PDA

View Full Version : Low Light Condition - 20% miss chance

shartahl
February 14th, 2019, 04:07
Is there code I can put into the conditions of a player to grant all their targets concealment for only them so that it does not effect other folks that can see fine in low-light? I know I can add concealment to the NPCs and just turn it on when that specific player is attacking, but I would rather have it automated if possible.

***EDIT***
Sorry, this is for Starfinder

Trenloe
February 14th, 2019, 04:08
Which ruleset are you referring to? Please remember to state that when posting a request that is relevant to a specific RPG system.

shartahl
February 14th, 2019, 04:14
Edited post to reflect the system. Thanks!

Trenloe
February 14th, 2019, 04:18
Moved to the Starfinder subforum.

Blahness98
February 14th, 2019, 04:31
You'd need a custom IFT. Have an effect called Normal-Vision. Put that on your enemies. On your normal vision people place IFT: CUSTOM(Normal-Vision); CONC. That should do the trick, but I did not test it, so I can't be certain.

shartahl
February 14th, 2019, 20:34
You'd need a custom IFT. Have an effect called Normal-Vision. Put that on your enemies. On your normal vision people place IFT: CUSTOM(Normal-Vision); CONC. That should do the trick, but I did not test it, so I can't be certain.

Thank you! I will try that when I am in front of the computer. That makes sense now seeing that, using a If-Then logic. I need to learn all those statements

Moon Wizard
February 14th, 2019, 22:18
Or you could just have the modifier window open, and click CONC before making rolls during low-light situations. Whether it happens every once in a while or is a common occurrence will determine whether it makes sense to build effects for them.

Regards,
JPG

shartahl
February 14th, 2019, 22:37
That If-Then thing worked. Thanks a ton! I was going to do the on/off thing otherwise, but the entire area they are in is dim light and two of them do not have low-light vision or darkvision. This will make it much easier

Blahness98
February 15th, 2019, 14:42
Glad it worked for you.