PDA

View Full Version : Rappan Athuk for 5e

Pages : [1] 2

doseyclwn
February 3rd, 2019, 17:51
I remember reading awhile back that this was being planned for an FG release. Any progress/update on that?

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2019, 18:01
I would check the Kickstarter. That's where it was going to be coming from.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk-reborn-for-fifth-edition-go-down-the

Dax Doomslayer
February 4th, 2019, 20:32
I was wondering about this for a while too...

mattekure
February 4th, 2019, 20:40
I remember reading awhile back that this was being planned for an FG release. Any progress/update on that?

The lastest info I've seen was in this post. but nothing more recent.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40186-Rappan-Athuk-coming-to-Fantasy-Grounds&p=355504&viewfull=1#post355504

Patou
February 5th, 2019, 23:04
The 5E version is out in PDF

Dax Doomslayer
February 6th, 2019, 00:29
It's out in PDF and hardcover actually (I have both). I'd love to see an FG version as that isn't something I want to enter myself - lol...

primarch
February 6th, 2019, 01:47
It's out in PDF and hardcover actually (I have both). I'd love to see an FG version as that isn't something I want to enter myself - lol...

Hi!

I second this request. ;)

Primarch

Dreamtrancer
May 19th, 2019, 11:21
Anybody have an update on the status of 5e Rappan Athuk for FG??

JohnD
May 20th, 2019, 02:03
Anybody have an update on the status of 5e Rappan Athuk for FG??

I think it might kill whoever tried to enter that massive amount of information.

Blahness98
May 20th, 2019, 03:50
I have entered in 2/3 Book for The Slumbering Tsar... I spend more time fixing the maps than entering in text.

JHale1966
August 16th, 2019, 16:21
I'm building this as well for personal use - do you have a ballpark on when it will be out? Were you able to solve the player map issues with the Tunnels of Terror? I bought the PSD maps but these were not available for that level so had to use Photoshop to fix the issues. I have the majority of the Wilderness done and now starting on the dungeon proper. I told my players I won't be done with it by the time we start it but it'll be enough to get them started.

doseyclwn
August 16th, 2019, 17:18
I'm building this as well for personal use - do you have a ballpark on when it will be out? Were you able to solve the player map issues with the Tunnels of Terror? I bought the PSD maps but these were not available for that level so had to use Photoshop to fix the issues. I have the majority of the Wilderness done and now starting on the dungeon proper. I told my players I won't be done with it by the time we start it but it'll be enough to get them started.

Don't have it finished yet. Had a bit of a sabbatical. I don't remember if I did the tunnels of terror maps yet, have to look at it.

We should talk, definitely.

JHale1966
August 16th, 2019, 17:40
Good deal - just holler at me. I still have a bunch left to do but started working on Level 15 since it was a short one.

Larsenex
August 16th, 2019, 18:12
I would like to get in on the Rappan train to hell. I am a Pathfinder 2E guy and might tackle converting the many rooms and encounters to that system.

JHale1966
August 23rd, 2019, 14:58
I've got all the text imported and categorized, as well as the maps gridded and pinned. I just need to format the stories and setup the encounters. :D

Dax Doomslayer
August 23rd, 2019, 16:07
I'm so jealous of you folks that have done this work. I'd love to run this on FG but going through this book, it's an incredible amount of work which I don't think I'd have the time for (especially that some of the maps aren't accurate). Congrats to you JHale!!

doseyclwn
August 23rd, 2019, 16:18
Jim, what did you use for the creatures and NPC's? There's this neat little piece of software called "Engineer Suite" for FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45630-Engineer-Suite) that works pretty well.

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks, but I'm gonna tackle it again this weekend. I'll work on the map issue and maybe we can trade some work.

JHale1966
August 23rd, 2019, 16:19
Yeh - I wish I had better maps for the Tunnels of Terror but the ones I fixed will work. :D This is definitely a labor of love - I've been wanting to run this since it came out for Pathfinder (while I was playing PF) and not that there's a 5E edition it was a no-brainer. A lot of people that I play with are wanting to move away from AL and I thought this would be the perfect reason to. This will also open the doorway for me to do the G123D12Q1 conversions from 1E. I know there's a Giants set for 5E and 1E - but I want to do my own using conversion manuals I found.

JHale1966
August 23rd, 2019, 16:21
Jim, what did you use for the creatures and NPC's? There's this neat little piece of software called "Engineer Suite" for FG (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?45630-Engineer-Suite) that works pretty well.

I haven't worked on it for a few weeks, but I'm gonna tackle it again this weekend. I'll work on the map issue and maybe we can trade some work.

Sounds good. :D and I do use Engineer Suite for the monsters (and the spells too). I extracted the Bestiary into a separate file and going thru one-by-one to get them converted but it's not 100%. Some of the monsters won't import/convert correctly so I'll do a 1st pass of the 'straight' ones and then go back and import the ones I need to fix. I'm sticking them all into a Rappan Athuk Module for import into the table.

JHale1966
August 23rd, 2019, 16:31
Currently the folder size is 162M. Some of the maps I had to leave big because of the grid scale (Cave of the Kraken, etc).

Also - we're closing on our house next week so I'll be outta pocket for a bit. I get a finished Half-Basement as my Studio/Work area so I'm REALLY looking forward to that. We've had out stuff in storage for almost a year now since we've moved so I'll have access to all my gaming materials again. :D

doseyclwn
August 23rd, 2019, 16:56
Is there anything in particular you need done? Perhaps I could help.

Right now I'm getting all the creatures and NPC's from the Bestiary entered. Probably do the magic items and stuff like that next. I've got all the maps, taking them through mapalign to get them grid-worthy.

Can't wait to run this.

JHale1966
August 23rd, 2019, 16:58
I cheated. :D

I bought the PSD versions of all the maps and just remove the labels and grid - voila! Player maps. :D

I resized the majority of them to 25% actual size to make them FG Tolerable. The only ones I left big are, like I said, the ones where the scale is so big per their square. :D

JHale1966
August 27th, 2019, 23:24
OK, I finally finished getting the 436 monsters from the RA Bestiary into a module using Engineer Suite.

Now to just get the encounters and parcels done. :D

If anyone else is doing this, watch for 'Gurang, The Speedy Troll' - ES will add a <speeed> tag in there and cause the mod to fail to load.

I had to change him to 'The Fast Troll' to make it not fail.

Ripskreig
September 4th, 2019, 04:25
I've purchased the digital maps for RA from Frog God games, but I cant seem to align the FG grid with the grid that is baked into the digital maps. The alignment is fine for a few squares around my starting position, but it is increasingly off the further you look from the starting position. Any suggestions?

LordEntrails
September 4th, 2019, 04:37
Yep, those types of issues are known because those types of maps ether don't actually have regular grids, or the grids are fractional pixels (and hence you get drift).

Try the Map Align Utility; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?19813-Map-Align-Utility-to-scale-and-align-map-to-grid

JHale1966
September 4th, 2019, 12:39
I had written down on a 3x5 card what the optional grid size was for map align but I'm in the process of moving into our new house so it escapes me right now. I'm using the PSD files so I'm just able to remove the grid lair and just let FG to make it's own grid.

doseyclwn
September 4th, 2019, 13:57
Map align works pretty well with these maps.

JohnD
September 4th, 2019, 15:33
Yes use Map Align, or, even better, see if you can't get a version without a baked in grid.

StoryWeaver
September 8th, 2019, 04:47
I resized the majority of them to 25% actual size to make them FG Tolerable. The only ones I left big are, like I said, the ones where the scale is so big per their square. :D

Looking forward, with Unity in mind and what I imagine will be a much smoother handling of large images and maps. Maybe having the option to use actual sized maps could be nice, for a higher polish experience? :)

LordEntrails
September 8th, 2019, 18:40
Looking forward, with Unity in mind and what I imagine will be a much smoother handling of large images and maps. Maybe having the option to use actual sized maps could be nice, for a higher polish experience? :)
Unity will be able to handle larger pixel size maps. But, clients will still have to download them so large file size maps may present issues for the players. GMs will still have to be aware of the possibility of players running on a 32-bit operating system (If FGU is supported on such platforms, I don't know) and those with limited bandwidth.

Trenloe
September 8th, 2019, 18:44
FG Unity will be 64-bit only.

Ripskreig
September 10th, 2019, 12:15
thanks very much for the map alignment advice - all great suggestions!

ive been running FG for the past 1.5 years with the same group of 5, and they're loving it.
we're all 40-something year old Australian dads who first played together when we were teenagers at school. FG allowed us to 'get the band back together'.
the advice, extensions and modules offered in this forum have been crucial to making that happen and continuing to make that happen.

having explored a few of the suggested options, like Map Unity (I calibrated a map), id like to buy the psd files and edit the layers with GIMP, but alas I cannot identify the right purchase option on drive thru rpgs or frog gods website.
very happy to be pointed to the right purchase.

Ripskreig
October 4th, 2019, 09:50

JHale, would you mind terribly linking me to the page where u bought the psd maps? Id love to have them.

I bought the 5e version on DriveThru which listed psd maps as included as separate files. But they weren't included, so they gave me a full refund. DriveThru even pestered FrogGod for the maps, but they didnt provide them.

hawkwind
October 4th, 2019, 10:56
i got mine from humble bundle

JHale1966
October 4th, 2019, 12:39
JHale, would you mind terribly linking me to the page where u bought the psd maps? Id love to have them.

I bought the 5e version on DriveThru which listed psd maps as included as separate files. But they weren't included, so they gave me a full refund. DriveThru even pestered FrogGod for the maps, but they didnt provide them.

I got them from using the Kickstarter (https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/froggodgames/rappan-athuk-reborn-for-fifth-edition-go-down-the).

Jim

KILLGORE
November 23rd, 2019, 00:11
Working on it currently! Its a very big book 650+ pages so in due time! The D&D 5e version includes the expansions 3.5/PFRPG had in another book.

Valdemar
November 24th, 2019, 16:53
Killgore - will this be available for purchase or is it just for your use?

KILLGORE
November 25th, 2019, 02:09
Killgore - will this be available for purchase or is it just for your use?

Yes this will be a FG purchase.

doseyclwn
November 25th, 2019, 02:41

Any idea when?

KILLGORE
November 25th, 2019, 02:44
a few months at least! Its alot of work. I am doing both the 5e D&D and 3.5/PFRPG ones and the expansions for 3.5/PFRPG. Thats about 1700 pages of converting....haha

Dax Doomslayer
November 25th, 2019, 18:32
SWEET!!! I've been waiting for this and waiting for this. I'll be buying this as soon as it's in the store. :D

Larsenex
November 25th, 2019, 19:27
Killgore,

When you are finished with 5E, you can 'order' Trenloe to get it updated for pathfinder 2e! He was just posting how he needed a project as he had 'loads of spare time'. =P

Trenloe
November 25th, 2019, 19:29
When you are finished with 5E, you can 'order' Trenloe to get it updated for pathfinder 2e! He was just posting how he needed a project as he had 'loads of spare time'. =P
Funny, I heard you were going to do it. ;)

KILLGORE
November 26th, 2019, 04:20
lol

bwatford
March 15th, 2020, 07:18
@Kilgore

Any update on this?

Valdemar
March 28th, 2020, 04:23

Killgore - Any idea when this will be available?

Dax Doomslayer
June 3rd, 2020, 19:50
@Kilgore - is this still moving forward? I was just curious about this as we're talking about starting our next campaign and I'd love to use this. If not, I'm dreading entering it and I'll gladly hold off if there will be a commercial version - lol.

spoofer
June 3rd, 2020, 22:53
A completed FG module with maps that work (i.e., perfect squares) will be awesome!

KILLGORE
June 3rd, 2020, 22:57
I am afraid its still in production as of yet. I expect it to be done by Aug/Sept this year.

Dax Doomslayer
June 3rd, 2020, 23:03
Thanks for the replies! It's a monumental task so this doesn't surprise me. Best of luck!!

doseyclwn
June 3rd, 2020, 23:45
Any idea on pricing yet?

Dax Doomslayer
August 15th, 2020, 04:35
I am afraid its still in production as of yet. I expect it to be done by Aug/Sept this year.

Hi Killgore - not to pester but I was wondering if there was any update on this. If it's on schedule etc.? I am definitely dying to run this!!! Thanks.

Granamere
August 15th, 2020, 18:43
Looking on Frog God games site they have all this listed.

https://www.froggodgames.com/?s=Rappan+Athuk&post_type=product

I hope the link works.

Dax Doomslayer
August 15th, 2020, 19:40
Looking on Frog God games site they have all this listed.

https://www.froggodgames.com/?s=Rappan+Athuk&post_type=product

I hope the link works.

Thanks for that Granamere. I actually did see those. However, they are for the pregenerated characters and the Players Guide. It's not the adventure which I was wondering about.

Granamere
August 15th, 2020, 19:49
It is kind of Crazy. The bestiary was released July 09, 2018. The Players guide July 16, 2019. The pregenerated characters May 12, 2020. So maybe 2 more years and it will all be out. :)

Dax Doomslayer
August 15th, 2020, 21:06
Yeah - it's been quite a while but it is a behemoth of and adventure. Couple that with FGG using lots of custom monsters that don't parse well even using things like Engineer Suite and I would think that it's not an easy project to convert. I was thinking of starting to do it myself but I want to see if there is any ETA on this...

Granamere
August 15th, 2020, 21:09
The bestiary is out so I would hope it had all the monsters. Map conversion seems to be the big thing missing.

Dax Doomslayer
August 15th, 2020, 21:17
That's a good point about the bestiary. Maps on this would be tricky too and ohhh, the 485 pages of dense text too - lol...

Granamere
August 15th, 2020, 21:24
Now I see why it is $100 for a book.

Dax Doomslayer
August 15th, 2020, 22:01
Yeah - Frog God Games / Necromancer Games has always been one of my favorites since their inception. They definitely make some massive campaign books. RA is not even the biggest adventure book by them.

doseyclwn
August 16th, 2020, 01:36
Is the Bestiary 5e?

GunbunnyFuFu
August 16th, 2020, 13:26
No. The besitary listed on the site is for Pathfinder.

GBFF

Babayaga79
September 14th, 2020, 09:20
I cheated. :D

I bought the PSD versions of all the maps and just remove the labels and grid - voila! Player maps. :D

Hi Jim, my name is Marco.
I’ve sent you a PM about RA maps, a copule of days ago.
Thank you in advance for your help.

spoofer
September 14th, 2020, 10:41
Hi Jim, my name is Marco.
I’ve sent you a PM about RA maps, a copule of days ago.
Thank you in advance for your help.

Marco, If that does not work out, send me a PM. I can help you get the maps into FG. I ran this campaign in FG.

Kevin

Babayaga79
September 14th, 2020, 11:02
Thanks Spoofer, I've just reply.

Rzach
December 2nd, 2020, 22:35
Any update on the availability of the 5e Fantasy Grounds version?

Thank you for your time,
Rzach

Dax Doomslayer
December 2nd, 2020, 22:56
Yeah, I've been waiting and waiting for this. It looks like it's dead unfortunately as there's been no activity on it for quite a bit of time... :(

spoofer
December 3rd, 2020, 00:41
I ran this campaign in 5E. If you want a DIY project, PM me and I can get you going.

DragonBetween
December 3rd, 2020, 19:57
I sent an email back in August about this to frog god and they said they had no plans to turn 5th rappan athuk into FG and they told they had no plans to do so.

February 15th, 2021, 02:51
I haven't heard anything in awhile about this, I am looking for RappanAthuk 5e for FGU, have you finished your project?

MadJacksus
February 16th, 2021, 05:54

Kilgore was still working on it last i checked in November.

MadJacksus
February 16th, 2021, 05:56
Ive already done the wilderness( except the spots that are their own level like the cloister), the entire bestiary, first two levels from Mouth of doom, first two from the mausoleum, and the well.

map align utility, and Engineer Suite have been a huge help in cutting down my time doing data entry of it.

Valyar
February 16th, 2021, 07:07
Is there TL:DR of why Rappan Athuk is a thing? :)

Jiminimonka
February 16th, 2021, 12:29

Its a massive dungeon and zone thats been around for a while. Still wondering what happened to KILLGORE's FG conversion, he was working on it. Maybe the publishers pulled the plug.

spoofer
February 16th, 2021, 12:37
I ran the campaign in FG for about a year. It was fun. Lots of character death. :)

MadJacksus
February 16th, 2021, 18:01
the basic jist is, Orcus is the big mad and had rappan athuk, because magic.

MadJacksus
February 16th, 2021, 18:13
Its a massive dungeon and zone thats been around for a while. Still wondering what happened to KILLGORE's FG conversion, he was working on it. Maybe the publishers pulled the plug.

I found him on discord through Fantasy Grounds College and he was still working on it as of November, said he still had a few months to go because of building both PF and 5E versions simultaneously. id message him again but i dont want to be that guy that bugs him every few months.

At this point, as a person who has converted 78 pages plus the 152 pages of the bestiary. its a pain in the *** to do all the FGU LOS walls and terrain, the worst part is the treasure. having to create each individual random item they come up with. But its worth it, my players are enjoying it as much as i did when i was playing it in 3rd edition. i have no clue how much time ive spent but it has been alot of time to get what i have done.

Dax Doomslayer
February 16th, 2021, 18:25
Yeah - it's pretty daunting with the size of the book, the format that FGG does their monsters (strays a bit from how WoTC words things and thus impacts using either Engineer Suite or Fantasy Module Parser), the treasure parcels and even their maps which are all gridded make me loathe to start this again (have the NPCs and aligned maps for FGC). I sort of started it and then put it down and am converting some of the other old, Necromancer modules (I love their stuff). I hope this becomes available as I do have some players really wanting to try the Dungeon of Graves!! Otherwise, I'll have to do it - yikes...

Jiminimonka
February 16th, 2021, 18:28
I found him on discord through Fantasy Grounds College and he was still working on it as of November, said he still had a few months to go because of building both PF and 5E versions simultaneously. id message him again but i dont want to be that guy that bugs him every few months.

At this point, as a person who has converted 78 pages plus the 152 pages of the bestiary. its a pain in the *** to do all the FGU LOS walls and terrain, the worst part is the treasure. having to create each individual random item they come up with. But its worth it, my players are enjoying it as much as i did when i was playing it in 3rd edition. i have no clue how much time ive spent but it has been alot of time to get what i have done.

Yeah its a pain - I did all of Arcana of the Ancients. 304 pages.

Anyway as long as its still being done, then no rush, it takes time to get this stuff done right, and then it has to be tested and spell checked etc. Good to hear its still coming.

MadJacksus
February 16th, 2021, 18:35
Yeah - it's pretty daunting with the size of the book, the format that FGG does their monsters (strays a bit from how WoTC words things and thus impacts using either Engineer Suite or Fantasy Module Parser), the treasure parcels and even their maps which are all gridded make me loathe to start this again (have the NPCs and aligned maps for FGC). I sort of started it and then put it down and am converting some of the other old, Necromancer modules (I love their stuff). I hope this becomes available as I do have some players really wanting to try the Dungeon of Graves!! Otherwise, I'll have to do it - yikes...

Oh god this is so true. most of it was fine except the innate spellcasting, it was a smooth run for everything that didnt have innate spellcasting. but there is ALOT of innate spellcasters. i got the bestiary done in like 12 or so hours once i found a decent rhythm for repairing those sections. i didnt token them which i will probably regret not taking that time initially.

charmov
February 16th, 2021, 19:29

Its super challenging. If you are a novice player or someone who gets attached to characters it's probably not for you. I played it for 3rd ed (irl) and lost many low level characters. Its great for groups that aren't into social interaction. Though there is lots of room for that too with the right group, particularly grezznik. There are epic combats, traps, and the dungeons themselves house some very fun unique encounters.

My current group is playing it in roll20, my DM is converting it for that. Its amazing so far even if different. The immediate setting seems more sand-boxy than what i remember from 3e.

Anyhow, can't wait to see it in FGU!

Valdemar
February 18th, 2021, 04:02
Dax - have you checked out the Rapan channel on FGGs Discord server? They have a bunch of the maps converted to a much better quality and best of all no grid or with grid your choice...

MadJacksus
February 18th, 2021, 05:12
Dax - have you checked out the Rapan channel on FGGs Discord server? They have a bunch of the maps converted to a much better quality and best of all no grid or with grid your choice...

What?!?!?!

Dax Doomslayer
February 18th, 2021, 16:15
@valdemar. Thanks for that Valdemar. I have been on the FGG Discord server although I didn't see those maps. I'll have to dig further and check the pinned messages etc.

bwatford
July 20th, 2021, 20:39
I have the 5e Bestiary for Rappan Athuk done in module format as well as I have started doing levels as individual stand alone modules as long as you have the RA bestiary installed. So they are plug and play as needed.

So far I have got:

- Zelkors Ferry and environments done.
- Castle Calaelen done
- Mouth of Doom done
- The Demons Gullet done
- Fountain of Pestlence done
- Telepoetal Maze done
- Tunnels of Terror (level 1 done)
- Graveyard done
- Lair of the Dung Monster done

Jesse0317
September 10th, 2021, 06:48
I'm actually done all the way to Level 8, tested it today by exporting it to Module and what I have so far is close to 500mb. I have all the NPC's, Items done and just getting thru the rest of the book. I keep my sanity by working on inputting my 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms into Fantasy Grounds. 49081

JohnD
September 10th, 2021, 16:58
I'm actually done all the way to Level 8, tested it today by exporting it to Module and what I have so far is close to 500mb. I have all the NPC's, Items done and just getting thru the rest of the book. I keep my sanity by working on inputting my 3rd Edition Forgotten Realms into Fantasy Grounds. 49081

Yikes how long does that take to load?!

Might want to break that up into a module for each level.

Jesse0317
September 10th, 2021, 18:02
Yikes how long does that take to load?!

Might want to break that up into a module for each level.

In hindsight that's a great idea, but it actually doesn't take that long to load.

Dax Doomslayer
September 10th, 2021, 18:35
I'm totally jealous that you've done this. I've been putting this off but really dying to run this but the work looks to be crazy...

Jesse0317
September 10th, 2021, 18:50
It is a big endeavor. Being compulsive, I took it in sections, did the Magic Items first, then the NPC's that was a weekend endeavor.... Some of the maps I recreated in Dungeondraft, such as The Cloister of the FG ones.
Let me tell you the amount of traps....after the first few I made a trap template. I think what actually takes the longest is putting line of sight on the player maps.

At the rate I'm going I should be finished by Christmas 2021 or sooner depending on my work schedule.

LordEntrails
September 10th, 2021, 18:59
At the rate I'm going I should be finished by Christmas 2021 or sooner depending on my work schedule.
Keep on!

Jesse0317
September 10th, 2021, 19:06
Keep on!

I am good sir, I'm actually doing the LOS for Level 9, man I almost hate caverns now.

Dax Doomslayer
September 11th, 2021, 22:21
You should check with FGG to see if you can sell this as a FG Module. I know I'd buy it - lol!

Jesse0317
September 11th, 2021, 22:43
You should check with FGG to see if you can sell this as a FG Module. I know I'd buy it - lol!

I'm going to contact them when I finish up and offer it to them and they can decide. As a side note I live about 40 minutes from where FGG is at. I don't know if Bill remembers but my wife and I picked up a copy of Rappan Athuk for Pathfinder and the Complete Tome of Horrors from his house.

Myrdin Potter
September 19th, 2021, 07:31
Bill is pretty easy going about Fantasy Grounds conversions (I do some for them). If you finish RA up, it would be more a matter of contacting Smiteworks and submitting as a community developer. Otherwise I am sure that FGG would love it to be converted.

Jesse0317
September 19th, 2021, 07:33
Bill is pretty easy going about Fantasy Grounds conversions (I do some for them). If you finish RA up, it would be more a matter of contacting Smiteworks and submitting as a community developer. Otherwise I am sure that FGG would love it to be converted.

Sounds like a plan then, it's more of an obsession and labor of love for myself.

Myrdin Potter
September 19th, 2021, 07:37
I did Mouth of Doom and a few levels below that that I run as a tournament dungeon for the Frog Game days and the FG-Cons that were being run. The book is huge.

(And my name is in the credits :-) )

Jesse0317
September 19th, 2021, 07:47
I did Mouth of Doom and a few levels below that that I run as a tournament dungeon for the Frog Game days and the FG-Cons that were being run. The book is huge.

(And my name is in the credits :-) )

LOL are you on this list?49191

So far what i have is close to 500mb and that's including the Wilderness areas, Bandit groups, Cloister of the FG, Mouth of Doom and Rappan Athuk all the way to level 7B. I have the Bestiary, Magic Items etc all done as well. Just need to slog my way down the dungeon.

Myrdin Potter
September 19th, 2021, 07:54
That is really nice to see so much done.

I am in the credits in the front of the book as one of the 5e convertors.

I did the Tome of Horrors FG conversion and starting the 2020 Tome soon. Also have done a bunch of their modules that you can see in the store. I have 4 modules in varying degrees of conversion that I will submit in the next few months.

Jesse0317
September 19th, 2021, 08:19
That is really nice to see so much done.

I am in the credits in the front of the book as one of the 5e convertors.

I did the Tome of Horrors FG conversion and starting the 2020 Tome soon. Also have done a bunch of their modules that you can see in the store. I have 4 modules in varying degrees of conversion that I will submit in the next few months.

Thank you for your hard work, when I started this project I also got started on the Tome of Horrors as well and then it popped up in the FG store.

Dax Doomslayer
September 19th, 2021, 13:35
@Jesse0317, it would be incredible if you can get this into Fantasy Grounds. I've been waiting on this forever. It's definitely something I want to run and FG is the only way I can with my group at this point.
@Myradin Potter, inputting the Tome of Horrors etc. couldn't have/can't be easy. FGG doesn't seem to use the normal standards for monster stat blocks that WotC uses so I'm sure all the parsers (Engineer Suite and Fantasy Module Parser) won't work with it.

I don't envy either of your jobs but do greatly appreciate it! I've been a fan of Necromancer Games since 3E and now Frog God!

DragonBetween
September 23rd, 2021, 13:44
I would pay full book price just for the maps with los.

Jesse0317
September 24th, 2021, 00:55
Hello All,

Just a little progress update.

Currently working on the Level's 9B and 9C.

jake8675309
September 24th, 2021, 10:35
Jesse0317,
I want to thank you for this and encourage you to keep going and complete this massive undertaking.
I have been running RA for a few years now, in a very large group of 6-8 players. They have grown to love RA and its environs, and have made it their own fantasy setting through their interactions with its inhabitants.
Putting RA into FG will make prep so much easier, encounters so much simpler to run, and our sessions so much more enjoyable. Simply put, it will make it easier for good friends to come together.
On behalf of all of us in out party.. thank you so much. l am so looking forward to being able to access this resource...
keep up the fantastic work!

prometheus13
September 24th, 2021, 13:51
I think it might kill whoever tried to enter that massive amount of information.

Unless you are Sterno. LOL

Dax Doomslayer
September 24th, 2021, 14:00
I do want to echo jake8675309's sentiments that efforts will be GREATLY appreciated if we can get a FG version of this. I've been wanting to run this but definitely have put it to the side because of the size and magnitude of the undertaking. Good luck with this and hopefully we'll get to see the fruits of your labor! :D

Myrdin Potter
September 24th, 2021, 14:54
@Jesse0317, it would be incredible if you can get this into Fantasy Grounds. I've been waiting on this forever. It's definitely something I want to run and FG is the only way I can with my group at this point.
@Myradin Potter, inputting the Tome of Horrors etc. couldn't have/can't be easy. FGG doesn't seem to use the normal standards for monster stat blocks that WotC uses so I'm sure all the parsers (Engineer Suite and Fantasy Module Parser) won't work with it.

I don't envy either of your jobs but do greatly appreciate it! I've been a fan of Necromancer Games since 3E and now Frog God!

I input all the monsters via cut and paste as they are just different enoughthat the parsers do not reliably work. I have given FGG a lot of grief over the years about that. There is no good reason for them to have chosen a slightly off format. I have started in on Tome of Horrors 2020 now (and am working on 4 more modules as well).

The good news is that I fixed errors in the stats blocks just like I fixed errors in the modules I converted. :-)

Dax Doomslayer
September 24th, 2021, 15:33
I input all the monsters via cut and paste as they are just different enoughthat the parsers do not reliably work. I have given FGG a lot of grief over the years about that. There is no good reason for them to have chosen a slightly off format. I have started in on Tome of Horrors 2020 now (and am working on 4 more modules as well).

The good news is that I fixed errors in the stats blocks just like I fixed errors in the modules I converted. :-)

I have the hardcover FGG 5E monster books (along with the PDF). It is frustrating that FGG does not use the 'standardized' format. Whenever I try to input them into Fantasy Grounds, it's pretty much easier to do it one at a time because of it. That's another part of the reluctance to do RA for me. Out of curiosity, has Bill, Zach and company finally seen the light on this?

Myrdin Potter
September 24th, 2021, 15:37
I have the hardcover FGG 5E monster books (along with the PDF). It is frustrating that FGG does not use the 'standardized' format. Whenever I try to input them into Fantasy Grounds, it's pretty much easier to do it one at a time because of it. That's another part of the reluctance to do RA for me. Out of curiosity, has Bill, Zach and company finally seen the light on this?

The short answer is “no”.

This dumb guy complains but then gets the conversion done anyways.

The longer answer is that they have additional and new layout resources over the past few years and maybe if they were nudged again it would help.

Jesse0317
October 19th, 2021, 23:29
Just a quick update for you guys on the progress. I have a training class starting in November so I'm trying to get as much done before then.

Just finished Level 10C: The Talon of Orcus. This was one was actually fun to do unlike...I'm looking at you Bloodways...

Dax Doomslayer
October 20th, 2021, 00:54
Sweet!! Good job Jesse. We're pulling for you!! :D

jake8675309
October 23rd, 2021, 12:01
This is truly amazing work. Thank you for the updates.
I would love to be able to do something to cheer and boost you across the finish line. It must be so difficult to get the whole thing completed. It blows my mind that someone can actually do this.
I will remind you how much this will improve the quality of our RA campaign, and the evenings our group of friends will be so much more fun and filled with dice rolling through your efforts. Thank you so much, keep up the amazing work, keep us posted.
All the best to you!

Nikmal
October 28th, 2021, 17:25

I try and download this but all I am seeing is an image? Is this still available? Also this is 3E? Or 5E?

Myrdin Potter
October 28th, 2021, 17:50
They are only sharing an image to show their progress. People do not share copyright protected books on the forums.

This is 5e.

Nikmal
October 28th, 2021, 20:09
They are only sharing an image to show their progress. People do not share copyright protected books on the forums.

This is 5e.

I understand that.. I was hoping that it was for sale. I own both the PDF and the hardcover.. I just want to be able to run it on Fantasy Grounds and willing to purchase for FGU too.

LordEntrails
October 28th, 2021, 20:26
I understand that.. I was hoping that it was for sale. I own both the PDF and the hardcover.. I just want to be able to run it on Fantasy Grounds and willing to purchase for FGU too.
It's not yet for sale. Doing something similar myself, I know how large of an effort this is.

Jesse0317
November 12th, 2021, 22:28
Hello Everyone,

Just a small update, so the bad news is that I got dragged back into the IT world and started a new job. The good news is that I'm still working on finishing this up by the Holiday Season.

I'm currently working on Level 12B which should tell how close I am to the finish line. I have to say right now that some of the Maps are a pain, but working thru them.

Dax Doomslayer
November 12th, 2021, 23:11
Hey Jesse0317, that's great news that you're still plugging away (and congrats on the new job). I'm sure the maps and the monster stat blocks probably were the worst part of this!! Thanks for the update and by Christmas is still better than I ever thought!

Nikmal
November 13th, 2021, 01:54
Hello Everyone,

Just a small update, so the bad news is that I got dragged back into the IT world and started a new job. The good news is that I'm still working on finishing this up by the Holiday Season.

I'm currently working on Level 12B which should tell how close I am to the finish line. I have to say right now that some of the Maps are a pain, but working thru them.

Thanks!

Jesse0317
November 16th, 2021, 04:39
Hello All,

Quick Update, I got a burst of inspiration and managed to work down to and finish Level 13A. If this keeps up I just might finish up this thing this coming Friday. The last 7 levels the maps are not super large and the story keys are not that large either.

Attached is a little teaser to show you the end is near.

Have a great day guys.

Dax Doomslayer
November 16th, 2021, 14:05
Wowsa - great work Jesse0317!!

Nikmal
November 16th, 2021, 14:31
Hello All,

Quick Update, I got a burst of inspiration and managed to work down to and finish Level 13A. If this keeps up I just might finish up this thing this coming Friday. The last 7 levels the maps are not super large and the story keys are not that large either.

Attached is a little teaser to show you the end is near.

Have a great day guys.

Very cool. What's going to happen to all of your work once this is done... is it going to be able to be published so that we can get it somehow? :D

Myrdin Potter
November 16th, 2021, 14:51
If FGG has not already reached out, I will call and push them.

Dax Doomslayer
November 16th, 2021, 15:00
Thanks Myrdin!! I know I've been waiting for this forever and I'm psyched someone is doing this monumental task. Now we just need Slumbering Tsar to be redone for 5E and done in Fantasy Grounds!! :D

Jesse0317
November 16th, 2021, 16:59
If FGG has not already reached out, I will call and push them.

Thanks Myrdin!! I'll drop a note on the FGG Discord once I'm done with it. If you want to take a look at it I'm open for that as well, you are after the one has converted stuff for FGG to Fantasy Grounds.

Jesse0317
November 16th, 2021, 17:01
Wowsa - great work Jesse0317!!

Thanks, it's been tedious but a lot of fun as well. This would have taken longer if I had fallen down the rabbit hole of remaking every Map as you can easily use the layers for the various level.

Dax Doomslayer
November 16th, 2021, 18:42
Yeah - the maps are a mess for VTT - even with the map pack. Also, the NPC formatting is always different with FGG so that makes using a parser like Engineer Suite or Fantasy Module Parser kind of difficult to use. I'm psyched that this may finally see the light of day!!

Jesse0317
November 16th, 2021, 22:22
Yeah - the maps are a mess for VTT - even with the map pack. Also, the NPC formatting is always different with FGG so that makes using a parser like Engineer Suite or Fantasy Module Parser kind of difficult to use. I'm psyched that this may finally see the light of day!!

I'll have to agree some are a mess for VTT, my usual mode of operation was to take the player ones and resize them. Then work from there. In hindsight, the next time I do something like this instead of doing both a GM and Player map I'll just do a one map but for the GM use a layer for the keys an have them just be visible to the GM. It's how I worked some of the traps and various corridors. I'm going to add a conversion note when I'm finished about the maps. Some of the maps I placed encounters because the key made it obvious where and others I just pinned them and left it to GM discretion to place them.

Like I said I could have gone down the rabbit hole and really done it up but this work is large enough already.

JohnD
November 17th, 2021, 01:05
... this work is large enough already.

There's an understatement.

Dax Doomslayer
November 17th, 2021, 14:19
Yes - it's a massive project. FGG puts out great stuff. I've been a fan since the 3.0 days and Necromancer Games. I just wish for the maps and the NPC blocks they'd do a better job.

Jesse0317
November 22nd, 2021, 20:32
Well, guys I'm down to the last level The Den of the Master, should be done with it today and then I'm going to do some editing and cleanup, recheck maps. I wonder if the FGG folks have an artist that can do tokens for the unique NPC's...

JohnD
November 22nd, 2021, 20:58
Well, guys I'm down to the last level The Den of the Master, should be done with it today and then I'm going to do some editing and cleanup, recheck maps. I wonder if the FGG folks have an artist that can do tokens for the unique NPC's...

Well you can make tokens out of interior art. I seem to remember some RA stuff for VTT, but maybe that was the map packs.

Jesse0317
November 22nd, 2021, 21:11
Well you can make tokens out of interior art. I seem to remember some RA stuff for VTT, but maybe that was the map packs.

I got that already but they don't have a lot of interior art for a lot of the NPCs.

Dax Doomslayer
November 22nd, 2021, 23:37
That's great news Jesse! Maybe Myrdin Potter can help facilitate that with the Frog God people.

Myrdin Potter
November 23rd, 2021, 02:01
I already chased Zach.

Jesse0317
November 23rd, 2021, 04:35
Well, I'm essentially done. Just going to take the Thanksgiving holiday to do some finishing touches. Holy cow I've never done so many traps...hopefully the way I converted it makes it easy for anyone to run it.

Dax Doomslayer
November 23rd, 2021, 13:41
I'm so looking forward to this Jesse!!! Congrats (and thanks) for taking this on and completing this mammoth accomplishment. Now we just need Slumbering Tsar - lol.

Dax Doomslayer
November 23rd, 2021, 14:43
Hey Jesse - quick question. Is this just the dungeon proper or does this also do the add on stuff like Castle Calaelen from the Kickstarter etc?

Jesse0317
November 23rd, 2021, 16:09
Hey Jesse - quick question. Is this just the dungeon proper or does this also do the add on stuff like Castle Calaelen from the Kickstarter etc?

It's the entire PDF for 5th Edition, so yes it includes Castle Calaelen, Cloister of the Frog god, surrounding wilderness, Tunnels of Doom.

DragonBetween
November 23rd, 2021, 19:21
So how will be able to get our hands on this? I would pay above pdf price for it.

Jesse0317
November 23rd, 2021, 19:37
So how will be able to get our hands on this? I would pay above pdf price for it.

Good Question, I'm not really a developer or such. But since it belongs to Frog god Games I assume they would need to put their stamp of approval and then its a matter of being submitted to Smiteworks for approval.

LordEntrails
November 23rd, 2021, 21:52
Following is info/summary from this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67735-Publishers-looking-for-conversions-for-Fantasy-Grounds

Reach out to SiteWorks, James specifically; [email protected]
FGG is already a known/working publisher so the process should be simple/straight forward.
You will also want to make sure you are in compliance with this (image sizes, linking, etc); https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644285/Developer+Guide
No doubt James will have you upload your module or development campaign somewhere for review.

Jesse0317
November 23rd, 2021, 22:48
Following is info/summary from this post; https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?67735-Publishers-looking-for-conversions-for-Fantasy-Grounds

Reach out to SiteWorks, James specifically; [email protected]
FGG is already a known/working publisher so the process should be simple/straight forward.
You will also want to make sure you are in compliance with this (image sizes, linking, etc); https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/FGCP/pages/996644285/Developer+Guide
No doubt James will have you upload your module or development campaign somewhere for review.

Thanks LordEntrails, I'll reach out to James and go from there. I'm sure I'll have to redo some of the LOS as I used single lines versus double for most of the walls and there were quite a few walls.

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2021, 16:05
I told Zach at FGG for him or someone else to reach out to you. If they have not, PM me your email address and I will get that to them.

I have not had an issue using single lines for maps I submitted. Sometimes single lines are best.

Jesse0317
November 24th, 2021, 16:20
I told Zach at FGG for him or someone else to reach out to you. If they have not, PM me your email address and I will get that to them.

I have not had an issue using single lines for maps I submitted. Sometimes single lines are best.

PM'd you my contact info.

Ulric
November 24th, 2021, 16:31

I also think single lines are great for most maps.

Jesse0317
November 24th, 2021, 16:46
Now that I'm mostly finished, I'm thinking of redoing the Maps so to speak, especially the maze maps as they stand are not really VTT friendly. All the maps I took from the FGG map pack for Rappan Athuk. The ones I redid were mostly the Cloister of the FG as even the unlabeled one has the number keys on it. I included GM and player maps. In the future when I do conversions for my own games I think I'll just do one map for the players and add the number keys as a layer on the player map that is visible only to the GM. Reason being because I run games using the Map and click on the link for the text. If I set it the keys on the player map and just make them visible only to me then I won't need the GM map up. Thanks to Joshua Watmough's FG streams my map making skills have vastly improved.

Sorry about the ramblings just my thoughts already on how I can improve the Fantasy Grounds experience for Rappan Athuk. Lastly if there is enough demand I could do a 3.5/Pathfinder version for Rappan Athuk as I run 5th and Pathfinder/3.5 games as well.

Myrdin Potter
November 24th, 2021, 17:09
If you do not already have RA, it is available in this active bundle right now:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/black-friday-rpg-bonanza-books

Jesse0317
November 24th, 2021, 17:28
I got the hard copy and PDF of both. Just as heavy as my Pathfinder version.

Morquendel
November 25th, 2021, 21:39
Sad there´s no Pathfinder Stuff in that bundle...and doing a VTT bundle would be great...

Jesse0317
November 30th, 2021, 05:33
Hello All,

Just a quick update, I'm going to be signing up to be an official converter/developer. Also someone from FG has reached out to me and we'll be chatting here in the near future. In the meantime I'm putting some finishing touches and will make any needed changes once the ball gets rolling to this on the FG store.

Attached is a screenshot of my progress in pinning one of the side view maps.

jake8675309
November 30th, 2021, 15:48
Jesse;
This is utterly fantastic. Thank you so much for doing this, cannot wait to have RA on FGU!
An incredible accomplishment. This is another example of the things I consider impossible actually becoming reality.
Thank you again for completing such an awesome and monumental task.
You are definitely improving the quality of life for myself and my D&D group...
All the best,
J

Dax Doomslayer
November 30th, 2021, 17:45
This is great news Jesse!! Congrats on slogging through this and good luck with the Frog Gods!!

Jesse0317
December 11th, 2021, 17:17
Just a quick update on this project:

I'm now signed up as a Dev/Converter, so at the moment I'm trying to read up and grasp the standards they use. I've also been chatting with the VTT guy for FGG for art, tokens, etc.

But anyways I'm doing my best to bring this to the finish line which should hopefully be soon. Being in IT field I hate letting projects go on forever.

Thanks everyone for your kind words as well.

Dax Doomslayer
December 11th, 2021, 17:52
Sounds like quite the process Jesse. We've waited this long, we can wait a bit. I'm just ecstatic that this is being done!! Bravo!

Dax Doomslayer
February 11th, 2022, 20:02
@Jesse0317 - Hey Jesse, I was just curious as to how this is coming along? I'm definitely looking forward to buying this!!

Jesse0317
February 11th, 2022, 22:11
@Jesse0317 - Hey Jesse, I was just curious as to how this is coming along? I'm definitely looking forward to buying this!!

Currently I'm working on stream lining it and making a reference manual for it. Once I'm happy with that I'll submit it for Smiteworks to look at it. I could have it done back in December if I knew what i was doing in making an official module. So I've had to go back thru my work and make some corrections and streamline the how it's laid out.

Laerun
February 11th, 2022, 22:30
Bravo!

Dax Doomslayer
February 11th, 2022, 22:32
Very good. I was hoping you didn't give up!! I appreciate your efforts. :D

Jesse0317
February 12th, 2022, 01:47
Very good. I was hoping you didn't give up!! I appreciate your efforts. :D

i haven't given up, just don't feel to inspired at times.

Dax Doomslayer
February 12th, 2022, 02:17
It's a lot of work Jesse - I don't blame you. If it helps, I'm pretty sure there are a good number of of people waiting for this and I know, I'm waiting to buy this as soon as you finish!!

Jesse0317
February 12th, 2022, 02:38
Here's three screen grabs of my organization the thing so far.

Celestian did a good job with the Author extension, after a few trials with it has been a life saver in getting this Reference manual created.

Dax Doomslayer
February 12th, 2022, 05:07
This looks great!! Sizing the maps must've been a real PITA. I'm definitely looking forward to this!!

Pavetheworld
February 24th, 2022, 02:40
This looks awesome Jesse! I just started an FGU campaign into RA and would be interested in getting this. Add me to the list of potential buyers!

Gotobabagoto
February 25th, 2022, 12:52
I am going to buy it twice just because this project is some awesome. Hope you keep up the work. I will certainly appreciate it very much if you finish!

JohnD
February 26th, 2022, 15:46
A project the size of RA will likely be in QA for 6+ months once its submitted, so don't get too excited just yet.

Jesse0317
March 9th, 2022, 23:04
Hi Everyone,

I'm still slogging thru organizing this monster of a module. I'm shooting to have that part done by this weekend. I'm also working a full time job and converting a couple of other modules for my own personal game as well. One of them happens to be Tomb of Abysthor..

One good thing is that I'm going thru and checking for missing parcels and encounter links. Once I'm done with that I'll be rechecking all the maps and I'm leaning heavily towards redoing some of them, that won't take as long. I'm taking ideas on how to best do a Maze Map specifically for Virtual Table Top.

Jiminimonka
March 10th, 2022, 20:45
Hi Everyone,

I'm still slogging thru organizing this monster of a module. I'm shooting to have that part done by this weekend. I'm also working a full time job and converting a couple of other modules for my own personal game as well. One of them happens to be Tomb of Abysthor..

One good thing is that I'm going thru and checking for missing parcels and encounter links. Once I'm done with that I'll be rechecking all the maps and I'm leaning heavily towards redoing some of them, that won't take as long. I'm taking ideas on how to best do a Maze Map specifically for Virtual Table Top.

You cannot go wrong with Dungeondraft for doing the maps. Using the default assets means you can distribute with no credit at all.

How to do a Maze Map however, I dunno, turn off the player map and give them a blank sheet of graph paper! ;)

Dax Doomslayer
March 10th, 2022, 21:35
Ooooh, ToA! My favorite Necromancer module. I approve - lol. The maze part of RA is definitely a conundrum. I've got nothing there. I'm definitely looking forward to whenever RA is available!!

Jesse0317
March 11th, 2022, 00:18
A couple of screenshots, the Reference manual is coming along nicely, just about done with the organization. After that I'll be inserting the artwork and then hopefully submitting it to Smiteworks.

Jesse0317
March 11th, 2022, 00:24
Thanks for the encouragement guys!!

DragonBetween
March 17th, 2022, 15:58
Sooo....... I have had to take a break from Fantasy Grounds, this includes the forums page. Work took up all of my time for a period. I am so very happy to see this project moving forward, and I cannot wait to throw a pile of money to get this conversion.

CampbellR66
May 19th, 2022, 19:44
I can see Rappan Athuk Accessories on the FG store but no Rappan Athuk Module for FG?

I see on web its going on Roll20 but nothing on FG.

Lots of frustration on trying to find a viable FG Mega Dungeon for a filler campaign. DotMM is a big disapointment and scarlet citadel also seem small and needs lots of supporting material.

Dax Doomslayer
May 19th, 2022, 20:15
@Jesse0317 was working on this. I'm not sure where it stands. I've been watching out as to when this becomes available. I'm sure it's quite a slog to get this ready for commercial consumption.

Nikmal
May 19th, 2022, 23:26
@Jesse0317 was working on this. I'm not sure where it stands. I've been watching out as to when this becomes available. I'm sure it's quite a slog to get this ready for commercial consumption.

Yup, I knew that and understand, that is kind of why I asked the question. I was hoping that there was a bit of news is all. Not trying to rush things and I know that it is a slog. I thought about doing it at one point too.

Dax Doomslayer
May 20th, 2022, 00:51
Yup, I knew that and understand, that is kind of why I asked the question. I was hoping that there was a bit of news is all. Not trying to rush things and I know that it is a slog. I thought about doing it at one point too.

No worries and I didn't mean to come across as being dismissive or anything. I was just providing what little info I had. I'm really dying to get this in my hands also!!! It'll be an instant purchase.

Jesse0317
May 20th, 2022, 18:15
Hi Everyone,

Sorry its been slow going for a bit. My normal job takes a lot of time out of me and it takes me out of town as well. That said I'm to the step of correcting the errors that have come up with the conversion checker.

I've spent quite a bit of my time on this so at times I don't even like looking at it. I'm close to the finish line just have to bite the bullet and get it done.

Dax Doomslayer
May 20th, 2022, 18:48
No worries Jesse and no need to apologize. This is a beast and a thankless task. I just want to let you know that I will be eternally grateful once you finish this - I didn't have the intestinal fortitude to do it. So, I guess you can count on undying gratefulness from some random dude on the interwebs!! :D

Nylanfs
May 20th, 2022, 19:26
Hi Everyone,

Sorry its been slow going for a bit. My normal job takes a lot of time out of me and it takes me out of town as well. That said I'm to the step of correcting the errors that have come up with the conversion checker.

I've spent quite a bit of my time on this so at times I don't even like looking at it. I'm close to the finish line just have to bite the bullet and get it done.

Have you tied, you know, winning the lottery so you can focus on the fun things in life? :D

Jesse0317
May 20th, 2022, 19:34
Have you tied, you know, winning the lottery so you can focus on the fun things in life? :D

Not for lack of trying...It just tedious corrections to NPCs at this moment.

CampbellR66
May 20th, 2022, 19:39
Thanks Jess

Been trawling looking for vet maps for RA and saw FG was selling RA accessories but no module … hence question

Started doing a conversion of my 1982 mega dungeon so understand the work involved. A lot of Arkenforge rage quitting

Jesse0317
May 20th, 2022, 19:42
Thanks Jess

Been trawling looking for vet maps for RA and saw FG was selling RA accessories but no module … hence question

Started doing a conversion of my 1982 mega dungeon so understand the work involved. A lot of Arkenforge rage quitting

Dude, just the insane amount of traps I had to create. I think what drove me nuts were the maps...even now I'm tempted to finish and then rework some of the maps to make them a bit more VTT friendly.

Dax Doomslayer
May 20th, 2022, 20:08
Yeah - the NPCs and custom monsters are always the crappiest part of conversions. It doesn't help that FGG/Necromancer format doesn't follow the normal convention used by WoTC and thus any parsers like FMP or ES don't work with them...

JibDaKing
May 22nd, 2022, 18:21
Just had a quick question if anyone in this form knows. When Jesse is finished with RA and doesn't go insane with corrections and hands this over to smiteworks. What is next, does smiteworks run quality control or do they just get the proper permissions and list it on the site?

LordEntrails
May 22nd, 2022, 20:12
It goes through QA with SmiteWorks. Which can take anything from days to weeks, depending upon backlog. Then the QA finding go back to the developer and tat can take days to months. And the cycle repeats. All while we wait patiently :)

prometheus13
May 25th, 2022, 19:58
What ruleset are you building this in? D&D 5e is my guess.

prometheus13
May 25th, 2022, 20:10
Doh. Now see the answer is in the thread title.
Was just curious because Swords and Wizardry just released on the Forge and Rappan Athuk has been published for S&W.

Jesse0317
June 7th, 2022, 15:44
Doh. Now see the answer is in the thread title.
Was just curious because Swords and Wizardry just released on the Forge and Rappan Athuk has been published for S&W.

Just a quick update: I've been hacking away correcting all the errors found by the Conversion checker and making pretty good progress. As for a S&W version, it's not in the cards at the moment at least not from myself.

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2022, 16:43
Nice to hear Jesse!! Hopefully it's not too brain numbing - lol!

Jesse0317
June 7th, 2022, 20:49
Nice to hear Jesse!! Hopefully it's not too brain numbing - lol!

lol, truthfully at the moment it's kind of therapeutic and has given me a much needed break has let me catch up on some of my Podcasts.

Dax Doomslayer
June 7th, 2022, 21:22
lol, truthfully at the moment it's kind of therapeutic and has given me a much needed break has let me catch up on some of my Podcasts.

Well good to hear. I hope your therapy continues to go well - lol!!

JohnD
June 8th, 2022, 02:55
At least you know there are a lot of people eagerly waiting for RA to hit the store.

Jesse0317
June 23rd, 2022, 18:18
Hi Everyone,

I finally got done correcting the errors that came up with the conversion checker. I'm now going thru and checking every level to make sure all the maps are good...Should be too long for me to submit to Smiteworks.

Enjoy the screenshots.

Dax Doomslayer
June 23rd, 2022, 20:49
Sweet!! I can't wait for this Jesse!!

Pavetheworld
June 23rd, 2022, 23:36
Great news! Looking forward to seeing the final product. Thanks for sticking with this Jesse.

Nikmal
June 24th, 2022, 01:25
Hi Everyone,

I finally got done correcting the errors that came up with the conversion checker. I'm now going thru and checking every level to make sure all the maps are good...Should be too long for me to submit to Smiteworks.

Enjoy the screenshots.

Very cool :)

scoot138
July 13th, 2022, 04:12
I started to do this for my campaign, BUT now that I see there is one close to on sale, I am SUPER stoked to not have to input.
Is there a timeframe as to when this may be available on the store?

The Scoot

bawsr
July 16th, 2022, 17:06
This sounds exciting! Keep up the good work.

scoot138
August 5th, 2022, 02:19
How close to purchasable?

Jesse0317
August 5th, 2022, 15:25
I'm looking to turning it in here in the next couple of weeks. Spent the last 3 weeks correcting map and story link issues and errors. Working with some of those maps especially The Bloodways, that one for example the best way to run it is theater of the mind with portions broken out as encounter maps when needed. But I digress....

Dax Doomslayer
August 5th, 2022, 16:24
In the next couple of weeks? That will be sweet!! :D

Myrdin Potter
August 5th, 2022, 18:23
I have converted a fair amouunt of smaller adventures (some FGG) for the store. Getting every link right and token right is a really long process even for smaller adventures. RA is a huge book and the maps are not the best for VTT ....

Dax Doomslayer
August 5th, 2022, 18:57
I have converted a fair amouunt of smaller adventures (some FGG) for the store. Getting every link right and token right is a really long process even for smaller adventures. RA is a huge book and the maps are not the best for VTT ....

I've gotten a couple of those that you did Myrdin. While I love FGG/Necromancer Games, their maps and non-standard monster blocks (and at time their editing) at times leaves much to be desired.

Myrdin Potter
August 5th, 2022, 19:03
I've gotten a couple of those that you did Myrdin. While I love FGG/Necromancer Games, their maps and non-standard monster blocks (and at time their editing) at times leaves much to be desired.

For Tome of Horrors I manually cut and pasted each and every monster into the fields and then reworked some wording here and there to trigger the 5e automation.

Art files name did not match monster names.

Tokens were also a struggle.

I feel for Jesse here. ��

Jesse0317
August 5th, 2022, 19:37
@Myrdin Potter - so as to get burned out on this I mainly do my edits and corrections on Monday nights. In hindsight it might have been better to break this up into sections. The Wilderness and world, The Cloister of the FG, The Tunnels of Terror, etc.

AlterZwerg
August 5th, 2022, 19:54
@Jesse0317
You have my utmost respect for taking on Rappan Athuk.
I did the MCs and the Ravenloft Box for D&D Classic, but RA is a completely different beast.
While I would prefer the S&W Version of it, I think I have to get this just because it is available.

Jesse0317
August 31st, 2022, 18:18
Hello Everyone,

Well I have finally turned this monster of a conversion over. I'm sure they'll have the same headaches I did checking it over.

Now in preparing for any potential corrections and I'm going thru and recreating some of the maps to be more VTT Friendly. One sample is the Sunken Graveyard, some of the maps from the Cloister of the FG...

My advice...do go down the well...

Dax Doomslayer
August 31st, 2022, 19:00
WAHOO - Jesse!!! This is great news and I'm "patiently" waiting for this to hit the stores. The maps and monsters are the biggest issues with FGG it seems so redoing some of them is a project in and of itself. As for going down the well, yes, yes indeed!!

Nikmal
August 31st, 2022, 20:44
Hello Everyone,

Well I have finally turned this monster of a conversion over. I'm sure they'll have the same headaches I did checking it over.

Now in preparing for any potential corrections and I'm going thru and recreating some of the maps to be more VTT Friendly. One sample is the Sunken Graveyard, some of the maps from the Cloister of the FG...

My advice...do go down the well...

Congrats on completing it. Please keep us informed when they release it on FG.with a link so that we can purchase it :)

JohnD
September 4th, 2022, 20:25
What a beast... no takers on the S&W version?

hawkwind
September 4th, 2022, 21:52
just use the universal module and convert the encounters and parcels as you go. I did this with 5e version of Grimmsgate to run it with S&W, its not like you have to do the whole thing at once

scoot138
September 4th, 2022, 23:12
Nose goes.

Dax Doomslayer
November 13th, 2022, 01:01
Hey Jesse,
I figured I check in to see where this bad boy is in the publishing cycle. No pressure - just interested!! :D

Jesse0317
November 13th, 2022, 01:45
I'm actually almost finished doing corrections, my real job has been taking up a lot of my time as well.

Nikmal
November 13th, 2022, 14:43
I'm actually almost finished doing corrections, my real job has been taking up a lot of my time as well.

I hope that real life becomes easier for you :)

Dax Doomslayer
November 13th, 2022, 15:01
Hey Jesse,
I totally understand and hopefully no offense was taken!! Real life always takes precedence over this type of stuff so no need to offer any explanations as I'm sure this has been yeoman's work. I appreciate the update!!

Jesse0317
November 14th, 2022, 05:54
Hey Jesse,
I totally understand and hopefully no offense was taken!! Real life always takes precedence over this type of stuff so no need to offer any explanations as I'm sure this has been yeoman's work. I appreciate the update!!

No offense taken, I like the accountability.

JohnD
November 14th, 2022, 12:52
Looking forward to getting the fruits of your work, but everyone understands priorities... hope things are cooling down and evening out for you.

Jesse0317
November 22nd, 2022, 18:19
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm finally done with the corrections and will be resubmitting sometime this week.

First of all, thank you everyone for your patience with this project. Your patience will soon be rewarded.

2nd - The maps, some of the maps were definitely not made with a VTT in mind....so I redid some of them. For others I added maps of areas most likely to see action but not all.

Dax Doomslayer
November 22nd, 2022, 19:34
Wahoo Jesse!! No need to apologize - at all. That's terrific news and congratulations. I'm looking forward to spending money on this!! This could be my next adventure!

JohnD
November 22nd, 2022, 22:16
Wasn't there supposed to be VTT suitable versions of the maps released as part of that Kickstarter? Or is it even those VTT maps that aren't suitable for VTT use?

Jesse0317
November 22nd, 2022, 22:55
Wasn't there supposed to be VTT suitable versions of the maps released as part of that Kickstarter? Or is it even those VTT maps that aren't suitable for VTT use?

Those were too large and weren't really suitable due to scale as well. I would say they were loosely VTT maps but not really.

Myrdin Potter
November 22nd, 2022, 23:22
They were done by people that, at that point, had little experience with VTT. Basically took the layers with the numbers and secret door/trap markers out.

JohnD
November 22nd, 2022, 23:36
D'oh!

Jesse0317
November 23rd, 2022, 01:32
They were done by people that, at that point, had little experience with VTT. Basically took the layers with the numbers and secret door/trap markers out.

I 2nd that from working with the maps.

Nikmal
November 23rd, 2022, 10:13
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm finally done with the corrections and will be resubmitting sometime this week.

First of all, thank you everyone for your patience with this project. Your patience will soon be rewarded.

2nd - The maps, some of the maps were definitely not made with a VTT in mind....so I redid some of them. For others I added maps of areas most likely to see action but not all.

Looking forward to it :)

Tarpy2112
January 1st, 2023, 19:01
Any new updates?

Whrathgar
January 5th, 2023, 23:08
Any new updates?

I messaged Jesse0317 last week. There were some additional edits needed and it should be for sale before too long.

Nylanfs
January 6th, 2023, 01:29
You should use this "it should be for sale Real Soon (https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealSoonNow)."

Nikmal
January 6th, 2023, 14:20
I messaged Jesse0317 last week. There were some additional edits needed and it should be for sale before too long.

Thank you :)

Whrathgar
February 10th, 2023, 18:08
Jesse, is your work still in their review process? Has the OGL fiasco done anything to bork the project?

Dax Doomslayer
February 10th, 2023, 21:38
I'm hoping that's not the case - especially now with the complete resolution of the situation. Last we heard it is still going through 'quality control'. I'm definitely dying for this bad boy to see the light of day!!

JohnD
February 10th, 2023, 22:43
The module is probably the biggest single DLC package to be submitted for review. It wouldn't surprise me if it's taking a long time.

Also, you never know the OGL stuff may still have had an impact in some way.

Jesse0317
April 11th, 2023, 22:15
Jesse, is your work still in their review process? Has the OGL fiasco done anything to bork the project?

Sorry I didn't answer have been pretty busy, but RA has been released on the FG store and on Steam!!

Jesse0317
April 11th, 2023, 22:16
The review process did indeed take a long time.

Dax Doomslayer
April 11th, 2023, 22:26
Sorry I didn't answer have been pretty busy, but RA has been released on the FG store and on Steam!!

WOOT!!! Purchased!

Jesse0317
April 11th, 2023, 22:29
WOOT!!! Purchased!

Thank you for your support!!!

Jesse0317
April 11th, 2023, 22:35
Just a disclaimer on the maps. Some of the provided maps were not that great and I did my best to do LOS on them. That said some were too large and not the right scale.

That said I may revisit some of them and recreate them and if so will update them.

If you spot errors just let me know and I'll correct and get them submitted.

That said have fun with it and know it was a large labor of love and hatred for me.....

Dax Doomslayer
April 11th, 2023, 23:00
I can't even imagine the effort that went into this. I'm looking forward to inflicting it on some PCs. It may be a bit as we're finishing up a dungeon but I've been waiting for this one! I'm a happy camper!!

GoblinTown
April 11th, 2023, 23:01
Going to pick this up right now. I have been hoping for this for a number of years. Thank you for all the work Jesse, very much appreciated!

brysheffie
April 11th, 2023, 23:32
So grateful for this and all your hard work!!!! Happily purchased as soon as I saw it!!!

scoot138
April 11th, 2023, 23:52

Bought it!!

Blahness98
April 12th, 2023, 01:03
As someone that has built the first book and a half of Slumbering Tsar, congrats on your release! These mega dungeons are both a pain and worth it all at the same time.

scoot138
April 12th, 2023, 01:40
As someone that has built the first book and a half of Slumbering Tsar, congrats on your release! These mega dungeons are both a pain and worth it all at the same time.

For real, I built Lost City of Barakus, than started to build this one and am SO GLAD someone else was working on it!!

Jesse0317
April 12th, 2023, 05:49
Thank you, I think I'm still 1/2 insane just from the maps alone.

hawkwind
April 12th, 2023, 12:29
I was pleasantly surprised by the price of the DLC. Any chance of a Swords and Wizardry version?

Jesse0317
April 12th, 2023, 12:59
I was pleasantly surprised by the price of the DLC. Any chance of a Swords and Wizardry version?

Someone approached me a couple of months back asking for advice on converting RA to SW. As for myself doing this...not anytime soon...

Dax Doomslayer
April 12th, 2023, 14:34
Thank you, I think I'm still 1/2 insane just from the maps alone.

Yeah - I can't imagine. I love FGG stuff but their maps and the way they don't follow the standard monster template construction is maddening...I really appreciate all your work on this Jesse!!

hawkwind
April 12th, 2023, 16:23
There are a lot names in the module ending with the Capital letter 'B'

hawkwind
April 12th, 2023, 17:56
some images are missing from level maps like this stone table