PDA

View Full Version : SFS #1-25: The Beacon Code Dilemma Sun February 17 @ 1.30 PM GMT



stephan_
February 13th, 2019, 14:40
Tier 3-6, subtier will depend on the players. The general recommendation is not to play out-of-subtier unless you know what you are doing. If you only have level 1 characters be aware that you can play a pregen and apply credit to your character (see Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide p. 8).

Unfortunately the announcement this time is a little bit late as I had to check whether a Saturday date would also be possible at the request of some players.

Just to be on the safe side, please schedule around 4 1/2 hours instead of the usual 4 hours for the game.

About the scenario:

A Starfinder Society Scenario designed for levels 3-6.

The Church of Triune approaches the Starfinder Society with a stunning discovery: a centuries old Society starship has been found in the Drift! The PCs must search the Lorespire Complex for all the information they can on this starship before heading into the Drift and uncovering what befell the lost vessel.

The Beacon Code Dilemma is a replayable scenario designed to help introduce players to threats and terrain that trained Starfinders regularly contend with. With randomized mechanical and story elements, when you play this scenario, you'll never play the same scenario twice.

Written by Adrian Ng

Scenario Tags: Repeatable

Technical details:

We will use Fantasy Grounds (I have an Ultimate license) and Teamspeak.

Steps before the game:

Make sure to both apply here as well as in the game calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=3382), stating which character you'd like to play.

If you apply, make sure you send me your previous chronicle sheet of the character you want to apply this chronicle to (if you already have any chronicle sheet), either here or on Discord (Fantasy Grounds channel).

If you haven't already, also make sure to either build the character on FG yourself (and send it to me) or log in early enough so you can do so on game day.

Make sure you have updated Fantasy Grounds.

FG alias and Teamspeak server can be found under GM annnouncements in the game calendar.

Other notes:

Also make sure to track your purchases on the Inventory Tracking Sheet.

Be sure to apply on time (if you can make it) as the last games were rather full.

In your own interest, make sure the party is somewhat balanced level-wise.

Newcomers to SF, SFS and/or FG are welcome.

bigboom
February 13th, 2019, 15:14
I'm game! I've got either a level 6 mechanic or a level 5 envoy!

And just for good measure...
I'm good this weekend for either Saturday or Sunday.
Sunday I can do earlier but not later.
Saturday I can do earlier or later.

Thank you!

stephan_
February 13th, 2019, 16:14
Alright, 2 spots filled so far, one on FG, one outside (4th level soldier).

Malkavian_Andi
February 13th, 2019, 16:25
I'm interested, too. I can only bring a 3rd or 4th level character, though, so if we end up in high tier, I wouldn't be able to play. I have a few options, but haven't quite decided which one to play yet.

stephan_
February 13th, 2019, 16:42
Based on the applications so far and other players likely to join, the APL can reasonably be within both subtiers. I would estimate a 60 % chance for subtier 3-4 and 40 % for subtier 5-6 (assuming of course we have enough players).

stephan_
February 13th, 2019, 22:59
Alright, five people so far (four on FG, one outside of FG), so definitely looks like a legal table.

@Sala Mander: Please be aware that I'm usually alternating between lower tiers and higher tiers. This week's game is a tier 3-6 ones, so you can only bring (SFS legal) characters in the 3-6 level range. You can however also choose a pregen (e,g. level 4) and apply credit to your character (two alternatives, see Starfinder Society Roleplaying Guild Guide p. 8).

@everyone: Assuming not everyone brings their highest level character it looks like subtier 3-4 so far but a single person not showing up could potentially tip the APL into the higher tier. To save me some headache please therefore show up on time.

tahl_liadon
February 14th, 2019, 00:11
applied (thx for pinging me, s :-D)

stephan_
February 14th, 2019, 00:16
Alright, with that all spots would currently be filled. Still looks like subtier 3-4.

stephan_
February 14th, 2019, 18:37
To make it easier to decide on characters:

Sala Mander will bring a pregen (TBD).

tahl a mc mystic/envoy.

Jack (not in the game calendar) a soldier.

bigboom
February 15th, 2019, 18:04
Is tahl's character more mystic or more envoy?

Malkavian_Andi
February 15th, 2019, 18:20
here are my options:
- Solarian 4
- Soldier 3
- Soldier 1/Operative 2
- Envoy 3

I also have another Envoy, but he's 1 XP away from 3rd level, so unless I can squeeze in another game before Sunday, that one won't be an option.
Of the others, I suppose the Solarian or Soldier/Operative would be a good choice (The Solarian is melee, the Soldier/Operative is ranged).

stephan_
February 15th, 2019, 18:39
Is tahl's character more mystic or more envoy?

Envoy 2 / Mystic 2.

Edit: @Talen and DougMky: Currently six spots would be filled (five on FG, 1 outside). I will have to take a look whether the scenario can still be reasonably played with seven people. Unfortunately, I can't really determine who applied first on the game calendar.

@DougMky: Just to make sure, this is the Starfinder Society forum, the Pathfinder Society forum is located here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?71-Pathfinder-Society-Games).

stephan_
February 16th, 2019, 21:52
If anyone is online in the next ~ 2 hours: I need someone to blame for the random rolls of this scenario (i.e. to make around 9 rolls). The server is up, the honour goes to the first who replies back.

@everyone: Any preferences concerning six vs. seven players?

DougMky
February 17th, 2019, 02:20
I would like to play.

I am new to FG and to D&D. I have ready fantasy my entire life (im 36) and when i was younger learned AD&D rule set but couldnt find anyone to play with in my small town.

I would like to play either a dwarf cleric or dwarf paladin.

Malkavian_Andi
February 17th, 2019, 08:39
@DougMky: Still, this is Starfinder, so it's Science Fantasy, not standard Fantasy. There are no cleric or paladin in Starfinder, although it is possible to create something that feels a bit like those classes. But from what you're posting, I think you might be better off going for a Pathfinder game. (I might run one sometime in the near future if I find the time to prepare it.)

@Stephan: I'm ok with having 7 players. From what I remember, the scenario can get quite dangerous at times, so having another helping hand wouldn't be that bad.

bigboom
February 17th, 2019, 09:24
No preferences here for 6 vs 7 people. I'm okay either way. I'm leaning towards bringing my envoy along since I have his xml ready!

Just one thing. My internet has been a little spotty today. So if I drop off, never fear. I will get back online ASAP!

stephan_
February 17th, 2019, 12:05
Considering the responses so far:

@Talen: Feel free to join as a 7th player.

@DougMky: As Malkavian_Andi already mentioned, please be aware this is not D&D but Starfinder. Feel free to join in the future though.

@bigboom: Alright, noted.

I'll probably have the server up around 1 hour before game time..

stephan_
February 17th, 2019, 13:42
The server is up.

stephan_
February 17th, 2019, 21:18
Chronicle drafts sent.

Next game will probably be #1-13 On the Trail of History (tier 3-6) on SUN 1.30 PM GMT again. Probably no game the week after that.