PDA

View Full Version : 5e Silver Weapon Item property not added to dmg type

mattekure
January 29th, 2019, 17:15
In the 5e ruleset. When creating a weapon that has the silver property, it does not propagate to the damage type when added to a character sheet. This means that the DM or player will have to manually edit the entry on the actions tab to include the silver property in the damage type. The magic property does propagate properly.

Moon Wizard
January 29th, 2019, 17:30
Properties are not currently parsed for information on materials. Only "thrown", "finesse" and "magic" do any sort of extra processing at this point.

Regards,
JPG

mattekure
January 29th, 2019, 17:33
Thank you, I'd like to request that silver be added to the short list of properties that get processed, because like the magic property, it will affect what resistance that weapon can bypass and its possible players will not notice.

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2019, 17:46
You don't add damage types to the weapon properties but to the damage box. So in this case you would add the damage as 1d8, slashing, silver

mattekure
January 29th, 2019, 17:54
You don't add damage types to the weapon properties but to the damage box. So in this case you would add the damage as 1d8, slashing, silver

Ok, the item wiki https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet should be updated then. the entry reads
Properties
The weapon's properties should follow those noted in the PHB so that Fantasy Grounds recognises what they mean, Thus the acceptable properties would be, light, finesse, thrown, heavy, two-handed, reach etc. Also record here whether the weapon is magical or is made from rare materials. Acceptable words are magic, silver, adamantine. Properties should be listed separated by commas e.g light, finesse, silver, magic. Two further properties are available 'crit range x' will determine whether this weapon criticals on a number less than 20 (crit range 19 for crit on 19-20); and 'reroll x' where a weapon rerolls damage dice (for example reroll 2 will reroll any 1's and 2's that come up on the damage dice and take the rerolled values).

Zacchaeus
January 29th, 2019, 20:20
Ok, the item wiki https://www.fantasygrounds.com/wiki/index.php/5E_Item_Sheet should be updated then. the entry reads
Properties
The weapon's properties should follow those noted in the PHB so that Fantasy Grounds recognises what they mean, Thus the acceptable properties would be, light, finesse, thrown, heavy, two-handed, reach etc. Also record here whether the weapon is magical or is made from rare materials. Acceptable words are magic, silver, adamantine. Properties should be listed separated by commas e.g light, finesse, silver, magic. Two further properties are available 'crit range x' will determine whether this weapon criticals on a number less than 20 (crit range 19 for crit on 19-20); and 'reroll x' where a weapon rerolls damage dice (for example reroll 2 will reroll any 1's and 2's that come up on the damage dice and take the rerolled values).

Ooh, that must have changed then. I would not have written that it it hadn't been a thing at that time. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it asap.

mattekure
January 29th, 2019, 20:28
Ooh, that must have changed then. I would not have written that it it hadn't been a thing at that time. Thanks for pointing that out. I'll fix it asap.

yeah, it was that article that led me to believe that silver should be propagated into the damage type the way magic is. Logically it seems like it should be a property of the item the way adamantine and cold-forged iron are, but I suppose those wont copy over either. I'll make note that they have to be manually added when I am teaching.