PDA

View Full Version : Hook for Curse of Strahd/ Lords' Alliance question

Death from Below
February 3rd, 2019, 15:22
I'm making up a slightly different hook for Curse of Strahd that I will be running soon. The kids have just finished Lost Mines of Phandelver and Sildar, a member of the Lords' Alliance, is going to offer the wizard to become a member and once accepted will then hand over the letter from the Barovian Burgomaster asking for help. Of course this letter will turn out to be fake and actually written by Strahd. They'll bite on the hook and the wizard loves glory and title, i know he will accept membership. The Phandelver guide says to offer the title of "Cloak". Which, honestly seems a bit boring sounding. I haven't seen any list of Rank/Title anywhere for the Lords' Allliance. Does anyone have any more detail on this type of thing? I'm hoping for a list of Rank/Title with something that sounds a bit sexier and will fit into future campaigns in which the wizard will enjoy continuing to build his prestige. I don't want to stray outside any factual stuff that might already exist for the Alliance so his character is portable with any other DMs, etc. OR maybe I'm thinking in way too much detail about all this...

thanks

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2019, 18:15
The ranks for the Lord's Alliance are given in the Dungeon Master's Guide and the first rank is indeed Cloak.

See Chapter 1 > Factions and Organisations

Death from Below
February 3rd, 2019, 18:49
So...you're saying I need to stop skipping entire areas of the DM guide and actually just read it cover to cover once and for all...;)

Thanks!

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2019, 18:56
So...you're saying I need to stop skipping entire areas of the DM guide and actually just read it cover to cover once and for all...;)

Thanks!

Indeed. Although I only knew this because I'm running Dragon Heist at the moment and in the Factions section of that module it refers to the Dungeon Master's Guide for ranks in various factions that appear in Dragon Heist. :)