PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds] Target icons not showing in CT for some players

hereander
February 1st, 2019, 22:03
Hi there!
We just started with savage worlds ruleset and it turns out that some of my players do not see the "drag onto new target" and "clear targets" icons in the combat tracker while some others have them available.
First I thought that maybe the player only sees them when it is his turn. But this assumption was proven wrong.
What else might be causing this?

cheers,
hereander

edit:
it also occurs frequently that i get a message like this when i remove a player from the combattracker:
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/template_groupcount.lua"]:52: attempt to index upvalue 'nodeGroup' (a userdata value)
maybe completely unrelated though?

damned
February 1st, 2019, 23:41
So you have any unpacked copies of CoreRPG or SavageWorlds in your rulesets directory?
Have all your players updated to 3.3.7?

hereander
February 2nd, 2019, 00:36
Yes, the Savage Worlds ruleset is unpacked because I am working on a german translation for my group. I unpacked it to be able to quickly switch the includes of the string xml files. I am not sure if it was allready unpacked when we first saw the problem. How is that related?
Also I am not sure if they all updated but I was just able to reproduce it when I connect with a second instance of FG on localhost (which should be the same version, right?)

LordEntrails
February 2nd, 2019, 01:23
If you have an unpacked version of the ruleset, then that is being used. And it may mean that you are not actually running the current version of the ruleset.

First thing to do when trouble shooting is to remove as many variables as you can and see if the problem exists in the current official versions. So rename the unpacked ruleset and disable all extension and see if it repeats in a new campaign. Then start putting things back one at a time until you figure out what;s causing the issue.