PDA

View Full Version : Armor location

hereander
February 14th, 2019, 13:18
Hi!
I am new to SW and the ruleset.
From what I understand in SW we count the torso armor only as long as it is not a called shot. How does this reflect in FG? One of my players, a knight, added some plate a helmet and legs to his character and FG adds the total to his toughness, which is obviously wrong. Does this mean he has to go into the toughness details before any attack by an npc to check/uncheck the relevant armor pieces? Doesn't really sound so FFF-ish

Aaron
February 14th, 2019, 22:11
One of my players just had this issue, and we came up with an easy solution. Make the Torso armour equipped (see red circle in picture) by clicking through the icon to the right of the armour, inside the inventory screen. Then make the remaining armours simply carried. If the character is also using a shield, as this one in the picture is, having it equipped will activate its effect of Parry +2, Cover +2, which you can see in the line under the Kite Shield title.

You can also do it as you've suggested, and right click on the Toughness stat, select modifiers, and then left click on the torso armour which is equipped. If a creature makes an attack at a non-torso location you can then either change the toughness via right clicking the toughness and choosing modifiers and then change back, or unequip the torso armour and equip the location armour in the inventory and change back after the attack resolution.

Skellan
February 15th, 2019, 07:31
Yeah, that's how we do it as attacks default to torso. If another location is hit we just modify the incoming damage.