PDA

View Full Version : Conditional Statements for Tables

Tielc
February 1st, 2019, 20:16
Is there any way to ask a conditional statement when rolling on a Table? Example, Is it Nighttime, Yes or No, are you on a Road or Wilderness. Then use that to determine the die requirement (ie. 18+ vs. 15+) and table to roll on (Daytime vs. Nighttime). I ask, because I could do this with Recursive Tables and Query within Roll20, and can't seem to do this here.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2019, 20:35
No, you can’t use a query in a table. You can create a table that can randomly call other tables but can’t specify a condition for the roll.

Andraax
February 1st, 2019, 22:28
You can use any die to roll on a table; just pick up the die (dice) you want to roll and drop them onto the table.

Zacchaeus
February 1st, 2019, 22:55
I understood the question to be that on any one result of a roll on a table if condition a applied then roll on table b otherwise roll on table c. If I'm misunderstanding and you want a solution such as Andraax is suggesting then if all you need is a table with say 20 rows with day being 1-10 and Night being 11-20 then you can pick up a d10 and drop it on the table for day or add a +10 to the modifier and drop a d10 on it for nighttime.

Andraax
February 1st, 2019, 23:27
And if you setup your tables with multiple columns, then you can drop a die onto a column and it only rolls that column.

Willot
February 2nd, 2019, 03:54
I would simply put the results for each case in a separate column like I did for my Critical Table

Andraax
February 2nd, 2019, 04:01
Yeah, so if you drag and drop the dice button onto one column, it will only give you the result from that column.

Willot
February 2nd, 2019, 04:48
Yeah, so if you drag and drop the dice button onto one column, it will only give you the result from that column.

Yep,
although criticals and fumbles automatically roll if you have the option selected, so I just choose the right one for the weapon being used and drop that into the chat window for the player.

Zacchaeus
February 2nd, 2019, 11:27
Indeed, all this works. However after a discussion with the OP on Discord he was trying to do this for results for a Story template. So he wasn't manually rolling dice he was trying to get FG to roll the dice in the background to create entries in a template.

Tielc
February 3rd, 2019, 16:40
I may be able to make this work. So I could have different columns for Nighttime on a Road, Daytime on a Road, Nighttime in the Wilderness and Daytime in the Wilderness. It's not as elegant as prompts, but this would limit the Check for Roll down to a single table at least. Thanks for the tip!