but I can confirm it isn't now...

deer_buster
March 14th, 2021, 22:54
Fixed in newest version.

Ozsome
March 15th, 2021, 03:37
Thanks. Next game is Thu. I appreciate the incredible turn around!!

Drogo210
July 10th, 2021, 15:32
Hi, I found a conflict with Xelab's Combat Automation extension. The issue was reported here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62208-5E-Spell-Automation/page11

deer_buster
July 10th, 2021, 17:44
Hi, I found a conflict with Xelab's Combat Automation extension. The issue was reported here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?62208-5E-Spell-Automation/page11

In your post there it looks like you are using v1.9? Try using the current version. If it is a conflict with a paid extension there isn't much I can do, as I don't have that extension. The author of that extension can contact me if he/she wishes.

Drogo210
July 10th, 2021, 18:18
In your post there it looks like you are using v1.9? Try using the current version. If it is a conflict with a paid extension there isn't much I can do, as I don't have that extension. The author of that extension can contact me if he/she wishes.

I download the one on the link you gave.

kevininrussia
July 11th, 2021, 01:52
Is this working in Unity yet?

deer_buster
July 11th, 2021, 02:26
Is this working in Unity yet?
I haven't heard otherwise recently

Ozsome
July 11th, 2021, 14:47
I have been using it in FGU for 5E since March. My players LOVE the critical portion for the house rule of rolling max on the original weapon roll. Makes the crits feel really potent with the understanding that monsters get the same.

dvd7936
July 21st, 2022, 01:44
I started having an error similar to one described above.
Whenever I attack the following comes up.

I ran through my extensions and the error does not pop up when this extension is disabled.
When I make an attack roll against my players or an NPC it pops up the following:

It says "[string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:32: attempt to call field 'getActor" (a nil value)"

This happened both when I had NPCs attack NPCs and NPCs attack players.

Is there an update I should get, and if so, where? I am running LAE_5E_ExpandedOptions_2021-03-14.ext.

Thank you for the great extension!

deer_buster
July 21st, 2022, 06:03
Hopefully this will show up in the forge going forward. I believe I have the attack prettifier working, but a lot has changed on the back end, so please try it out and see if it works for your scenarios.

MrDDT
July 21st, 2022, 06:16
Hopefully this will show up in the forge going forward. I believe I have the attack prettifier working, but a lot has changed on the back end, so please try it out and see if it works for your scenarios.

I don't see it posted on the forge, is it still being reviewed or whatever?

deer_buster
July 21st, 2022, 06:23
Update: It has to go thru the approval process before it will be available on the Forge...

MrDDT
July 23rd, 2022, 06:22
I started using this and ran into an issue(s)

1) The link on the FORGE page to this forum is not working correctly, I think it got like partly doubled up and doesn't work right.

2)I'm getting this error

[ERROR] Handler error: [string "scripts/attack_prettifier.lua"]:95: bad argument #3 to 'format' (number expected, got string)

When I set BOTH
"Chat: Show Attack Rolls in Results" - Friendly/Off
"Chat: Show results to client" - Friendly/Off

With
"Chat: Use Attack Prettifier" - On

So when the first 2 are set to Friendly or Off or any mix of the 2 (but neither set to on), it will throw that error if also prettifier is on.

deer_buster
July 23rd, 2022, 08:48
Thanks for the additional information in chat. I believe I have found and fixed the issue now. I've posted version 2022-07-23 in the forge. It should update after it gets approved...let me know if you find any additional issues.

MrDDT
July 23rd, 2022, 08:57
Awesome thanks for the fast turn around.

deer_buster
July 24th, 2022, 18:00
Version has been approved...moved it to live branch

deer_buster
July 24th, 2022, 22:10
Sorry about the additional filenames. I will migrate to a single filename (without versioning) on the next update after the current one is approved. Thanks MrDDT for pointing that out.

MrDDT
July 29th, 2022, 21:21
This EXT looks like it's no longer listed, is this intended by you?

deer_buster
July 29th, 2022, 23:09
This EXT looks like it's no longer listed, is this intended by you?Not sure what's going on. Looks like it is active to me??? See attachment...

MrDDT
July 30th, 2022, 02:21
Its working now, it was UNLISTED before. I will take a screenshot next time (if it happens again).

Normally, it's from the lister will forget to uncheck the box and it will be unlisted if they update again it will fix it.

deer_buster
August 4th, 2022, 05:45
v2022-08-03
PC: Player HP per level

Default - No change in existing functionality (PC gains average, or fixed, hitpoints when they add a class level)
Hybrid - When a class level is added, player gets better of average or random hitpoints (default)
Random - When a class level is added, player gets random hitpoints

dubyaguy
August 27th, 2022, 15:03
What might be causing an "Rr" to appear in front of attack rolls?

Example:

Above appears on player view but not DM view.

deer_buster
August 28th, 2022, 05:05
What might be causing an "Rr" to appear in front of attack rolls?

Example:

Above appears on player view but not DM view.

Thanks for the report. new version uploaded

Pacal
September 4th, 2022, 19:33
It's unlisted again...

deer_buster
September 5th, 2022, 07:51
It's unlisted again...Not sure why...I set it back to live...

eporrini
November 5th, 2022, 17:01
I have 3 listings for this in my extensions on FGU. LAE: 5E Expanded Options, LAE: 5e Expanded Options_2022-07-23 and an unchecked LAE: 5E Expanded Options copy. What's going on with this extension? Is there a correct version I should have checked and can the old versions be removed?

MrDDT
November 5th, 2022, 17:16
I have 3 listings for this in my extensions on FGU. LAE: 5E Expanded Options, LAE: 5e Expanded Options_2022-07-23 and an unchecked LAE: 5E Expanded Options copy. What's going on with this extension? Is there a correct version I should have checked and can the old versions be removed?

Delete the exts that relate to this ext and update FGU to get the most updated version from the forge is the best system.

Just FYI the current version is called:
LAE: 5E Expanded Options
(This is what is displayed in your FGU EXT list)

Filename in your EXT DIR is:
LAE_5E_ExpandedOptions.ext

eporrini
November 5th, 2022, 17:47
Delete the exts that relate to this ext and update FGU to get the most updated version from the forge is the best system.

Just FYI the current version is called:
LAE: 5E Expanded Options
(This is what is displayed in your FGU EXT list)

Filename in your EXT DIR is:
LAE_5E_ExpandedOptions.ext

All good now, appreciate the help!

The Decepticon
April 21st, 2023, 20:39
Using this Extension I get the following error when I try to drag a dice roll (attack or damage) onto a target. The attack roll or damage does not apply.

Arenoth
December 14th, 2023, 17:58
Hello, is there a way to show players your dice roll (with the dice rolling on the screen) but not the final result?
Example: My monster rolls a d20 to attack one of the players, the monster has a bonus of +5. It rolls 14 on the screen, the players see the dice rolling on the chat and see the dice outcome of 14. Only the GM see 14+5 hit or miss. The players don't see anything else.
Thank you.

deer_buster
December 14th, 2023, 18:20
Hello, is there a way to show players your dice roll (with the dice rolling on the screen) but not the final result?
Example: My monster rolls a d20 to attack one of the players, the monster has a bonus of +5. It rolls 14 on the screen, the players see the dice rolling on the chat and see the dice outcome of 14. Only the GM see 14+5 hit or miss. The players don't see anything else.
Thank you.
I think the "Show GM Rolls" overrides everything else

nephranka
February 11th, 2024, 00:44
My party just leveled and did not see the normal messages. I tried a test campaign and got the same results. I am not sure what is happening,

deer_buster
February 11th, 2024, 06:20
Yeah, sadly there have been so many changes to how these things work that I have not had the time to keep up. Awarding XP was moved into PartyXPManager instead of PartyManager2. I would suggest you don't use it until I've had a chance to go back in and see what needs to change and where.

nephranka
February 11th, 2024, 10:49
Yeah, sadly there have been so many changes to how these things work that I have not had the time to keep up. Awarding XP was moved into PartyXPManager instead of PartyManager2. I would suggest you don't use it until I've had a chance to go back in and see what needs to change and where.

Thank you for information. I hope it is an easy fix.

deer_buster
February 14th, 2024, 04:56
Thank you for information. I hope it is an easy fix.

That part, actually, was an easy fix. I have to go over the rest to make sure they aren't broken...

nephranka
February 14th, 2024, 10:13
That part, actually, was an easy fix. I have to go over the rest to make sure they aren't broken...

Makes sense.

nephranka
February 21st, 2024, 00:11
Just checking in. Any progress on a solution?