PDA

View Full Version : Is there a FG language translator outside of the game?

Tolk63
January 28th, 2019, 23:23
Hey all.

I've been asked by a DM to do a little write up on a character in first person. My character is Half-Orc, and thereby knows the Orc language. When I finish the written part of this I was hoping to find a way to do a translation of it over to the orc language that is provided in the FG chat area.

Anyone know if there is something for this? I'll try the in game chat program itself and see how well I can copy paste out of it, but just thought to ask if there was something usable outside of the FG. I thought that doing this would offer a bit of flair that would add to the story.

Thanks!

Tolk63
January 28th, 2019, 23:25
Well, that was a fast NO on being able to copy paste the orc language out of the chat box area. Ugh.

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2019, 23:40
The FG "languages" aren't actually languages. They are fonts. At one point in time their was talk about scrambling them to some degree so players couldn't use alpha-numeric character substitution to figure out what they are. So what is printed in chat might not be consistent or easily deciphered. Not sure where it ended up. But, you can do something similar yourself by finding an orc language font online and then just changing the font of your text. Of course, only the English actually means anything, because languages are not just changing an English letter for an Orc letter.

mattekure
January 28th, 2019, 23:50
I know they send scrambled letters to a character who doesnt understand the language being spoken. it's not just that a translation is not provided, but the actual characters sent to someone who understands and someone who doesn't understand are different.