PDA

View Full Version : [LFP] Homebrew D&D 5e Game - Fridays

GunnarGreybeard
February 1st, 2019, 23:36
ALL of the below is subject to change . . .

(New Player Friendly)

FG License: GM has FG Classic Ultimate License (meaning anyone can join my games, even those with just the Demo . . .
Game System: D&D 5E (Homebrew)

Time Zone: US Central Daylight Time [GMT-5] (Current Local Time (https://time.is/CDT))
Day of week and time: Saturday Time: 7:00-10:00 PM CDT (GMT -5)
If new game, planned start date: Currently running Campaign
Planned Duration & Frequency: Every other Week
Term: Short-Long term campaign (depending on continued player interest)

Text or Voice: Voice
Voice software used: Discord (see directly above)
Will this be recorded and/or live streamed?: No

Roleplay & Combat mix: 60/40
Number of Players in game & needed: 2-5
Character starting level & equipment: 1st Level, Equipment based on Background
Character/Campaign restrictions: A D&D 5e game trying to capture an old school feel (see below);
• Class: Fighter, Wizard, Cleric or Rogue only (from the PHB)
• Race: Human (no variant), Dwarf or Elf only (from the PHB)
• Attributes: 4d6 and drop the lowest, rolled in front of the GM and placed in any order or you can roll n the discord channel (no Standard Array, Point Buy)
• Background Tweaks: Besides a standard Background (from the PHB), players will also choose from a realistic dark age/medieval 'Viking' based occupation and incorporate that into their background/concept (a list and details will be provided).
• Deity: Choose from 1 of 10 (a list and details will be provided).
• Alignment: D&D Alignment replaced with Morality system (a list and details will be provided).
• Optional/Variants Rules: Healers Kit Dependency (no others will be used such as feats, flanking, etc).
• Backstory: Do NOT create this yet but it’s ok to be working on a generic idea. There will be many regional factors involved including where you are from, whom your parents are, etc., (it can be pretty detailed and involved so you may want to hold back on that until we start character creation).
• Magic: Magic is mostly legal, as long as it doesn't involve demons or affect human souls. Those are the areas governed by the evil gods and are illegal in most areas. Where they are legal they are closely guarded by the evil churches. Conducting such spells will result in the mage being accused of witchcraft. This accusation can also occur if a person claims they are being harmed by magic. Witchcraft is punishable by execution. Cleric spells require faith in a particular deity are considered miracles performed by a god and not magic. Wizard spells require skill and learning, invocations and are considered magic. Wizards and Clerics alike get upset when someone confuses magic and miracles.

Details of your scenario:
Details are still being worked out as the campaign continues but for now, you are members of a rebellious Viking (Ivinian) Clan (in other words, to the rest of the Viking world, you are just a bunch of pirates). At some point, you are summoned by and subsequently ‘tasked’ by your lord to visit a settlement far off to the south to investigate problems going on there. The lord of this settlement is a distant cousin of your lord so great favor can be gained, or lost if you screw it up!

Link to Gamecalendar page: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=4486

NOTE: No evil characters, min-maxers or disruptive players will be tolerated. We are here to have fun not antagonize each other. Most of us get enough of that in real life already.

GunnarGreybeard
February 2nd, 2019, 19:37
Have 2 players so far so still plenty of room. Could use at least one Cleric or Wizard but more Fighters and Rogue are welcome too. Please read the Character/Campaign restrictions before making a commitment.

AND, despite what the previous post may indicate, this will definitely be a new player friendly campaign.

Added the a link to the Gamecalendar page in the 1st post.

GunnarGreybeard
February 2nd, 2019, 21:46
For those interested and who have Discord. You can direct message me "GunnarGreybeard#9935" and do your rolls there if you want. I can also be reached via the FG Discord. I believe the roll code is "!3d6" (without the quotes). Make 6 rolls and you can put them in order of preference. Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Forresn
February 5th, 2019, 18:50
I am super interested but I might need help building a character

GunnarGreybeard
February 5th, 2019, 19:24
I am super interested but I might need help building a character

No worries, we can do that.

What time zone are you in and what times available? We are currently leaning towards this being a daytime game, like 2-5 PM CST [GMT-6]). You may also want to sign up on the Game Calendar and Discord channel (links in my signature). AND I would highly recommend reading through the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria.

Forresn
February 5th, 2019, 21:13
I am pacific time and I’m available 24/7.

GunnarGreybeard
February 5th, 2019, 22:03
I am pacific time and I’m available 24/7.

Ok, I added you to the Game Calendar and sent an invite. You will need to accept that to the see the info in there. You should also have Discord access.

GunnarGreybeard
February 7th, 2019, 17:52
Official Campaign (first session) start date is Wednesday, Feb 13th @ 01:00 PM (CST/GMT-6) so should be a pretty Euro friendly time. I will run with a minimum of 2 regular players (up to 5) and still have a slot or 2 open if anyone still wants in. Details and Game Calendar link are in the 1st post of this thread.

glvsav37
February 8th, 2019, 04:02
I'm new to online play but played old school paper and dice 2nd edition D&D for years. Its been a whiel since I played but have been interested in gettting back into it. IDK if you still need players, let me know if you have interest in me joining the party. thx

Afternoons work best for me, I work from home and in EST time zone, but some what flexible.

GunnarGreybeard
February 8th, 2019, 11:36
Hello glvsav37.

We do have 4 players right now but we can probably squeeze in player especially if we have a no show once the campaign starts. You may also want to sign up on the Game Calendar and Discord channel (stats are being rolled in Discord). The links are in my signature AND I would highly recommend reading through the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria.

Lord Olrak
February 12th, 2019, 21:39
I'd also like to join.

GunnarGreybeard
February 12th, 2019, 22:26
Hi Lord Olrak,

If everyone shows up that has signed up and created characters already we will be full up but if anyone drops there would likely be room for you. If you have not already done so, you may want to sign up on the Game Calendar and Discord channel (stats are being rolled in Discord). The links are in my signature AND I would highly recommend reading through the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria.

GunnarGreybeard
February 14th, 2019, 17:13
We have plenty of players at the moment so not taking any more signups but if anyone wants to be put on the standby list, feel free to PM me or sign up on the Game Calendar.

Birnir
February 15th, 2019, 11:44
If you still have a slot i would love to join if you still have a slot :) i should not have a problem RPing a Viking, beeing that i am from iceland :) new to FG tho.

GunnarGreybeard
February 15th, 2019, 15:07
Hello Birnir. We are full up right now but I can certainly put you on the standby list.

Birnir
February 15th, 2019, 15:29
i would appreciate that, thanks :)

GunnarGreybeard
February 20th, 2019, 23:00
The party is full and the game running. Thanks everyone for your interest.

GunnarGreybeard
March 11th, 2019, 13:09
Looks like we could use 1 more player, preferably a Wizard, but another Fighter would do as well.

If interested you should have access to the Game Calendar (link in the 1st post) and Discord channel (link in my signature) AND for those considering joining, I would highly recommend reading through the entire 1st post of this thread, paying really close attention to the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria. No exceptions.

Tolk63
March 12th, 2019, 01:23
Hey.

Still looking for players? I am CST, and Weds would be a perfect fit for me, if I am allowed in. I have extensive knowledge of many RPG games, and have been playing regularly on FG for the past year... (Though by no means am I any kind of expert in any of them... or a rules lawyer, yuck)

Let me know? And if the game is full, I'd be one to wait in the wings for the inevitable drifting away a lot of these PUG games see.

Thanks

GunnarGreybeard
March 12th, 2019, 13:08
Be aware it's in the afternoon on Wednesdays (CDT) and not an evening game.

GunnarGreybeard
March 13th, 2019, 19:35
Bumping this again as it seems we might still could use 1 more player. All I ask is that before voicing interest and going through the signup process and, generating a PC, etc is that, you thoroughly read the through the entire 1st post of this thread, paying really close attention to the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria. No exceptions.

GunnarGreybeard
March 27th, 2019, 16:59
It seems we will be short a player again so we have a regular weekly spot for anyone interested. Games are weekly on Wednesdays @ 13:00 Central Daylight time (UTC-5).

As previously, all I ask is that before posting or PMing interest, and going through the signup process, generating a PC, etc, is that you thoroughly read the through the entire 1st post of this thread, paying really close attention to the 'Character/Campaign restrictions' as your PC needs to fit within this criteria "No exceptions" AND be aware that this is a TEXT only game.

GunnarGreybeard
April 7th, 2019, 07:06
Going to bump this as it appears we have room for another player, or 2.

Willette
April 7th, 2019, 12:32
Hello, I'm very interested in joining. Both the time and the text chat work great for me.
I am a rather new player and have only recently started playing. I am familiar with most of the basic rules and played a little but never tried Fantasy Grounds before.
The setting seems interesting and I would love to play a wizard, but I'm open to other classes if the party needs it.

GunnarGreybeard
April 7th, 2019, 13:24
Hello, I'm very interested in joining. Both the time and the text chat work great for me.
I am a rather new player and have only recently started playing. I am familiar with most of the basic rules and played a little but never tried Fantasy Grounds before.
The setting seems interesting and I would love to play a wizard, but I'm open to other classes if the party needs it.

They could use a Wizard (or Fighter). Right now we have a Elf Fighter and Human Cleric, you can start at 2nd level which is what they are.

Krma
April 10th, 2020, 16:05
I'm interested and Wednesdays work well for me. Are you playing at 5 PM CST? The GMT threw me off.
I'm an older dude bucking 50, been playing tabletop since the 80s. Looking for a frequent game. Let me know if you have room.

Thanks

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 17:14
I was running this last year, on Wednesdays, but had to stop due to real life issues. I am wanting to start back up BUT I now work on Wednesdays so cannot do it then anymore. The new days I could start this back up would be Friday or Saturday night. I will see if I can edit the thread title to avoid any confusion.

And yes, I am CST but would probably need to start later now, with the job changes.

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 17:17
It won't let me edit the thread title so I may need to start another LFP post/thread.

Phithis
April 10th, 2020, 18:52
I'm fine with all the character rules, but I have nerve damage, so the "text only" is not really doable. If you ever decide to do voice I would love to play.

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 19:42
I'm fine with all the character rules, but I have nerve damage, so the "text only" is not really doable. If you ever decide to do voice I would love to play.

We started out using Text but later switched to Voice (Discord). I have updated the 1st post with that information.

Phithis
April 10th, 2020, 21:53
Alright, sounds awesome! I'm central time so that works well. I have an active game on Fridays, but Saturday is fine. I applied on the calendar.

ffbjay
April 10th, 2020, 22:20
I am CDT and I have applied on the calendar.

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 23:41
Just to clarify, I'm running FG Classic so you need a license (or just the Demo) of that version to connect.

IF those interested are OK with playing every other week, I can run one campaign Friday and another on Saturday, alternating weeks?

GunnarGreybeard
April 10th, 2020, 23:50
Here is the Discord channel link > https://discord.gg/9wsDVF

GunnarGreybeard
April 11th, 2020, 04:26
I am CDT and I have applied on the calendar.

Alright, sounds awesome! I'm central time so that works well. I have an active game on Fridays, but Saturday is fine. I applied on the calendar.

I accepted you both on the calendar.

Phithis
April 11th, 2020, 06:03
Thanks! And yeah every other week is fine by me.

LordClaus
April 11th, 2020, 22:21
Am interested, veteran D & D player new to FG and 5e

GunnarGreybeard
April 12th, 2020, 00:22
Am interested, veteran D & D player new to FG and 5e

We have 5 right now, if everyone stays into the 1st session but we can probably take another. Check the Discord link a few posts earlier, it should still be valid. And check to the calendar entry, link in my signature.

jake98989
August 5th, 2020, 00:54
I am interested if there is still room

GunnarGreybeard
August 6th, 2020, 02:10
If you are still interested, you can join our discord channel here Vikings of Rogna (https://discord.gg/jHGTy8V)

mordenkainen
August 7th, 2020, 18:06
I'm interested. Contacted you by pm. Thanks.

GunnarGreybeard
August 7th, 2020, 20:31
I am interested if there is still room

I'm interested. Contacted you by pm. Thanks.

I sent both of you a Game Calendar invite because the campaign is currently set to private (and you won't see it listed there by default). We don't use the calendar much because no one seems to check there for updates, and so we mostly use discord (link in my signature).

Also, just for clarification, it is not a new campaign, most players just made 3rd level. All new players start at 1st (you'll hit 2nd pretty quick). Both of you are "in" if you want and if later, you decide it's not the kind of game you are looking for that's cool. All we ask is you just give a heads up that you are dropping out and not just disappear without a word.

NOTE: The thread title says "Fridays" but I was unable to edit it. The actual game day is Saturday.