PDA

View Full Version : Testing the system

Lawnikky
August 20th, 2006, 13:52
Anyone in Australia (Sydney East Coast) or anyone awake in any other country at between 8pm to 10pm Australian Time (GMT +10) that could give me a hand to try and get this system up and running, please try and log into the test session I posted in the calander.

I'll be testing the full version I have downloaded. Those of you with demo versions may wish to post here your interest and I'll log that on at the same address on Tuesday night at the same time.

During that time, if no-one appears, I'll log check the forum under this post every 10 minutes or so to see comments left. If I get someone logged in, I'll post a message here informing all who ready that the systemworks.

Remember ... this is a test session to see if the program works fine, at which time I'll then run something simple for those that get in to try out the mechanics.

What this program needs is a test facility to ensure the program works ... something like a browse feature that you can use to find who's online using the software and try to join if a game is available (aka online games server such as counterstrike, quake, you get the idea).

Hope to see you there.

Griogre
August 20th, 2006, 23:29
Lawnikky, don't know if it is possible but maybe if you left the game up so people could connect?

I don't like the game matching server because of the infrastructure requirments on the publisher and what happens to their users if the publisher folds.

joshuha
August 20th, 2006, 23:46
Well you would still have the option of doing it the old way so no worries about Smiteworks folding. All they really need is a flag for public/private and then publish any public game started using the alias feature (since that uses a central server already). Just make sure when the FG host closes the app to deregister it from the server.

Lawnikky
August 21st, 2006, 10:56
good idea ... will leave the system up and running tonight when i go to bed ... then if you can get in you can leave a message here .... good idea Griogre :)

Lawnikky
August 21st, 2006, 13:47
ok ... i haven't had anyone try to get in as i don't see any messages here so i will leave the system up and running over night and if you feel inclined to try, please do ... see the calendar for details.

thanks in advance

Lawnikky
August 21st, 2006, 20:49
no replies here and i left it on all night ... no matter ... tested the system over wireless to wireless and wireless which worked both ways (though I think that may have something to do with both of us on the same connection, and wireless to mobile card, which work him logging to me as gm but not me to him as gm.

The main thing is i can run the game which is what i wanted atm.

Lawnikky
August 21st, 2006, 20:51
...now all i have to do is get my regular group to use the demo, get them on lite, or find a new group of people here in Australia (or whereever) to play.

Toadwart
August 21st, 2006, 22:03
I'm over the ditch (NZ) and am around most weeknights (5-9pm your time). PM me if you want to test the connection.

Lawnikky
August 22nd, 2006, 11:25
I now know the demo works as got a friend from home to test it for me ... now in the testing phase of my full version ... ip address is 124.176.161.208.