PDA

View Full Version : Licensing Question related to two computers

Giggles666
February 12th, 2019, 19:05
Hey everyone, first time poster new to FG. I like the system a lot but have a quick question.

I understand FG can only be on one machine at a time. I installed on my laptop, but after some experimentation and learning I figured out my laptop is way to small for my old man eyes. Plus the DM, me, needs more room to lay out all the windows.

If I disable the license and uninstall on my laptop can I just install on a new machine, and input license code with no issues at that point?

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 19:18
Welcome to the FG forums.

Smiteworks have said that it's OK to have a couple of installations of FG with the same license. As long as they are your computers (FG has a user based license) and you only use one of the installations at a time.

Giggles666
February 12th, 2019, 19:36
OK, great, good to know. Thank you for the welcome and quick reply.

Giggles666
February 12th, 2019, 19:49
It's not working, telling me my activation key is invalid. FG is not currently running on laptop but it's not working when I copy and paste into my new desktop install.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 20:02
It's not working, telling me my activation key is invalid. FG is not currently running on laptop but it's not working when I copy and paste into my new desktop install.

Having FG installed on your laptop won't impact installing on another computer. Make sure there are no spaces before or after the license key and that all parts of the code are entered. To check the key is still OK, run an update on your laptop and see if that raises any issues with the license key.

damned
February 12th, 2019, 20:15
And make sure you put your fgforum username and password in.

Trenloe
February 12th, 2019, 20:23
And make sure you put your fgforum username and password in.
That's a good idea in general. In this case, however, not having a FG username entered won't cause the issue reported.

Moon Wizard
February 12th, 2019, 20:42
Also, make sure you are using the License Key from the store email; and not your activation code from your forum registration. Additionally, you can get your license key from your Order History on the FG store, or the Library in Steam (depending on where you bought it).

Regards,
JPG

Giggles666
February 12th, 2019, 21:31
I'm an idiot, lol. I was using the wrong code I received for forums activation and not licensing. Thanks again.

Moon Wizard hit the nail on the head, me being the nail haha.

Giggles666
February 12th, 2019, 21:32
Oh and Trenloe we're neighbors, I just moved to Capital Hill from Philly, hence the need for FG to game with folks back home...love it here so far.

connivingsumo
February 18th, 2019, 22:46
Oh and Trenloe we're neighbors, I just moved to Capital Hill from Philly, hence the need for FG to game with folks back home...love it here so far.

Welcome to Colorado, Giggles666. I'm in Northern CO. but used to live in the Denver Metro area.