PDA

View Full Version : How to add potions to charaktersheet action tab in Pathfinder

Sargas
January 30th, 2019, 19:09
Hi all

I watched some videos of creating potions in the charactersheet action tab in 5E. This is easy and great.
But how do i this in my Pathfinder game ?

I want do add Potions / healing Staff / magical items witch alters skills (ring of jumping)

thanks for help
Sargas

Trenloe
January 30th, 2019, 19:18
Create a new "spell" class and call it "Magic Items" or whatever you want. Then add some "uses" to level 1 (so that you get the "Level 1" title) and then right-click and add your items as new "spells", which allows you to add actions (damage, healing, effects, etc.) and also track uses.

Sargas
January 30th, 2019, 22:05
Thanks

just one more thing
how to track uses without reseting them after a rest?

Kelrugem
January 30th, 2019, 22:23
I guess you have to do this manually :) So, going to the Preparation mode and removing one preparation. Or you make for each potion one separate entry; but for wands with 50 charges this might be too much :D For the latter you could use this useful extension: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?40602-Extension-Enhanced-Items-v4
It adds charges to things like "wands" etc. but you can use this also for potions by simply changing its type to e.g. wand :) (because for these items, like potions, it doesn't really matter if their type is "wrong")

EDIT: Then for things like wands (using this extension) you can simply keep one preparation for these items and you never use this preparation then; keep track of the charges in the charges entry of the items

LordEntrails
January 30th, 2019, 23:26
I don't know about PF, but in 5E you change the uses to "Once" from either 'daily' or 'rest' That way they will not recharge on a rest. See if PF has the same ability.