PDA

View Full Version : Extension to fit maps to window

Tielc
January 27th, 2019, 15:25
Is there an extension (maybe similar to the map resize for face to face), that could automatically determine if a map is larger than the player's UI and resize it down to fit? I'm using higher resolution maps in my game, and I run on a 3440 x 1440 screen. However, many of my players have 1920 x 1080 screens. I can explain to them how to resize the map, but I'm wondering if there's a mod that will just take care of this.

Trenloe
January 27th, 2019, 15:55
This can’t be done in an extension as there isn’t an API call that can return the FG window size.

Note: the recommended maximum resolution for FG images and maps is 2048x2048 pixels. Displaying images in FG can take up a lot of FG's finite 32-bit memory (capping out at 3.7GB, no matter how much memory your computer has). The larger the map, the more memory used. Hence the recommendation of keeping maps maps within 2048x2048 pixels (or the equivalent number of pixels) wherever possible, and being aware of this and FGs memory use.

damned
January 28th, 2019, 00:03
if your players are finding this too difficult the you could when you open a map on your screen first size it to something less than 1920x1080 and then share it.
You can then adjust to a size that suits you.

LordEntrails
January 28th, 2019, 04:28
if your players are finding this too difficult the you could when you open a map on your screen first size it to something less than 1920x1080 and then share it.
You can then adjust to a size that suits you.
This is what I always do prior to sharing. Right mouse, resize, small (or something like that.) That way everyone can size it the way they want.