PDA

View Full Version : FUM Open Gaming Table......?

Snikle
August 16th, 2006, 16:38
Please comment, would like to hear everyones thoughts on this idea:
https://fouruglymonsters.com/fumcomm/viewtopic.php?p=5933#5933

tdwyer11b
August 16th, 2006, 17:44
Of course it sounds good to me Snik, BFRPG ruleset should be done really soon (been slakcing off the last few days). But as it stands now, all thats left to do on the BFRPG ruleset is to finish up the monsters and rearrange the NPC descriptions and it should be good to go. Of course it needs to be played to find out if I missed something. Should be a good way to hop into a game without having to commit to a full campaign. Plus it'll give some of the new guys some time to get comfortable with the software.

tdwyer11b
August 18th, 2006, 08:24
WOW, I thought there would be more replies to this by now, nobodies interested???

LordTomar
August 18th, 2006, 08:52
Think everyone who wants to talk about it decided to post on the FUM forum instead of here.

tdwyer11b
August 18th, 2006, 09:09
hehe, guess I should check over there more often.:D

Snikle
August 18th, 2006, 12:49
I find it really interesting because there are lots of people around always asking about games, and yet the only people who responded to this were people I already to talk to off forum. Oh well, tried to get games going, but I guess people aren't interested after all.

Lawnikky
August 20th, 2006, 13:37
May have something to do with the time zone ... I'm in Australia and you're in The States ... non-compatable times.

Kalan
August 20th, 2006, 17:22
May have something to do with the time zone ... I'm in Australia and you're in The States ... non-compatable times.

The trick is mate is we'd be willin to work with people on compatible times :)

I already do this to meet with my gf who's in Denmark - so I tend to keep to hours that match hers during the weekend - I'm sure some of us would be more than willing to accomodate players from Down Under...

tdwyer11b
August 20th, 2006, 18:33
Right, I already keep really goofy hours, so playin at 3 am MST wouldn't be a problem with me.

Snikle
August 20th, 2006, 18:51
The idea is too get a few DMs willing to run a game here and there, various game systems, various times, whatever, no set time or anything. This way over the course of a month or two, surely a game would come by that would be a good time, or a particular system that you might want to try out.
This would work even better if SW could get a way to allow the GMs to have a sort of floating license so anyone could play without a purchased lic, then we could use these games as a sort of try-before-you-buy game. Or if the demo could connect to a licensed version or something (perhaps put a time limit or connection limit or something).

Lawnikky
August 20th, 2006, 20:41
Don't get me wrong, the idea, in priciple, is great ... I hope you are successful in getting it off the ground (especially the limited open floating licence thing for FG)

If you're looking for more DM's, Id be wiling to get involved (once I test my system to see if I can get it to run firswt though)

Griogre
August 20th, 2006, 23:23
The idea is too get a few DMs willing to run a game here and there, various game systems, various times, whatever, no set time or anything. This way over the course of a month or two, surely a game would come by that would be a good time, or a particular system that you might want to try out.
This would work even better if SW could get a way to allow the GMs to have a sort of floating license so anyone could play without a purchased lic, then we could use these games as a sort of try-before-you-buy game. Or if the demo could connect to a licensed version or something (perhaps put a time limit or connection limit or something).
Or we could just run a few games on the demo, too.

Griogre
August 21st, 2006, 03:07
When I ran a game club in College, we had a rule for the GM's - you have to get the party back to town or a safe place at the end of a session. We did this so if a new player showed up next week or someone did not show characters could be swapped freely.

Why the ramblings? It occurred to me you could run something longer term for a constantly shifting group of players using the same strategy - and a huge dungeon crawl like Undermountain would work well this way.

Somewhere in Ohio is a package heading towards me from Amazon. In it is Rappan Athuk Reloaded. By changing the back story, I was just thinking I could run this as a series of crawls with a shifting group of players. As it is d20 I could start it right away next week and run it as people could attend or I had time. I even though of a somewhat trite back story to explain why characters can’t stay in the dungeon past a certain time interval.

With Rappan Athuk as lethal as it is, this game would have a 70's First Fantasy Campaign feel and you could change characters every session. Anyone interested?

Snikle
August 21st, 2006, 17:37
Ok, so far I got one definate DM, and another one possible. Looks like this may happen after all. If you are interested, be sure to head over to FUM and see if there is a game for you.

Talen
August 21st, 2006, 22:11
I'll probably be able to GM a Mutants and Masterminds session in about 3 weeks...I'm putting together a module now and hopefully that, along with the tokens and char sheet (generously being put together by someone at the M&M boards) will be done by then.

Snikle
August 22nd, 2006, 18:03
Let me know a particular date and I will post an official announcement over at the FUM Forums for it. Also if you are considering running more than one, we can set you up with a forum thread over there as well for you to use as a sign-up/detail/information area for your games.

MilkmanOfDoom
December 13th, 2006, 15:17
I tried to check out the link with no luck - are you sure it's valid?

- Scott

tdwyer11b
December 13th, 2006, 19:46
here's a direct link to the forums:

https://www.fouruglymonsters.com/community/