PDA

View Full Version : pathfinder rulebook vs 3.5/pf core

Chrystalthrone
January 31st, 2019, 11:42
I'm feeling mightily stupid now, but I can't for the life of me figure out what 50 bucks gets me here. I seem to have all the info in the corebook in the free ruleset that came with FG. I'm missing magic items apparently, but is that really all? Or am I just really dense here, and missing obvious things?

Trenloe
January 31st, 2019, 15:28
Formatted reference manual, all of the artwork, portraits (created from artwork) and a graphical theme.

As an aside: if you've bought the PDF of the Core Rulebook from Paizo, you get the cost of that off the purchase price.

Chrystalthrone
February 1st, 2019, 13:46
Great. Good to know. Thanks for the quick answer, more likely to buy it now.

Ckorik
February 1st, 2019, 17:43
I'm pretty sure that it also has drag and drop functionality for class/race leveling (at least for core rules stuff) - which the free rule set doesn't support. Also 'decals' for the center of your screen - for what it's worth the Monster Manual also is jazzed up over the free version - the monsters all have tokens that match - and in the 'info' section they have a link to the monster art - along with links to all the feats/abilities the monster has.

Trenloe
February 1st, 2019, 17:52
I'm pretty sure that it also has drag and drop functionality for class/race leveling (at least for core rules stuff) - which the free rule set doesn't support.
The PFRPG Basic Rules (OGL) module has this now.