PDA

View Full Version : New User attempting to load Adventure Module

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 04:16
I have purchased the ultimate subscription based version of the game and have appropriately entered my user key as it is showing as ultimate edition upon opening. I have a steam account and it is linked but I am not using Steam to actually launch the game or make any purchases. I purchased Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage and am attempting to load it after selecting the 5e ruleset (all). After updating the game using the launcher I can see it is loading the adventure module but it seems to be labeled slightly differently. After selecting all the necessary rulesets tokens etc I am completely unable to load the new adventure module I purchased. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

LordEntrails
January 30th, 2019, 04:36
How have you tried to load it?

Create a 5E campaign, then once inside, go to Library > Modules and click Load.

Have you tried that?

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 04:42
Yes the adventure module is not displaying within the list at all so I cannot even select it in the module menu... It shows basic rules calendar etc but no Adventure module.

Trenloe
January 30th, 2019, 04:58
Welcome to the FG forums. Sorry you're having teething problems getting going.

After updating the game using the launcher I can see it is loading the adventure module but it seems to be labeled slightly differently. After selecting all the necessary rulesets tokens etc I am completely unable to load the new adventure module I purchased.
Please provide a screenshot of the Library -> Modules, which will take you to the "Data Mdoule Activation" screen showing the module/s that are labelled slightly differently than you expect. Expand the "Data Module Activation" window if needed to show all of the 5E modules you have available to activate.

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 05:04
here it is

damned
January 30th, 2019, 05:12
Please go into your fg data folder (on the splash screen clock the Explorer Icon) and then the Vault and report the size of the WOTC5EDOTMM.dat file?
Try deleting it and re-running the updater.

Also have a look in your Settings and see if it points to the same folder as Fantasy Grounds just opened for you?

Trenloe
January 30th, 2019, 05:15
here it is
Thanks for that, this helps a lot. I'm confused by your statement in post #1: "After updating the game using the launcher I can see it is loading the adventure module but it seems to be labeled slightly differently." Can you expand on this? When did you see something like Dungeon of the Mad Mage? Was it during an update, or something else?

Please try the following:

1) run through the initial setup again - even if you've done this before. And follow this guide: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/Setup_Tutorial Make sure that step #5 is completed with a successful login using the FG website username and password tied to your Dungeon of the Mad Mage purchase.
2) After you've completed the setup, run an update - pay attention to the update screen and look for the produce code "WOTC5EDOTMM" being downloaded.
3) If you saw "WOTC5EDOTMM" being downloaded in the updater, open a 5E campaign and see if you can now access the module. If not, click the folder icon in the top right of the main FG startup screen and go to the "vault" directory in the file explorer that opens. See if there is a WOTC5EDOTMM.dat or WOTC5EDOTMM.tmp file - delete this and re-run an update. If there is no WOTC5EDOTMM file there, then go the the Store -> History link at the top of this website (while logged in with the same username you used in step #1) and see if you can see your order of The Mad Mage linked to your username.

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 05:22
The size of the file is 140,975 KB. After deleting from the vault then rerunning the updater it successfully updated however the module still did not show up in the activations screen. The file directory is correct in settings.

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 05:25
The order shows up under history and is linked to the same account. It shows in the updater as you indicated after deleting it from the vault and rerunning updater. That's what I meant in step one but I figured out its just an abbreviation I was just thrown off by the WotC label in front on the updater and wasn't sure if maybe there was a compatibility issue.

eshaw1111
January 30th, 2019, 05:28
After rerunning updater again the size of the file adjusted from 80k to 140k and now it shows. Really odd. But it worked so thank you much guys!