PDA

View Full Version : Unable to access purchased content/campaign characters since I cancelled my sub

Lilly Fireblade
January 28th, 2019, 23:11
I have purchased XGtE thru the fantasy grounds store here and ever since I canceled my Ultimate subscription at the beginning of this month I believe I have been unable to access it. when I hit update I see WOTC5EXGTE pop up and reading the Update.txt in my users/[name]/appdata/roaming/fantasy grounds/ it is there it is also in the vault folder as well. But, when I go to load it in either create demo campaign or manage characters I do not see it.

Also, since I canceled my subscription I have been unable to export/see the characters that I have used in games this month. I have tried the /save command but the only versions I see are the ones I had from when I had ultimate and not the ones that I have edited at the table during my adventure.

Finally, I did try to send an email about the first issue to the support email listed on the orders page and it was auto-rejected as spam.

Andraax
January 28th, 2019, 23:13
When you cancel a subscription, Paypal turns it off immediately.

Lilly Fireblade
January 28th, 2019, 23:16
Yes, I know that I don't get the benefits of Ultimate after I cancel. but access to a Purchased resource and all access to my characters to my knowledge is not one of them, or are they and I have just missed it being written somewhere?

Andraax
January 28th, 2019, 23:27
Almost all of the entries in the store say "Requirements: This content requires an active license to download and use." Since you no longer have an active license, you cannot use the resources. Once you reactivate your subscription (or purchase a license) you will see your content again.

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2019, 23:42
Not sure what's going on with the characters, but the DLC is as Andraax says, it requires an license or an active subscription.

damned
January 28th, 2019, 23:50
You shoudl be able to access your characters - you probably need to remove your license key and then run the updater.
This will turn the client back int a Demo client and you can go into Manage Characters - or open the campaign if you were the GM - and then export them.

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 02:34
I didn't realize that about purchased content, so that one is solved, now back to the characters.

I removed my key back when I canceled my subscription if I remember correctly I had to do this to even either login/update.
I have cleared and re-entered my login credentials multiple times as well. I am attaching screenshots of the main menu and my settings menu.

Trenloe
January 29th, 2019, 02:48
I have tried the /save command but the only versions I see are the ones I had from when I had ultimate and not the ones that I have edited at the table during my adventure.
Access the PCs you have used as a player through Manage Characters. On the FG startup screen, click "Manager Characters" then select the campaign you were playing from the campaign list on the right and click "Start". You will then have read-only access to the PCs you controlled (didn't release) when you last exited the game while connected to the GM.

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 03:56
They are not there, in any of the games/campaigns that I have played since I went to free. The only ones that I can see are the versions that existed in the games prior to that. Characters that I make new at the table don't even show up. It is like my local/cached copies of my characters don't get updated when I either use the /save command or leave the table session.

damned
January 29th, 2019, 04:03
Hi Lilly do you release your character before disconnecting from the table?
If you do that it removes the character from your local database.

If you go into the campaigns folder do the folder dates or contents of teh folders have dates that correspond with the last sessions?

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 04:21
No I tend to not release my characters before leaving, should I release them?

The Masked Image for the map that we played on in my last game lines up but I don't have anything else in these folders but masked images. I don't even have a folder for a campaign that a table buddy invited me to, to show me different ways to handle 5e druids wild shape, but he didn't use any masked images in his explanation.

damned
January 29th, 2019, 04:35
Lilly - try to connect to my table insane hook puny idol and see if you can create a PC.
Disconnect and then see if its in Manage Characters.
Check also the /campaigns folder.

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 04:56
Okay, I made the character Two Peas and was able to load it up in the manager but there is no /11 folder in my /campaigns folder. So why can't I access characters from at least two different people but I could yours damned?

damned
January 29th, 2019, 05:24
sorry Ive been using the wrong location - can you look at /cache?

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 05:43
Okay, I am seeing a /11 folder in /cache. for some reason, I have a slightly different spelling of one of the games that I am in and the only thing in that folder is a campaign.dat in the other I am seeing all sorts of .dat files... they both have dates on or after when the game actually happened. (the dm had the game open for a little bit over a day after the game ended, and I used it to troubleshoot this issue.) Also the one that only has the campaign.dat in it isn't listed in character manager but when I click on the name that maches the one with all the files the file that gets modified is in the other folder. (IE: the game that matches folder A shows up in manager, but when it is accessed and then return to launcher is chosen the file that has the time stamp that matches that action is in folder B. Folder A is un-modified from game night.)

damned
January 29th, 2019, 06:32
Do these folders have names with special characters in them? characters other than a-z, 0-9 and space?
Im grasping at straws here...

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 06:52
The difference between the two names is in what looks like a special character code format. folder b has more numbers than folder a. The special character %3A for folder a and %253A for folder b. so Folder a has : and Folder b has %3A which happens to be what folder A's code is.

[EDIT/Update] I tried copying the files from folder a to folder b then access the character manager but the only thing that accomplished was that it made a new folder with %25253A in it. So I Deleted the offending % since it appears to be bugged at the moment. And when I went to check my characters in the manager under the new name my character was there. Also some how my other missing characters also appeared in there respective tables/cache files even though I only had one with a special character in it.

What appears to ended up happening is that when I was playing at the table the data saving/caching feature saved the info under folder a which when the character manager pulled it up it saw the % in the folder name and decided to break it down into a hex html special character code then check for existance for files at the new location which of course doesn't exist.

damned
January 29th, 2019, 07:09
Im sorry - I didnt quite follow - could you post a screen shot of your /cache directory?

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 07:23
The top highlighted folder is what I have been calling Folder A, the bottom highlighted one is the one that I have been calling folder b.
%25 is the hex-based HTML code for %.
%3A is the hex-based HTML code for :.

damned
January 29th, 2019, 07:32
That is likely to be the issue... I think... The pathname isnt matching what FG expects.
The GM has an ":" or similar in the campaign name...

You could politely ask the GM to go to their Campaigns folder, create a new Folder called DDHC-WD3A (or whatever so long as it has no more specials) and then copy the contents from the campaign into the new folder.
When they load their campaign they will need to choose the new campaign name.

Lilly Fireblade
January 29th, 2019, 07:41
I have sent the dm in question a message in discord, and I have removed the % from the name of my cache folder so I can at least access my character now. I have a lot of prep to do for our game tomorrow since I just got wild shape. Thank you for helping me figure out what the root cause on my end was. It would be nice if some sort of detection could be implemented that wouldn't let people name things with at least a few specific special characters.