PDA

View Full Version : Party funds

Davinci522
February 3rd, 2019, 08:44
How do you guys handle party funds? I’m trying to think of a good way to do it so everyone can see what is in there. I thought about making a new PC and just using that for a party inventory but if a player opens it up won’t it be claimed by them and no one else can see it then? Should I make an NPC and share it with everyone to track supplies? Does one PC just keep track? Thanks for any input.

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2019, 09:20
This is what the Party sheet is for. I distribute all coins but we leave everything else that no-one is going to use in the Party sheet. All players can access that at any time to see what's in it.

Of course this ignores encumbrance (which I don't bother about) but if you do then you will need to create a PC 'Cart' or 'Donkey' or some such in order to track how much the cart or donkey is carrying.

Davinci522
February 3rd, 2019, 09:38
So if there is gold in there already you can’t use the button to distribute it evenly if it’s “party funds” right? Say there is a party of four that has 45 gp in the party sheet they get 250 gp from completing a quest. To distribute it evenly without having to do math FG would do the 45 plus the 250 and then devide by four leaving the remainder in the party sheet right?

GunnarGreybeard
February 3rd, 2019, 09:39
Use the Inventory tab on the previously mentioned Party Sheet. It should accomplish what you are looking for.

Zacchaeus
February 3rd, 2019, 10:13
So if there is gold in there already you can’t use the button to distribute it evenly if it’s “party funds” right? Say there is a party of four that has 45 gp in the party sheet they get 250 gp from completing a quest. To distribute it evenly without having to do math FG would do the 45 plus the 250 and then devide by four leaving the remainder in the party sheet right?

Yes. FG will distribute all coins evenly. If the amount does not divide exactly evenly then FG will leave the odd bit in the Party sheet. Usually that amounts to just a few coins. If you want to have a separate amount of gold which belongs to the party then you'll need to keep it off the party sheet.

HighInquisitorTremayne
February 3rd, 2019, 13:24
I created a new PC named "ZParty Inventory" ("Z" so it stays at the bottom of the party sheet) and added it to the party sheet. This will divide the treasure into a party fund. Then one player controls that sheet to manage the inventory as necessary.

The only minor issue is you have to remove it before awarding XP.

LordEntrails
February 3rd, 2019, 19:09
Or leave the gold in teh party sheet. But make it an "Item" called "3000 gp" or whatever and assign it to "Party" then is won't get sold or distributed.

mhorgunn
February 5th, 2019, 16:42
My players like the PC method as they have a quartermaster and they have the responsibility of bookkeeping. This also allows to keep track of party assets i.e. Boats, wagons, and such. Made a portrait of a treasure chest just for good measure

SmackDaddy
August 30th, 2020, 19:53
Is there a video or anything showing how best to utilize the party/parcel stuff and how best to handle the distribution? What happens to items the party doesn't want to keep? Can things be sold from that screen so the gold could simply be distributed?

Zacchaeus
August 30th, 2020, 22:18
Is there a video or anything showing how best to utilize the party/parcel stuff and how best to handle the distribution? What happens to items the party doesn't want to keep? Can things be sold from that screen so the gold could simply be distributed?

The party sheet I believe is covered ion either video three or four here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?42440-Tutorial-Video-Series