PDA

View Full Version : Question about store content

ResplendentDarkness
February 5th, 2019, 07:21
I have a small question about the pricing on the different rulesets and books. Is there some way to get a discount by proving I have purchased the actual book already? I would love to get a few of the other system rulesets in fantasygrounds since I'm enjoying the program immensely since purchasing the ultimate license but I can't really swallow also paying the full cover price of a physical book I already have for the digital information.

I might be missing something too I guess, Looking at the screenshots they mostly just look like they include official art and themes that free fan made editions of rulesets don't have.

damned
February 5th, 2019, 07:29
Hi ResplendentDarkness

It is unlikely to happen. There is no easy way for a publisher to track physical book sales to individuals.

Paizo offer owners of their PDF products quite significant discounts off the Fantasy Grounds products and if you dont own the PDFs when you buy the Fantasy Grounds Pathfinder product they will give you the PDF.
At this time Paizo are the only publisher doing that.

In most cases the Fantasy Grounds material is much cheaper than the equivalent physical product but it does vary from product to product.

ResplendentDarkness
February 5th, 2019, 07:39
Okay, so the pathfinder stuff I looked at seems to match cover prices because it's the PDF and the ruleset/module? Just checking because most state they are not a PDF and the content is only accessible in the program. Is there anything significantly different from the PFSRD ruleset and the actual core ruleset besides having a fancy theme to it?

Targas
February 5th, 2019, 08:43
Read details here:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/syncPaizoAccount.xcp

ResplendentDarkness
February 5th, 2019, 09:18
thank you.

Trenloe
February 5th, 2019, 14:15
Is there anything significantly different from the PFSRD ruleset and the actual core ruleset besides having a fancy theme to it?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?47749-pathfinder-rulebook-vs-3-5-pf-core