PDA

View Full Version : LFG - 1 Player LF weeknight/weekends EST US - Pathfinder/3.5e

Corwan
February 4th, 2019, 04:38
FG License: paid version
Time Zone: EST (US East Coast)
Day(s) of week, frequency, and time: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu (evenings), or Sat/Sun (afternoons, evenings). Weekly game would be best, more frequent if the group is up for it. Bi-weekly or monthly games just don't move fast enough to make a progress, IMO.
Term: long-term preferred
Voice: Discord (preferred), Skype, ezTalk, TS, Mumble.. you name it.

Game System Preferred: Pathfinder or 3.5e. I tried 5e and didn't like it.

Game System Experience: Holy cra.. where should I start? D&D 1e, AD&D, D&D 3.0, D&D 3.5, Old World of Darkness - Werewolf:the Apocalypse (loved it!) Vampire:the Masquerade (enjoyed both my insane Malk and scheming Ventrue), New World of Darkness - Mage:the Awakening (improvised spellcasting! yes please!), Exalted 1e & 2e, GURPS Space, D20 Modern, FATE, Shadowrun. Almost 20 years of tabletop RPG experience, both as player and GM/DM/Storyteller.

Fantasy Grounds Experience: Just beginning, but given the fact that for much of my DM career I used DMGenie to help me keep track of large groups (up to 30 players in one session, co-DMed with 2 other DMs in a public game), learning to use FG should be a breeze.

Character Type Preferred: I do prefer characters that are less front-and-center in combat, I'm perfectly fine leaving that glory to others. Count me in for a sorcerer or rogue, if you will.

About me: This is the tough part. How do you sum up a result of two decades of RPG gaming into something others would bother to read? I don't know, but I'll try. I used to be the "gotta win at all costs" type of player, who everyone hates. Then I used to be the "rule-lawyer" type of player, who everyone hates. Then I learned that it doesn't really matter. Roll can be fumbled, mistakes can be made, but none of that matters. What matters is the story and the characters. That change came to me a few years into my RPG career, after I was introduced to White Wolf's Old World of Darkness. Sometime after that, I started GMing just as much as playing, and learned another valuable lesson - as a GM/DM/Storyteller, I needed to work with my players, not against them. Playing a role-playing game is like collaborative writing - it works best when all the pieces fit together to create a story of epic proportions. I'd say I've matured, somewhat.

I do like to push boundaries, though. No, not by breaking the game rules, but by designing and roleplaying characters that are not your stereotypical (insert race/class here). Sometimes by finding creative uses for stuff, within rules boundaries and with the GM's permission, of course. But in the end, all of that serves a purpose - to create an interesting and unique character. A good, colorful character has multiple layers, and it's overcoming themselves, their heritage, their destiny, or whatever else you can think of, that makes them a hero. However my characters turn out, they're never bland or boring. ;)

As for game composition, I obviously put a lot of value in roleplay and character development. I still do recognize combat as the "meat" of the game, so I'd say an ideal game for me would be 40/30/30 between Combat/RP/Character Development. I can do a reasonable amount of Out Of Character talk and joking, but I'd rather have that out of the way before or after the session, and try to keep the game itself focused on in-character.

Lenogen
February 4th, 2019, 18:43
I am certainly interested if you dont mind new players(been 15 years).

Corwan
February 4th, 2019, 23:51
I am certainly interested if you dont mind new players(been 15 years).

Not sure if we understand each other correctly. :) I'm looking for a group, as a player.

Lenogen
February 5th, 2019, 00:11
Ha!

Well if you find one with an extra spot let me know!