PDA

View Full Version : Targeting Pointer Shapes (5E)

BlazingAzureCrow
February 13th, 2019, 01:11
Hey, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to ask in this way, but I thought I'd ask here; is there a mod that allows one to target the cones, squares or radius drawn on maps in-game? In a lot of our games we wish in the moment that it was possible to target the shape to target everything that is within the space it covers. If there's no mod, is there a way to recommend possible future updates to Fantasy Grounds itself? I don't know if this is impossible programming-wise, but thought it would be a great function to include in the game.

mattekure
February 13th, 2019, 01:52
You can target everything within a drawn square using the targeting mode button. You select the token, then click the targeting button, and draw a square around the area. everything within the drawn square will be targeted

If you have new ideas you want added to FG, you can request them here https://fg2app.idea.informer.com/

BlazingAzureCrow
February 13th, 2019, 02:21
Does the same thing work in any way with drawing cones and radius circles?

mattekure
February 13th, 2019, 02:22
no, only a drawn rectangle right now. You could suggest it on the website though.

Zacchaeus
February 13th, 2019, 08:41
You do know that you can CTRL+Click on multiple targets? Drew the shape and then just CTRL+click on all targets in the shape.

BlazingAzureCrow
February 13th, 2019, 09:15
You do know that you can CTRL+Click on multiple targets? Drew the shape and then just CTRL+click on all targets in the shape.

I'm aware of that, yes. That's basic targeting functionality. My question was for occasions when mass selecting by selecting the shape would be convenient for keeping game moving along, especially when people find themselves wondering if they accidentally double-clicked one in a larger group or missed one and find themselves recounting their targets. It's a small thing, but seems like it would be convenient in the grand scheme of things and (from my uninformed perspective) doesn't seem impossible to implement.

no, only a drawn rectangle right now. You could suggest it on the website though.

I think I will! Thank you so much for your help.